Arseholes at football games

Dr. Bapswent

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vast majority of these "outrages" are absolutely cringeworthy...

You think that getting annoyed at having to put up with constant racism and sectarianism is cringeworthy?

Diadora Van Basten

Kind of the same with my grandad, although he can manage to stand with a bit of moaning and groaning :laugh:

He just sits down the front so there's no loads of people infront of him now at hampden

It's not great if you go to a match with kids and they can't see because the people in front of them are standing.

Hot since 86

Being "outraged" by someone standing, smoking or having a flag?

Haha, our support is full of greeting faced twats

Bowmans_Boot

You think that getting annoyed at having to put up with constant racism and sectarianism is cringeworthy?

I dont condone racism or sectarianism at all, no. But I think to post outrage at a group of fans singing a song that we have always sung is cringeworthy, as is complaining that some people actually smoked in the toilets.

I dont condone racism or sectarianism at all, no. But I think to post outrage at a group of fans singing a song that we have always sung is cringeworthy, as is complaining that some people actually smoked in the toilets.

Think folk were smoking in the toilets because the stewards wouldn't let them outside for a fag.

Bowmans_Boot

Think folk were smoking in the toilets because the stewards wouldn't let them outside for a fag.

Indeed. Its not the biggest issue in my life, to be honest.

Gene Parmesan

DID U SAY ANYTHING AT THE GAME THO???

No, but really. Bigoted wee scrotes can GTF.

Tommy Wiseau

'Coloured players'

:lol:

Pulls people up for being racist - calls folk from minority ethnic groups "coloured". :lol:

Couldn't make it up. :lol:

Probably a new line in trolling or something, no doubt :mellow:

Pulls people up for being racist - calls folk from minority ethnic groups "coloured". :lol:

Can just picture it now:

'Hey guys, could you do me a favour and stop shouting racist abuse at our coloured players please. Thanks'

:rofl:

He is getting my vote for troll of the year likes

shaun.lawson

Can just picture it now:

'Hey guys, could you do me a favour and stop shouting racist abuse at our coloured players please. Thanks'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Never mind that: he's a teacher for heavens sake! I'm really, really, really hoping this was just a cyber misstep - and not how he refers to any black pupils. :unsure:

Indeed. Its not the biggest issue in my life, to be honest.

Surprised they don't have a system in place for smokers like we do at Tynecastle.

Tommy Wiseau

Can just picture it now:

Nothing worse than folk who use disparaging racial terminology towards the coloureds, mate. :mellow:

shaun.lawson

If anyone finds the term 'coloured' offensive then I apologise. :thumbsup:

Good - but you should know it's offensive in the first place!

I expect my octagenarian grandmother to come out with that (whereupon I always put her right); hardly a schoolteacher though. :o

If anyone finds the term 'coloured' offensive then I apologise. :thumbsup:

It's hugely offensive in the US. Expect a letter from the NAACP after I alert them to your post.

Good - but you should know it's offensive in the first place!

I expect my octagenarian grandmother to come out with that (whereupon I always put her right); hardly a schoolteacher though. :o

Didn't even realise I'd typed it till I looked back. :vrface:

Been drinking since 9am, that's my only excuse but doesn't make it any less of a faux pas.

Doctor FinnBarr

Surprised they don't have a system in place for smokers like we do at Tynecastle.

They do, I ignored the stewards like I do at Tynie

They do, I ignored the stewards like I do at Tynie

What was the system?

My mate went to go outside for a fag and was told he wasn't allowed.

Werner Herzog

I came off the lower platform at Queen Street to the sound of the Gorgie Boys.

I queued for drinks in the Beechwood to the sound of the Gorgie Boys.

I don't care if it has a "stirring quality", I loathe hearing this variation of a poisonous Rangers song & I wish people would just...stop.

Doctor FinnBarr

You sound like a really cool guy.

I'm outside smoking not lurking in a bog, such a big problem?

What was the system?

My mate went to go outside for a fag and was told he wasn't allowed.

I just walked out and smoked like hundreds more, plod and stewards didn't bother their arses

Fair enough it's a bad choice of words but if anybody is seriously having a go about Budgie typing that, get a grip FFS. Clearly not intended offensively.

Fair enough it's a bad choice of words but if anybody is seriously having a go about Budgie typing that, get a grip FFS. Clearly not intended offensively.

this... coming from a 'coloured' dude

this... coming from a 'coloured' dude

Cheers gents.

100% unintentional

:thumbsup:

Jambos_1874

When there's >25k Jambos at a game there's bound to be a small minority who behave like arseholes. We're just fortunate that it is a minority in our case, unlike the Old Firm where the majority of their supporters are arseholes (and that's putting it politely).

But the OP's right, it usually is groups of young lads chanting sectarian crap when it's totally unneccessary. They should just GTF and go to Ibox if they want to chant that nonsense.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FLAG DEBATES ARE AGAINST THE FORUM RULES.

THANKS

cracking bit of fisticuffs a few rows in front of me in f7. one guy caught caught a couple of 'dull yins'. didn't see what set it off but a bunch men intheir early forties decided to set a shit example for their sons and then all got huckled. arseholes.

people were enjoying the irony, not being vicariously offended.

Gene Parmesan

cracking bit of fisticuffs a few rows in front of me in f7. one guy caught caught a couple of 'dull yins'. didn't see what set it off but a bunch men intheir early forties decided to set a shit example for their sons and then all got huckled. arseholes.

If its the one i saw, it is rather on topic. The punches were thrown after some Neanderthal was pulled up on his repeated racist remarks.

Unfortunately, it was the poor lad who stood up against the bigotry who copped the punches.

people were enjoying the irony, not being vicariously offended.

Cool, I hoped this was the case but a couple posts seemed to be having a go.

Long day mate.

Long horrible day.

Off to bed now cos this place is shit tonight.

If its the one i saw, it is rather on topic. The punches were thrown after some Neanderthal was pulled up on his repeated racist remarks.

Unfortunately, it was the poor lad who stood up against the bigotry who copped the punches.

Sorry to hear that. Hope the lad is ok.

Bowmans_Boot

I came off the lower platform at Queen Street to the sound of the Gorgie Boys.

I queued for drinks in the Beechwood to the sound of the Gorgie Boys.

I don't care if it has a "stirring quality", I loathe hearing this variation of a poisonous Rangers song & I wish people would just...stop.

If, however, it is a popular Hearts song (and it seems to be that way considering how often you were offended by it) then who are you to complain about it being sung?

that's a shame then. but a good example to the "if you didn't pull them up at the time then shut up" crowd.

Also nice to see a family outside the ground where the father who had about 3 teeth holding the hand of his little boy talking to his mate while lighting a fag about Ngoo the black *******.

Honestly was shocking

Also noticed a large number of people openly smoking in the stadium. What's that all about.

Total chavs.

Boy on the platform standing just in front of me at Mount Florida lit up a joint ffs :vrface:

Of all the things to do in public, where there was quite a large police presence :facepalm:

that's a shame then. but a good example to the "if you didn't pull them up at the time then shut up" crowd.

It's a tough one to know what to do tbh. You definitely run the risk of fisticuffs when you speak to these pondlifes but I took the risk today because the variety of abuse was so OTT and the erse was trying to be deliberately offensive.

(Also because I knew they wouldn't start anything with some of the toughies I was sitting with ;) )

It's a tough one to know what to do tbh. You definitely run the risk of fisticuffs when you speak to these pondlifes but I took the risk today because the variety of abuse was so OTT and the erse was trying to be deliberately offensive.

(Also because I knew they wouldn't start anything with some of the toughies I was sitting with ;) )

toughies huh?

reminds me of the bill hicks bit about the hooligans and the LA gangs.

toughies huh?

reminds me of the bill hicks bit about the hooligans and the LA gangs.

:biggrin:

Tongue firmly in cheek. ;)

Rick Grimes

That's a shame. Saw some young lad going tonto after the ruck from the side of F6 and couldn't work out what was going on. Well played to the boy for standing up to such arseholes

If you're not confident confronting someone yourself you can always speak to the stewards. That's what they're there for.

Rick Grimes

If, however, it is a popular Hearts song (and it seems to be that way considering how often you were offended by it) then who are you to complain about it being sung?

Is it a 'popular' song about religion or colour? If so, he's got every right to be upset.

SectionDJambo

Know what you mean. We had a female hurling abuse at one of our players from the first minute. All around thought at first that it was some kind of "in" joke. Turned out she was serious. One of us had enough after a while and told her what he thought of her. Cue how she is a real fan who goes every week and can shout what she likes.

She then got her hubby, who as a sign of his support for our club had already thrown his scarf away, to threaten him on the way out after the game. Just as well he didn't have the balls to carry thru his threats, or we would have had another case of fighting amongst each other.

They had good seats as well, which would suggest they actually do go regularly. God help who they sit next to at Tynecastle. It would be enough for me to change seats, since there is no reasoning with, or escape from the unpleasantness of these morons.

Bowmans_Boot

Is it a 'popular' song about religion or colour? If so, he's got every right to be upset.

You know which song he is talking about - one which has been sung at Tynecastle since I started going in 1980 and long before then. If you are being strictly PC about it then the song itself is not acceptable at all: being up to your knees in anyone's blood isnt ok, no matter whether that group be hibees, celtic, Rangers, Muslim or fenian. Yet the issue is always, always about the fenian word, which has always, always been sung.

On a separate note, I joined in with "oh the hibees are gay" today (despite not being homophobic at all) - that would be pretty offensive to a group of people and is also pretty non-PC, yet no-one complains about that on here.

Doctor FinnBarr

Eh, Armadale, toughies, was it an Armadale Academy school trip?

Archived