Ticket sales for Livingston match

Locky

In the 1st round of the German cup, they draw the big teams away from home, against the smaller clubs. Generates interest, locally, in what would otherwise be a stroll for the big teams.

Maybe we should do that here,for the League Cup only, until the quarter final ties.

Either that or cut the number of league games, and play these ties on a weekend. Possibly as a curtain raiser to the season, again, as the Germans do.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dougie Masterton

In the 1st round of the German cup, they draw the big teams away from home, against the smaller clubs. Generates interest, locally, in what would otherwise be a stroll for the big teams.

Maybe we should do that here,for the League Cup only, until the quarter final ties.

Either that or cut the number of league games, and play these ties on a weekend. Possibly as a curtain raiser to the season, again, as the Germans do.

The start ofthr season bit, We used to do that once upon a time

scott herbertson

Home ties for Hibs though, in that model - would lose the joy of seeing them fall over in tiny wee grounds around the country.

There's not much else the club can do to get fans along. They've reduced the prices so cost isn't an excuse. The club can't influence the weather for tonight.

I agree with the point that if a supporter wants to go, they will go regardless of how cheap it is. If someone doesn't want to go, they'll find an excuse.

If we get into the next round and get a home tie, I think it would be better for the club to charge ?20/?5, this way, the club will get more money with a similar attendance as tonight (unless it's Celtic/Rangers or Hibs - oops).

My son's a Jambo

Not necessarily.

It's a Tuesday night and a League Cup game.A competition doomed when the European place was removed.Money rules football now and the punter must now respond in a way that he sees fit.

Yes,Hearts have done all they can to get fans to attend tonight and should be applauded for doing so but 13 or 14 thousand punters will be at the game this weekend because of Season Tickets,kids and a Saturday 3.00pm kick-off.

From a personal point of view,there is no way i'd make it or take the bairn as we simply can't make it and it's a school night for her.No excuses.....just simple facts and there are many,many more like like me.

The debate will continue i'd expect and I wonder what the attendance would be if the free kid offer was on for the Killie game.

I'm taking my 11 year old and 4 year old sons. One for free, one six poonds. Missus going out, so baby sitting little one at Tynie.

You're convincing me Biffa! I'm out and about in an hour or so, could nip up and get one, need to get Killie ones anyway.

Well done, you have now qualified for Super Fan status :thumbsup:

Seems to be a late uptake in sales. Now up to 5,966

I'll be getting one on the way to the game.

I guess quite a few others will be doing the same seeing as it wasn't any cheaper to buy in advance.

I'll be getting one on the way to the game.

I guess quite a few others will be doing the same seeing as it wasn't any cheaper to buy in advance.

It was if you are brining an under 12, who will now pay concession prices. Still cheap.

Is there a cash gate or is it just ticket office for tickets?

Website doesn't say.

Has it been a while?

Anyway, as per the last seven or eight years, there is no cash gate. You can go to ticket office and buy a ticket though.

Has it been a while?

A while since what?

Last mid week game at Tynie was Liverpool.

Last time I didn't use a season ticket was v Liverpool.

Last time I hadn't pre-ordered, pre-purchased or printed my own ticket or used a season ticket must be several years ago. No idea exactly how many.

Anyway, as per the last seven or eight years, there is no cash gate. You can go to ticket office and buy a ticket though.

And FYI there were two cash turnstyles opened in the main stand last night.

Decision was taken last minute, well after kick-off due to the still large queue for buying tickets at the ticket office.

I fully understand various reasons why cash gates aren't in use for the majority of matches, but for a game of this nature I'm sure it would have been reasonably easy to keep a few sections aside from general sale and had them available at a turnstyle or two.

Bought my ST seat at 7'oclock last night. Cue a mad dash through for kick off.

Glad i went though. Quite an enjoyable game and decent performance.

Well, now we know that reduced prices DOES NOT mean bigger crowds.

That's s dreadful attendance figure.

Its more the nature of the competition.

league cup is dead on its arse.

Took the kids last night as it was cheap tickets,however doubt i would have went if they didnt want to go.

On the positive side, our attendance last night was only 3000 fewer than Parkhead and it's more than most SPL sides will attract for a home league game (there was a massive 4700 at last Saturday's match between Kilmarnock and St Mirren, two teams who are relentlessly praised by the Scottish sports media for playing 'the right way').

Archived