The Falkirk v Hearts thread..

Walter Bishop

2-3 decent lay offs in the first 20 minutes but otherwise totally anonymous. Please move him on ASAP.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ScottishSandstorm

&%*@ that is our season. Berra better not play!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I have just wasted a bottle of wine in watching that dross.

Oh God, I need more drink.

Roy Barry

Really poor performance.

Those players in a 4-4-2 just don't work. No attacking midfielder and very little offered from wide.

Our forwards are poor but the service they got today was shocking.

Charlie-Brown

Frail should have changed the tactics sooner - the midfield was too flat for the first hour - too little too late - bad marking at both their goals especially Jose for the second just watch the striker head in.....if we can get a reasonable offer for Kingston we should sell.

Drew Busby !

8th position is still in our grasp, in fact it would make for a very nice geometric sequence.

2nd-4th-8th....

gowestjambo

Brilliant marketing plan to e-mail the supporters extending the discount period, all going according to plan - until the team ***** it up again!!!

Frail should have changed the tactics sooner - the midfield was too flat for the first hour - too little too late - bad marking at both their goals especially Jose for the second just watch the striker head in.....if we can get a reasonable offer for Kingston we should sell.

He was constrained by the fact we had two players go off injured in the first half.

chester copperpot
I'm off to kick the wife and shag the dog

Im off to kill the wife, and kill the dog.

Bit of perspective here. Why did we think we'd win?

We have an amatuer running the team, with no experience, we have a team lacking in coaching (that is the most obvious point for me).

Why are we surprised we lost here. Falkirk outplayed us, outsmarted us, and in the end, beat us.

You can have Real Madrid players playing tonight, if they'd been subjected to our coaching for the last 3 years, even RAUL would've struggled in that team.

He was constrained by the fact we had two players go off injured in the first half.

He was constrained by the players he put out in the first place and the bench he put together.

Beaten AGAIN by a club with a fraction of our wage bill. Total disgrace to the jerseys not helped by a joke of a 'head coach'.

Drew Busby !
I have just wasted a bottle of wine in watching that dross.

Oh God, I need more drink.

Switch to a nice Port mate, more bang to the buck.

Recommend the Quinta do Noval 10-Year-Old. Takes the edge off 90-minutes of pesh believe me.

chester copperpot
8th position is still in our grasp, in fact it would make for a very nice geometric sequence.

2nd-4th-8th....

10th-uh oh.

gowestjambo

Yes it was a tough task to beat a team from a wee village with a tenth of our resources.............

Charlie-Brown

He was but the shape needed changing sooner - once he did make the change to 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 or whatever it was we started having more of the game & more threat / chances - credit to Frail for changing the tactics but it was too little too late & Kingston's poor quality free kicks in decent areas didn't help our cause.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Take it easy lads.

Did you know, if you take Frails points total and apply it to the start of the season we would be in the top 6. :rolleyes:

Look on the bright side London's been flooded according to ITV

Really? Where? I've not been outside much today, but certainly haven't seen any rain

rudi must stay

2nd-4th-8th....

we not playing Gretna? We're on a winning run against them now:p

chester copperpot
He was but the shape needed changing sooner - once he did make the change to 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 or whatever it was we started having more of the game & more threat / chances - credit to Frail for changing the tactics but it was too little too late & Kingston's poor quality free kicks in decent areas didn't help our cause.

We only had more of the game when we went behind 2-0.

Call it what you want, but it was purely down to that. Falkirk were all over us until this point.

I try to resist criticising young players but Clum does test the patience.

He lacks the power and height to be a bulldozing forward, has no skill or pace to be a nippy one, lacks intelligence and basically to be a striker you need to score goals - he doesn't. If Frail wants the job he'll need to get the blinkers off.

We shouldn't however just blame Clum. Kingston was lazy, careless and didn't look all that interested, Thomson is not ready, Palazuelos and Jonsson are not a dream combination and basically the overall performance was flat.

As I've said on several occasions a mass clear-out is required.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Switch to a nice Port mate, more bang to the buck.

Recommend the Quinta do Noval 10-Year-Old. Takes the edge off 90-minutes of pesh believe me.

Paul, you do not realise what I sacrificed.

A lovely bottle of Chenin Blanc from the Western Cape, truly the garden of Eden. You must try South African wine. Just lovely.

Never mind that dago stuff. Stick to die beste van die Kaap.

(Late Harvest is a lovely wine but I have never seen it over here).

Guest Dr Venkman

End of season fayre. The players looked like they couldn't be arsed and frankly neither could i. Roll on the end of the season. Major changes in the summer please, starting with the manager. Empty out the highly paid under achievers and if the moneys not there anymore let's go back to basics and play some of the young lads and maybe a few Scottish players and a couple of experienced pro's. Kingston, Ruben, Jose, Miko, Pinilla and co....see ya.

It was that bad i turned over and watched the end of the snooker.

hoof.hearted

Clum can trap a ball further than I can kick it !;)

gowestjambo

Frail for manager...............been outsmarted again by thicko John Hughes!! how much lower can we go?

FFS Charlie give it a rest. Frail does not deserve a single shred of credit out of the game.

Start to finish we were terrible.

hearts_crazy

When he got subbed I just said keep fecking walking Calum, and don't stop when you reach the sea, just feck off and never pull on a Hearts top again. Utterly, utterly useless heap of shet.

On a night when several players showed all the skill, effort and guille of a drunken elephant with chronic asthma Calum Elliot still managed to shine like a beacon of utter hopelessness. Please someone tell me how Shaggy can't see how completely hopeless he is. He is nowhere near SPL standard, he would struggle to get a start for a pub team, REALLY!!!! FFS please let it be that Vlad is playing him to sell him in the Summer and that a club is blind enough to take him on, I don't think I can take seeing him running about the pitch like a fecking space cadet for another game let alone another season.

Yes it was a tough task to beat a team from a wee village with a tenth of our resources.............

I agree. I was responding to a comment about Frail not changing things sooner.

All I'm saying is that he obviously didn't change things sooner because he only had one substitute left for the last hour of the match.

I've supported him on this forum before but have to admit I am running out of excuses. Mind you, a few of them were just as bad tonight.....

chester copperpot

Question for all the doubters out there, would a decent manager do better with this sad bunch of no marks. (playing devils advocat here, not trying to win Frail the Gig.)?

Roy Barry

never thought i would say this.....

but when is Robbie Nielson going to be fit :rolleyes:

Question for all the doubters out there, would a decent manager do better with this sad bunch of no marks. (playing devils advocat here, not trying to win Frail the Gig.)?

Yes.

For a start Clum or Jose would not be in the team.

Jambof3tornado
I try to resist criticising young players but Clum does test the patience.

He lacks the power and height to be a bulldozing forward, has no skill or pace to be a nippy one, lacks intelligence and basically to be a striker you need to score goals - he doesn't. If Frail wants the job he'll need to get the blinkers off.

We shouldn't however just blame Clum. Kingston was lazy, careless and didn't look all that interested, Thomson is not ready, Palazuelos and Jonsson are not a dream combination and basically the overall performance was flat.

As I've said on several occasions a mass clear-out is required.

Thomson has had plenty time to make it,not good enough and should be offloaded in the summer.(not the only one from that shower of wage grabbers)

I think there is a team in there somewhere and a decent manager would show that.

No matter who is appointed, if anyone, we need a few strikers.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I dont blame Callum.

I dont blame the players.

I dont blame Shaggy.

Can you imagine Tommy Walker, Alex MacDonald, Jim Jeffries or Craig Levein putting out a team like that?

The man to blame is Vladimir Romanov. His stink is all over this team. This Club.

God help us.

A real manager would be setting fire to their kit, and punching out the laziest of them in the car park. Stevie Frail should have pulled on a jersey and begged Gary Mackay to do the same. I was glad to see a couple of elbows land on that fecker at the back, someone should have sorted him out before half time.

J.T.F.Robertson

A real manager, with real authority would make a significant difference, although it's obviously, totally hypothetical. Even then, it would take time, as the current farce has been going on so long now, it's become almost the norm for most of them. But in answer, despite how truly **** we appear, I believe we are potentially, much better. Sadly, I'll probably never get the chance to prove the theory.

Just back from the game. I keep thinking he cannot get any worse but he does, the guy is a total joke. There are players in the second and third division that could do a better job than him. If I was doing interviews for the job, I think I'd ask just one question, would you play Elliot or boot him out.

Even Frail must now realise how bad his golden boy is, considering in the last two games he's subbed him for a centre half and a winger.

hmfc_steve

Clum is quite simply the worst player I have ever witnessed wearing a maroon jersey ... and I've seen quite a few bad ones like Ernie Winchester etc.

There are others in this team that are.... well, to put it kindly not up to scratch, but he is the worst by a country mile..... he's not a footballer, so why he gets played week in week out I can't fathom.

Thank christ this season is nearly over..... it can't possibly be any worse next season ... can it ?

Only a Game
This is the only game I've watched on tv where I can hear the players above the crowd. :sad:

Miss the bus then ?

Nelly Terraces

***** players, ***** management, ***** performances, ***** league position.

And some of you sound genuinely surprised.

Only a Game
When he got subbed I just said keep fecking walking Calum, and don't stop when you reach the sea, just feck off and never pull on a Hearts top again. Utterly, utterly useless heap of shet.

On a night when several players showed all the skill, effort and guille of a drunken elephant with chronic asthma Calum Elliot still managed to shine like a beacon of utter hopelessness. Please someone tell me how Shaggy can't see how completely hopeless he is. He is nowhere near SPL standard, he would struggle to get a start for a pub team, REALLY!!!! FFS please let it be that Vlad is playing him to sell him in the Summer and that a club is blind enough to take him on, I don't think I can take seeing him running about the pitch like a fecking space cadet for another game let alone another season.

Thats the kind of post that made kickback famous and won awards !!

Hell I might even renew my subs next month !!

Well said (and damn funny with it)

markletissier

falkirks players as individuals might not match up to our starting 11 but they play some productive team football where as we run around like headless chickens.

Nelly Terraces

Ellioot is just one of the worst out of a very poor set of players we have at our club.

I saw that team tonight and thought, 'they are just total pesh'. Can I just say at this point, an example of this is that lad Jonsson, creamed over on here yet totally ineffectual and I've seen him do nothing in a Hearts shirt. If him and Pala can't run the show in mid against bloody Failkeek then really, you have to admit - he's just not good enough.

Archived