Zaliukas

liam11

Francis Albert

Not quite. I am a Zal fan. Just saying he was having a mare today but two goals more than cancels it out and his mistakes are not every game despite what other claim.

Sorry I wasn't criticising you. Just saying that occasionally I have the strange but no doubt wholly unjustified feeling that being Lithuanian doesn't endear players to some of our posters. Of course Velicka, particularly after he left, ceased being a Lithuanian huddie.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Zaliukas didn't have the odd bombscare moment he'd be playing in the Priemership.

We are lucky to have the great man play for Hearts. :thumbsup:

But he's really not a better defender than Andy Webster, is he? Which is why your '6-1' analogy was flawed.

Of course not. I'm looking at the constant with/without Webster in the team (Zal) not the variable (Barr/Webster)

I'm just messing but I really don't think Webster is anywhere near as much better/better at all than Captain Fantastic.

Francis Albert

All defenders will be at fault for a goal in some way. Webster makess mistakes - but they can usually be classed in the category of minor misjudgements that all defenders will suffer in their careers - just failing to pick up a runner, mistimimg the tackle a fraction, poor headed clearance etc etc. Not very serious and usually don't end up in a goal being given away. However, Zal has the unfortunate knack of, every now and then, setting up goals on a plate for our opponents.

You have to admit, when Zal makes a mistake - he REALLY makes a mistake.

Using that logic, is Darren Barr now the best defender st the club? dry.gif

And when he makes amends he REALLY makes amends.

I'd take Zaliuaks over Webster in my team any day of the week.

Quite telling that when Zal was out this season we struggled against a 10 man Inverness yet without Webster we have comfortably won 2 games in a row :smuggy:

Sorry I wasn't criticising you. Just saying that occasionally I have the strange but no doubt wholly unjustified feeling that being Lithuanian doesn't endear players to some of our posters. Of course Velicka, particularly after he left, ceased being a Lithuanian huddie.

No probs. I kinda agree in a way.

Class centre half. If he didn't have his little flaws he'd be nowhere near our team or the shitey league we play in.

Now that's the truth!

He actually is the personification of the Hearts "way"!

Jeezuz, some people really need to calm doon. What about the bloke who's usually playing alongside him? He may be a bit of a snake, but he's a far superior central defender. Far more consistent and hardly ever sells the jerseys.

I'd choose Zal over webster every day of the week

I'd take Zaliuaks over Webster in my team any day of the week.

Quite telling that when Zal was out this season we struggled against a 10 man Inverness yet without Webster we have comfortably won 2 games in a row :smuggy:

me too, no contest :D

Jeezuz, some people really need to calm doon. What about the bloke who's usually playing alongside him? He may be a bit of a snake, but he's a far superior central defender. Far more consistent and hardly ever sells the jerseys.

Bollocks!

Zal hardly ever sells the jerseys! It's just that when he does it, it's a zoomer!

Webby's made enough mistakes himself!

Love them both!!!

aye, championship and league clubs are knocking down the door mind.

Berra hasn't done too badly, and I for one didn't think Berra was even close to being our best central defender.

Still, you bash on knocking Zali if it makes you feel better. I'm away to bed to dream of Captain Fantastic lifting the League Cup. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

aye, championship and league clubs are knocking down the door mind.

For Webby presumably? He is "far superior" after all.

ToadKiller Dog

I think both Zal and Webster complement each other well . Zal is more of a risk taker where Webster is more dependable

Zal the chevalier Webster the Roundhead .

Arguing over who is better, Zaliukas or Webster. :lol:

Count ourselves lucky that we have 2 great central defenders at our club. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Best partnership in the country.

Guest C00l K1d

Would've been angry if he hadn't worked hard to make up for it.

Players make mistakes, Zal just seems to make more noticeable ones.

He's still one of the best CB's in the SPL.

Would've been angry if he hadn't worked hard to make up for it.

Players make mistakes, Zal just seems to make more noticeable ones.

He's still one of the best CB's in the SPL.

It's not so much how many mistakes he makes, it's where he makes them. It was a howler tonight (the awful conditions might have contributed to that), but he didn't dwell on it and scored 2 goals, which is a good way of bouncing back :thumbsup:

Driver made far more mistakes in the first half (his first touch was horrific), but it's Zal's one error that's remembered for its position and significance.

I love Zal.

My favourite thing about the game today was when the whole team lifted the performance and the tempo after we conceded.

A lesser captain would have allowed the team to collapse second half.

It was such a blatant and silly mistake that they scored from and Zal and the team reacted to it brilliantly. Legend! :thumbsup:

How many has he scored for us now?i'd say about 10?

I'd think it would be more than that.

He's also scored against the main 3, and in Europe :)

Bloody legend. :thumbsup:

I've decide to refer to him as Captain Sensible from now on too. None of this bombscare shan patter.

Captain Zaliukas

captaini.jpg

Captain Sensible

zal3.jpg

I'd think it would be more than that.

He's also scored against the main 3, and in Europe :)

Must be in our top 3 scorers at the club then haha I love him.

Let's be clear. Zal had a sodding nightmare tonight. He almost gave away two goals in the first two minutes through slack passing. Then he gifted them their goal. Of course he made up for it with a brace but he is there to defend for pity's sake. It's not as if Livingston put us under massive pressure !

I am a Zal lover and will defend him always but tonight he had a shocker

tonight i had a tenner on 3-0 to the famous and wot does zal go and do!!! :verymad: muppet that he is ....

calamitous erse that he is!!!!

still capaitano fantstico tho!!! :thumbsup:

I had money on 3 -1.

Well done Cap'n thumbsup.gif

Snake Plissken

How many has he scored for us now?i'd say about 10?

Tonight's brace take him to 13 and it means he's now scored in every competition he's played in.

wrong two out of three aint bad one you got right

Zal = hero. number six= snake

The Old Tolbooth

On his day he is outstanding but when he makes a mistake it isn't half a howler.

From madness to magic in the one game.

Perfect description, absolutely bang on the money mate! :thumbsup:

God, he drives me nuts, he's hard work!! :lol:

Tonight's brace take him to 13 and it means he's now scored in every competition he's played in.

Who has he scored against in Europe?

Who has he scored against in Europe?

Scored against Dinamo Zagreb did he not?

He's a wonderful captain, footballer and servant to the club. We should be grateful he's strutting his stuff on the Tynecastle turf.

He's a wonderful captain, footballer and servant to the club. We should be grateful he's strutting his stuff on the Tynecastle turf.

You are correct

Here is a list of Zaliukas goals

Zaliukas Goals

I absolutley love big Captain Zal :thumbsup:

Can't believe that some of our support still give the boy pelters, he is a Scottish Cup winning captain after all.

Yeah he makes mistakes, but what player doesn't?

Yeah he gave possession away and they scored but he more than made up for it by scoring two himself!

LONG LIVE CAPTAIN ZALIUKAS!!

Zal has grown on me over the years, without a doubt one of the best centre backs in the league. Massive respect to the lad who has totally turned it around at Hearts.

i agree with this he was like blinky bill when he first joined now he is a good defender jst needs to focus on defending dont get me wrong he drives forward with the ball and can create an oppertuninty but this is when he usually fecks up out of position or falls over the ball makes a stupid tackle now and again and the odd red card but that can all be put down to him being the captain hes the one thats trying to get them going webster prob missplaces as many passes he jst seems to be a bit luckier than zal

So according to some, when Webster makes a mistake Zal is there to cover for him, but when Zal makes a mistake Webster isn't there to cover for him and we concede.

And Webster is better?

5432929963_interesting_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Indeed.

Zal loves Gorgie and I love Zal.

:yas:

I like the boy, but when he makes a mistake it's usually catastrophic. anyone claiming he's a better defender than Webster should probably not be allowed to use anything sharp. better on the ball undoubtedly but nowhere near as good defensively.

Last night sums up Zal, it's one extreme or the other but usually not in the same game. He is a very accomplished defender when he has his head screwed on but his howlers have now become a thing of legend. Last night he responded to his big mistake in the way that any captain should, it reminded me of Elvis at Falkirk in 2005, scored an own goal and scored twice to make up for it.

I was always one of Zal's knockers, but give him his due, he's got a pair :rolleyes: I'll give him that :D

He needs tae get more lessons fae Webby though if he wants to "stroll" :)

Archived