Ticket sales for Livingston match

Locky

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shite attendances in the League Cup are nothing new.

I was one of about 6,000 when we beat Kilmarnock c.2004 (Hartley scored twice) and was there when we played Elgin a couple years ago and I doubt there was much over 5,000 at that one. It shouldn't be like that but there seems to be a lot of fan apathy in the cups yet when we reach the latter stages, there's a scramble for tickets. Just think where we could be if we turned out in numbers like at the cup final or the Liverpool matches.

Anything shy of 10,000 will be really poor.

I would replace 'latter stages' with 'final', I don't think there's much appetite for semi-final tickets either. Apathy for the league cup is nationwide, not a problem exclusive to our club - maybe it's the tournament that's the problem. A crowd of 10,000 would be our best attendance for years under the circumstances.

Midweek match travelling distance, kids at home, game too far for myself. When I had no commitments didn't think twice but now with fuel also a consideration can't justify this competition. Regardless of what anyone says it has devalued sinc Skol Cup days when the comp was short and snappy. Rangers and Celtic got their way and now it is ridiculously drawn out.

Much preferred it that way.

Much preferred it that way.

Agreed much better when the tournament was done and dusted by November, if we get to the Semis I find myself forgetting about it completely until a few days before, if we are out I only pay attention if the final is on in the boozer.

Do you need directions?

No i found my way fine, that was serious question we are playing livingston at home on pretty pish form. Yes the ticket prices are good but that does not matter the game itself is mince. Most of the people i know with season tickets are not going so why should we expect a decent crowd?

No i found my way fine, that was serious question we are playing livingston at home on pretty pish form. Yes the ticket prices are good but that does not matter the game itself is mince. Most of the people i know with season tickets are not going so why should we expect a decent crowd?

Only jesting.

We should expect a decent crowd because it is a home game, that is cheap, in a competition we can win and have not won for a very long time. It is also clear how rooked we are. If we get a crap crowd then some of those who blamed ticket prices for not renewing season tickets, saying they would go to individual games instead, were clearly making that reason up. You will probably not get a cheaper game all season.

For me, the only reason I need to go to a Hearts match is that I am a Hearts fan.

Only jesting.

We should expect a decent crowd because it is a home game, that is cheap, in a competition we can win and have not won for a very long time. It is also clear how rooked we are. If we get a crap crowd then some of those who blamed ticket prices for not renewing season tickets, saying they would go to individual games instead, were clearly making that reason up. You will probably not get a cheaper game all season.

For me, the only reason I need to go to a Hearts match is that I am a Hearts fan.

Exactly this. Wish we could get 15.000 every game and we would probs not be in a that bad of a position. If we make 10,000 then that would be good going esecially after some recent cup matches like the st j and st mirren game and they were in the scottish cup.

scott herbertson

Exactly this. Wish we could get 15.000 every game and we would probs not be in a that bad of a position. If we make 10,000 then that would be good going esecially after some recent cup matches like the st j and st mirren game and they were in the scottish cup.

If we get 10,000 I wil run naked down Princess street with just a Hearts balaclava on

We will be doing very well to get anytwhere near 7,000 - recent history shows that. 5.000 - 6,000 is average for this kind of game and add in the economic situation, lack of goals and no 'buzz' players

If we get 10,000 I wil run naked down Princess street with just a Hearts balaclava on

No chance. You're never fit enough to run the whole way down Princes Street. :whistling:

Was down at the ticket office around 11am and asked how many tickets sold and was told less than 5k. Not good enough IMO. Hopefully we'll hang on today and get a few more bodies in.

Shite support. Embarrassing how many people felt entitled to a cup final ticket and are out lining the streets for the parade. < 5% have stumped up for a cup game against a strong 1st division side.

scott herbertson

No chance. You're never fit enough to run the whole way down Princes Street. :whistling:

You're right, but it's a cert I won't have to

anyway, I think I had you on toast at the beach football....

Come on everyone, let's get a big home crowd for this one. Great result yesterday and a cracking deal on tickets from the club.

Ps Livi lost 4-0 yesterday :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

by my count that means we have sold 4668

Is that actual tickets sold where we are getting income from those tickets, or is that seats allocated, as I'm guessing that there will be a few who have already purchased tickets who have also taken up the free kids option, where a seat will need to be allocated but no up front money will be generated.

You're right, but it's a cert I won't have to

anyway, I think I had you on toast at the beach football....

Your team only won thanks to a blatant foul on me to make it 10-9. :down:

Is that actual tickets sold where we are getting income from those tickets, or is that seats allocated, as I'm guessing that there will be a few who have already purchased tickets who have also taken up the free kids option, where a seat will need to be allocated but no up front money will be generated.

allocated seats

C'mon. Pull the finger out.

It's ?12 (plus a free child ticket), evening game and after a cracking win.

Worst part is, I guarantee there will be supporters safe in the knowledge they could grab as many tickets as they want on matchday, who will wait until Tuesday and look at factors as pathetic as the weather to decide whether or not to go.

Picked up 4 tickets earlier, I was surprised at how dead the ticket office/shop was.

Price can certainly not be a factor.

scott herbertson

Any update on tickets sales?

I make it just over 5,300 sold plus whatever Livi bring - looking set for something around 6,000 - 6,500 - which is good compared to last year but will have the gum bumpers foaming at their fellow fans.

Any update on tickets sales?

In today got 5 [ Adults ] only 1 dealing with tickets at the time so there was bout 20 in queue,

NOT sitting in Season Ticket seat Block C row 3 Wheatfield - took seats further back row 21 due to crap weather,

Would be nice if good turnout :thumbsup:

I keep bloody forgetting about this game tomorrow! I've been off today as well, could've went up to get one. I'll text my mate, he works in haulage so doesn't get to midweek games but while i'm there i could pick up a couple of tickets for the Killie game.

i never got a ticket as all my pennies went on euros. tomorrow however, is pay day and as long as i'm not feeling as guff as i do today, i intend popping along

I only bought my ticket earlier today and I normally get my ticket as soon as they are available.

People know they will get tickets pretty easily so if my thinking is anything to go by I think you'll see a big number bought today and tomorrow.

6500-7000 is my guess.

I don't really see what else Livingston and Hearts can do about it. People forget all the talk pre-season of making sure you get behind the club and support them etc etc. This is a perfect opportunity to prove a bit of commitment. To be fair though there's probably an unmissable episode of Eastenders on or something like that.

Even if the average home league game crowd turned up the difference between that and what's talked about above would probably be about ?25k to each club, or if you like, a few weeks of a certain potential player's wages.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

looking at ticket sales, it looks like at least a third of season ticket holders aren't going to bother to come along. whilst its commendable of both teams to agree the very affordable,in my eyes, pricing it's clear that a fair number of folks won't bother their arse until we get to the final. you can also forget about the semi as there were only a few thousand at hampden in 2008.

so, what.do hearts have to do? I don't think there is anything they can do apart from letting everyone in for nixie. sad but that appears to be life.

I'm buying mine tomorrow. :smug:

Archived