Buffalo Bill?s book: ?Two Miles to Tynecastle?

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

Buffalo Bill’s book: ‘Two Miles to Tynecastle’

Our very own, Buffalo Bill, has written a book and it’s now available to purchase on-line (it’s not in the shops until Aug 1st).

The book is called ‘Two Miles to Tynecastle’ (Apex Publishing).

It's very good. (that's ?20 he owes me for saying that :D)

Below are the links to his publisher and also his own website which gives more insight into the book’s content.

http://www.apexpublishing.co.uk/PubDetails.asp?Num=153

http://www.andrewhenrybowie.co.uk/

“It might make you laugh or cry or do both, but one thing is certain: chaos - will never be far away…”

Dex

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck BB.

Hope it sells well.

When's the KB serialisation starting? :wink:

Looks fantastic. Congratulations Andrew.

I've ordered mine and cant wait to read it.

John

Gigolo-Aunt

All the best Andy. :)

My lawyers will be going though it with a fine tooth comb.

;)

Chad Sexington

I'm lucky enough to own a copy already.

It's a rollicking good read, full of heaving busoms and swashbuckling heroes.

Pity about the character who sits next to Bill at the Gretna cup final though.

I couldn't warm to that moaning git at all. :rolleyes:

Guest GhostHunter

I believe, if you get a mention in the book, the author kindly donates ?1000 to your drinking kitty for the next season.

:D

Caveat - The above may or may not be true, but is probably more likely to be the latter.

bill duff

Bain's Pies are no secret my friend. It's my first stop after leaving the airport and before getting to my "maw's hoose"

Something that the ham shanks know nothing about!

Can we now add BB to our list of celeb fans.... ;)

Good stuff, will grab a copy for sure.

Looking forward to it...do the pre-orders actually get their hands on a copy waaay before August 1st?

Will do that if so.

"Like Jilly Cooper at her best" The Economist

"I cried, I laughed, I cried again" Sunday Times

"Brilliant, powerfully written." Independent On Sunday

"Cor blimey, naughty stuff, I couldn't sit down for a week" Sunday Star

the general

good luck mate and well done,heard about this yonks ago and hope your bruv gets slaughtered !

ToadKiller Dog

ap_book_burning_070528_ms.jpg

can only reply in buffalo bill style with a picture,good luck with it looking forward to reading it

The Wicker Man

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us..........

Looking forward to it.

The Doctor

Ordered my copy, I better get a signed one...

Well done Andrew, that's quite an achievement, not so much writing the book, but growing up in Saughton Mains and still being a well balanced intelligent young man.

Credit to your parents I think!

Everybody loves Baz

Ordered and looking forward to reading it on Holiday mate,

Best of luck Andy.:)

Can thoroughly recommend this, and I am Looking forward to getting my own personal signed copy!!!!

Tried to half inch the "Birthday 1st Edition" on Saturday night but was spotted as I was leaving!! Doh!!!

Good on you mate!!!!

Chewy

:laugh:

I pre-ordered it on Amazon in January and just looked at the listing to find that they've only gone and reduced the flippin price....

Can they reduce it when it isn't even in print yet? You might want to have a word with them about that BB...

FFS i now know who BB is. Strange place these forums, he is not how i remember him. :P

Well done on the book. ;)

ArmiyaRomanova
:laugh:

I pre-ordered it on Amazon in January and just looked at the listing to find that they've only gone and reduced the flippin price....

Can they reduce it when it isn't even in print yet? You might want to have a word with them about that BB...

If the price is reduced (automatically through volume of presales, I suspect), I think you're charged the price the book is when it ships, not what it was when you ordered it. Either that or they refund you any difference.

WorldChampions1902

I hope it turns out to be a best seller. Order placed and looking forward to an entertaining read! :thumbs_up:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

BB has kindly agreed to send me a signed copy from this special lady:

180px-Donatellaversace.jpg

JennyJambo
FFS i now know who BB is. Strange place these forums, he is not how i remember him. :P

Well done on the book. ;)

Indeed Dazo, indeed!

Who knew BB was that wee 8 year old laddie in Primary 3/4 class???...:eek:

Congrats on the book BB!

*Walks away hoping to god she never did anything when she was 8 or 9 that traumatised him enough to recall it!*

If the price is reduced (automatically through volume of presales, I suspect), I think you're charged the price the book is when it ships, not what it was when you ordered it. Either that or they refund you any difference.

Oh I don't mind that I paid more than they're advertising - not at all. I'm sure it'll be worth every penny ;)

I was thinking more about the perceived value sort of thing. It's not a great idea to reduce something that hasn't even been published yet surely?

Ooh, good going KB'ers...it has already gone from #67 to #43 in the Amazon football books bestseller list....

Buffalo Bill

Guys, thank you for all your good wishes.

I believe that those who pre-ordered shall receive it shortly.

There is a 'launch party' being organised for Friday, August 1st and I'll post details of it for anyone interested.

'Two Miles' is really just a simple book that I enjoyed writing and remembering what it meant to grow up in Edinburgh and fall in love with Hearts.

Cheers!

donatella-versace-plastic-s.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Indeed Dazo, indeed!

Who knew BB was that wee 8 year old laddie in Primary 3/4 class???...:eek:

Congrats on the book BB!

*Walks away hoping to god she never did anything when she was 8 or 9 that traumatised him enough to recall it!*

I was thinking more of high school. :)

maybe we should leave this thread for those who want to congratulate BB. ;)

Toxteth O'Grady

There is a 'launch party' being organised for Friday, August 1st and I'll post details of it for anyone interested.

'Two Miles' is really just a simple book that I enjoyed writing and remembering what it meant to grow up in Edinburgh and fall in love with Hearts.

Cheers!

Buffalo Bill

Hope the sales go well and you get enough for the operation to change the colour of your eyes BB

Green FFS!!

donatellaBIG_669x800.jpg

Charlie-Brown

....then fair to look upon, with not a trace of this day's disfigurement -- and I hear him tell the child my story, with a tender and a faltering voice.

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done..........

ArmiyaRomanova
Oh I don't mind that I paid more than they're advertising - not at all. I'm sure it'll be worth every penny ;)

I was thinking more about the perceived value sort of thing. It's not a great idea to reduce something that hasn't even been published yet surely?

I know what you mean, but since the collapse of the Net Book Agreement, anything goes...

NEILY1874

All the best with the book buffalo bill.

One question before i decide whether or not to purchase it though.

Do you write your name at the bottom of every single page with a full stop below it?

Buffalo Bill
All the best with the book buffalo bill.

One question before i decide whether or not to purchase it though.

Do you write your name at the bottom of every single page with a full stop below it?

Why would I do that? ;)

Everybody loves Baz

Cheers!

Buffalo Bill

Already booked the mother-in-law to babysit on the 1st Aug mate

Lokking forward to it .....even thinking about bringing the wife?

Best of luck with the book sales BB. I will have you signing my copy as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to the Friday 1st August gig...;)

heartgarfunkel

Thanks.

Have just ripped up my 80,000 odd, stencilled, words of 'Living with the Enemy: Growing up a Jambo in a Corporation hoose on the East Side (Down amongst the weeteam)';)

Seriously, all the best and well done for having the balls to write it. Looking forward to having a swatch at it, knock **** out of that ponce Aidan Smith when you're on the Pimms at the Home House private member's club:107years:

Benny Factor
I believe, if you get a mention in the book, the author kindly donates ?1000 to your drinking kitty for the next season.

:D

Caveat - The above may or may not be true, but is probably more likely to be the latter.

?1000?... that will last some of us MINUTES, never mind a season :D

Cheers!

Buffalo Bill

Good stuff with the book. Looking to get a copy, sounds good.

But FFS, stop doing that (referring to the constant pics of... that)

Commander Harris
Good stuff with the book. Looking to get a copy, sounds good.

But FFS, stop doing that (referring to the constant pics of... that)

I've actually set up my browser to block any images where the address contains "donatella" or "versace".

some still sneak through though :sad:

and BB: all the best with the book. Look forward to reading it. :)

yvonnejambo

Looks really good BB, I kind of started doing similar a while ago but gave up. Your book might inspire me to go back and look at mine. Pre order from me on its way, oh and I think a JKB signing session should take priority :)

Archived