Mr Pressley

basher161

basher161

I was at my little girls school open day today and had the pleasure of a conversation with our former captain.

I've called him everything under the sun since the chest thumping at tynie wearing a celtic shirt but after asking him straight out today what it was all about he gave me the only answer I wanted to hear. It was directed at the Romanovs, he loves Hearts, loves the fans and would give anything to be back under a different regime.

That was good enough for me. Elvis lives as a legend in my eyes.

ps. He was in goals in a beat the goalie comp and I smashed 5 out of 5 past him ;)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eckauskas

Still shouldn't have done it.

Threw a finger up at the fans.

basher161

He does regret it as he sees why so many people took it the wrong way.

Eckauskas
He does regret it as he sees why so many people took it the wrong way.

Done nothing to rectify that though, has he?

I can't remember him publicly telling us it was directed at the Romanovs.

Some people use that as a reason to hate him for signing for Celtic in the first place.

Hidden agenda's and all that.

basher161
Done nothing to rectify that though, has he?

I can't remember him publicly telling us it was directed at the Romanovs.

Why should he?

I have a lot of time for Pressley but not as much as i used to after that incident. His behaviour lacked class and he let himself down, whether he was directing it at the russian crew or not. There was no need to rub our noses in it.

Eckauskas
Why should he?

Generally if I feel bad about treating someone badly, I apologise.

It's just good manners.

Doctor FinnBarr
I have a lot of time for Pressley but not as much as i used to after that incident. His behaviour lacked class and he let himself down, whether he was directing it at the russian crew or not. There was no need to rub our noses in it.

Yep, it lacked class okay, but just remember that he was the guy that told everyone what was what in the dressing room. We had all suspected, no knew, of Vlads meddling in team matters but Elvis was the only one with the guts to tell us! I for one think its a feckin disgrace the way he gets treated at Tynie now!

Rant over.

:cool:

Stupid thing to do.

But, a cup winning captain.

He took the sheen off his status with that moment, but for what he did and gave for Hearts, Elvis will remain a legend, a status which will ony be accepted by all when he hangs up his boots IMO.

Walter Payton
Some people use that as a reason to hate him for signing for Celtic in the first place.

Hidden agenda's and all that.

Sorry, IMO that's completely wrong (despite what the hobos and others who would have you believe that we're all knuckle dragging bigots might say). I've never heard Paul Hartley receive any abuse since he left Tynecastle in very similar circumstances- it was Pressley's fist pump that hurt the fans, not who he signed for.

Sorry, IMO that's completely wrong (despite what the hobos and others who would have you believe that we're all knuckle dragging bigots might say). I've never heard Paul Hartley receive any abuse since he left Tynecastle in very similar circumstances- it was Pressley's fist pump that hurt the fans, not who he signed for.

Spot on IMO

End off.

Agreed.

etc etc

It's fair to say that the Romanovs wouldn't have had a weep over Pressley's fist pumping and it would've made more sense to do it towards the director's box and not the mhank fans.

It p*ssed off the Hearts support more than the Romanovs and if he wanted to get back at them there were far better things he could've done.

100% agree mate.

spot on.

and Basher you asked why should he make the true reason behind the chest thumping public?

i find it a bit ironic considering you went up and asked him the vety same thing in public...

All he had to do on the Monday following the game was explain his actions and we would not be discussing now...

spot on.

and Basher you asked why should he make the true reason behind the chest thumping public?

i find it a bit ironic considering you went up and asked him the vety same thing in public...

All he had to do on the Monday following the game was explain his actions and we would not be discussing now...

But he has explained and every time a fan as spoken to him he has given the same excuse. However some people still don't and never will believe him. He never insulted me that day as i knew it was not aimed at me.

Many fans turned on Pressley long before any chest pumping nonsense. This will be the same fans who are no so upset over his actions. :rolleyes:

Mr Quagmire
I was at my little girls school open day today and had the pleasure of a conversation with our former captain.

I've called him everything under the sun since the chest thumping at tynie wearing a celtic shirt but after asking him straight out today what it was all about he gave me the only answer I wanted to hear. It was directed at the Romanovs, he loves Hearts, loves the fans and would give anything to be back under a different regime.

That was good enough for me. Elvis lives as a legend in my eyes.

ps. He was in goals in a beat the goalie comp and I smashed 5 out of 5 past him ;)

No excuse for doing that for any team so soon after leaving.

Drylaw Hearts
But he has explained and every time a fan as spoken to him he has given the same excuse. However some people still don't and never will believe him. He never insulted me that day as i knew it was not aimed at me.

Many fans turned on Pressley long before any chest pumping nonsense. This will be the same fans who are no so upset over his actions. :rolleyes:

I agree.

The abuse he got from guys around me, even before the match kicked off, was unbelievable.

They will now use this 'Chest Thumping' to back up their claims he was a Judas figure.

Anyone whow spends more than 30 seconds discussing Hearts with Steven Pressley will know how much the Club means to him.

His desperate measures at trying to get the regime at the Club to understand what they were doing was wrong, were the actions of someone who really cared.

He could have sat back and kept his mouth shut and taken the money.

But he didn't. He put the rest of his playing career on the line by speaking out.

I don't agree with what he did and where he did it but I was clever enough to understand it was not aimed at the Hearts supporters.

I agree.

The abuse he got from guys around me, even before the match kicked off, was unbelievable.

They will now use this 'Chest Thumping' to back up their claims he was a Judas figure.

Anyone whow spends more than 30 seconds discussing Hearts with Steven Pressley will know how much the Club means to him.

His desperate measures at trying to get the regime at the Club to understand what they were doing was wrong, were the actions of someone who really cared.

But he didn't. He put the rest of his playing career on the line by speaking out.

I don't agree with what he did and where he did it but I was clever enough to understand it was not aimed at the Hearts supporters.

spot on dh.

pressley will always be a legend in my eyes(still hate seeing him in the hoops though).

Jocam2325

The one player hat Romanov and co should hve moved heaven and earth to keep at the club. A true gentleman and a player who gave is all for the club. He should have been at Hearts for man years to come.

PresidentRomanov

As you said though, he isn't stupid - though when you hear him speak, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was.

Far better to engineer a pay off and get the money straight away, then go and sign for Celtic.

Sleekit, snidey, excuse of a man :mad:

Colonel Kurtz
As you said though, he isn't stupid - though when you hear him speak, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was.

Far better to engineer a pay off and get the money straight away, then go and sign for Celtic.

Thats Pressley and Robbo youve slagged recently.

Ive spent time with both,and in different ways Elvis and Ceefax are both Hearts men,and it comes across clearly.

In reply to another post ,Elvis did explain his actions to fans the night after the Celtic match,In George Street.

I notice Jankauskas is posibly coming back to play in Robbies testemonial,now theres a man who damaged the club.

IMA MAROON
I notice Jankauskas is posibly coming back to play in Robbies testemonial,now theres a man who damaged the club.

What did Janny do wrong?

Colonel Kurtz

Jankauskas repeatedly broke club rules on prompt attendance for training,he also used his mobile at training and the Scottish players were expecting a fine for him.He also refused to play a reserve match

Instead Jankauskas was allowed time off to attend a CL game at Stamford bridge

He was invited to attend by Mourinho who he used to play for ,and went with a Hearts Lith official.

This and another incident was the catalyst of the Riccarton press conference.

Pressley will always be one of my all time Hearts heroes - held the club together in the recent dark days.

bilstonjambo
What did Janny do wrong?

haha, i cant believe you even have to ask that question.

:evilno:

Drylaw Hearts

He didn't get a pay off.

He would have been better off (financially) sitting back and waiting on his Testimonial.

If he done it to get one bqack at the Romanov's, and it being calculated then he's not very bright.

There is a lot of other things he could have done.

So he's either a judas or not very bright.... or a hybrid of the two... a mongdas.

Old Hearts
Still shouldn't have done it.

Threw a finger up at the fans.

Can you not read properly??

The OP met him face to face & Pressley said it was aimed at the Romanov's, not the fans. .... But hey, it suits some people's agendas on here to still 'believe' it was aimed at us fans.

Personally, I think its clear for all to see that Steven Pressley loves/loved HMFC & the fans, but was just hounded out by the Romanovs for daring to speak up against the 'regime'!!

Mr Pressley, in my eyes, you are welcome back anytime!!

Old Hearts

Would LOVE to see you say that to his face, instead of typing it on a keyboard....

If he done it to get one bqack at the Romanov's, and it being calculated then he's not very bright.

There is a lot of other things he could have done.

So he's either a judas or not very bright.... or a hybrid of the two... a mongdas.

Very well said Kenny.

I take exception with Dazo making out as if some fans will ever be too stubborn to accept his reasons/excuse why he did it. Well, just like we won't accept why Romanov got rid of Burley and Anderton, we won't except the reasons/excuses because they are clearly not good enough.

I do believe he regrets it now and that the only reason he did it was the shock from some fans at being booed at the start but he has to realise that was always going to happen and would happen to any player.

If Pressley really is sorry, then all he has to do is contact a journalist and tell him that. The story will go in the Evening News, Daily Record, The Sun etc and will go a long way to rebuilding some bridges with the fans.

Until he does that I won't truly forgive him for what he did that day.

Steven Pressley. Now THERE'S a player thats done reeeeeeeeeeeeeally well for himself since leaving Hearts eh......

Whether it was anti-romanov or just plain anti-hearts..... makes no difference to me. Anyone who can get that excited while wearing a Celtic strip is no Hearts legend. Whoever it was aimed at - that day was not the right time or place to be airing a GIRUY to anyone.

His attitude stunk that day - and anyone who believes that was the performance of a man who loves us all is a bit too easy fooled for my liking.

Guest juvehearts

whatever anyone's opnion of elvis he is and always be a hearts legend.

and maybe more so when he hangs his boots up.

whoud you accept him back now?

NO because hes finished, BUT he will never play for celtic again.

and he is scotland coach.

Guest JamboRobbo

A lot of sad bitter and twisted posts on this thread. Elvis was and always will be a legend in my eyes.

He spoke up about the problems at our club a long time ago, and some fans STILL haven't woken up to it.

Anti Elvis posters, bore off.

While I wouldn't consider myself anti-Pressley, I don't really care all that much to either boo or cheer him, I feel compelled to stick up for the 'anti-Pressley posters'.

Sorry, why should they bore off? Are they not entitled to an opinion? This isn't a minority, many Hearts fans are still angered by SP's actions that day and they have a right not to be swayed by a poster saying he'd met him and he says he regretted it. If SP is truly sorry he should come out and say so in public, or at least say some good things about the club.

There is a reason why Hartley is much more accepted amongst the Hearts support than Pressley. Why don't you debate that instead of telling people to 'bore off'?

Toxteth O'Grady
Jankauskas repeatedly broke club rules on prompt attendance for training,he also used his mobile at training and the Scottish players were expecting a fine for him.He also refused to play a reserve match

Instead Jankauskas was allowed time off to attend a CL game at Stamford bridge

He was invited to attend by Mourinho who he used to play for ,and went with a Hearts Lith official.

This and another incident was the catalyst of the Riccarton press conference.

What was the other incident Colonel?

Auld Reekin'

Very honest and candid of you, I must say... But anyway, what about Pressley?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The irony of the Pressley situation is that he was the one inexperienced British manager who would have been welcomed into the role prior to the Riccartongate fiasco. Oh well, looks like F®ail will be here for a little longer. :(

Sorry i must have missed the indepth interview he gave explaining his actions:confused:

And just for the record i would welcome him back to tynecastle in some capacity anytime...i just think his action on that day were crass and ill-judged

Steven Pressley,Scottish cup winning captain of Heart of Midlothian,legend,in hall off fame and a true gent or sour ,twisted, neanderthal fans,hmm which one to go along with and which one do I believe?

A lot of sad bitter and twisted posts on this thread. Elvis was and always will be a legend in my eyes.

He spoke up about the problems at our club a long time ago, and some fans STILL haven't woken up to it.

Spoke up about the problems at our club ?

I only remember him mumbling a few words " am no happy "

I WOKE up whilst watching his chest thumping antics at Tynecastle.

I agree.

Exactly.

As time has shown, Elvis was right to come forward and try to do something to save our club - if only we'd listened then instead of so many people turning on him we might not be in the totally shafted state we're now in.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Exactly.

As time has shown, Elvis was right to come forward and try to do something to save our club - if only we'd listened then instead of so many people turning on him we might not be in the totally shafted state we're now in.

Again, what did he say? Where was the call to action? That to me was the whole problem with Riccartongate.

As for action, was booing Miko before he stepped on the park the appropriate action?

coppercrutch

Can I add a spot on too !!!

Spot on.

People don't mind the fact Hartley is a dirty Tim.:)

He never denied it and he was pretty decent about leaving the club etc...

Most fans don't have a problem with him. Funny how it was Hartley who showed Pressley how it should have been done. You would have expected it the other way around...:rolleyes:

As time has shown, Elvis was right to come forward and try to do something to save our club

What exactly was it that he did that was "trying to save our club"????

Archived