Michael Ngoo signs for Hearts - (thread title updated)

Paulie Walnut

Ooooohhhhhh I got a NGOOd feelin!!! ;0) hope grabs a debut brace on Saturday ...... Mon the Gorgie Scouser YNWA!

HMFC 1874 - FTH - Gorgie Rules

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sergio Garcia

According to my mate who supports Liverpool and has seen him in reserve and youth team he is decent player and big and powerful being his best qualities.

Hopefully he is the spark we are looking for.

Shame he doesn't have much time to get to know the squad before the semi final. Especially needs to know who he is working with up front for example.

I think he could get us 8 or 9 goals minimum rest of the term. He could help get us out of the bottom half even.

Asked some Liverpool fans about him.

He's tall strong and a good finisher, needs first team action to help him develop. Loan will do him good, he'll score goals.

Generic Username

Nap folk will be calling for him to get punted back to Liverpool/calling him a waste of a transfer if he doesn't hump about 9 goals past ICT the morra.

A Mark DeVries like imapct would be nice... Even a Kyle or Velicka one would do. :)

a mark de vriesy start would be so amazing i may even wet myself!

Liverpool fan here

Just signed up to the forum to give you guys a little idea of what you can expect from Ngoo. I?ve been following Ngoo play since he was in our under18s. That?s about 3-4 seasons I?ve been watching him develop.

What you can expect of him is that he will try his hardest in every game he plays but he?s one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen in our youth teams. Despite being 6ft4 heading a ball is probably the weakest part in his game. He very rarely makes use of his huge frame. He?s known as ?bambi on ice? by a lot of Liverpool fans due to his unorthodox style of play. You would expect him to be a traditional English centre forward due to his height and physical presence but he?s the complete opposite. He?s got very good dribbling skills and close control but like I said you?ll know what I mean by ?bambi on ice? when you see him play (that?s a good thing btw). He reminds me a lot of a younger peter crouch.

When I said he?s one of the most inconsistent players, what I meant was that for example this season, he started like a house on fire and I believe he got something like 5 goals in the first 6 reserves games with a few assists then he went completely off the boil after that. Was the same in the previous seasons. He?ll have 2 very good games then will have about 3 bad ones.

He can also play on the wings as he has done a few times this season to accommodate morgan/yesil and he done a very good job there as well. His link up play could be better but if he can iron out his inconsistency he?s got all the tools to make it as a premiership player. I doubt it?ll be with us (yesil, morgan and Sinclair all rated higher than him and all younger aswell with suarez sturridge and borini in the first team) but he has all the potential to make it in a 12-15th team in the prem.

The fans will have to be really patient with him but give him a few weeks to settle down then I?m sure you will have a very good player on your hands who?ll score quite a few but will miss quite a few as well. He?s missed some absolute sitters for the u21.

I think these loan deals that you guys are getting from us is due to inglethorpe who was Spurs reserve manager last season and he?s organising quite a few more loan deals for other players to go out on loan judging by his interview a few weeks ago

I also seen you guys say you might be getting another player on loan from us. The 3 most likely candidate that I can see are-

Conor Coady (CM/CDM)- Has come on leaps and bounds this season. Very consistent player. Breaks up play really well and has a good long shot on him. Doesn?t really do the hard stuff like 60-70 yards passes but he keeps things ticking with his quick passes and is always available for a pass. Made his Liverpool debut in the Europa league this season. Could do with a loan. He?s 19 atm

Kristian Adorjan (CAM)- Probably been one of our best player in the u21 this season. Fantastic vision and range of passing and takes a pretty good freekick too. Added goals to his game this season which was lacking in previous seasons. 19 year old as well. Not sure if he?ll make it in a physical league though. His style of play would suit the French/dutch league. Wouldn?t surprise me to see him end up there in the future.

Jack Robinson (LB)- At one point our youngest ever player in the first team at the age of 16. 19 now. Injuries have hampered his progression but he?s still rated very highly by the staff. Great pace and fantastic tackles and positioning. Mini baines in the making. Could do with a loan move somewhere but with Enrique injured, wouldn?t be surprised if he stayed.

Any other questions about Ngoo or the other likely loan candidates, feel free to ask :D

maroonlegions

Liverpool fan here

Just signed up to the forum to give you guys a little idea of what you can expect from Ngoo. I?ve been following Ngoo play since he was in our under18s. That?s about 3-4 seasons I?ve been watching him develop.

What you can expect of him is that he will try his hardest in every game he plays but he?s one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen in our youth teams. Despite being 6ft4 heading a ball is probably the weakest part in his game. He very rarely makes use of his huge frame. He?s known as ?bambi on ice? by a lot of Liverpool fans due to his unorthodox style of play. You would expect him to be a traditional English centre forward due to his height and physical presence but he?s the complete opposite. He?s got very good dribbling skills and close control but like I said you?ll know what I mean by ?bambi on ice? when you see him play (that?s a good thing btw). He reminds me a lot of a younger peter crouch.

When I said he?s one of the most inconsistent players, what I meant was that for example this season, he started like a house on fire and I believe he got something like 5 goals in the first 6 reserves games with a few assists then he went completely off the boil after that. Was the same in the previous seasons. He?ll have 2 very good games then will have about 3 bad ones.

He can also play on the wings as he has done a few times this season to accommodate morgan/yesil and he done a very good job there as well. His link up play could be better but if he can iron out his inconsistency he?s got all the tools to make it as a premiership player. I doubt it?ll be with us (yesil, morgan and Sinclair all rated higher than him and all younger aswell with suarez sturridge and borini in the first team) but he has all the potential to make it in a 12-15th team in the prem.

The fans will have to be really patient with him but give him a few weeks to settle down then I?m sure you will have a very good player on your hands who?ll score quite a few but will miss quite a few as well. He?s missed some absolute sitters for the u21.

I think these loan deals that you guys are getting from us is due to inglethorpe who was Spurs reserve manager last season and he?s organising quite a few more loan deals for other players to go out on loan judging by his interview a few weeks ago

I also seen you guys say you might be getting another player on loan from us. The 3 most likely candidate that I can see are-

Conor Coady (CM/CDM)- Has come on leaps and bounds this season. Very consistent player. Breaks up play really well and has a good long shot on him. Doesn?t really do the hard stuff like 60-70 yards passes but he keeps things ticking with his quick passes and is always available for a pass. Made his Liverpool debut in the Europa league this season. Could do with a loan. He?s 19 atm

Kristian Adorjan (CAM)- Probably been one of our best player in the u21 this season. Fantastic vision and range of passing and takes a pretty good freekick too. Added goals to his game this season which was lacking in previous seasons. 19 year old as well. Not sure if he?ll make it in a physical league though. His style of play would suit the French/dutch league. Wouldn?t surprise me to see him end up there in the future.

Jack Robinson (LB)- At one point our youngest ever player in the first team at the age of 16. 19 now. Injuries have hampered his progression but he?s still rated very highly by the staff. Great pace and fantastic tackles and positioning. Mini baines in the making. Could do with a loan move somewhere but with Enrique injured, wouldn?t be surprised if he stayed.

Any other questions about Ngoo or the other likely loan candidates, feel free to ask :D

Cheers for the info, much appreciated, will Ngoo be really up for this game,i mean will he put the work rate in as i feel that part of a players game is just as important as skill and ability.

maroonlegions

NGOO SAID IT HIMSELF BIG TEAM- Speaking exclusively to Hearts News, moments after signing, Michael said: "I'm honoured to be here. I'm delighted and happy to be at such a big team and I'm ready to go."

"big team big signings"

"we team we signings"

Liverpool fan here

Thanks for all the info.

If cant do any worse than the "strikers" we already have.

I am sure he will try his best for Hearts and have some success.

Our fans love anyone who try's.

If he gives 100% we will take to him big time.

Hope it wakens up the so called "strikers" we currently have.

Liverpool fan here

"He?s got very good dribbling skills and close control" :yas:

"He reminds me a lot of a younger peter crouch" :yas:

"He started like a house on fire" :yas:

"He can also play on the wings" :yas:

"He?s got all the tools to make it as a premiership player" :yas:

"The fans will have to be really patient with him"... ah well, forget about it. :what:

Cheers for the info, much appreciated, will Ngoo be really up for this game,i mean will he put the work rate in as i feel that part of a players game is just as important as skill and ability.

I see you guys have a big cup game this week. If you want my honest opinion then I wouldn't start him for that game. He's played very little football over the last month due to the winter break and he will be really short of match fitness. Having him on the bench as on option later on in the game would be ideal.

About his workrate- The lad gives out 110% everytime he's out on the pitch, won't hide if he's having a bad game and will keep looking for the ball. Like I said if he can become consistent you will have a very good strikers on your hand.

Call me grumpy, but this isn't done until SFA accept registration.They'll be trawling the rule book and sanction decision with a fine tooth comb right now, while listening to Michael Johnson and Stephen Thomson bellowing advice down the 'phone...

WHAT THE FECK DOES THOMSON OR JOHNSON HAVE TO DO WITH REGESTERING A PLAYER WITH THE SFA ?

Well done Hearts,looks like another good young guy out to prove himself,lets all hope he does prove to people he's a right good player by banging in a couple tomorrow.

maroonlegions

I see you guys have a big cup game this week. If you want my honest opinion then I wouldn't start him for that game. He's played very little football over the last month due to the winter break and he will be really short of match fitness. Having him on the bench as on option later on in the game would be ideal.

About his workrate- The lad gives out 110% everytime he's out on the pitch, won't hide if he's having a bad game and will keep looking for the ball. Like I said if he can become consistent you will have a very good strikers on your hand.

Cheers sounds promising , now for the game time, that will show us what he is about.

Going by LFC's comments sounds more like a Ricardo Fuller type of player. I think we need to remember ngoo's age and experience and not expect to much to soon as at the end of the day Liverpool have sent him here to gain experience of first team football.

Is there some confusion about his name? I could have sworn people were calling him David before?

We used to have another lad in the reserves called david amoo a few years ago? Maybe getting confused by the 2 of them? We all dreamt of the tongue twister for the commentators of a front 3 of Ngoo, Amoo and Ngog when they were all on our books at one time.

BoJack Horseman

Is there some confusion about his name? I could have sworn people were calling him David before?

Don't worry, after a few games without a goal most of the support will refer to him as #21 anyway.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

We used to have another lad in the reserves called david amoo a few years ago? Maybe getting confused by the 2 of them? We all dreamt of the tongue twister for the commentators of a front 3 of Ngoo, Amoo and Ngog when they were all on our books at one time.

:lol: It's probably me just getting confused.

Gregory House M.D.

TBH it sounds like he'll be completely unsuited to SPL football. Hopefully that's proved wrong though.

Auldreekie1874

Robinson sounds interesting.

If the choice for the left back spot in an SPL team was between Robinson and Danny Wilson, who would you pick LFC FAN?

Cheers

kingantti1874

TBH it sounds like he'll be completely unsuited to SPL football. Hopefully that's proved wrong though.

Based on? After all Peter crouch :cornette: wouldn't have made an impression in our terrible league..

Fuller did not bad either, the spl is far far lower quality than EPL reserves

Based on? After all Peter crouch :cornette: wouldn't have made an impression in our terrible league..

Fuller did not bad either, the spl is far far lower quality than EPL reserves

Got to agree with this, a young lad playing for the Liverpool reserves should have enough about him to 'handle' the SPL.

Liverpool fan here

He?s known as ?bambi on ice? by a lot of Liverpool fans due to his unorthodox style of play.

The fans will have to be really patient with him but give him a few weeks to settle down then

Bambi on ice you say ? Hmmm . . . . handing a lot of ammo to the 'pint half full' brigade on here.

Thanks for the info

Robinson sounds interesting.

If the choice for the left back spot in an SPL team was between Robinson and Danny Wilson, who would you pick LFC FAN?

Cheers

Would choose Robinson every time. Wilson didn't get much of a chance with us and most of his games came at left back and he was absolutely poop there. He's much better at CB. Robinson oozes class. Will definitely be one who'll make it with us in the long term. Came on vs arsenal a few years ago and kept walcott quiet and kept up with walcott stride for stride.

Is wilson getting played at LB for you guys?

Ridiculous decision if that's where he's playing. Got absolutely tormented when he played there.

Lochend Brazil

We are playing in the worst league on the planet. If housesold names like Jon Daly and Michael Higdon can score, then he will get fair few.

I am of the opinion that Daniel Day Lewis in my left foot would look a player in our league.

About the physicality of the league, he'll handle it fine. He likes a good tussle.

Don't know about comparing the SPL to the reserves league. I'd say the SPL is better and obviously playing infront of 10k+ week in week out at home won't be a terrible thing either and he'll be more pumped up than playing infront of 50 people for the reserves

Auldreekie1874

Would choose Robinson every time. Wilson didn't get much of a chance with us and most of his games came at left back and he was absolutely poop there. He's much better at CB. Robinson oozes class. Will definitely be one who'll make it with us in the long term. Came on vs arsenal a few years ago and kept walcott quiet and kept up with walcott stride for stride.

Ridiculous decision if that's where he's playing. Got absolutely tormented when he played there.

Thanks for your answer.

Wilson played CB last week on his debut as one of our regular CB's was suspended. Wont really know where Wilson is going to fit in until after the transfer window closes. If we lose a CB then he fits in there but if we dont then he could fit in at LB I suppose.

Wilson played at centre back last week due to usual centre back being suspended.

Our current left back is a 19 year old in his first season in the first team. Not sure he deserves to be dropped for another 19 year old on loan.

A Mark DeVries like imapct would be nice... Even a Kyle or Velicka one would do. :)

Similar build to Mark De Vries, and has the same movement about him. Alot of defenders will look at him and think they'll have him when the ball's on the deck but he'll surprise them.

Wilson played at centre back last week due to usual centre back being suspended.

Our current left back is a 19 year old in his first season in the first team. Not sure he deserves to be dropped for another 19 year old on loan.

Wilson is 21 and did well at LB when he played there for Rangers iirc...

Wilson is 21 and did well at LB when he played there for Rangers iirc...

Wasn't talking about Wilson, but the other chap that LFC mentioned as a good left back needing first team experience.

Archived