Mr Pressley

basher161

If Pressley is as you describe(judas, Vermin etc) then why has he not had a go at the club in the papers, why does he not stick the put into the club at every opportunity ?

After 9 years at the club he served so well you are judging on 1 or 2 incidents when emotions got the better of him. Why with the character assassination ?

It's simple,he just won't admit it like loads of others,it's because he went to Celtic and was made their captain.

The big difference between SP and Hartley is Hartley was never really accepted as a Hearts supporter unlike SP who did grow to love this club and it was seen as a slap in the coupon to some because he went over to the dark side,that's the reason.

Not alot to do with the chest thumping thing,don't be fooled it's the same guy's ripping into him now as it was when he first went to Celtic long before the chess thumping.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well considering you are the one accusing people of being bigots maybe it should be yourself who clarifies things.....

Or can we just all go around throwing accusations at people as long as we don't specifically target them.....:rolleyes:

I will add another just for fun.

I think 7 people on this thread are nazi's.

How is that. Exactly the same as your own accusations, my accusations ok are they.......;)

CC, why so touchy? Is that today's crusade? You're defender of those who might be accused of bigotry? Very nice. Knock yourself out.

I didn't make my post personal, but you have. If you want to go outing people then off you go, nobody's stopping you. But I'm not getting dragged into one of your ridiculous arguments where you pointedly ignore key concepts and instead focus on digs at people instead. They're an incredible waste of time and energy.

Go and pick at someone else instead, maybe they'll happily joust with you.

winston churchill
It is that simple. Hartley never lied to us, never pretended to be Mr Hearts.

he also never did the old chest thumping, and running over towards the sellic fans with the clenched fist number.

coppercrutch
CC, why so touchy? Is that today's crusade? You're defender of those who might be accused of bigotry? Very nice. Knock yourself out.

I didn't make my post personal, but you have. If you want to go outing people then off you go, nobody's stopping you. But I'm not getting dragged into one of your ridiculous arguments where you pointedly ignore key concepts and instead focus on digs at people instead. They're an incredible waste of time and energy.

Go and pick at someone else instead, maybe they'll happily joust with you.

OMG :eek:

You are the one who made things personal. You accused posters of being bigots. I would class that as being pretty personal, would you not..

"Focus on digs at people" ? You are the one calling people bigots not me !!

"Pick at someone else instead ?" You are the one picking at people !!!

Holy **** the hypocrisy is incredible.

WalterEgo
I think I'd agree that he does deserve to be ripped for that ONE day. Pressley is nothing if not emotional and I think he let his emotions get the better of him that day.

It was one mistake, which I believe he has acknowleged was hurtful to the fans. I also believe this was not his intention.

Every other day that Pressley was associated with Hearts he did the club proud. There will always be the mob with an agenda on here who will focus on that one day and that one act when the true worth of Pressley during his time at Hearts is massive and utterley indisputable.

Perfect.

OMG :eek:

You are the one who made things personal. You accused posters of being bigots. I would class that as being pretty personal, would you not..

"Focus on digs at people" ? You are the one calling people bigots not me !!

"Pick at someone else instead ?" You are the one picking at people !!!

Holy **** the hypocrisy is incredible.

Before you get too excited, I suggest you go back and read my original post again. What I said is that this thread perpetuates an existing theory that there are fans who have bigoted ideas and will use any excuse to further them. I stand by that. You obviously have issues with the meaning of the word 'personal' too CC, I didn't name names because I don't really need to...it is a general idea and while you conjured up your own set of imaginary victims, I'm sure other people have their own ideas about what and who I'm referring to. Not everything needs to be an attack on someone personally - despite how much effort you're prepared to put in to making it that way.

I said there were bigots on this board and I'm standing by that. I haven't been hypocritical in any way no matter how much you want to think I have. So yes, go and pick at someone else who might fall for your weak attempts at faux-indignance. You're wasting your time here.

Therapist
I said there were bigots on this board and I'm standing by that.

Suggest you name and shame. ;)

Harry Palmer
Correct.

Much as I hate ra sellik for being the vilest most disgusting sporting institution in the world, Paul Hartley never hid his desire to play for them at some point. And the way he moved from Hearts to ra sellik was handled properly by both Hartley and Heart of Midlothian FC.

Paul Hartley moved with my appreciation and best wishes. A model professional.

I have to agree with you (to an extent!!). Who would've thought that Hartley would be the one to move on and still be respected by fans of Heart of Midlothian.

However, I'm afraid I cannot just forget the contribution made to our great club by a fantastic captain who was the image of a leader. He wore his heart not just on his chest but also on is sleeve. Yes, he may have overstepped the mark by celebrating a victory so publicly in front of his former adoring fans, but will people hold that against him when we're celebrating successful teams (which he was part of) in the future?

Charlie-Brown

Is it just my imagination but do we have an 'Elvis' was right / wrong thread once a week now?

Maybe it should be a permanent 'sticky' ? :bored:

Harry Palmer
Correct.

Much as I hate ra sellik for being the vilest most disgusting sporting institution in the world, Paul Hartley never hid his desire to play for them at some point. And the way he moved from Hearts to ra sellik was handled properly by both Hartley and Heart of Midlothian FC.

Paul Hartley moved with my appreciation and best wishes. A model professional.

I have to agree with you (to an extent!). Who would've thought that Hartley would be the one to move and yet still maintain the respect of the HMFC support?.

However, I find it very difficult to be too critical of a former Hearts captain, who was/is the image of a leader, wore his heart on his chest and his sleeve. Yes his ostentatious showing of triumph was hard to take but I'm sure when Heart of Midlothian fans look back on successful teams (which he was part of!) opinions may change in the future.

It is that simple. Hartley never lied to us, never pretended to be Mr Hearts.

What did Pressley lie to us about ? :confused:

Spellczech

I hold no grudge against the guy. He annoyed me that day but I?ve let it rest. Why can?t others?

I think Pressley left at the right time. He was slow and getting slower. It was time for new blood. What is kinda sad is that we?ve gone from a team where Robbie was the clear weak link to a team with several weak links...

coppercrutch
Before you get too excited, I suggest you go back and read my original post again. What I said is that this thread perpetuates an existing theory that there are fans who have bigoted ideas and will use any excuse to further them. I stand by that. You obviously have issues with the meaning of the word 'personal' too CC, I didn't name names because I don't really need to...it is a general idea and while you conjured up your own set of imaginary victims, I'm sure other people have their own ideas about what and who I'm referring to. Not everything needs to be an attack on someone personally - despite how much effort you're prepared to put in to making it that way.

I said there were bigots on this board and I'm standing by that. I haven't been hypocritical in any way no matter how much you want to think I have. So yes, go and pick at someone else who might fall for your weak attempts at faux-indignance. You're wasting your time here.

Then what is the point ?

I think the phrase is 'put up or shut up'.;)

Colonel Kurtz
Then what is the point ?

I think the phrase is 'put up or shut up'.;)

There are no decent bigots on here

What weve got is a bunch of daft wee laddies who go on about "The chaps" from Robbos

Probably dont even know the second verse of The old orange flute.

Bring back real bigots..reform Cabin Hearts

Charlie-Brown
Can't wait till he comes back as our manager / head coach.

With regards as being a club manager shouldn't we decide once he's had some experience to judge him on?

Being a shoe-in like Robbo was because he's popular didn't necessarily do him any favours.

As things are currently Frail has much better credentials to be a Hearts / SPL manager because he has a (not bad) track record to judge him on.

Thus far Elvis has done nothing yet.

Guest S.U.S.S.
What is obvious from this thread is that there are some who, unfortunately, love the fact that he did what he did on the pitch that day...because it gives them what they think is a more socially acceptable set of reasons to dislike him. Rubbish. You might not want to admit your bigoted tendencies but we can all see them. Stop treating people as if their heads button up at the back and get over it, nobody wants to hear your snivelling pathetic excuses.

Im very disappointed Red, i never thought you would join the we know your bigots brigade. Personally if you think someone is a bigot name them, show your proof or as i have said to the others please stop going on about it.

Its easy to post there are x but im not naming them. As i say name and shame or please stop this.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Is it just my imagination but do we have an 'Elvis' was right / wrong thread once a week now?

Maybe it should be a permanent 'sticky' ? :bored:

It should have its own forum;)

coppercrutch
There are no decent bigots on here

What weve got is a bunch of daft wee laddies who go on about "The chaps" from Robbos

Probably dont even know the second verse of The old orange flute.

Bring back real bigots..reform Cabin Hearts

Holy ****. Prepare for the onslaught !!!

:peepwall:

Archived