Ticket sales for Livingston match

Locky

If ticket sales are as bad by Monday then I might get concerned. Considering the tickets only really went on sale a few days ago, and it's not been very well advertised tbh, I'm not overly surprised it's so low.

Although, I'd be stunned if it was anywhere near 10,000 that turn up.

I plan on being there and will be purchasing my tickets when my wages hit my account, looking forward to being an uber fan on here again :verysmug:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

What on earth are you talking about?

He likes to think he's a bit of a financial genius and that he is the only one who realises we are in a perilous situation... Check over his posts, every single one is a wrist-slasher. Best ignored until he actually says something of any interest really. He reminds me of a yappy wee dug, sitting their yapping away as the humans in the room talk...

There is no denying that there is a certain feeling of apathy, for want of a better word, surrounding the opening stages of this season - the Liverpool games excepted. The post-coital Hampden afterglow has largely dissipated and we're left with a fairly unattractive looking squad and a manager no-one seems too keen on. Against a backdrop of recession and rising ST prices (for most people, I reckon), it's not terribly surprising that attendances aren't stunning. No point pretending that this hasn't happened before or that this isn't the way things normally go at football clubs, because it is. No point seething about people who're not going to matches either. People go when they want to go. That has always been the way.

After all, if we offend all the part-timers, who's going to come and fill our shiny new 20,000 seater stadium on the outskirts of town?

The visitor attractions of a car park and a trestle table with some warm lager on it under the breeze block stand will do the trick. Will sell out no bother. :thumb:

People actually trying to find reasons not to go to a game that costs ?12 (kids free).

:vrface:

I'm not really seeing people trying to find reasons not to go, and the children free option is only really useful if you have them :lol:

There will be a fair few who will probably wait til the day and decide then whether or not to go. This isn't a recent phenomenom you know, league cup ties hardly ever get near 10,000 crowds.

I'm not really seeing people trying to find reasons not to go, and the children free option is only really useful if you have them :lol:

There will be a fair few who will probably wait til the day and decide then whether or not to go. This isn't a recent phenomenom you know, league cup ties hardly ever get near 10,000 crowds.

I know.

But to harp on about things like the players getting sold or moved on etc. As if its a justification for not supporting the club.

Ffs, when have we ever held on to decent players?

Jam Tarts 1874

The current squad is the worst since the relegation days, so I am not surprised that we are now getting down to just the hardcore number of fans attending games like the Livi one.

I know.

But to harp on about things like the players getting sold or moved on etc. As if its a justification for not supporting the club.

Ffs, when have we ever held on to decent players?

It is this that I find frustrating. I was talking to someone at work today who was moaning about the wages issue and saying it is a disgrace, understandably. Straight after he started moaning about not offering Sergio a good enough contract and not re-signing Black, Beattie and Rudi, saying we should have given them what they asked for as they deserve it, and then he moaned about selling Temps.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The current squad is the worst since the relegation days, so I am not surprised that we are now getting down to just the hardcore number of fans attending games like the Livi one.

Is it ****, its a lot better than the Joe Hammil, Neil Janycyk, Simmons, Sloan, Weir, McAlistair days.

Paterson, McGowan, Novikovas, Taouil, Webster, Zaliukas, etc ate good players and we have decent kids trying to make a mark.

This is far from the worst squad I have seen in my 33 years on this planet.

Is it ****, its a lot better than the Joe Hammil, Neil Janycyk, Simmons, Sloan, Weir, McAlistair days.

Paterson, McGowan, Novikovas, Taouil, Webster, Zaliukas, etc ate good players and we have decent kids trying to make a mark.

Absolutely. I have seen a lot worse and my old man, worse still.

Anyone who thinks this is the worst squad must have only started going to Hearts games the same time Vlad did.

Any Loyalty Points on offer for it? I cant go unfortunately but would probably give them ?12 anyway if it was going to help me get tickets for future games. At this rate though it should have no bother getting tickets for any away game once the fair weather fans jack it in cos we're mince again

Jam Tarts 1874

I was among the hardcore of fans watching Hearts get relegated 3 times, I know shite players when I see them.

Patterson and Webster are the only players we have that another SPL club might want, the rest are over-rated by quite some margin.

Just bought 1 adult ticket on e-tickets and got 2 kids free.

Did the same thing on Sunday when buying season tickets seats.

It seems to have been set up that you can buy as many free kids as you like.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Anyone who thinks this is the worst squad must have only started going to Hearts games the same time Vlad did.

I realise that the guys I mentioned had some class acts in there too, no doubt that will be brought up. However, even guys like Hartley, DeVries ,Flogel and Fulton were panned early doors at Hearts. People always come out with the worst squad ever shit, usually a few weeks before a kid or a recent signing suddenly develops in to an excellent asset.

Jam Tarts 1874

I have been going to Tynecastle for 40 years thank you, our squad is as bad as it has ever been.

I was among the hardcore of fans watching Hearts get relegated 3 times, I know shite players when I see them.

Patterson and Webster are the only players we have that another SPL club might want, the rest are over-rated by quite some margin.

:lol: :lol:

BELTER!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry but I disagree. Paterson, Webster, Zaliukas, Novikovas, McGowan and Taouil are all good players. We probably have more who are young and not breaking through yet too... We always have done.

Jam Tarts 1874

I realise that the guys I mentioned had some class acts in there too, no doubt that will be brought up. However, even guys like Hartley, DeVries ,Flogel and Fulton were panned early doors at Hearts. People always come out with the worst squad ever shit, usually a few weeks before a kid or a recent signing suddenly develops in to an excellent asset.

How often has this happened?

Jam Tarts 1874

Sorry but I disagree. Paterson, Webster, Zaliukas, Novikovas, McGowan and Taouil are all good players. We probably have more who are young and not breaking through yet too... We always have done.

Zaliukas, Novikovas, McGowan and Taouil would not get a game for any other SPL club - we will see where they end up when their contracts expire.

The miracle that us older fans witnessed when Robbo, MacKay and Bowman all came through at the same time is a very distant memory. We need the same again now, but I can't see it from what I have seen of our younger players.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How often has this happened?

Robertson, Bowman, McKay, McLaren, Levein, Locke, Ritchie, Allan Johnston, Naysmith, Gordon, Wallace, Berra, Driver all youngsters who enhanced our team from the youths... Off the top of my head.

Players who have developed in to good players that little was expected from include: Pressley, Webster, Fulton, DeVries, Flogel, Hartley, Grainger etc, etc, etc.

All just from the top of my head.

Edit: We signed Levein as a young player.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Zaliukas, Novikovas, McGowan and Taouil would not get a game for any other SPL club - we will see where they end up when their contracts expire.

The miracle that us older fans witnessed when Robbo, MacKay and Bowman all came through at the same time is a very distant memory. We need the same again now, but I can't see it from what I have seen of our younger players.

Your first paragraph is so outrageously wrong that it makes your subjective second opinion almost moot.

Sorry, I completely disagree.

:blink:

I've heard it all now

I have been going to Tynecastle for 40 years thank you, our squad is as bad as it has ever been.

I think you must have been going to a different Tynecastle from me for the past forty odd years. This squad isn't even close to some of the utter dross I've sat (and stood) through.

Just bought 1 adult ticket on e-tickets and got 2 kids free.

Did the same thing on Sunday when buying season tickets seats.

It seems to have been set up that you can buy as many free kids as you like.

Will be getting ticket shortly but not wanting any free kids, got enough as it is :-)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The squad is thin. It does have some talent, but does not in any shape or form harbour competition for places, which lends itself to complacency. We may as well go with 5 subs now, for its almost certain we are putting 2 guys on it to make up the numbers.

I havent seen enough of the youngsters to form a final opinion but its fairly safe to say they wont be world beaters, and the Under 19s from last year had a very weak finish. Partly due to those who had been farmed out, but doesnt bode well for the next tier, given early season U20 form as it now is. More encouraging result last week, but there can be no guarantees of a constant production line.

Aberdeen are harnessing young talent with experience wisely, yet to get results, will be interesting to see which club does get the balance right this season.

Too early to tell, I'm more concerned about next season but the re-hire of Stevenson and if the rumours are true, the Prince returning, then I foster some more hope.

Sorry I wont be attending this one, the 250 mile round trip is not viable with Killie 4 days later. Petrol costs a fortune, its not just the ticket price.

Taouil played for Kilmarnock in the SPL.

People actually trying to find reasons not to go to a game that costs ?12 (kids free).

:vrface:

I want a refund as I'm not taking a child with me. Don't hate any child enough !!!

Just looked at Hearts e-ticketing and decided to count how many tickets we have sold for next Tuesday nights game.

3,879. :unsure:

Does this really sum up where the league cup stands within our game now that even with the dearest tickets being ?12, we cant even get anywhere near half way to the attendance.

Now I do know that obviously this game is still a week away and there will be a fair number of ticket sales on the day, but, I can't see that number increasing too much over this next week.

But what about season ticket holders? They had until today to purchase their seats and I'm guessing with the amount of available seats on e-tickets that this has been updated to represent the current value. So, why are ST holders not even purchasing their seat to watch this game?

One thing I guess you also have to take into consideration is the whole Roseburn Stand is closed, therefore, there is a dent in the amount of tickets on sale to home supporters but still, this is a pretty poor figure by all means.

There`s still a week til the game mate. Not got my ticket yet, plenty time.......

portobellojambo1

Nope, as it's general sale you'll need to print it off if you book it online.

Managed to get my own seat Mr Loverman, about 2 or 3 minutes after posting last night. Sent off a quick email to the club last night indicating I had forgotten about the cut off time yesterday morning, managed to secure my own seat last night and asked them if it was at all possible that they could add it in to my Smartcard (my main worry was that before next Tuesday I'd end up flinging out the printed sheet by mistake, or lose it when out for a drink before the game). Email back from club when I arrived home from work tonight telling me to rip the e-ticket up, as they had cancelled it and added the game to my Smartcard instead. Huge thumbs up to the TO, once again they have been very, very helpful.

ToadKiller Dog

Not really wanting to go , but will be in Edinburgh tuesday anyway do no doubt I will be there .

Depending on Saturdays result could be an interesting game .

Anyone worked out where we are now in terms of ticket sales?

Dunno - but make sure you assign the ticket you got me to my season ticket number. :thumbsup:

#loyaltypointsmeanprizes (or not)

Dunno - but make sure you assign the ticket you got me to my season ticket number. :thumbsup:

#loyaltypointsmeanprizes (or not)

Got your text, away to try and do that now.... ;)

Edit: Can that be done via e-ticket? Don't you have to call up/email the ticket office?

Sadly a lot of our fans spend their matchdays on this forum bickering with each other.

Can easily do that at the game by the wonders of mobile phone :D

Archived