Buffalo Bill?s book: ?Two Miles to Tynecastle?

Guest GhostHunter

speedygonzales

Have to second all those who have recommended this read. I didn't know what to expect but was compelled to buy it as I've known BB for too long not too!

Read the book cover to cover in 2 evenings, it really was that much of a page turner. Some of the matches documentated were recalled with way to much clarity for my liking though(as a supporter of Edinburghs other club!).

Again, born in early 70's/supporter of Edinburgh football = MUST READ.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jamborello

Jings, all these years of reading kickback, and it turns out that Buffalo Bill is the guy at Tynecastle school who used to sit in Mr Savage's History class and pish himself laughing.

And get the entire class laughing with him;)

I seem to remember him writing a classic quote "Ahmaquarterkafflik" up on the board...

All the best with the book from another Saughton Mains veteran.

Craigieboy

Just finished it.

A really good read. I related to a lot of the stuff written being just a wee bit younger than Andy. ;)

Had another 'small world' moment when the wife & I realised that Andy worked in the Esso at Firhill, just next to our secondary school. We could both clearly remember the old garage, the old b*****d & of course Lewis, Firhill schools very own agony uncle. Every day for 2 years I bought my now wife a packet of golden wonder, a topic & a bottle of Iron Bru from Lewis after being shepherded in, 5 school kids at a time. The Esso brought back a good few memories.

Lots of laugh out loud moments & a few sad bits as well.

Good work mate. Thanks for doing it.

Deans Jambo

Can anyone tell me wheres best to order it so it gets sent out right away. Amazon says pre-order?

Can anyone tell me wheres best to order it so it gets sent out right away. Amazon says pre-order?

See first post in thread, mate. Order from Apex directly.

I enjoyed the book tremendously. Good to read one jambo's journey (thus far). I relived many of the tense moments of being a Hearts supporter through BB's tales. I can strongly relate to [spoiler warning] the references to (not there anymore), as I was born in Elsie Inglis (NTA) and went to Longstone Primary (NTA). Any jambo would enjoy the book!

Looking forward to the next one, BB!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I notice the question as to whether KB are receiving any monies for advertising has not been answered that I can see

Fair play prancer, you really have got more neck than a giraffe

Fair play prancer, you really have got more neck than a giraffe

Aye, especially since the opening post was made by the administrator

What an attention seeker

Sergio Garcia

Just ordered the book from Play hopefully arrives soon before i head to Dublin on friday so that i can have inflight reading material!

Rather excited about reading this book!

J

Rather excited about reading this book!

Don't get to excited. It was an ok book, but not one you couldn't put down.

Still worth a read though.

Carl Weathers

Purchasing tonight - was hoping to save it for my holiday but I can't wait any longer!

I'll try Apex I think.

Sergio Garcia
Don't get to excited. It was an ok book, but not one you couldn't put down.

Still worth a read though.

Well i'll calm down a bit then,mildly looking forward to it arriving

Sergio Garcia
Purchasing tonight - was hoping to save it for my holiday but I can't wait any longer!

I'll try Apex I think.

Plays got it at ?7.49 mate,delivery in 24 hours

Maroon Mayhem
So is that an admission that he has paid monies to kb?

I feel that if that is the case it is reasonable to expect this to be disclosed to the membership of the forum rather than it being conducted as if its an independent recommendation

Your contribution to this thread merely serves to remind how narrow-minded and petty you are. Having read your posts I can now happily add jealousy and insecurity to a very long and unfortunate list of personal traits.

If you want to contibute negatively to this thread then I suggest you go buy a copy of the book and slate it in your own inimitable style.

Until then, just go away...............please.

• 1 month later...

Archived