** World Snooker ** - Official Thread

Maroon Sailor

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be really really boring to watch unless Michaela Tabb wears a low cut top at some point.

Mind you, it'd be hilarious if Hawkins somehow managed to win. Virgo would be spewing

Maroon Sailor

Baz is going to take a 3-2 lead !!

O'Sullivan will be thinking about his next retirement statement

Maroon Sailor

5-3 O'Sullivan after the 1st session - could run away with it now

The Merse

Decided to look up the incident they were talking about the incident with O'Sullivan and Robidoux.

Robidoux playing on despite being 43 points behind with only pink and black on the table in protest :rofl:

Angry Haggis

Honkins is dogshit. Needs about eight chances a frame

Harsh - I think he is competing in this final...keeping Ronnie honest enough at this stage.

shaun.lawson

Honkins is dogshit. Needs about eight chances a frame

7-7 with Ronnie O'Sullivan in the world final after a 133 clearance.

Yep, total dogshit. :rolleyes:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Lawson's here. EYC ya.

And it was 135.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Which, incidentally, is his highest ever break at the crucible.

:facepalm:

What a loser.

Chaka Demus & pliers

He's been shit since around the time of this post though :lol:

shaun.lawson

He's been shit since around the time of this post though :lol:

Figures. :D

He's just going through a bit of a brown patch, that's all. Only to be expected during Sheffield's 17 day marathon of the mind. He needs a good night's sleep: if he turns in only 9-8 down, that's tremendous. But even 10-7 down wouldn't be the end of the world.

I still hate that they play 9 frames in the second session now though. Always preferred it when players would be two down, four down or level depending on the outcome of the final frame of day 1.

Maroon Sailor

Hawkins should have went for that black - totally messed up the safety shot for O'Sullivan to nick the frame.

8-9 is a lot better than 7-10. If Hawkins wants to win this he is going to have to take those kind of frame winning shots on.

shaun.lawson

Hawkins should have went for that black - totally messed up the safety shot for O'Sullivan to nick the frame.

8-9 is a lot better than 7-10. If Hawkins wants to win this he is going to have to take those kind of frame winning shots on.

Was an enjoyable frame though, and is a decent match. 37 year old Ronnie (who if he wins, will be the oldest World Champion since 45 year old Ray Reardon won his sixth title in 1978) is being so cagey. :ninja:

The thing about snooker's boom years, though, was the standard was generally awful. Mistakes were what generated drama, and made the sport so popular: the 1985 final, the most celebrated snooker match in history, featured no centuries at all, and both Davis and Taylor were missing everything by the end. And even at his best, Davis' forte was generally in feeding off his opponents' mistakes and obvious vulnerabilities: not in being proactive and creating frame and match winning chances from nothing.

It's good to see a decent tactical battle IMO. And in Hawkins' case, he's knocked out Selby and Ding, and is only 10-7 down to one of the greatest players in history in the final of the game's greatest tournament. Not bad. Not bad at all. I think Ronnie'll win 18-11 or 18-12 now - but if it went close tomorrow night... :o

Maroon Sailor

If he went for that black and it rattled in the jaw of the pocket it probably would have ended up safer than the gimme he left for O'Sullivan with that loose safety shot.

I bet Hawkins will be wishing he went for it now.

Harry Palmer

Never doubted Hawkins to make it at least half a contest.

Called it from the start. :)

Hawkins is doing himself proud... However Ronnie is due one of his master sessions. This will finish 17-9

Maroon Sailor

The Hawk is in with the first frame of the day

Now trails 8-10

Maroon Sailor

Hawkins let a 51 point lead slip by missing an easy red.

O'Sullivan mopped up the rest with a sensational clearance.

Now 8-12 - can't see Hawkins recovering from that frame. It was in the bag.

Maroon Sailor

The Hawk responds and brings it back to 9-12 at the mid-session interval

The Merse

12-9 and a couple of the frames could have gone the other way and it could quite conceivably have been Hawkins in the lead.

Hawkins is doing himself proud... However Ronnie is due one of his master sessions. This will finish 17-9

18-9

Maroon Sailor

Horrendous kick on the pink for Hawkins - looks like it will cost him yet another frame from being 40 or more points ahead

Not running for him

What is a 'kick'? A dodgy contact?

Yes but I don't think they know quite what causes it although there are many theories.

Dodgy contact makes the balls "jump" and throws them off line.

I get one every second shot :whistling:

Horrible kick for Hawkins there and looking like going 15-9 down now.

Or maybe not.

Rudi Skacel

I dont buy into all this kick rubbish. The balls bounce all the time all over the place as their super slow motion replays showed.

Mark Allen said it best

"It's talk like this that makes me warm to Allen. More so when he reveals that not every shot a player misses is down to a kick, as some commentators would have us believe.

"It's probably hardly ever a kick!" says Allen, laughing. "I don't know why they say it, I think it's just become a habit. Sometimes we just miss a pot because it was a bad shot."

Maroon Sailor

Well done Hawkins - still hanging in on there.

14-10 down - If he could get within 2 frames then tonight might be interesting

Rudi Skacel

Well done Hawkins - still hanging in on there.

14-10 down - If he could get within 2 frames then tonight might be interesting

Can only be 3 behind at best, this is last frame of the session I believe.

Maroon Sailor

Can only be 3 behind at best, this is last frame of the session I believe.

They are all set up here for Ronnie to take a 15-10 lead

Maroon Sailor

Looks like the writing is on the table for Hawkins.

Needs to win 3 of the first 4 frames tonight to even stand a chance.

shaun.lawson

I still hate that they play 9 frames in the second session now though. Always preferred it when players would be two down, four down or level depending on the outcome of the final frame of day 1.

And I also always preferred it when session 3 ended after 24 frames, not 25. :down:

14-10 up heading into tonight, Ronnie would've had a bit to think about. 15-10 up, he doesn't at all. Game over, and he'll win 18-11 or 18-12.

I P Knightley

And I also always preferred it when session 3 ended after 24 frames, not 25. :down:

14-10 up heading into tonight, Ronnie would've had a bit to think about. 15-10 up, he doesn't at all. Game over, and he'll win 18-11 or 18-12.

What time do they start back?

Archived