Mr Pressley

basher161

Spoke up about the problems at our club ?

I only remember him mumbling a few words " am no happy "

I WOKE up whilst watching his chest thumping antics at Tynecastle.

Spot on.

All he said at the press conference was that there were problems but refused to elaborate when that was the perfect platform to do so.

His chest thumping antics followed over the top goal celebrations when he ran the full length of the pitch to congratulate the scorer of sellik's first goal.

Anyone who was truely Hearts minded would have know how much these actions would have hurt the supporters.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davemclaren
Can I add a spot on too !!!

Spot on.

People don't mind the fact Hartley is a dirty Tim.:)

He never denied it and he was pretty decent about leaving the club etc...

Most fans don't have a problem with him. Funny how it was Hartley who showed Pressley how it should have been done. You would have expected it the other way around...:rolleyes:

Could it have been because Hartley got the move he always wanted ( and was happy ) while Pressley didn't ( and wasn't happy )? :whistling:

PresidentRomanov
Would LOVE to see you say that to his face, instead of typing it on a keyboard....

I would love to say it to his face too, and believe me, I would.

Could it have been because Hartley got the move he always wanted ( and was happy ) while Pressley didn't ( and wasn't happy )? :whistling:

390423745_96211710f9.jpg?v=0

_44115221_stevenpressley_pab270.jpg

Aye, looks really unhappy.....

Adrenalin does funny things to people.

I think that Elvis was magnificent for Hearts. I was delighted when he signed for us as he had been United's best player for a couple of seasons. He always struggled against the best players in the league as he couldn't cope with the physicality of the likes of Sutton and Hartson. But he had a real drive about him, and from what I have heard and read he was brilliant with the referees and in the dressing room. He struggled with the back injury and was on the way down as a player before lifting his career again in the Burley season. He took his football ability a long way in the game. And he is a Cup winning captain at Hearts.

He was forced out of the stinking cesspit which was the club at the time he left. Joined another club and with adrenalin pumping celebrated a couple of goals and a victory. I think that his achievements in maroon more than offset that, don't you?

davemclaren

He certainly looks happy at sticking one over on someone... ;)

coppercrutch

I am not sure. Would have to speak to them both to know for sure.

However it is clear only one of them handled it well and with good manners.

Surprisingly that was Hartley - especially seeing as he is a cheeky wee **** !!

Joined another club and with adrenalin pumping celebrated a couple of goals and a victory. I think that his achievements in maroon more than offset that, don't you?

No. I dont.

bigbryanthejambo

To even begin to excuse the chest pumping and claim it was a "gesture to Romanov" is ludicrous.

Everyone knows where Vlad sits when he's at Tynie, and everyone knows in that section of the main stand is where the suits and Liths sit.

Phressley gestured to the Weedgie hoardes. As some sort of initiation...> "I am not a Jambo....I am a Sellick".... little did he know that even Strachan would see past the fact that he looks good with a captains armband and does alot of shouting.

Oh dear Elvis....phased out and now ur setting the cones down for Scotland training and collecting the bibs.

Captain Courageous!

davemclaren
I am not sure. Would have to speak to them both to know for sure.

However it is clear only one of them handled it well and with good manners.

Surprisingly that was Hartley - especially seeing as he is a cheeky wee **** !!

I agree. Only they know.

No. I dont.

I don't mean any disrespect but I have to say I find that view strange.

I don't mean any disrespect but I have to say I find that view strange.

Your perfectly entitled to do so.

But for me, what now first springs to mind when I think of Steven Pressley is the way he conducted himself on his return to Tynecastle.

The fact that that pops in to my head as my first thought regarding the man suggests that this memory is more powerful than that of him lifting the cup as Hearts Captain.

Your perfectly entitled to do so.

But for me, what now first springs to mind when I think of Steven Pressley is the way he conducted himself on his return to Tynecastle.

The fact that that pops in to my head as my first thought regarding the man suggests that this memory is more powerful than that of him lifting the cup as Hearts Captain.

I hope that will fade over time. Anger doesn't do anyone any good - as you can see from this chap:evilno:

Guest S.U.S.S.
Can I add a spot on too !!!

Spot on.

People don't mind the fact Hartley is a dirty Tim.:)

He never denied it and he was pretty decent about leaving the club etc...

Most fans don't have a problem with him. Funny how it was Hartley who showed Pressley how it should have been done. You would have expected it the other way around...:rolleyes:

PH left as a true pro and continues to show the fans that adored him the respect they are due.

Pressley left and pumped his chest, sticking his fingers up to the fans.

Just another excuse for all those that see prody conspiracies everywhere to have a pop.

PH - Done it the right way.

SP - Fingers up to Vlad? was he at the game?

The anger comes from the fact he was a legend (and still is to some)

My anger may subside when he retires, but he is no legend in my eyes, PH continues to be a legend for me.

I don't hate him as much as I say

I watched the 90 goals against Hibs recently and you just can't hate him

I sing the "die die Phressley song" for a while, which is a shocker I know

I am going to stop now - I am sure he knows he was wrong - I like to feel that a man is always better than his worst act

However until he leaves phlegmville he is still Phressley

S.U.S.S absolute Sterling work on your avator

pure quality

Guest S.U.S.S.
S.U.S.S absolute Sterling work on your avator

pure quality

Che Thatcher for Manager, she'd sort out the wage thiefs!

Bleedin right she would

Would be no bludgers not pulling their weight

davemclaren

So Spitting Image was right. She really was a man. :cool:

So Spitting Image was right. She really was a man. :cool:

right guys Mr McLaren is in the house

no mention of decent politicians!

;):)

I agree.

The abuse he got from guys around me, even before the match kicked off, was unbelievable.

They will now use this 'Chest Thumping' to back up their claims he was a Judas figure.

Anyone whow spends more than 30 seconds discussing Hearts with Steven Pressley will know how much the Club means to him.

His desperate measures at trying to get the regime at the Club to understand what they were doing was wrong, were the actions of someone who really cared.

He could have sat back and kept his mouth shut and taken the money.

But he didn't. He put the rest of his playing career on the line by speaking out.

I don't agree with what he did and where he did it but I was clever enough to understand it was not aimed at the Hearts supporters.

This,.................IMO ,.............is more "spot on", or "end of ", than anything else I have read about SP on here.

davemclaren
right guys Mr McLaren is in the house

no mention of decent politicians!

;):)

:kiss2:

Originally Posted by Coco

Joined another club and with adrenalin pumping celebrated a couple of goals and a victory. I think that his achievements in maroon more than offset that, don't you?

No. I dont.

I do !

Guest S.U.S.S.
Elvis is a Hearts legend end of story.

Classic "End of Story" must be right then, nearly as lame as FACT!

Eckauskas
Can you not read properly??

The OP met him face to face & Pressley said it was aimed at the Romanov's, not the fans. .... But hey, it suits some people's agendas on here to still 'believe' it was aimed at us fans.

Personally, I think its clear for all to see that Steven Pressley loves/loved HMFC & the fans, but was just hounded out by the Romanovs for daring to speak up against the 'regime'!!

Mr Pressley, in my eyes, you are welcome back anytime!!

Yes, I can read properly thanks.

Thanks for asking.

Now, to reiterate my point. Pressley's chest pumping incident was not directed towards the directors box. It was directed at the Celtic fans. As if in some 'I'm one of you now' gesture.

If he feels so bad about getting to the people he claimed to love, why does he not apologise publicly? Why does he only do it when asked?

I highly doubt Vlad was bothered by Pressley's antics. But the fans were.

In my eyes, it was unforgivable.

Even in the 3-1 last season, when he scored for Celtic, he ran off in some form of jubilant celebration. Most players, when scoring against a club who had done so much for them have the good grace not to run round like a f*nny. Look at Tevez at the weekend, and he was only at West Ham for a season. Refused to celebrate his goal.

Even Paul Hartley, the self-confessed wind up merchant has had the good grace to not chuck anything back in our faces. Out of the two, who would you have thought to act with more professionalism?

Ok, 'Elvis is a Hearts legend', fact, ultimately, at the end of the day, when all's said and done, set in stone, without a shadow of doubt.

Very well said Kenny.

I take exception with Dazo making out as if some fans will ever be too stubborn to accept his reasons/excuse why he did it. Well, just like we won't accept why Romanov got rid of Burley and Anderton, we won't except the reasons/excuses because they are clearly not good enough.

Pressley has given his reasons to many people about why he done the chest pumping. I think this thread proves that many fans will never except his reasons. In your opinion you think they are not good enough in mine he was more than justified to give it a GIRUY to the people in charge of our club.

I keep hearing how PH done it the right way and he is a true legend etc. Did he do any different from Pressley ? Both sat in during that press conference and both moved to celtic. None of them have done interviews having a go at the club. Only difference i can see is VR wanted Elvis out of the club because of the respect and influence he carried. PH was worth money or he would have been treated the same.

As i said many fans had a go at Elvis long before he done anything. I am completely back him in telling those fans and VR to **** right off.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ok, 'Elvis is a Hearts legend', fact, ultimately, at the end of the day, when all's said and done, set in stone, without a shadow of doubt.

Yes, very good, give your opinion as fact!

Time to close KB ecj has spoken.

Elvis sacrificed himself in an attempt to fix things at the club

Things have only got worse since he left

And our lack of playing leadership is painfully obvious

Romanov and leaders other than himself dont work though. We will have no leaders at the club other than Romanov whilst Romanov is here.

Whilst at Celtic Elvis cannot do or say anything that publicly fixes his relationship with Hearts fans.

Of course he cant. We're huns without bus passes as far as they are concerned. No player of theirs could ever apologise to our fans.

Chad Sexington

Time is a healer and I don't feel the same level of resentment towards Elvis as I did immediately after the fist pumping incident.

It was still a stupid, stupid thing to do and destroyed his reputation in a split second for a lot of people.

lambojambo

Can I remind everyone that Pressley's antics that day were not just limited to a fist pump and chest thump after the game. Aimed at Vlad my er$e - he wasn't even at the game!!!:evilno:

After getting a very good reception from the vast majority of Hearts fans before the game, he did everything possible to wind us up.

1. Choosing to go against convention and kick 'the other way'. Yes a small point but a wind up non the less.

2. First tackle on a Hearts player and Pressley sprints over to the referee with the big 'diving' gestures.

3. Runs 50 yards to celebrate Celtics equaliser in the corner of the stadium surrounded by Hearts fans. Totally over the top celebrations!!

4. Then the fist pumping/chest thumping in front of the unwashed. He made a point of isolating himself on the park so that we could all see it!

5. Heads for the tunnel with more jumping up and down and cuddling of anything in green and white!

Sorry guys - he made me feel sick and I still hold the memory.

From HERO to ZERO in the space of 90 minutes!

PresidentRomanov

Pressley is vermin, and any Hearts supporter who thinks otherwise, is a fool.

Romanov must have been sitting in all four stands that day, if his actions were directed at him :confused:

His feeble excuse, only cements the fact that the mhan is as thick as mince :mad:

Look at Tevez at the weekend, and he was only at West Ham for a season. Refused to celebrate his goal.

The difference is that the West Ham fans still love Tevez for helping them stay up, they were cheering him throughout the game. Pressley was getting it tight from the beginning of the from the fans.

I agree with what Coco said above. Pressley has been a Hearts man for years and he, Gordon and Hartley put their careers on the line to try and give fans some explanation to the s**t that was happening, even if the content of what was said doesn't satisfy some people, you can't argue that it was the end for him at Hearts.

Now i didn't like what he did when celebrating the Goal against us, it was a s**t thing to do and regardless of who he say's it was aimed at, was only going to p!ss people off. We have to remember though it was only one game in which he did a very stupid, probably spur of the moment thing, jesus have we not all done things we wish we hadn't? Said things we totally regret and cannot take back?

As for saying he should come out and publicly apologise, how could he? I mean regardless of whether he wants to be at Celtic or not he's playing for them now - taking the wages so he can't exactly go out and come grovelling for forgivness to us can he? That's if Celtic would let him the first place which I doubt but then the fans would be against bhm, nevermind that probably our fans wouldn't listen anyway. It's not an option.

The above is just my own opinion and it's fair enough to hate him if that's yours but I believe he's done loads for Hearts and one mad incident shouldn't make him totally hated here.

Pressley is vermin, and any Hearts supporter who thinks otherwise, is a fool.

Romanov must have been sitting in all four stands that day, if his actions were directed at him :confused:

His feeble excuse, only cements the fact that the mhan is as thick as mince :mad:

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

I take great pleasure in the fact that what he did annoys you so much. :)

coppercrutch
Elvis sacrificed himself in an attempt to fix things at the club

:bravo:

princess_diana_0.jpg

saint_teresa_1005.jpg

400x400_StevenPressleyNew.jpg

lambojambo
The difference is that the West Ham fans still love Tevez for helping them stay up, they were cheering him throughout the game. Pressley was getting it tight from the beginning of the from the fans.

I agree with what Coco said above. Pressley has been a Hearts man for years and he, Gordon and Hartley put their careers on the line to try and give fans some explanation to the s**t that was happening, even if the content of what was said doesn't satisfy some people, you can't argue that it was the end for him at Hearts.

Now i didn't like what he did when celebrating the Goal against us, it was a s**t thing to do and regardless of who he say's it was aimed at, was only going to p!ss people off. We have to remember though it was only one game in which he did a very stupid, probably spur of the moment thing, jesus have we not all done things we wish we hadn't? Said things we totally regret and cannot take back?

As for saying he should come out and publicly apologise, how could he? I mean regardless of whether he wants to be at Celtic or not he's playing for them now - taking the wages so he can't exactly go out and come grovelling for forgivness to us can he? That's if Celtic would let him the first place which I doubt but then the fans would be against bhm, nevermind that probably our fans wouldn't listen anyway. It's not an option.

The above is just my own opinion and it's fair enough to hate him if that's yours but I believe he's done loads for Hearts and one mad incident shouldn't make him totally hated here.

This getting it tight from the start is totally WRONG!

When he ran out for his warm up he got a very good round of applause from the Hearts fans in the stadium.

When his name was read out over the tannoy it was also greeted with much more applause that one or two very isolated boos.

It was only after he started his wind up antics (see my post #85) that the booing increased to finally the derision heaped on him by home fans at the end of the game!

coppercrutch
This getting it tight from the start is totally WRONG!

When he ran out for his warm up he got a very good round of applause from the Hearts fans in the stadium.

When his name was read out over the tannoy it was also greeted with much more applause that one or two very isolated boos.

It was only after he started his wind up antics (see my post #85) that the booing increased to finally the derision heaped on him by home fans at the end of the game!

How dare you !! See post #89 !!

Pressley is a saint. He even sacrifices himself for others...

Let's just call him Jesus and get it over with..........:rolleyes:

lambojambo
How dare you !! See post #89 !!

Pressley is a saint. He even sacrifices himself for others...

Let's just call him Jesus and get it over with..........:rolleyes:

I can't remember Jesus signing up for the Romans and telling the Disciples to "get it right up ye!"

davemclaren
I can't remember Jesus signing up for the Romans and telling the Disciples to "get it right up ye!"

He might have if they had taken Herod's side. ;)

lambojambo
He might have if they had taken Herod's side. ;)

Herod wasn't in the stadium either! ;)

davemclaren
The thread starter spelt "Phressley" wrong.

I take it you are spending time in Robbo's these days? :cool_shades:

Done nothing to rectify that though, has he?

I can't remember him publicly telling us it was directed at the Romanovs.

what do you want the guy to do , beg for your forgiveness. elvis is a man unlike the lier romanov and his puppets.

PresidentRomanov
what do you want the guy to do , beg for your forgiveness. elvis is a man unlike the lier romanov and his puppets.

A man :arf:

Archived