Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 02/09/2022 at 10:52, JWL said:

Another random one. When you see these nutters, usually in some Middle Eastern or African war zone, firing live rounds randomly into the air, why are more people not killed or injured when the bullets fall back down to the ground?

The reason that there aren't more people killed by this is that when the bullet is falling back to earth then the target area is relatively small (head and shoulders) meaning the bullet has to land within a space of 0.1 sq meters, even somewhere as densely populated as Greater London with 10m inhabitants across 1569 sq kilometers you'd need to be very unlucky for a bullet randomly fired into the air to come down and hit you as it'd only have a 0.064% chance

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Were Rod, Jane and Freddy pumping each other? 

Jane was married to Rod and is now married to Freddy, so maybe. I reckon Bungle was in on it too.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Meathook said:

Jane was married to Rod and is now married to Freddy, so maybe. I reckon Bungle was in on it too.

More than bungle by the looks of it 😳

I P Knightley

Why do folk cut sandwiches in triangles?

Rectangles make no difference to flavour or the ease of holding or eating them and it's easier to pack them if rectangular.

37 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Rectangles make no difference to flavour or the ease of holding or eating them and it's easier to pack them if rectangular.

Tidier to eat at a social function I’d imagine. Easier to be dainty putting the point of a triangle in your gob. 

I P Knightley
34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Tidier to eat at a social function I’d imagine. Easier to be dainty putting the point of a triangle in your gob. 

I turn them round and put them in flat end first.

'kin rebel, me!!

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I turn them round and put them in flat end first.

'kin rebel, me!!

flat end first? you sound like the kind of deviant who would eat dry cereal

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

flat end first? you sound like the kind of deviant who would eat dry cereal

That's just disgusting, it'll be all dry. You don't eat cereal without water.

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's just disgusting, it'll be all dry. You don't eat cereal without water.

I refer the learned gentleman to Tazio's earlier reply about my big gob.

And I do eat cereal without water. What kind of fallen character puts water on his cereal? Milk all the way.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

they look prettier.  Presentation is everything in hospitality events etc. 

14 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Why do cyclists use the road when there is a perfect path the council spent millions on just for them🤬🤬

I shouted at one last night when he was on the pavement and cycling towards me

" get on the decking road" he didnt listen and stuck the vickies up to me :) i stuck mine up too.  :)

19 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Why do cyclists use the road when there is a perfect path the council spent millions on just for them🤬🤬

I do it because I know it makes drivers seethe. 

henrysmithsgloves
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I do it because I know it makes drivers seethe. 

Where's there blame, there's a claim 🤔

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Where's there blame, there's a claim 🤔

Yep, you can’t beat a nice easy claim. Like getting hit by a couple of tons of car. 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

they look prettier.  Presentation is everything in hospitality events etc. 

I shouted at one last night when he was on the pavement and cycling towards me

" get on the decking road" he didnt listen and stuck the vickies up to me :) i stuck mine up too.  :)

Cycling on the pavement is an absolute no-no (unless you're 6).

I don't know the state of the cycle lanes in Edinburgh but when the first few were marked out in London, it was a lottery whether it was safer to be in them or on the road at the mercy of careless drivers. The cycle lanes were usually just the edge of the road painted off so you had to negotiate drains, potholes and all the detritus that makes its way towards the side of the road. I would typically cycle on the white line and choose which side to change to depending on the state of the road ahead.

More recently, cycle lanes have been segregated. The better ones are segregated from the road by a kerb and, 99 times out of 100, I'd stick to them. Others have got wands where white lines used to be. They suffer the same frequency of potholes and broken glass so I wouldn't be surprised if cyclists jump out of those lanes more often.

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Yep, you can’t beat a nice easy claim. Like getting hit by a couple of tons of car. 

I like your honesty 👍🏻

24 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Cycling on the pavement is an absolute no-no (unless you're 6).

I don't know the state of the cycle lanes in Edinburgh but when the first few were marked out in London, it was a lottery whether it was safer to be in them or on the road at the mercy of careless drivers. The cycle lanes were usually just the edge of the road painted off so you had to negotiate drains, potholes and all the detritus that makes its way towards the side of the road. I would typically cycle on the white line and choose which side to change to depending on the state of the road ahead.

More recently, cycle lanes have been segregated. The better ones are segregated from the road by a kerb and, 99 times out of 100, I'd stick to them. Others have got wands where white lines used to be. They suffer the same frequency of potholes and broken glass so I wouldn't be surprised if cyclists jump out of those lanes more often.

it boils my piss . pardon le francais 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

When I was parking up for the RFS match last week I almost wiped out a cyclist, clad in all-black, with no lights.

It's not that I didn't see him, I just made a late decision to save his life. When I politely asked him to purchase a set of lights, he got a wee seethe going. Prick.

Should have killed him.  

R (16).gif

15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

When I was parking up for the RFS match last week I almost wiped out a cyclist, clad in all-black, with no lights.

It's not that I didn't see him, I just made a late decision to save his life. When I politely asked him to purchase a set of lights, he got a wee seethe going. Prick.

As I always say there’s a difference between a cyclist and someone who owns a bike. 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

TBF, I can't dance even when I'm pished. 

Me neither, but I think I look like John Travolta when I'm pished and don't give a **** that I actually look like a Walrus having a seizure when I'm dancing.

Edited by Dawnrazor

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

TBF, I can't dance even when I'm pished. 

You must be a manly  Man then 😂

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Me neither, but I think I look like John Travolta when I'm pished and don't give a **** that I actually look like a Walrus having a seizure when I'm dancing.

😂😂 i won a dancing completion on an Xmas staff night at a hotel one year ! It was to “ you never can tell “ chuck berry ! I was def inebriated . 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Raging heterosexual.

To coin a phrase of that other " raging heterosexual " on this 

" We need more raging heterosexuals  imo"  

The whole let's rage at cyclists thing is old and boring now, have you nothing better to do?

No, i don't own a bike. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The whole let's rage at cyclists thing is old and boring now, have you nothing better to do?

No, i don't own a bike. 

image-23-10-21-07-01-7.jpeg

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

As I always say there’s a difference between a cyclist and someone who owns a bike. 

Where I live a cyclist is usually a mamil😂

Middle Aged Man In Lycra😳 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No, i don't own a bike. 

No rage here,just wondered why cycle on the road next to a brand new cycle lane🤔👍🏻

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

No, i don't own a bike. 

There was a half hour Panorama on this evening about Drvier v Cyclist. The drivers who gave comments seemed to be very stuck in their ways and refused to see things from the cyclists' perspective. Most cyclists, though, have probably got a fair degree of experience of driving so will be more level headed.

Leicester seems like a good place to visit with a bike.

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

No rage here,just wondered why cycle on the road next to a brand new cycle lane🤔👍🏻

...and then went on to suggest they were deliberately putting themselves in harm's way for financial gain.

2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

It's a fair point, but i would need to see the video, we're hardly anywhere close to holland when it comes to cycle lanes. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

...and then went on to suggest they were deliberately putting themselves in harm's way for financial gain.

A  suggestion not a statement,if I cycled I would use the new path,as tazio said I wouldn't fancy a couple of tonnes of metal hitting me either😳

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

A  suggestion not a statement,if I cycled I would use the new path,as tazio said I wouldn't fancy a couple of tonnes of metal hitting me either😳

Believe me; the fokkers can still get at you even when you use the cycle lane.

11 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

There was a half hour Panorama on this evening about Drvier v Cyclist. The drivers who gave comments seemed to be very stuck in their ways and refused to see things from the cyclists' perspective. Most cyclists, though, have probably got a fair degree of experience of driving so will be more level headed.

Leicester seems like a good place to visit with a bike.

I think there's a fair bit of envy involved, to be honest, drivers can't handle the thought of people enjoying cycling, or people wanting to get fit, then you've got the guys that are having to cycle to work because they can't afford a car. 

Moaning about having to take an extra minute to get round a cyclist is pretty pathetic to me. 

We'd give the NHS a wee breather if there was more cycle lanes imo. 

The Government are happy to pump millions into trams, when we already have buses. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

18 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Well of course all cyclists are roughly the same age and outfitted identically. 
Part of my cycle to work, once I’m off the cycle path, involves cycling though Haymarket and then turning right at Maitland Street before getting onto the last part of the West Approach Road. None of this has cycle lanes. I’m also a competent enough cyclist to not need a cycle lane and as posted above many of he ones on main roads are shared with buses and in very bad condition. The ones on Leith Walk that share with the pavement aren’t safe for either cyclists or pedestrians. What’s the point of a cycle lane if I have to ride at walking pace? I could just walk. 

henrysmithsgloves
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well of course all cyclists are roughly the same age and outfitted identically. 
Part of my cycle to work, once I’m off the cycle path, involves cycling though Haymarket and then turning right at Maitland Street before getting onto the last part of the West Approach Road. None of this has cycle lanes. I’m also a competent enough cyclist to not need a cycle lane and as posted above many of he ones on main roads are shared with buses and in very bad condition. The ones on Leith Walk that share with the pavement aren’t safe for either cyclists or pedestrians. What’s the point of a cycle lane if I have to ride at walking pace? I could just walk. 

So true, it just amazes me that some seem to put themselves at danger on these dark winter days rather than use a brand new cycle lane👍🏻

8 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

So true, it just amazes me that some seem to put themselves at danger on these dark winter days rather than use a brand new cycle lane👍🏻

Where exactly is this cycle lane you’re so keen on being used? 

Dick Dastardly
21 hours ago, Meathook said:

Zippy got in on the kinky action

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Zippy got in on the kinky action

Why did Bumgle walk about all day naked but at night he put pjamas on ? Very odd 

Dick Dastardly
39 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why did Bumgle walk about all day naked but at night he put pjamas on ? Very odd 

Freudian slip? 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Freudian slip? 

Omg didn’t notice that ! My thoughts must have been elsewhere 😂

22 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

A lot of cycle paths end up with give way sections at junctions to the main road, or the ones that are just painted parts of footpaths have you constantly dropping off and bumping up kerbs.  These ones have the added bonus of having poor visibility from side roads and driveways.  You can either cycle uninterrupted on the road (with right of way), or you can cycle on the footpath/bikepath and be stopping and starting every 100 yards.  Imagine if you had to drive your car like that, how long a journey would take?

If the infrastructure was better designed and it meant that pedestrians, bikes and roads could have their own dedicated space from the very start, it would stop a lot of problems, but nothing in this country was designed like that.  The vast majority of them are bolted on to existing infrastructure and you end up having to share with one or the other.