Tim Sherwood

scott_jambo

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tiberius Stinkfinger

As someone who regularly visits White Hart Lane, I hope he gets the job.

A breath of fresh air and a bit of a wise arse, he will prove popular on here eventually.

4-4-2 isn't very fashionable in modern football, I'd be surprised if Sherwood is the man to successfully bring it back at the top level.

4-4-2 isn't very fashionable in modern football, I'd be surprised if Sherwood is the man to successfully bring it back at the top level.

Why? Who says 442 cannot work?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that anyone is saying it can't work?

You're an Arsenal fan. I find your support for your fellow Arsenal fan, Tim Sherwood, becoming Tottenham manager, extremely suspicious. :ninja:

By definition, no they're not (not always)

It depends on your definition of long term, Malky.

A project indicates a process - a preparation stage, carrying out the plans and conclusion/evaluation.

Projects are never instant, they span over a set period of time. How you define longevity is dependent on your situation.

It depends on your definition of long term, Malky.

A project indicates a process - a preparation stage, carrying out the plans and conclusion/evaluation.

Projects are never instant, they span over a set period of time. How you define longevity is dependent on your situation.

So, a project is, by definition, long-term...depending on one's definition of long-term...

Righty-ho.

So, a project is, by definition, long-term...depending on one's definition of long-term...

Righty-ho.

:lol:

It's not about my definition of long term, it is that not all projects can be defined as long term.

If you take Brendan Rodgers turning round Liverpool to get them challenging for the title and then say compare that to AFC Wimbledon trying to get into the EPL then in comparative terms the AFC Wimbledon project is long term vs what Rodgers has done in the past year.

In my work, one of my colleagues and I have two different projects mine will last 18-20 months, his can be 3-4 years so in my company/industry by definition although over a year long my project is considered short term comparison with others.

To be honest I'm agreeing with about 95% of what you are saying but had to pick up on that point

Righty-ho.

Isn't it always?

AVB strikes me as one of those managerial geniuses whose reputation can survive any and all sackings but still attract incredible wages and job opportunities. A bit like Sven.

Forgot about when Fergie took them over?

Or when Barca where in the Uefa cup season after season before their project was implemented.

You're taking the piss when you're talking about "projects" though aren't you? You must be. You surely must be.

The only managers who started talking about interesting "projects" were those who failed to properly translate the terms for "plans" and came up with "project". The owners of Barcelona or Chelsea, for example, don't spend tens of millions of pounds a year to get someone in to be a project manager. They get someone in to achieve a plan. And the plan is to win the league, the Champions League and to be profitable. It's not a project.

Proyecto (or indeed projet) both mean "plan".

You're taking the piss when you're talking about "projects" though aren't you? You must be. You surely must be.

The only managers who started talking about interesting "projects" were those who failed to properly translate the terms for "plans" and came up with "project". The owners of Barcelona or Chelsea, for example, don't spend tens of millions of pounds a year to get someone in to be a project manager. They get someone in to achieve a plan. And the plan is to win the league, the Champions League and to be profitable. It's not a project.

Don't really agree with this: albeit we're splitting hairs really. Mourinho uses the term 'project' all the time; and the project he's taken on at Chelsea this time around is wildly different from the one he took on last time, as he's been explaining to the press over recent days.

Lo and behold, Abramovich of all people appears to be learning the virtues of patience. Meaning that Jose may well not have to win either the league or CL this season, and is already talking about hitting the ground running next season instead.

tartofmidlothian

AVB strikes me as one of those managerial geniuses whose reputation can survive any and all sackings but still attract incredible wages and job opportunities. A bit like Sven.

I wouldn't say Sven's reputation is still going strong, but fair play to the guy for collecting payoff after payoff in the last few years.

Rudolf's Mate

I wouldn't say Sven's reputation is still going strong, but fair play to the guy for collecting payoff after payoff in the last few years.

Very good point! I can't believe the guys in the frame for top jobs seeing as he's done feck all since he left Engerlund!

As for TS. He's pandered to the Sours fans in order to get the gig. Other than this I can't recall another time when he's given an interview like this?

IMO he's also being pre-judged on the understanding that Spurs fans are arrogant and have a belief that they're bigger and better than they've finished in the league. Knowing around 25 Spurs fans personally I find this hard to believe as not one's shown the arrogance that I keep hearing about.

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be willing to give him a handful of games.

It wasn't me who used the word project. It was Tim Sherwood.

Keep up.

Rudolf's Mate

In his interview he says

"It's got to be good for Tottenham and it's got to be good for Tim Sherwood". :facepalm:

Says he's not interested in a short term contract. Only long term. Right then.

I hope he gets it, will be a really enjoyable hate figure.

Just seen the interview this morning and I think you need to go back and listen again.

He says its got to be right for Spurs first rather than being right for Tim Sherwood! Totally different from what you've made out above!

Imagine being a young manager and having an absence of a philosophy on how you'd like the game to be played - giving it the "it's all about the results" rhetoric, as if he's been around the block a few times and writing off managers like AVB for trying to implement a philosophy or ideas onto their team. Don't they know it's just about results?

The players obviously didn't like AVB, especially 'arry's favourites - that's clear to see. The more I read about Sherwood is that he's a kleiping wee leetch. If a big as Spurs with all that money take on a manager with an absence of a long-term plan/project then more the fool them. How utterly depressing it would be to be a Spurs fan.

Just seen the interview this morning and I think you need to go back and listen again.

He says its got to be right for Spurs first rather than being right for Tim Sherwood! Totally different from what you've made out above!

Sorry if i've misquoted but my point was that he is referring to himself in the third person. Scott_jambo sometimes hears things wrong, but Scott_jambo knows when to admit he's wrong.

Apologies.

Rudolf's Mate

Sorry if i've misquoted but my point was that he is referring to himself in the third person. Scott_jambo sometimes hears things wrong, but Scott_jambo knows when to admit he's wrong.

Apologies.

Fair enough mate though a lot of the seethe towards him was based on his arrogance, which was attributed to comments he may not have actually made.

Loving the third person response though :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine being a young manager and having an absence of a philosophy on how you'd like the game to be played - giving it the "it's all about the results" rhetoric, as if he's been around the block a few times and writing off managers like AVB for trying to implement a philosophy or ideas onto their team. Don't they know it's just about results?

The players obviously didn't like AVB, especially 'arry's favourites - that's clear to see. The more I read about Sherwood is that he's a kleiping wee leetch. If a big as Spurs with all that money take on a manager with an absence of a long-term plan/project then more the fool them. How utterly depressing it would be to be a Spurs fan.

It's him. He's the snake.

Levy can't be so stupid as to reward his treachery with the job, shirley?

Chad Sexington

:lol:

tartofmidlothian

Very good point! I can't believe the guys in the frame for top jobs seeing as he's done feck all since he left Engerlund!

As for TS. He's pandered to the Sours fans in order to get the gig. Other than this I can't recall another time when he's given an interview like this?

IMO he's also being pre-judged on the understanding that Spurs fans are arrogant and have a belief that they're bigger and better than they've finished in the league. Knowing around 25 Spurs fans personally I find this hard to believe as not one's shown the arrogance that I keep hearing about.

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be willing to give him a handful of games.

On the subject of Sven, there's a news story out there (Telegraph?) which says it's him that's in the frame for the Cardiff job if it becomes vacant!

What`s a long term plan go to do directly with the first team ? The long term plan is more to do with bringing through young players and that`s in the background with academies.

A manager is there to organise and influence the first team , of course he keeps an eye on other things like the academy, as Fergie did, but you should have the proper people in place to take care of that side.

Man United`s philosophy was winning. And Ferguson had this attitude bred in from youth level upwards. It didn`t mean they neglected working on technique or knowledge of the game but half that battle was won by scouting the right young players to join the club. Look at Januzai(sp), superbly talented but what a great attitude he has towards the game.

Players are ready to go into the Man U team most of the time, it isn`t the first team managers job to be a youth coach although the players themselves have, of course ,still to learn more at first team level but are more or less ready for the rigours of top level.

Rudolf's Mate

On the subject of Sven, there's a news story out there (Telegraph?) which says it's him that's in the frame for the Cardiff job if it becomes vacant!

Couldn't remember which job it was he was linked with. Bizarre if there was any truth to it and as a fan I wouldn't be happy with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What`s a long term plan go to do directly with the first team ? The long term plan is more to do with bringing through young players and that`s in the background with academies.

A manager is there to organise and influence the first team , of course he keeps an eye on other things like the academy, as Fergie did, but you should have the proper people in place to take care of that side.

Man United`s philosophy was winning. And Ferguson had this attitude bred in from youth level upwards. It didn`t mean they neglected working on technique or knowledge of the game but half that battle was won by scouting the right young players to join the club. Look at Januzai(sp), superbly talented but what a great attitude he has towards the game.

Players are ready to go into the Man U team most of the time, it isn`t the first team managers job to be a youth coach although the players themselves have, of course ,still to learn more at first team level but are more or less ready for the rigours of top level.

And yet that philosophy involved him continually ripping things up and starting again. How many great or very good sides did he build there? At least four. More than one is usually beyond most even very good managers.

Yet that he had the balls to do that - never more so than in 1995, when Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis were all got rid if - shows that he was always thinking of the long term. That he responded to what Real did to United in 2000 by ditching their swashbuckling approach in Europe and embarking on something far more cautious instead, which they even adopted domestically towards the end of his time, again shows how flexible, versatile and focused on the long term he always was.

And yet that philosophy involved him continually ripping things up and starting again. How many great or very good sides did he build there? At least four. More than one is usually beyond most even very good managers.

Yet that he had the balls to do that - never more so than in 1995, when Ince, Hughes and Kanchelskis were all got rid if - shows that he was always thinking of the long term. That he responded to what Real did to United in 2000 by ditching their swashbuckling approach in Europe and embarking on something far more cautious instead, which they even adopted domestically towards the end of his time, again shows how flexible, versatile and focused on the long term he always was.

Yeah, i suppose there is an element of long term thinking there but also short term because he needed to change there and then.........to win. In turn, that team would maybe last 2 or 3 seasons and bring success.

Short term thinking= long term success? haha. A short-long term plan then. :kirk:

Yeah, i suppose there is an element of long term thinking there but also short term because he needed to change there and then.........to win. In turn, that team would maybe last 2 or 3 seasons and bring success.

Short term thinking= long term success? haha. A short-long term plan then. :kirk:

It's definitely both. Many managers can't do that because their clubs and/or fans won't let them. The credit he'd gained by ending their long wait, then the treble and all the rest of it, enabled him to keep doing so.

It's a tough task, don't get me wrong: but look at the abuse Craig Brown always gets on here for allowing his Scotland side to grow so old together. That already represents an awareness among Scotland fans that the future should've been looked at as well. The best managers have to keep one eye on the present, the other on the future, it seems to me - and until now, Mourinho's only been a constant winning machine because he's always chosen clubs where the present was all that counted. Meaning that his new project ::troll:::'> at Chelsea is a completely new challenge for him as well.

Man United`s philosophy was winning.

That's a belter. :laugh:

We should make that Hearts philosophy, we will no doubt start picking up points pronto.

That's a belter. :laugh:

We should make that Hearts philosophy, we will no doubt start picking up points pronto.

you don`t get it do you?

I`m not into spending a whole day on a 4 page essay to nutshell everything......There`s alot goes into producing that winning philosophy, and that is acquiring the right type of player(that could mean a number of different attributes), not only at first team level but also the type you get in at youth level.

you don`t get it do you?

I`m not into spending a whole day on a 4 page essay to nutshell everything......There`s alot goes into producing that winning philosophy, and that is acquiring the right type of player(that could mean a number of different attributes), not only at first team level but also the type you get in at youth level.

Sounds like a long term plan or dare I say - project. :laugh:

Sergio Garcia has just read on the below Guardian link that Scott's idol Tim Sherwood has been offered the interim manager position until the end of the season. Sergio Garcia is nonplussed at this news.

http://www.theguardi...ager?CMP=twt_gu

shaun.lawson now thinks that Daniel Levy is even more of a clueless, know nothing buffoon. shaun.lawson can only assume that Spurs have got Van Cheesehead signed up for next season - but shaun.lawson thinks that Spurs can now kiss goodbye to doing the slightest thing this campaign, and that the likes of Everton and Liverpool will be dancing.

shaun.lawson now thinks that Daniel Levy is even more of a clueless, know nothing buffoon. shaun.lawson can only assume that Spurs have got Van Cheesehead signed up for next season - but shaun.lawson thinks that Spurs can now kiss goodbye to doing the slightest thing this campaign, and that the likes of Everton and Liverpool will be dancing.

I look forward to the postings from 'feckin know all' and the 'Man from Uraguay'. I really hope 'Tim but Dim' does not spoil their ramblings.

So Spurs either going for results or a medium-term project. They will be truly unique in that regard.

Funny old game.

sherwood given the job until the end of next season

That is absolutely ******* nuts! :lol:

Archived