Zaliukas

liam11

One of the things I like about him are the strutting runs out of defence. A marvellous sight!

They are a thing of absolute beauty. One day he's going to make one of those runs and fire a rocket in the top corner

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drewjambobusby

No. No one's saying that we've to be grateful for his 'moments'.

Saying that is substantially different from saying that a less mistake-prone Zal would probably not be with us.

Not quite sure why the 'grateful' line gets trotted out so often.

Okay. Mistakes aside. What level do you think Zal could play at ?

Drewjambobusby

They are a thing of absolute beauty. One day he's going to make one of those runs and fire a rocket in the top corner

Just hope it`s at the right end :whistling:

The People's Chimp

Hopefully that day I'll have a fiver on at 33/1 first scorer.

Drewjambobusby

Mid to lower table Premiership side.

Having watched quite a lot of Championship football, and seen Premiership football on TV, i seriously doubt he would make it into, better than mid table, Championship. Remember, i am not actually intending to knock the guy. I get people worship him ?? I think, just trying to be realistic, and it`s only my opinion.

He is simply not as good, as he thinks, and some on here think.

He would stroll into that sevco team, league 3 perhaps??

I'm actually not sure that he'd be at a significantly higher level than us, I was just making the point regarding the 'grateful for his mistakes' line as I'd seen it said a couple of times.

I really don't watch enough English or European football to be able to gauge what level he'd be able to play at to be honest.

He is well known by other SPL teams as having the propensity to switch off - that second of simply not concentrating/losing focus/switching off, however you want to look at it - and teams play on that. I've heard it direct from (a friend who is) an employee at another SPL club that one of the first things that his team is told in pre match discussions about hearts is Zal's tendency to lose concentration and get caught out. They know that if they press him, or sniff around that area of the pitch, then there's a chance he'll have one of those moments and feck up.

He is, that aside, an excellent CB, and has been a great servant to the club. If he didn't have the propensity to lose concentration, he'd probably be stepping up a level after this contract. As it is, I can't see that happening.

To say he makes those mistakes every week is hyperbole, but he does have the potential to make those mistakes in each game.

Well, these teams must go away disappointed most weeks after our imperious captain gives them another faultless display.

As for your last sentence, it is a nonsense - a "potential" to make mistakes! Lets just stick to facts and let them speak for themselves. Facts that describe a far better defender than a significant number of Posters.

The People's Chimp

Well, these teams must go away disappointed most weeks after our imperious captain gives them another faultless display.

As for your last sentence, it is a nonsense - a "potential" to make mistakes! Lets just stick to facts and let them speak for themselves. Facts that describe a far better defender than a significant number of Posters.

McNulty was disappointed on Tuesday night then? After his chasing of Zal in a position where he is known to make mistakes, led to him making a mistake. rolleyes.gif I'm not really sure what your beef is with my post - it was balanced, and based on an actual fact, i.e. a pre game team talk which focuses on teams or players' weaknesses. Not sure what your last sentence is even supposed to mean? That Zal is a better defender than most posters on here? I think that's a given tbh.

McNulty was disappointed on Tuesday night then? After his chasing of Zal in a position where he is known to make mistakes, led to him making a mistake. rolleyes.gif I'm not really sure what your beef is with my post - it was balanced, and based on an actual fact, i.e. a pre game team talk which focuses on teams or players' weaknesses. Not sure what your last sentence is even supposed to mean? That Zal is a better defender than most posters on here? I think that's a given tbh.

There is a "think" missing from my last sentence.

The point is that, no matter his "potential", he very rarely makes mistakes that result in the loss of a goal and, in any event, we do not have the same forensic analysis of the loss of all the other goals to attribute fault.

I have asked many, many times in the past for a list of his blunders that have cost us goals with particular reference to the "goal a game" he cost is during a multi game run of clean sheets. I am still waiting.

If the opposition focus on this "potential" they are not doing their job very well as there are significant other weaknesses in the team.

That he made a mistake on Tuesday seems to have come as a blessed relief to some posters who have had to choke on his elevation to Cup Winning Hero and Captain.

The People's Chimp

The point is that, no matter his "potential", he very rarely makes mistakes that result in the loss of a goal and, in any event, we do not have the same forensic analysis of the loss of all the other goals to attribute fault.

I have asked many, many times in the past for a list of his blunders that have cost us goals with particular reference to the "goal a game" he cost is during a multi game run of clean sheets. I am still waiting.

If the opposition focus on this "potential" they are not doing their job very well as there are significant other weaknesses in the team.

That he made a mistake on Tuesday seems to have come as a blessed relief to some posters who have had to choke on his elevation to Cup Winning Hero and Captain.

Utterly deluded. Of course there are other weaknesses. They don't sit for an hour and talk about Zaliukas FFS. You're having a pop about agendas, while trying to have a pop at a post which

a) Is an interesting insight into how other teams view "us."

b ) Said he was otherwise an excellent centre half. B)

Perhaps it's you who has an agenda...

Francis Albert

As am I to the question of how (in 2010/11) with a liability in the team who cost us a goal a game we could win an average of two points a game, but when the liability was absent we won an average of one point a game.

This sort of thing counts as nothing against the "he's a bombscare who costs us a goal a game" reasoning.

i think Zal's mistakes and howlers seem to be more noticeacble arther than the normal errors or mistakes that players make.

e.g. bad positioning or marking (although he does a few of them as well).

but overall i think there are more pluses than minuses over his contribution to Hearts in the 6 years he's been here. :whistling:

Francis Albert

i think Zal's mistakes and howlers seem to be more noticeacble arther than the normal errors or mistakes that players make.

e.g. bad positioning or marking (although he does a few of them as well).

but overall i think there are more pluses than minuses over his contribution to Hearts in the 6 years he's been here. :whistling:

Certainly more noticed!

Drewjambobusby

Certainly more noticed!

I agree that they are more noticed, I also think they are more noticed , Not for the nonsensical argument of Nationality, just that he has done it more than a few times before, and people are half expecting it. It is a shame, because otherwise he does a good job, and as i said he has improved in the Webster partnership. But i stick by what i said he has a long way to go and i don`t rate him the same as others.

Let me put it this way. If Webster left, the impact would be far more severe than if Zal left IMO.

Francis Albert

I agree that they are more noticed, I also think they are more noticed , Not for the nonsensical argument of Nationality, just that he has done it more than a few times before, and people are half expecting it. It is a shame, because otherwise he does a good job, and as i said he has improved in the Webster partnership. But i stick by what i said he has a long way to go and i don`t rate him the same as others.

Let me put it this way. If Webster left, the impact would be far more severe than if Zal left IMO.

That's fair comment. Just as Black and (with less justification) Suso and for that matter Zal were always viewed as a red card waiting to happen. I think which of Zal and Webby's loss we would suffer from more is debatable - i would only really only argue with the "far" in "far more severe". The good news is that we have cover in their positions and the loss of either would not be a disaster.

I agree with this. On his day Zal is a good player and for the big games he usually does well... for the smaller games he tends to lose focus and do something really stupid that costs us a goal. His blunder against Livi says it all. I expect Zal wont be at the club come the end of the season as the cost cutting continues. Would prefer to keep McGowan over him if that was an option.

Webby is by far the best player in our team and is probably the only player who would do well in the EPL.

BRAVEHEART1874

Zal has improved but no legend and if he doesn't accept a wage cut then like others will be ofski at the end of the season or frozen out before then wether we like it or not - if he was so fantastic someone will come in and offer a huge wad for him in the millions no?

The Great Khali

Zal has improved but no legend and if he doesn't accept a wage cut then like others will be ofski at the end of the season or frozen out before then wether we like it or not - if he was so fantastic someone will come in and offer a huge wad for him in the millions no?

Sorry the cup winning captain is no legend?

:vrface: jog on please.

Utterly ridiculous post.

winston churchill

Quick question,who is The Heart of Midlothian record holder,for.

Own Goals.

Red Cards.

Sending off's.

Ps.

Did i read a post from one of our internet fans claiming,it's because he's black,i mean a liffy :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like they did with Rudi?

Own Goals.

Red Cards.

Sending off's.

Ps.

Did i read a post from one of our internet fans claiming,it's because he's black,i mean a liffy :lol::lol::lol::lol:

In my humble but accurate opinion red cards and sending offs are the same thing.

Perhaps you could detail for us those that were justified and, as a starter for ten (as you appear to need it) I will give you the Brines sending off at Pittodrie.

winston churchill

In my humble but accurate opinion red cards and sending offs are the same thing.

Perhaps you could detail for us those that were justified and, as a starter for ten (as you appear to need it) I will give you the Brines sending off at Pittodrie.

Swap sending off's for penalties.

Own Goals.

Red Cards.

Sending off's.

Ps.

I bet Zal is not the answer to any of the questions.

Francis Albert

I agree with this. On his day Zal is a good player and for the big games he usually does well... for the smaller games he tends to lose focus and do something really stupid that costs us a goal. His blunder against Livi says it all. I expect Zal wont be at the club come the end of the season as the cost cutting continues. Would prefer to keep McGowan over him if that was an option.

Webby is by far the best player in our team and is probably the only player who would do well in the EPL.

It doesn't really. I think we need a few more examples of blunders that have cost us goals in smaller games. Since it happens so often a dozen examples from last season and this should be easy enough.

It doesn't really. I think we need a few more examples of blunders that have cost us goals in smaller games. Since it happens so often a dozen examples from last season and this should be easy enough.

Come on Francis. You are being unreasonable. Expecting someone to back up their claims. Someone said it on here. That should be enough , surely.

Own Goals.

Red Cards.

Sending off's.

Ps.

You're wasting your time Winston.

Our internet fans will never allow any criticism of The Liability. Especially as The Liability is an untouchable Liff.

Francis Albert

You're wasting your time Winston.

Our internet fans will never allow any criticism of The Liability. Especially as The Liability is an untouchable Liff.

I think all our fans will accept criticism of Zal. No-one is saying he is beyond criticism. Something a bit more reasoned than "he's a bombscare who costs us a goal a game" would be more convincing though. His more vehement critics seem to have an aversion to facts and examples for some reason. I can't imagine why.

From my point of view, Zaliukas has developed from being a pretty poor player into rather a good defender during his time at Hearts. All credit to the coaching staff and the lad himself. The problem he will always have is that his blunders - which he has cut down on in recent seasons - tend to be of a slapstick nature. Really spectacular, what-happened-next type errors in some instances. People are always going to comment on stuff like that.

yabadabadoo1874again

Zal > Hansen.

Zal is perfectly adept at "keeping them out at the other end" thank you very much.

Zal is perfectly able to "defend first and foremost" aswell thank you very much.

Totally.

Has our heroic Cup-Winning Captain played his 200th game for us yet?

200 games, 200 goals given away - I really must get to bed earlier because I can recal only a tiny fraction of that number.

Snake Plissken

It's like this:

If you're a Hearts fan and you don't like Marius Zaliukas, you are an arsehole.

Quite how the man who captained Hearts to a crushing win over Hibs (and played an absolutely vital role in the run that brought us there), has played nearly 200 league games and has had far, far more good games than bad can be anything less than ******* worshipped on here should be beyond comprehension. Sadly, it isn't.

Fozzyonthefence

Saw him up Castle Street at lunchtime today (I mean Friday) with a very tidy bird / wife - must be great having a part time job that pays so well (footballers in general I mean). Still think he's a very average footballer though - I guess that's why he's still at Hearts after all these years. If he didn't have the regular gaffs he would be a good player and wouldn't playing in the SPL but he does and he does.

As for the legend winning cup final captain stuff - is this from the same folk that slag Pressley? I could have have been captain against Hibs and we would have still pissed that game. Can't take any of the medals away from the guys that played that day though.

Has any other cup winning captain and legend come in for the same shite abuse whilst still playing for Heart of Midlothian FC?

Fozzyonthefence

Has any other cup winning captain and legend come in for the same shite abuse whilst still playing for Heart of Midlothian FC?

Not while still playing for them but I can think of one who got more abuse after leaving (and who was a far better player). Makes you wonder what kind of abuse Zal will get when he leaves at the end of this season.

Not while still playing for them but I can think of one who got more abuse after leaving (and who was a far better player). Makes you wonder what kind of abuse Zal will get when he leaves at the end of this season.

Really... :mellow:

Probably the same abuse as the guy that captained the 1896 team received.

Fozzyonthefence

Really... :mellow:

Probably the same abuse as the guy that captained the 1896 team received.

Two centuries later, not much changes.

Drewjambobusby

Zaliukas=Legend

Zal haters=Morons

Another Pearl ????

Some don`t agree, that he is as good, as some on here think. You obviously rate him highly. Not saying we are right or you are, and i don`t see much hating, just a disagreement on talent ?

But if people don`t agree with your opinion of Zal, they are a Moron ???

Did Brendan Rogers agree with Kenny Dalglish, over Andy Carroll ? No. So Kenny Dalglish is a moron. A person who will have forgotten more about football, than you will ever know.

FFS Get a grip.Peoples opinions in football differ.

The only Moron is someone who could make a bland statement like that.

In my lifetime.......

Craig Levein

Dave macpherson

Paul ritchie

Alan mclaren

Steven pressley

Andy Webster

Marius zaliukas

In that order, simples.

Ps Jim weir just missed out.......

Another Pearl ????

Some don`t agree, that he is as good, as some on here think. You obviously rate him highly. Not saying we are right or you are, and i don`t see much hating, just a disagreement on talent ?

But if people don`t agree with your opinion of Zal, they are a Moron ???

Did Brendan Rogers agree with Kenny Dalglish, over Andy Carroll ? No. So Kenny Dalglish is a moron. A person who will have forgotten more about football, than you will ever know.

FFS Get a grip.Peoples opinions in football differ.

The only Moron is someone who could make a bland statement like that.

I said Zal haters=morons

Do you disagree that people who hate our Scottish Cup Winning captain who led us to our greatest ever result are morons???

In my lifetime.......

Craig Levein

Dave macpherson

Paul ritchie

Alan mclaren

Steven pressley

Andy Webster

Marius zaliukas

In that order, simples.

I completely agree with this.

The Liability's JKB internet fan club will be seething though.

Drewjambobusby

I said Zal haters=morons

Do you disagree that people who hate our Scottish Cup Winning captain who led us to our greatest ever result are morons???

I would say that anyone who Hates anyone without 1st- Knowing them and 2- Having just cause (and opinion on his ability at football, is not just cause) Is A Moron yes.

But i don`t see a lot of Hate being directed at him ???? Merely a divide in opinion, on how good he is ??? I for one think he is being overrated.

He is a cup winning legend, but only in the collective sense !!!

winston churchill

In my lifetime.......

Craig Levein

Dave macpherson

Paul ritchie

Alan mclaren

Steven pressley

Andy Webster

Marius zaliukas

In that order, simples.

Lee Wallace was a better stand in centre back than Bombscare.

Archived