Zaliukas

liam11

Let's be clear. Zal had a sodding nightmare tonight. He almost gave away two goals in the first two minutes through slack passing. Then he gifted them their goal. Of course he made up for it with a brace but he is there to defend for pity's sake. It's not as if Livingston put us under massive pressure !

I am a Zal lover and will defend him always but tonight he had a shocker

Whilst we are attempting to be clear, let's clarify that he didn't have a "sodding nightmare" but he did make a couple of poor passes, one cost a goal.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think the love in with this guy shows how far our standards have fallen in recent years. He is an average player, playing in a very average Hearts team in a poor SPL. Hearts fans have enjoyed seeing some very good central defenders over the years but he is nowhere near the class of some of the others to have graced the jersey. For me, he will be marked by his catalogue of basic/schoolboy mistakes which is the standout feature of his game and if he is as good as most on here proclaim, why has nobody came in for him yet after all these sterling performances?? Can anyone explain that one?

A shocker from Zal last night minus the two goals. Didn't really appreciate the 'ssshhh' to Section G after gifting Livi a goal either.

I was always one of Zal's knockers, but give him his due, he's got a pair :rolleyes: I'll give him that :D

He needs tae get more lessons fae Webby though if he wants to "stroll" :)

Who would want to stroll when you can strut like Zal? :jjyay:

Snake Plissken

Yeah, I just can't understand why people like the man who captained us to our greatest ever result and played a vital role in getting us to that final.

Total mystery to this cat.

alwaysthereinspirit

I really think the love in with this guy shows how far our standards have fallen in recent years. He is an average player, playing in a very average Hearts team in a poor SPL. Hearts fans have enjoyed seeing some very good central defenders over the years but he is nowhere near the class of some of the others to have graced the jersey. For me, he will be marked by his catalogue of basic/schoolboy mistakes which is the standout feature of his game and if he is as good as most on here proclaim, why has nobody came in for him yet after all these sterling performances?? Can anyone explain that one?

Not really fair to put him up against only the good players that have played his position from the past. He's better than 90% of the dross that have played there over the past 40 years.So not even close to average in the Hearts sense. I'm assuming of course you meant Richie,Weir, Levein and Webster.

Not really fair to put him up against only the good players that have played his position from the past. He's better than 90% of the dross that have played there over the past 40 years.So not even close to average in the Hearts sense. I'm assuming of course you meant Richie,Weir, Levein and Webster.

Pressley and McLaren were the others that i was thinking of. Its all relative however. We arent blessed with too many good players these days and he is one of the more effective players for us but he is not a top player by any stretch of the imagination.

winston churchill

You've been reading my post over the last few years,i see.

So far this season he has,sold the jumpers against Liverpool,Dundee,and the mighty Livi :lol:

I've asked his fan club,many,many times-and still not had an answer.What standard of football will this donkey be playing after us ;)

Oh,loving the,if he could cut out his usual boo-boos,he'd be playing in the EPL :lol::lol:

Whilst we are attempting to be clear, let's clarify that he didn't have a "sodding nightmare" but he did make a couple of poor passes, one cost a goal.

I guess it all depends what you expect of a defender. If we were playing Celtic at Parkhead and they were coming at us in waves, for a defender to make a few mistakes would be expected.

But this was Livingston at home where their striking formation allowed us to play 3 at the back. There was hardly any great pressure on our backs at any time during the game.

In those circumstances, for Zal to pass the ball to the oppo in (or near) the penalty box TWICE in the first two minutes as well as give away the Livi goal smacks of nightmares to me. If he hadn't retrieved the situation from these two badly defended set pieces and Hearts had gone out on penalties, I don't think the tone of this thread would quite so sanguine

As much as I am a Zal fan, he did, indeed, have a 'sodding nightmare'

th_fa42e94218785793e3f1d613159bf75e.jpg

BBC reporter interviewing Zal after the final asks him if there will be a party and in a Scottish accent he replied "aw aye and tomorrow"

:wub:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Some middle aged jobbies were giving him it absolutely tight when he made the mistake.

Clamped after he scored two goals. Sore one for the boo boys that rip a Scottish cup winning captain and one of our longest serving players. He's still a got a mistake in him but he's largely got these out of his game and has played consistently well for a long time.

Drewjambobusby

Zaluikas is an above average player, in an excellent partnership, which thank god we have. Some on here would have you think he was Franz Beckenbauer !!!!

Webster is a far more composed, and complete, centre who whilst not prone to the odd error, commits nowhere near the amount Zal is responsible for.

And lets get real. If he was to move down south, the pace of the game would crucify him, and we would see far more erors than he commits up here.

He has found his level, we should be thankful he bonds well with webster, but we should not fear anyone knocking on the door come January.

I guess it all depends what you expect of a defender. If we were playing Celtic at Parkhead and they were coming at us in waves, for a defender to make a few mistakes would be expected.

But this was Livingston at home where their striking formation allowed us to play 3 at the back. There was hardly any great pressure on our backs at any time during the game.

In those circumstances, for Zal to pass the ball to the oppo in (or near) the penalty box TWICE in the first two minutes as well as give away the Livi goal smacks of nightmares to me. If he hadn't retrieved the situation from these two badly defended set pieces and Hearts had gone out on penalties, I don't think the tone of this thread would quite so sanguine

As much as I am a Zal fan, he did, indeed, have a 'sodding nightmare'

So, for you, two poor passes equals a "sodding nightmare"? Crikey.

Guest C00l K1d

Zaluikas is an above average player, in an excellent partnership, which thank god we have. Some on here would have you think he was Franz Beckenbauer !!!!

Webster is a far more composed, and complete, centre who whilst not prone to the odd error, commits nowhere near the amount Zal is responsible for.

And lets get real. If he was to move down south, the pace of the game would crucify him, and we would see far more erors than he commits up here.

He has found his level, we should be thankful he bonds well with webster, but we should not fear anyone knocking on the door come January.

_49906688_zaliukas.jpg

jambos are go!

I might be Zals biggest fan but he must show more discipline. Apart from the goal there was an occasion in the first half when two attackers were bearing down on him he got away with a neat little trick that was nonetheless reckless.

Gives away a goal.

Makes up for it by scoring two more.

He honestly can't win, can he?

He would have been better on the night if he had scored the 2 andhadn't given away the goal it has to be said. However, he did come back well from his brainfart.

He would have been better on the night if he had scored the 2 andhadn't given away the goal it has to be said. However, he did come back well from his brainfart.

Of course it would have been better, but he more than atoned for it in the end.

That should be the end of the matter.

im a fan of zal he's a good spl player, if he didnt have his occasional howler he wouldn't be playing in the spl.

So we should be grateful for his howlers? :unsure:

Broxburn_Jambo

Gives away a goal.

Makes up for it by scoring two more.

He honestly can't win, can he?

I like Zal but he did exactly the same in the league cup last year against Ayr, does he just not like this competition?

Guarenteed all the fat, moaning, racist strokers on here that detest Zal have all made a few mistakes at their place of work.

Bet they don't have a nice, shiney Scottish Cup winners medal at home like Zal tho :verysmug:

Im just glad we have such a sturdy stick to keep batting away all these bigger clubs that keep banging on our door, trying to steal our captain away from us. ;-)

Guarenteed all the fat, moaning, racist strokers on here that detest Zal have all made a few mistakes at their place of work.

Bet they don't have a nice, shiney Scottish Cup winners medal at home like Zal tho :verysmug:

You're absolutely right, they probably got sacked. :)

Not sure where the racism bit comes from though. Howlers are race independent. :cool_shades:

Not sure where the racism bit comes from though. Howlers are race independent. :cool_shades:

Or certainly used against them at their annual appraisal? ;-))

But, surprisingly enough, xenophobia isn't. :geek:

You could reasonably argue he is superior, but suggesting "far superior" suggests it's you who needs to calm down. Webster makes mistakes and is at fault at goals but never gets the "bombscare" or "Webby moment" treatment.

Have said this time and time again but some people (fans) fail to see Webbys errors and are looking at Zal through a magnifying glass praying he slips up.

Love them both though. Zal is a hero.

Have said this time and time again but some people (fans) fail to see Webbys errors and are looking at Zal through a magnifying glass praying he slips up.

I believe Big Zed is an asset to Hearts and also that Webster is an asset too! Happy to have both! Wouldn't want to break up the partnership. We have no other player in the current squad of comparable ability. Interesting to note which one has to play on the "wrong" side though, don't think the other one would manage quite as well. Purely on the distribution side of the game.

I bet there were some in our support who were spewing inside when they saw the bold Marius go up to collect the Cup on the 19th of May. After all, how could a BOAMBSKAYR captain us to such an emphatic win in the biggest game in our lifetimes?

I certainly wasn't though.

:jjyay:

Drewjambobusby

I bet there were some in our support who were spewing inside when they saw the bold Marius go up to collect the Cup on the 19th of May. After all, how could a BOAMBSKAYR captain us to such an emphatic win in the biggest game in our lifetimes?

Don`t get that ? Why would our support be spewing ?

Just because we don`t think the player is as good as the legendary status being banded about, doesn`t mean we don`t think he is doing a job ? In the cold light of day, the player is decent, but will always be plagued by schoolboy errors.If he stepped up a level he would be found out. His errors at a higher level, would be more frequent. Still happy to have both him and Webster in defence, just think some fans are realistic about his ability.

Oh there are still a few on here Dave who play "that" card when it comes to defending oor Zal and his misdemeanors :whistling:

Oh there are still a few on here Dave who play "that" card when it comes to defending oor Zal and his misdemeanors :whistling:

Not that I've ever played "that" card myself and agree with Dave that it's not racist, however I do believe there's a level of xenophobia involved with the constant criticism of Zal from some sections of our support including on here.

My view of him is he's a top class defender at this level who is prone to the odd mistake and appears to have worked hard to try and cut out his lapses of concentration. Right now I'd put him just ahead of Webster purely for the reason his distribution is better in every other way I'd put them on a par.

Don`t get that ? Why would our support be spewing ?

Just because we don`t think the player is as good as the legendary status being banded about, doesn`t mean we don`t think he is doing a job ? In the cold light of day, the player is decent, but will always be plagued by schoolboy errors.If he stepped up a level he would be found out. His errors at a higher level, would be more frequent. Still happy to have both him and Webster in defence, just think some fans are realistic about his ability.

Cause some hearts fans are fannys that hate lithuania/vlad/zal/miko more than they support hearts......sad but true!!

Ffs, I've seen it all now.

What does a player have to do to become a club legend these days? Put in string after string of solid performances and captain the side to its greatest ever cup win?

Nah, that's still no good enough.

:cornette:

Jesus wept.

Racists.

What does a player have to do to become a club legend these days? Put in string after string of solid performances and captain the side to its greatest ever cup win?

Jesus wept.

Racists.

Agree it's incredible. Have seen Alan Anderson touted as a club legend on JKB but Beckenbauer he certainly wasn't.

Francis Albert

One poster (won't be hard to guess who) even accused Zal of "selling the jerseys" against Liverpool! God help Zal if he'd done anyrthing like scoring the own goal that cost us the tie. (Not blaming Webby by the way).

alwaysthereinspirit

One poster (won't be hard to guess who) even accused Zal of "selling the jerseys" against Liverpool! God help Zal if he'd done anyrthing like scoring the own goal that cost us the tie. (Not blaming Webby by the way).

Probably something along the lines of "if Zal hadn't been out off position then Webby wouldn't have needed to be there"

Some people on here wouldn't know a footballer if their life depended on it.

The People's Chimp

If it was Bombscare Bingo on tuesday night, I'd have called house, the number of time I heard it.

Jesus wept.

Racists.

There you have it folks. Summed up in a nutshell.

Although just saying that a large proportion of the Hearts support are complete cretins would have done as good a job.

The Great Khali

Is there another clubs fans in the country who would not only abuse there captain and all round quality defender for years on end, but continue to do so after captaining the side to the biggest result in our history?

Team Zal till I die.

Drewjambobusby

Boys. Don`t see a hell of a lot of abusing going on ??? Just honesty. The guy is a Hearts Captain (Although always said in name only, as i see Webster doing the organising) and is deserving of support as long as he wears maroon. However, Club Legend ??? In a collective sense, being part of the Cup winning side, then yes but individually ?? Do me a favour. And racism being responsible, for me forming that view ehhhh.... Naw. Just a realism ,that whilst he does a decent job, most of the time, he will never be an Outstanding player, merely one who is a good Club Professional. He could not play at a Higher level, than where he is right now. I am always happy to be proved wrong, and if he was to keep improving, who knows, but at this moment ? No chance.

Francis Albert

Boys. Don`t see a hell of a lot of abusing going on ??? Just honesty. The guy is a Hearts Captain (Although always said in name only, as i see Webster doing the organising) and is deserving of support as long as he wears maroon. However, Club Legend ??? In a collective sense, being part of the Cup winning side, then yes but individually ?? Do me a favour. And racism being responsible, for me forming that view ehhhh.... Naw. Just a realism ,that whilst he does a decent job, most of the time, he will never be an Outstanding player, merely one who is a good Club Professional. He could not play at a Higher level, than where he is right now. I am always happy to be proved wrong, and if he was to keep improving, who knows, but at this moment ? No chance.

There we go. Some people see only what they want to see.

Unless by "organising" you mean pointing the finger at anyone else when something goes wrong (although to be fair Webby does this a lot less than he used to).

This post defines "damning with faint praise" and "through gritted teeth".

Drewjambobusby

There we go. Some people see only what they want to see.

Unless by "organising" you mean pointing the finger at anyone else when something goes wrong (although to be fair Webby does this a lot less than he used to).

This post defines "damning with faint praise" and "through gritted teeth".

:lol: You serious ?

You Rate the player highly, and want to put him on a pedestal, and, I think, he is a decent club professional but no more than that. Our views don`t match, as the rarely do in football. But your post concludes, that i am talking rubbish and you are 100% right ???? So who`s post needs condemned ? through gritted teeth of course ???

Archived