Mr Pressley

basher161

Eckauskas
what do you want the guy to do , beg for your forgiveness.

Yes, it would be nice :smile:

If he feels that bad, why shouldn't he?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S.U.S.S.
Yes, it would be nice :smile:

If he feels that bad, why shouldn't he?

It would be a start, there is always seppuku.

That would return his honour.

Jankauskas repeatedly broke club rules on prompt attendance for training,he also used his mobile at training and the Scottish players were expecting a fine for him.He also refused to play a reserve match

Instead Jankauskas was allowed time off to attend a CL game at Stamford bridge

He was invited to attend by Mourinho who he used to play for ,and went with a Hearts Lith official.

This and another incident was the catalyst of the Riccarton press conference.

Going to the Chelsea game couldn't have been one of the catalysts. Didn't it happen until a good while after the press conference.

I take it you are spending time in Robbo's these days? :cool_shades:

It's a fine establishment. I like to go there and sip Cognac whilst debating Chinese philosophy and current events.

Auld Reekin'

If, for the sake of arguement (have I come to the right place? :rolleyes:), Pressley had left Hearts under the circumstances he did, but signed for Der Hun instead of the Ticks, I wonder if all of the same posters who have queued-up to rip him to shreds at every opportunity since would have been quite so rabid in their denunciations of him?

I suppose we'll never know...

:whistling::tumbleweed:

Eckauskas
If, for the sake of arguement (have I come to the right place? :rolleyes:), Pressley had left Hearts under the circumstances he did, but signed for Der Hun instead of the Ticks, I wonder if all of the same posters who have queued-up to rip him to shreds at every opportunity since would have been quite so rabid in their denunciations of him?

You'd probably get the opposite end of the spectrum on here tearing him to shreds.

Auld Reekin'
You'd probably get the opposite end of the spectrum on here tearing him to shreds.

Really? Can't say I've noticed too many "c*lt*c-minded" Hearts' fans over the years, either on here or amongst the support in general, but maybe I've just not been looking under the right stones. Encountered too many for my liking who wouldn't sound or feel out of place at Ibrox, however, more's the pity...

So Spitting Image was right. She really was a man. :cool:

Either that, or our next manager is going to be a woman...

;)

lambojambo

Pressley deserves to be ripped for his antics on the park that day - the colour of his shirt has nothing to do with it!

IMA MAROON
Jankauskas repeatedly broke club rules on prompt attendance for training,he also used his mobile at training and the Scottish players were expecting a fine for him.He also refused to play a reserve match

Instead Jankauskas was allowed time off to attend a CL game at Stamford bridge

He was invited to attend by Mourinho who he used to play for ,and went with a Hearts Lith official.

This and another incident was the catalyst of the Riccarton press conference.

A bit of an over-reaction to hold a press conference because a player is late for his work and uses a mobile phone.

A bit of an over-reaction to hold a press conference because a player is late for his work and uses a mobile phone.

yep because that is what the press conference was about and that was all that was wrong with the club. :rolleyes:

Therapist
he gave me the only answer I wanted to hear.

Funny that. :rolleyes:

he loves Hearts, loves the fans and would give anything to be back under a different regime.

He's a Judas and a reptile. :mad:

IMA MAROON
yep because that is what the press conference was about and that was all that was wrong with the club. :rolleyes:

Janny also went to watch Chelsea instead of playing a reserve game, big deal!

Mr PressLie should have just told the truth.

Only a Game
Pressley deserves to be ripped for his antics on the park that day - the colour of his shirt has nothing to do with it!

I think I'd agree that he does deserve to be ripped for that ONE day. Pressley is nothing if not emotional and I think he let his emotions get the better of him that day.

It was one mistake, which I believe he has acknowleged was hurtful to the fans. I also believe this was not his intention.

Every other day that Pressley was associated with Hearts he did the club proud. There will always be the mob with an agenda on here who will focus on that one day and that one act when the true worth of Pressley during his time at Hearts is massive and utterley indisputable.

lambojambo
Funny that. :rolleyes:

Exactly! I wonder what his response would have been if the guy had been wearing a Celtic top! :rolleyes:

I think I'd agree that he does deserve to be ripped for that ONE day. Pressley is nothing if not emotional and I think he let his emotions get the better of him that day.

It was one mistake, which I believe he has acknowleged was hurtful to the fans. I also believe this was not his intention.

Every other day that Pressley was associated with Hearts he did the club proud. There will always be the mob with an agenda on here who will focus on that one day and that one act when the true worth of Pressley during his time at Hearts is massive and utterley indisputable.

Nail on the head

Spot on

Agreed

End Off

FACT.

etc etc. ;)

Therapist
Pressley is nothing if not emotional and I think he let his emotions get the better of him that day.

This is what puzzles me. If Prhessley is so emotional and loves Hearts, why was he not gutted about that result? :rolleyes:

lambojambo

The bottom line is that Pressley proved himself to be a badge kisser like all the rest!

One minute he's fist pumping to us, next he's fist pumping to Celtic fans!

I looked upon Pressley as a gentleman and a Hearts Legend. Now? NOTHING!

Janny also went to watch Chelsea instead of playing a reserve game, big deal!

Mr PressLie should have just told the truth.

Discipline and respect in a football is a big deal. We are a prime example of how you end up without qualities.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Where has anyone mentioned who he signed for? For god sake who cares which club he signed for, it was his ACTIONS THAT DAY that upset people.

Shock, kickbackers trying to turn everything into a sectarian conspiracy.

And if you havent noticed the celtic minded hearts fans on here you must look at another kb. Every 2nd thread is having a pop at rankgers.

IMA MAROON
Discipline and respect in a football is a big deal. We are a prime example of how you end up without qualities.

The coaches were happy for him to go to watch Chelsea, a Hearts official went to the game with him.

PressLie should have known his place, Ste-Vain saw himself as something special but he soon found out that he was just another player.

Ryan Gosling
The thread starter spelt "Phressley" wrong.

So did you.

It's "Prhessley", because yours is "Fressley".

:laugh:

Auld Reekin'
Where has anyone mentioned who he signed for? For god sake who cares which club he signed for, it was his ACTIONS THAT DAY that upset people.

You're probably right. I can't be ersed going back through the whole thread to see if, or how many times, c*lt*c has been mentioned. I merely put forward a whimsical proposal that the abuse of him from certain quarters may just have been a little more moderate if it had been bill rather than timmy who had got SP's thumbprint on the bottom of a contract. As I say, we'll never know. For the record, I also thought his actions that day were unnecessary and inappropriate, but I certainly do not buy the Romanov propaganda that he was the cause of "the sickness" at Hearts, and fully acknowledge his tremendous contribution as Hearts captain over many previous seasons.

Shock, kickbackers trying to turn everything into a sectarian conspiracy.

And if you havent noticed the celtic minded hearts fans on here you must look at another kb. Every 2nd thread is having a pop at rankgers.

Not the same thing as being "c*lt*c-minded". As I believe has already been discussed, many have no time at all for either lot. (However, using your reasoning, when was the last time you saw a thread on here congratulating c*lt*c on anything...? I am absolutley not suggesting that there ever should be such a thing, but you see pro-r*ng*rs comments and postings here on an almost daily basis. And from the same group of posters too. Funny that, eh...?!?!?)

The bottom line is that Pressley proved himself to be a badge kisser like all the rest!

One minute he's fist pumping to us, next he's fist pumping to Celtic fans!

I looked upon Pressley as a gentleman and a Hearts Legend. Now? NOTHING!

Professional footballer with adrenalin up.

Pressley has done the same sorts of actions at all the clubs I've seen him play for. Nothing wrong with it, well other than playing for Celtic of course.;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
You're probably right. I can't be ersed going back through the whole thread to see if, or how many times, c*lt*c has been mentioned. I merely put forward a whimsical proposal that the abuse of him from certain quarters may just have been a little more moderate if it had been bill rather than timmy who had got SP's thumbprint on the bottom of a contract. As I say, we'll never know. For the record, I also thought his actions that day were unnecessary and inappropriate, but I certainly do not buy the Romanov propaganda that he was the cause of "the sickness" at Hearts, and fully acknowledge his tremendous contribution as Hearts captain over many previous seasons.

Not the same thing as being "c*lt*c-minded". As I believe has already been discussed, many have no time at all for either lot. (However, using your reasoning, when was the last time you saw a thread on here congratulating c*lt*c on anything...? I am absolutley not suggesting that there ever should be such a thing, but you see pro-r*ng*rs comments and postings here on an almost daily basis. And from the same group of posters too. Funny that, eh...?!?!?)

I think Rankgers have done very well with a poor squad, there is a difference between pro and non critical.

Why does everything have to boil down to pro this or that? im a hearts man, and if pushed would prefer Rankgers winning the title to the manky mob, simply because im my time we have had more run ins with timmy (as you put it) The webster case probably was the beginning for me.

Pressley made a big mistake that day, and anyone who was there and witnessed it will know that the shock amongst the fans was palpable at the time. Nobody expected it from him, they might have expected it from Hartley...but look how we got that one wrong. Anyway, he hurt us...that's the bottom line...but once that had diminished it became fairly obvious to me that every other thing Pressley had done pointed at it simply being just that, a mistake. Football is nothing if not over-emotional and when you're faced with the sort of situation that he was, it was so easy for things to go horribly wrong. At the end of the day, he isn't actually Captain Invincible...he's just a man...and he can get things wrong. While he plays for Celtic (or any other Scottish SPL team) I can happily forget that he exists, much as I would do with anyone else...but I do look forward to welcoming him back to Tynecastle one day. In what capacity, I don't know.

In saying that, I also don't believe for one second that he was made to leave the club or that he was half as much of a victim of the 'Romanov Regime' as others would have us believe. He was a wonderful captain for us, he did many many things to make us proud, but at the end of the day...he had his own interests to protect too and I believe that the decision for him to leave was more mutual than people would think. Vlad had his demands, Steven had his own...and the two didn't match so it was a case of saying goodbye and thanks. Not everything has to have a goody and a baddie or some sort of conspiracy - sometimes things are a lot more simple than that.

What is obvious from this thread is that there are some who, unfortunately, love the fact that he did what he did on the pitch that day...because it gives them what they think is a more socially acceptable set of reasons to dislike him. Rubbish. You might not want to admit your bigoted tendencies but we can all see them. Stop treating people as if their heads button up at the back and get over it, nobody wants to hear your snivelling pathetic excuses.

.but I do look forward to welcoming him back to Tynecastle one day. In what capacity, I don't know.

Wouldn't it be droll if Vlad appointed him the new manager?

No - this is not a comment on that rumour, just a bit of irony, but we know Vlad was taken with Pressley.

In saying that, I also don't believe for one second that he was made to leave the club or that he was half as much of a victim of the 'Romanov Regime' as others would have us believe.

I think Mr Pressley may well tell a quite different story of the treatment all Three had from Pedro, and how he tried to intimidate them outside the meetings with the Union rep being present etc.

But all this is water under the bridge, the facts have been posted here often enough and denied and shouted down by the VladSheep.

He was great here, he is still very, very fond of Hearts.

And Pedro has not been allowed to deal much with players since (afaik).

Therapist

If Prhessley's gripe is with Romanov, but he loves the club and its fans, could anyone explain why his embarrassing display was directed at the fans rather than the directors' box? :rolleyes:

coppercrutch
Pressley made a big mistake that day, and anyone who was there and witnessed it will know that the shock amongst the fans was palpable at the time. Nobody expected it from him, they might have expected it from Hartley...but look how we got that one wrong. Anyway, he hurt us...that's the bottom line...but once that had diminished it became fairly obvious to me that every other thing Pressley had done pointed at it simply being just that, a mistake. Football is nothing if not over-emotional and when you're faced with the sort of situation that he was, it was so easy for things to go horribly wrong. At the end of the day, he isn't actually Captain Invincible...he's just a man...and he can get things wrong. While he plays for Celtic (or any other Scottish SPL team) I can happily forget that he exists, much as I would do with anyone else...but I do look forward to welcoming him back to Tynecastle one day. In what capacity, I don't know.

In saying that, I also don't believe for one second that he was made to leave the club or that he was half as much of a victim of the 'Romanov Regime' as others would have us believe. He was a wonderful captain for us, he did many many things to make us proud, but at the end of the day...he had his own interests to protect too and I believe that the decision for him to leave was more mutual than people would think. Vlad had his demands, Steven had his own...and the two didn't match so it was a case of saying goodbye and thanks. Not everything has to have a goody and a baddie or some sort of conspiracy - sometimes things are a lot more simple than that.

What is obvious from this thread is that there are some who, unfortunately, love the fact that he did what he did on the pitch that day...because it gives them what they think is a more socially acceptable set of reasons to dislike him. Rubbish. You might not want to admit your bigoted tendencies but we can all see them. Stop treating people as if their heads button up at the back and get over it, nobody wants to hear your snivelling pathetic excuses.

I thought your post was pretty reasonable and I agreed with most until the last paragraph of guff.

The simple fact is those who you probably think have 'bigoted tendencies' are in fact more than glowing in their respect for Paul Hartley - A confirmed Tim who has always stated his connections to Celtic.:rolleyes:

Your last paragraph is completely wrong. Accusations of bigotry are not very fair considering that ,in this thread at least, those you believe to be 'bigoted' have actually shown the complete opposite.

FACT - The 'bigots' generally have no problem with Paul Hartley. Explain that one...:)

If Prhessley's gripe is with Romanov, but he loves the club and its fans, could anyone explain why his embarrassing display was directed at the fans rather than the directors' box? :rolleyes:

Celebrating the win?

Like he did for us, Scotland, Dundee United, and maybe did for Coventry/Rangers?

Auld Reekin'
I think Rankgers have done very well with a poor squad, there is a difference between pro and non critical.

Why does everything have to boil down to pro this or that? im a hearts man, and if pushed would prefer Rankgers winning the title to the manky mob, simply because im my time we have had more run ins with timmy (as you put it) The webster case probably was the beginning for me.

Fair enough.

Don't get your Webster reference though. The beginning of what?

What I took from the Webster case was that he was one of the most scheming and disloyal Hearts players in recent decades (far worse than Pressley in his actions, and arguably much more deserving of our Heartfelt anger than others like Allan Johnston and Paul Ritchie, who were daft-laddies badly advised) who was aided and abetted every step of way by r*ng*rs themselves.

Therapist
Celebrating the win?

Like he did for us, Scotland, Dundee United, and maybe did for Coventry/Rangers?

No surprise that you are deliberately missing the point. :(

davemclaren

Any fans in particular? :confused:

davemclaren
I thought your post was pretty reasonable and I agreed with most until the last paragraph of guff.

The simple fact is those who you probably think have 'bigoted tendencies' are in fact more than glowing in their respect for Paul Hartley - A confirmed Tim who has always stated his connections to Celtic.:rolleyes:

Your last paragraph is completely wrong. Accusations of bigotry are not very fair considering that ,in this thread at least, those you believe to be 'bigoted' have actually shown the complete opposite.

FACT - The 'bigots' generally have no problem with Paul Hartley. Explain that one...:)

It is a delicious irony though, after all the things some said the season before when he apparently wanted away at Xmas. ;)

Pressley is vermin,[B] and any Hearts supporter who thinks otherwise, is a fool.[/b]

Romanov must have been sitting in all four stands that day, if his actions were directed at him :confused:

His feeble excuse, only cements the fact that the mhan is as thick as mince :mad:

Tell you what,that is rich coming from you,there is only about another two posters on this web site that do things just to wind people up,a kind off cyber space hard nut or so you would like to think.

Any way Steven Pressley=legend

pickybum=nobody,a legend on his own keyboard.

I just wish he had went to Dun Utd as was supposed to be on the cards,wonder how many"real supporters" would have hated him then.

Therapist
Tell you what,that is rich coming from you,there is only about another two posters on this web site that do things just to wind people up,a kind off cyber space hard nut or so you would like to think.

Any way Steven Pressley=legend

pickybum=nobody,a legend on his own keyboard.

Picky Bum is one of the best Hearts supporters I know. He's travelled all over Europe watching Heart of Midlothian FC and is one of the few fans to have an away season ticket for 2007-2008. He has his finger right on the pulse. Fact.

Therapist
I just wish he had went to Dun Utd as was supposed to be on the cards,wonder how many"real supporters" would have hated him then.

I don't hate him for where he went. I despise him for the weasely way he engineered his departure and his reaction on his return.

Prhessley = skhum. :mad:

This whole post makes an awful lot of assumptions CC. You seem to think you know who I'm referring to so please clarify who these 'bigots' are and then I'll happily tell you whether you're right or not.

Ryan Gosling
I don't hate him for where he went. I despise him for the weasely way he engineered his departure and his reaction on his return.

Prhessley = skhum. :mad:

If you hated him for where he went, you'd hate Hartley too, right? But I'm correct in thinking you do not?

No surprise that you are deliberately missing the point. :(

Put it another way, I doubt very much that Pressley feels or felt any ill will towards the Hearts supporters.

Picky Bum is one of the best Hearts supporters I know. He's travelled all over Europe watching Heart of Midlothian FC and is one of the few fans to have an away season ticket for 2007-2008. He has his finger right on the pulse. Fact.[/QUOTE]

Kinda makes sense that you know him,birds of a feather and all that.

Good for him,well done for being one off the best supporters in the land,god sometimes I feel like I'm communicating with royalty on this here web site.

If Pressley is as you describe(judas, Vermin etc) then why has he not had a go at the club in the papers, why does he not stick the put into the club at every opportunity ?

After 9 years at the club he served so well you are judging on 1 or 2 incidents when emotions got the better of him. Why with the character assassination ?

Therapist
If you hated him for where he went, you'd hate Hartley too, right? But I'm correct in thinking you do not?

Correct.

Much as I hate ra sellik for being the vilest most disgusting sporting institution in the world, Paul Hartley never hid his desire to play for them at some point. And the way he moved from Hearts to ra sellik was handled properly by both Hartley and Heart of Midlothian FC.

Paul Hartley moved with my appreciation and best wishes. A model professional.

coppercrutch
This whole post makes an awful lot of assumptions CC. You seem to think you know who I'm referring to so please clarify who these 'bigots' are and then I'll happily tell you whether you're right or not.

Well considering you are the one accusing people of being bigots maybe it should be yourself who clarifies things.....

Or can we just all go around throwing accusations at people as long as we don't specifically target them.....:rolleyes:

I will add another just for fun.

I think 7 people on this thread are nazi's.

How is that. Exactly the same as your own accusations, my accusations ok are they.......;)

coppercrutch
Correct.

Much as I hate ra sellik for being the vilest most disgusting sporting institution in the world, Paul Hartley never hid his desire to play for them at some point. And the way he moved from Hearts to ra sellik was handled properly by both Hartley and Heart of Midlothian FC.

Spot on. End of story. End of. Nail head hit.

:confused:

coppercrutch

I think that is the point most of us are trying to make. Not rocket science.

As your explanation in 2 simple sentences proves.....:)

IMA MAROON
Correct.

It is that simple. Hartley never lied to us, never pretended to be Mr Hearts.

Archived