Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

AyrJambo

Dear REDACTED

Firstly I'd like to REDACTED you on your decision to REDACTED

I'm sure that REDACTED will now allow the REDACTED to draw a line under REDACTED and allow REDACTED to work with REDACTED to once more further the cause of REDACTED

Yours

REDACTED

AyrJambo
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

...and out with the dog last night and someone had written "F~~~ the SNP " in huge letters on Ayr beach....

Wisnae me guv!

henryheart

I see that Swinney today is today blaming  the "hostile" UK Government for SNP ministers slashing spending on affordable housing in Scotland. It is all down to what Westminster gives to the Scottish Government for its capital budget. 

A chip off the old block; never our fault, everything that goes wrong is down to Westminster. The problem with this approach is that it no longer works. They have a budget and they should spend it wisely. Westminster did not throw money down the drain on ferry contracts, on overseas offices, on a bottle return scheme, on legal challenges that were never going to be won etc etc etc....

It looks like we are facing another couple of years of the same old same old as the country goes down the tubes.

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It is a valid question!

Forbes would have done what every party and company should do and suspend the individual(s) to ensure integrity, it protects the person as well as the system.  But Swinney was next in charge,  It just looks like a further cover up,

Swinney experience YES, but a safe pair of hands NO, can he unite the Party  mibbies, can he unite the country hell NO, he just said delivering Indy is priority,  How can that unite a country that wants stability.  For those who think Indy will help, then evidence it!!!!

Swinney is part of the Problem

Unbelievable really . Another opportunity lost . 

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, henryheart said:

I see that Swinney today is today blaming  the "hostile" UK Government for SNP ministers slashing spending on affordable housing in Scotland. It is all down to what Westminster gives to the Scottish Government for its capital budget. 

A chip off the old block; never our fault, everything that goes wrong is down to Westminster. The problem with this approach is that it no longer works. They have a budget and they should spend it wisely. Westminster did not throw money down the drain on ferry contracts, on overseas offices, on a bottle return scheme, on legal challenges that were never going to be won etc etc etc....

It looks like we are facing another couple of years of the same old same old as the country goes down the tubes.

Fact the Greens used that money for cycle lanes, that are full of potholes

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, henryheart said:

FFS starting as he means to go on , they are finished 

AyrJambo
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ouchhhh 

Ouch 

U make is sound like it’s “ the line of duty “! 
who’s the main man !!  😂😂 Jimmy was up to her knees in it . 💯 don’t let that delicate lady like demeanour of hers fool you ! 😂

I did say she was complicit....

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, AyrJambo said:

I did say she was complicit....

Ok 👌 

Hagar the Horrible

What comes next is interesting, Swinney has Forbes backing, so he cant use the Greens to push things through, he will have to go with the middle of the road tactics, and get backing from some Tory and Labour politicians, If Swinney only panders to the Toxic Greens then it will look like more of the same and game over,  But if he ditches the greens which is both what is required and wanted then the Greens look pretty stupid not backing Labours motion.

Advice though, keep away from using terms Progressive and Fair, in both cases it alienates most of us

doctor jambo
8 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Wisnae me guv!

me neither, but the SNP are blowing things massively.

The public just dont care about cycle lanes and gender education

they want to eat, stay warm, get to work and not worry about money all the time

grow the economy dim wits

Japan Jambo
17 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

some points

interesting at the weekend the hearts support chanting "f~~~ the SNP"

and out with the dog last night and someone had written "F~~~ the SNP " in huge letters on Ayr beach.

reaching Tory levels of unpopularity .

rebranding Swinney as "unity" and not "continuity"

they think we are all mugs

Could he not at least be viewed as the closest thing they have to an adult in the room? Possibly the least worst option they have?

AyrJambo
18 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

What comes next is interesting, Swinney has Forbes backing, so he cant use the Greens to push things through, he will have to go with the middle of the road tactics, and get backing from some Tory and Labour politicians, If Swinney only panders to the Toxic Greens then it will look like more of the same and game over,  But if he ditches the greens which is both what is required and wanted then the Greens look pretty stupid not backing Labours motion.

Advice though, keep away from using terms Progressive and Fair, in both cases it alienates most of us

I hear there is at least one other leadership candidate currently canvassing for the 100 members across 20 branches required to force a contest

Needs to get them by Monday so any SNP members on here who don't want a King John coronation....

Australis
8 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

I hear there is at least one other leadership candidate currently canvassing for the 100 members across 20 branches required to force a contest

Needs to get them by Monday so any SNP members on here who don't want a King John coronation....

They will pick a no hope guffie, so Swinney wins by a big margin to make it look like they all wanted him.

AyrJambo
Just now, Australis said:

They will pick a no hope guffie, so Swinney wins by a big margin to make it look like they all wanted him.

He's not part of the party ruling clique and they don't want anyone to run since that would mean debate and more importantly current membership numbers being made public

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

He's already been picked and probably was long before we heard Humza had resigned. I would imagine discussions were ongoing all last weekend. His first speech doesn't give much hope for anything changing anytime soon, same old tired lines coming out. Indy being the one to unite the country? How is that going to happen when more than half are against it. Another 2 years of this nonsense will be no good for anyone. There should be a rule in place that if you change leaders so many times in a single parliament that there needs to be an election. Another FM that no one voted for. 

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

He's already been picked and probably was long before we heard Humza had resigned. I would imagine discussions were ongoing all last weekend. His first speech doesn't give much hope for anything changing anytime soon, same old tired lines coming out. Indy being the one to unite the country? How is that going to happen when more than half are against it. Another 2 years of this nonsense will be no good for anyone. There should be a rule in place that if you change leaders so many times in a single parliament that there needs to be an election. Another FM that no one voted for. 

It’s all very depressing. It’s almost as if they want to continue riding the gravy train and don’t want Indy . The last few weeks have evidenced this 

Gizmo
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

This.

Its time for a radical shake up.

without economic growth there will only be cut after cut

leaving rUK to one side, we need to grow scotland.

we need cheaper energy 

so with that in mind- re-energise the north sea- managed decline is not acceptable 

get the moratorium on fracking lifted 

use our abundant natural resources

a national energy provider established to provide free energy to the poorest in society funded by this 

low electricity costs means lower costs for businesses too.

growth stimulus

Scotland has the resources- feckin use them for the benefit of its denizens

We might already have cheaper energy if we didn't have unfair high tariff costs to add our energy to the grid. 

for an energy company to connect to the grid, it costs:
 £7.36 per megawatt-hour (MWh) in the north of Scotland
* £4.70 per MWh in the south of Scotland transmission area.

* £0.49 in most of England and Wales
* Southern England, generators are PAID to connect to the grid.

Standing charges are also double in Scotland than on average in London - a regressive pricing model which penalises people with low energy use and by where they live, despite living in a country that is a net energy exporter. 

One thing the SNP should be proud of is the moratorium on fracking. We do not need it, we are an energy-abundant country. 

52 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

me neither, but the SNP are blowing things massively.

The public just dont care about cycle lanes and gender education

they want to eat, stay warm, get to work and not worry about money all the time

grow the economy dim wits

GMkHCHJWwAA0SX9?format=jpg&name=small

Looks easy, right? 

AyrJambo
40 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s all very depressing. It’s almost as if they want to continue riding the gravy train and don’t want Indy . The last few weeks have evidenced this 

We're not talking about Swinney!!

Talking about another hopeful trying to get enough backing to stand against Swinney

Korky
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

What a positive and forward thinking idea to bring back a failed former leader. Swinney previously quit as leader because the voters rejected the SNP on his watch so what’s changed?
Lets hope the Tories or Labour don’t follow suit now that the resurrection precedent has been set.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

We're not talking about Swinney!!

Talking about another hopeful trying to get enough backing to stand against Swinney

He’s got the gig , come on

AyrJambo
55 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

He's not part of the party ruling clique and they don't want anyone to run since that would mean debate and more importantly current membership numbers being made public

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’s got the gig , come on

Come on what Judy?

Do you actually read any post before jumping in with your no doubt, exquisite size 9s

I'm not suggesting anyone will defeat Swinney but a contest is important for the reasons I posted, shown above

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Come on what Judy?

Do you actually read any post before jumping in with your no doubt, exquisite size 9s

I'm not suggesting anyone will defeat Swinney but a contest is important for the reasons I posted, shown above

I didn’t see that other post . Scouts honour . 

AyrJambo
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

I didn’t see that other post . Scouts honour . 

Dib Dib Dib... 🙂

doctor jambo
35 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We might already have cheaper energy if we didn't have unfair high tariff costs to add our energy to the grid. 

for an energy company to connect to the grid, it costs:
 £7.36 per megawatt-hour (MWh) in the north of Scotland
* £4.70 per MWh in the south of Scotland transmission area.

* £0.49 in most of England and Wales
* Southern England, generators are PAID to connect to the grid.

Standing charges are also double in Scotland than on average in London - a regressive pricing model which penalises people with low energy use and by where they live, despite living in a country that is a net energy exporter. 

One thing the SNP should be proud of is the moratorium on fracking. We do not need it, we are an energy-abundant country. 

GMkHCHJWwAA0SX9?format=jpg&name=small

Looks easy, right? 

We are, however, a small landmass of fossil fuels and high end farmland floating in one of the best fishing grounds in the world, all above a massive pool of oil and gas.

Some of the best farming anywhere , with, again, reservoirs of natural gas.

and Scotgov has done what?

We owned Bifab , to build windfarms, and owned the rights to build windfarms.

and did what?

sold it for buttons

AyrJambo
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We are, however, a small landmass of fossil fuels and high end farmland floating in one of the best fishing grounds in the world, all above a massive pool of oil and gas.

and did what?

sold it for buttons

You can add abundant renewable sources of renewable energy and copious reserves of fresh water to that list

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

You can add abundant renewable sources of renewable energy and copious reserves of fresh water to that list

Indeed.

Yet we wont use them?

For a green agenda (Sturgeon  grandstanding and setting targets for net 0 and looking billie big baws on the international stage she needed economic stagnation.

Green economy= kill off the north sea, import all your energy from saudi, close grangemouth, and then be surprised when growth leads to underfunded services?

manaliveits105
53 minutes ago, stevie said:

image.jpeg.34b94cbe3f187993cb34a0673c60e13a.jpeg

Their few remaining supporters on here continue to be absolute clowns to be fair 

stevie
Posted (edited)

The SNP have divided Scotland with their independence at all/any cost policy.

Politics in Scotland has been toxic since 2014

Scotland said No,can we now please concentrate on fixing broken Scotland and forget about separatism. 

Edited by stevie

3 hours ago, henryheart said:

Seaborne Freight not ring any bells with you?

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Not if the 4 Lib Dem MSPs do a Nick Clegg...arsehole that he is.

4 minutes ago, stevie said:

Scotland said No,can we now please concentrate on fixing broken Scotland and forget about separatism. 

😀😀😀😀

Gizmo
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

and did what?

sold it for buttons

I agree with establishing a national energy company which was meant to be something the government planned to set-up. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, AyrJambo said:

Dib Dib Dib... 🙂

Dob dob dob 

AyrJambo
9 minutes ago, stevie said:

The only way to fix "broken" Scotland after 300 + years of union is for Scotland to become a normal sovereign state once more

hughesie27

You're aware of the Billions Westminster DID throw down the drain though eh? Billions. On useless PPE contracts for their buddies. And pointless legal challenges too.

hughesie27
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

FFS starting as he means to go on , they are finished 

Define finished. What's your prediction for the GE election this year that will equate to finished for you? 

joondalupjambo
17 minutes ago, stevie said:

If, and it is a big if SNP "sorting" Scotland would that not give them the platform for a serious route to Indy?  We proved we can sort the mess now we can build on that.  Now bottom line that is probably horse manure because nobody is going to fix anything, no political party will turn this mess around.  Things may get worse more slowly and that would be a win.

heartgarfunkel

The Government in Scotland have become a micro-Westminster treating local authorities with the contempt London has treated Scotland, Wales, marginalised England with.  I have wanted an independent Scotland my whole life and those incompetent ****s have completely blown it.

Just now, heartgarfunkel said:

The Government in Scotland have become a micro-Westminster treating local authorities with the contempt London has treated Scotland, Wales, marginalised England with.  I have wanted an independent Scotland my whole life and those incompetent ****s have completely blown it.

Still there for the taking mate.

Spellczech

Clearly Forbes thinks the SNP will lose the next election.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Clearly Forbes thinks the SNP will lose the next election.

Yup, just biding her time.

In modern Scotland people more scared of a practising Christian than they are of other religions, particularly Islam.

lost in space

Swinney says no deal done with Kate.

So starting as FM with a lie. Treating the voters like mugs.

Here we go again.......

heartgarfunkel
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Still there for the taking mate.

Not sure how Ked.  I'm absolutely vague on this but I'm now minded that a politically federalist/regional/devolved UK is the best way to meet the needs of the vast majority of the population and protect them from the worst of radge, introspective, disingenous, shan, self-serving, niche governments of inadequate chancers that have plagued the UK and Scotland. No wonder populist reactionary ***** have such media bandwidth.

Spellczech
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Yup, just biding her time.

In modern Scotland people more scared of a practising Christian than they are of other religions, particularly Islam.

I don't think it is the people that are the problem for her, but all the idiots that are SNP MSPs. She's still young so has plenty of time to mould a smaller group of MSPs in opposition than try to rebuild the current toxic mess into something whilst also being asked to run the country. It is the smart move, and although I don't want independence, I can see that she is the best the SNP have by a country mile (regardless of her personal views re gay marriages which she's hardly likely to do anything about anyway)

Gizmo
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Here we go again.......

Why is it a lie?

1 minute ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Not sure how Ked.  I'm absolutely vague on this but I'm now minded that a politically federalist/regional/devolved UK is the best way to meet the needs of the vast majority of the population and protect them from the worst of radge, introspective, disingenous, shan, self-serving, niche governments of inadequate chancers that have plagued the UK and Scotland. No wonder populist reactionary ***** have such media bandwidth.

The argument for independence is still as sound when you wanted it .

If people are using the bad governance of the last 3 years as a reason to avoid independence wtf are we doing still in the UK?

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Here we go again.......

Well she is also being economical with the truth.

Then again like Swinney she is also a politician, which they all are first and foremost.

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Why is it a lie?

I think you know the answer!

Because of course she postured about standing which was really a "what you going to offer me to stand down".

lost in space
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Well she is also being economical with the truth.

Then again like Swinney she is also a politician, which they all are first and foremost.

The facts that he is lying is not a surprise - it is just that he is telling sich a whopper before he is even in the job.

He is telling a lie that no-one will believe but won't care a jot!!