Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Fort Kinnaird is an absolute farce. Trying to get to B&Q for a wee tin of paint today and nose to tail queues in and out from the roundabout. Absolute shite.

And the bairns wanted to go next door to B&M to look at the toys and it took about 10 minutes to get out the carpark.

That roundabout next to McDonald's is a death trap.

Whole area needs better traffic management.

Doesn't help for B&Q granted but on occasion I've parked at Asda and walked round to Fort Kinnaird to avoid the traffic there when I know it's going to be chaos.

Even if it takes longer I prefer it as I hate being stuck in traffic 

16 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I've got a driveway but it's tight on a tight road and need to pull forward across the other side of the road and reverse in. 

Every day some **** will see me indicate and maneuver, but still pull right up my hoop meaning I can't get in to the driveway and effectively block the road. Absolute phannies with no spatial awareness or foresight. Almost as bad as bike wankers.

**** them mate. You just go ahead and do what you need to do, and they can get the **** out of the way. As long as someone is clearly indicating what they are doing, I will always give them the time and space they need to do it. The majority of drivers on the road are absolute tits, and unless you stand your ground they will just continue to be tits. 

It's the same with queuing traffic. I always, always leave space and never go across and block junctions. The amount of times that there are 2 lanes where I am in the inside lane leaving space for people to get in and out of the junction, and the twat in the outside lane will pull forward anyway and block the junction does my ****ing head in.  Even though they can see I've left space.  Arseholes. 

I would guess that a solid 75% of drivers on the road have absolutely ****ing no idea about what they are doing, what the Highway Code is, or have even basic spacial awareness or forward planning. 

Other drivers do my ****ing head in. No indicating, no spacial awareness, driving in heavy rain and fog with no lights on, switching lanes like they're playing Mario Kart. 

Had a dick undertake me approaching Deer Park. He then wants to get onto the M8 west, but he is the wrong lane.

Gave me great enjoyment flashing my lights at him and blasting my horn at him.

If you **** up, keep moving in your lane, continue round the roundabout. Don't stop indicating hoping for someone to let you in.

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Had a dick undertake me approaching Deer Park. He then wants to get onto the M8 west, but he is the wrong lane.

Gave me great enjoyment flashing my lights at him and blasting my horn at him.

If you **** up, keep moving in your lane, continue round the roundabout. Don't stop indicating hoping for someone to let you in.

35w Xenon's in the ****'s rear view Tommy, if he makes it to the next layby, he'll be relieved...👹

15 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Fort Kinnaird is an absolute farce. Trying to get to B&Q for a wee tin of paint today and nose to tail queues in and out from the roundabout. Absolute shite.

And the bairns wanted to go next door to B&M to look at the toys and it took about 10 minutes to get out the carpark.

That roundabout next to McDonald's is a death trap.

Whole area needs better traffic management.

In future, go to the branch at Hermiston Gait. I’ve never had any problems with their car park. Also a B&M (Glasgow Road) and McDonalds (Corstorphine) relatively close by for the kids.

Anyone else get frustrated & suspicious by some of the modern online video adverts that crop up when you're watching a Youtube video - usually at the end of them ?   Especially the ones for  medical products or advances  which (allegedly) render everything else you'd buy at a pharmacy "useless" or even harmful.

Recent ones included some new ultra-violet thingy you bit down on for 10 seconds which allegedly cleaned your teeth much better than an electric toothbrush and didn't harm your gums.  Really ? 

Then there was some American medic bloke who spent 10 minutes telling you to prepare for what he was about to "reveal" to  you about some new magic potion for treating  enlarged prostates ....... after he tells you about "John" and how he had to get up 4 times a night for a partial piss until he discovered this new thingy.

Long-running online advert campaign  for a make of backpacks - yes, really.     Same with a new make of  shoe ("the best walking shoe") .... eh, looks like a canvas deck shoe with a thin sole and no support.  

Suspicious click-bait adverts appearing more frequently too - why you should put a plastic bottle on top of your front tyre at night, or blatantly fake headlines beside a pic of a female ex-celeb. 

It seems that media advertising companies are exploiting some loophole which allows them to get away with sh1te like this.

25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Anyone else get frustrated & suspicious by some of the modern online video adverts that crop up when you're watching a Youtube video - usually at the end of them ?   Especially the ones for  medical products or advances  which (allegedly) render everything else you'd buy at a pharmacy "useless" or even harmful.

Recent ones included some new ultra-violet thingy you bit down on for 10 seconds which allegedly cleaned your teeth much better than an electric toothbrush and didn't harm your gums.  Really ? 

Then there was some American medic bloke who spent 10 minutes telling you to prepare for what he was about to "reveal" to  you about some new magic potion for treating  enlarged prostates ....... after he tells you about "John" and how he had to get up 4 times a night for a partial piss until he discovered this new thingy.

Long-running online advert campaign  for a make of backpacks - yes, really.     Same with a new make of  shoe ("the best walking shoe") .... eh, looks like a canvas deck shoe with a thin sole and no support.  

Suspicious click-bait adverts appearing more frequently too - why you should put a plastic bottle on top of your front tyre at night, or blatantly fake headlines beside a pic of a female ex-celeb. 

It seems that media advertising companies are exploiting some loophole which allows them to get away with sh1te like this.

Possibly based on your watch history. All my YouTube adverts are pretty much the same as TV adverts. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

I'm thankful for newpipe and duck duck go, absolutely zero advertising 😁 *smug*

19 hours ago, Tazio said:

Possibly based on your watch history. All my YouTube adverts are pretty much the same as TV adverts. 

Aye,  you're probably  right. My mistake was probably "watching" (i.e. forgetting to  close it down)  an advert at the end of a YouTube music video, so their AI algorithm deduced that I'm a sucker for medical stuff now, even in the short ads in the middle of a music video.  

th?id=OIP.ZK_ENELbDnmFo2bflkK8GQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

18 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I'm thankful for newpipe and duck duck go, absolutely zero advertising 😁 *smug*

Hadn't heard of these 2 apps.  Does Firefox browser do something similar ?   

henrysmithsgloves
10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Aye,  you're probably  right. My mistake was probably "watching" (i.e. forgetting to  close it down)  an advert at the end of a YouTube music video, so their AI algorithm deduced that I'm a sucker for medical stuff now, even in the short ads in the middle of a music video.  

Honestly I haven't a clue. I use the android system on my phone majority of the time . Duck duck go, I use on the windows laptop and I pad as my web browser. Used to use Firefox but found duck easier to use. Newpipe I only use on my android phone, it's fantastic,can also download using it plus listen and don't require screen to be on 

After getting off the bus and walking to Tesco and back which is about 500m I had to barge my way through 3 separate squads of feral little shits. Or quite frankly it could have been the same squad in different places as they are all dressed identically, black hooded jackets with scarfs over their faces. Most of them have come to the area to stand about as there aren’t that many teenagers in Davidson’s Mains. Odd that they don’t go a bit further and pretend they’re hard a couple of bus stops away in Muirhouse or West Pilton. It’s also tricky for some of them acting hard when they’re only about 4’6”! 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Newpipe replaces YouTube, and duck duck go replaces Firefox. I have an adblocker on Firefox, so don't use duck duck go much.

https://newpipe.net/

https://duckduckgo.com/

Just come up on my laptop, rain warning, wow really, been pissing down all morning, brilliant these

forecasts, no wonder you need a degree to do that job😏.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Just come up on my laptop, rain warning, wow really, been pissing down all morning, brilliant these

forecasts, no wonder you need a degree to do that job😏.

I had to go out to go somewhere . Stood at bus stop and was drenched in rain . Got on bus, it was packed and everyone was glum and miserable . Then stood in a puddle and drenched my feet.  Fevk knows why I. Didn’t just get an Uber ? You can’t take it with you. ! And to cap it all a person sitting on this bus had their clarty shoes on the seat opposite them … arghh .  However back home and calm 

IMG_6180.jpeg

20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I had to go out to go somewhere . Stood at bus stop and was drenched in rain . Got on bus, it was packed and everyone was glum and miserable . Then stood in a puddle and drenched my feet.  Fevk knows why I. Didn’t just get an Uber ? You can’t take it with you. ! And to cap it all a person sitting on this bus had their clarty shoes on the seat opposite them … arghh .  However back home and calm 

IMG_6180.jpeg

Made me laugh that, no wonder folk move to spain, joke this weather.

11 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Made me laugh that, no wonder folk move to spain, joke this weather.

I was just thinking the same. This weather really is crap. I would love to move abroad but it just seems such hard task, getting a good job etc overseas.

henrysmithsgloves

Nine hours wait approximately in a&e , despite being brought in by ambulance, seemingly after having a heart attack according to my blood test and cardio graph. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Nine hours wait approximately in a&e , despite being brought in by ambulance, seemingly after having a heart attack according to my blood test and cardio graph. 

That's mental!

Hope your alright, bud. 👍

I will be 50 next year - will I spend the rest of my life worrying about how to afford a 4k funeral and trying to find over-50s life insurance?...Daytime TV indicates that this will be the case.

2 hours ago, Negan said:

I was just thinking the same. This weather really is crap. I would love to move abroad but it just seems such hard task, getting a good job etc overseas.

The effing idiots that voted for Brexit ruined retirement or moving overseas easily for everyone. Did they really think there was £350m a week that could improve the NHS and that everything would be hunky-dory if the idiots running the country got more power?

henrysmithsgloves
49 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

That's mental!

Hope your alright, bud. 👍

Feel fine mate,got a taxi home. Local doctor has took more blood. Awaiting test results tomorrow,if it's bad immediately into hospital bed. The amount of folk coming in coughing and sneezing around a&e,not for me. Junkies using it as a warm place to sleep and shooting up in the toilets. What a state of a place😳

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Feel fine mate,got a taxi home. Local doctor has took more blood. Awaiting test results tomorrow,if it's bad immediately into hospital bed. The amount of folk coming in coughing and sneezing around a&e,not for me. Junkies using it as a warm place to sleep and shooting up in the toilets. What a state of a place😳

That the Royal?

Last time I was in A&E out there was taking a mate in who'd just been stabbed in the belly on the Shandon steps by wee ***** who'd just got off the nightbus and fancied chibbing a random stranger for **** all. First time I'd seen a stomach stab wound, and I was surprised at how much the innards try to pour out. 

henrysmithsgloves
54 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I will be 50 next year - will I spend the rest of my life worrying about how to afford a 4k funeral and trying to find over-50s life insurance?...Daytime TV indicates that this will be the case.

If they don't bury you for love, they'll bury you for stink😆

henrysmithsgloves
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

That the Royal?

Last time I was in A&E out there was taking a mate in who'd just been stabbed in the belly on the Shandon steps by wee ***** who'd just got off the nightbus and fancied chibbing a random stranger for **** all. First time I'd seen a stomach stab wound, and I was surprised at how much the innards try to pour out. 

Believe it or not larbert hospital, ambulance that got me came from monklands😳 my brother when he had his heart attack got taken to the royal. Guess it all depends on beds and staff available 😳 know what you mean about guts,they had mines all out cutting out the cancer,tried keyhole surgery in three different places,then decided on the latter. Lying like a gutted fish for six hours 😆

il Duce McTarkin
28 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Believe it or not larbert hospital, ambulance that got me came from monklands😳 my brother when he had his heart attack got taken to the royal. Guess it all depends on beds and staff available 😳 know what you mean about guts,they had mines all out cutting out the cancer,tried keyhole surgery in three different places,then decided on the latter. Lying like a gutted fish for six hours 😆

You paint such an attractive picture :lol:

45 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

That the Royal?

Jeezo. Recent? 

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Jeezo. Recent? 

Nah, around 15 years ago. Mate left my flat in Wardlaw in the early hours and got shanked walking home. Phoned me and we took him to hospital. Never got the guys.

My Mrs at the time was a nurse and she reckons he was VERY lucky. An inch in one direction or other and he'd probably have been a gonner.

Against doctors recommendation he discharged himself from hospital the following morning and was in the pub to watch the Hearts that afternoon.

Subsequently made a full recovery and frequently spouts pish on here.

Jeffros Furios
5 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Nah, around 15 years ago. Mate left my flat in Wardlaw in the early hours and got shanked walking home. Phoned me and we took him to hospital. Never got the guys.

My Mrs at the time was a nurse and she reckons he was VERY lucky. An inch in one direction or other and he'd probably have been a gonner.

Against doctors recommendation he discharged himself from hospital the following morning and was in the pub to watch the Hearts that afternoon.

:ears:

5 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Horrific. Horrible wee *******s. 

I was going to say I'm glad he made a full recovery but then I read the highlighted part and I don't want to commit to that view anymore. 

9 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Did they not do a very good job sewing him up? (borderline offensive joke so apologies if taken the wrong way!)

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

In February I also had a suspected heart attack and spent 14 hrs in a seat , wasn't that bad as i perved  the nurses for hours .

Then 9 days later I was back in with the same issues ..  fighting fit now :muggy:

il Duce McTarkin
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Did they not do a very good job sewing him up? (borderline offensive joke so apologies if taken the wrong way!)

:D

That's fairly tame, tbf.

henrysmithsgloves
32 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

In February I also had a suspected heart attack and spent 14 hrs in a seat , wasn't that bad as i perved  the nurses for hours .

Then 9 days later I was back in with the same issues ..  fighting fit now :muggy:

Glad to hear mate👍🏻 I hope it was female nurses😳😉

3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

That the Royal?

I remember years ago, it was a nightnout after 1 of the cup finals we were in back in 1996, we were coming out a pub in the west port and we seen a guy running away. We then noticed a guy sitting down in obvious agony. Turned out they guy that done the runner had just stabbed him on the gut. I lifted up his top, the wound was easily a foot long, and his internals were mostly externals. I spent the next 19 or so minutes trying ro hold everything in until the ambulance arrived. The guy was very lucky as there was no internal damage, or it was very minimal. As far as I'm aware, the ******* was never caught.

15 hours ago, Cade said:

Couple of ding-a-lings in my neighbourhood have xmas lights up.

It's November 1st

:jjno:

Clearly didn't move the clocks back correctly and did month rather than hour...

Edited by Spellczech

I know there are some mitigating circumstances such as armed forces personnel who may be stationed away over xmas or oil rig workers likewise working over xmas, so they have it early when the family is still together.....

But even if this is the case in those households, I doubt that the lights will be coming back down until January.

the sub goalie

Negotiating a new deal for TV.  The lowest price they could offer me was nearly double the price to what a new customer would pay.  Their advice was cancel all services, and once all cancelled take out the new customer deal but this would result in me being without broadband for 2-3 weeks. Every person I spoke to thanking me for 20 odd year loyalty as well haha.

Shame as Sky always been decent but will take a look at Virgin now.

On 01/11/2023 at 13:36, Spellczech said:

You've ****ed it mate.

Had you been a few years older, Michael Parkinson could have sent you a free Parker pen.  

Now you've got nothing to look forward to at all  :( 

5 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Arseholes setting off fireworks in the middle of the day.

Tossers 😡

amazed they have any left, a lot last night😧.

Virgin TiVo box is faulty.

Engineer to come today between  8 and 12. If no one is home they will charge me £25.

Call comes in to me to say technician is running late and will be between 12 and one.

Told them I want £25 debited into my account for failing to keep their appointment. Said they wouldn't. 

So gave them both barrels and told the to get an engineer here by 12.

Partner was ashamed at how I spoke to him. I didn't use any bad language.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Engineer to come today between  8 and 12. If no one is home they will charge me £25.

Call comes in to me to say technician is running late and will be between 12 and one.

Told them I want £25 debited into my account for failing to keep their appointment. Said they wouldn't. 

My blast worked.

Engineer arrives at 11.20

henrysmithsgloves
46 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

:bravo: