Ticket sales for Livingston match

Locky

Just looked at Hearts e-ticketing and decided to count how many tickets we have sold for next Tuesday nights game.

3,879. :unsure:

Does this really sum up where the league cup stands within our game now that even with the dearest tickets being ?12, we cant even get anywhere near half way to the attendance.

Now I do know that obviously this game is still a week away and there will be a fair number of ticket sales on the day, but, I can't see that number increasing too much over this next week.

But what about season ticket holders? They had until today to purchase their seats and I'm guessing with the amount of available seats on e-tickets that this has been updated to represent the current value. So, why are ST holders not even purchasing their seat to watch this game?

One thing I guess you also have to take into consideration is the whole Roseburn Stand is closed, therefore, there is a dent in the amount of tickets on sale to home supporters but still, this is a pretty poor figure by all means.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've just not got mine yet, I'll be getting three this week. But no, I don't think it'll be a particularly big crowd.

And some idiots on here wonder why we struggle to pay the wages :rolleyes:

Yes. That will net us around ?40K or possibly less due to free under 12a. Take off costs and the Livingston's share, we are almost as well making it a closed doors match.

In addition it will be the same ones who wanted us to re-sign all those players, sign more and keep Sergio.

In addition it will be the same ones who wanted us to re-sign all those players, sign more and keep Sergio.

More Hearts supporters will have made the trip to Anfield than turn up for this one!

I think due to lack of demand people will be waiting to buy tickets on the day, imagine it'll be about 8/9 thousand in attendance.

No goals scored in our last two matches against Dundee and St Mirren wont do ticket sales much good.

You are right. Too many fair weather fans.

I never understand how cup games attract less supporters than league games.

It's a winner takes all game with a chance of progressing to a further round of the competition.

Midweek game, under the floodlights at Tynecastle, what else is there to do on a Tuesday evening that's bigger than that?

Seems the super duper fans haven't rushed to buy their tickets.

Left to the fair weather glory hunters to come crawling out the woodwork for the glamour high profile game again eh?

;)

And.... maybe some idiots don't understand that some people/families can't afford to go to an additional fixture or maybe like me can't get time off work to travel to a midweek game.

And.... maybe some idiots don't understand that some people/families can't afford to go to an additional fixture or maybe like me can't get time off work to travel to a midweek game.

Not getting at you personally, but if it had been Liverpool we're playing next week, people will find a reason to put other things aside to make the game.

This is a trophy we haven't won in years, and with a few SPL teams already out, and one of Rangers/Motherwell out next, we have a good chance of winning it. We need people to turn up in numbers.

Not getting at you personally, but if it had been Liverpool we're playing next week, people will find a reason to put other things aside to make the game.

This is a trophy we haven't won in years, and with a few SPL teams already out, and one of Rangers/Motherwell out next, we have a good chance of winning it. We need people to turn up in numbers.

Saved me the trouble :thumbsup:

I never understand how cup games attract less supporters than league games.

It's a winner takes all game with a chance of progressing to a further round of the competition.

Midweek game, under the floodlights at Tynecastle, what else is there to do on a Tuesday evening that's bigger than that?

Watch Eastenders :whistling:

I've still to get mine and 4 other tickets.

There will be around 5/6k for the game.

I do not believe around 13,000 people are suddenly in that situation but were not a couple of Thursdays ago.

Time to rest some players and give the youths a chance. More fans might turn up for this.

Most of the team have had a rest, during the last 2 matches, no fannying around, stongest team on the pitch :thumbsup:

scott herbertson

I try to get up to League cup games when can (can't this time and next game is in November for me). I was at the Elgin game last year (where I thought Novikovas was outstanding) and there were 4,299 there - that should probably be our target to beat. I'd hope for 5,500 and think it would help if he gave starts to a couple of the young lads and announced it in advance.

I'm guessing a lot of fans who intend on going haven't bought yet, like myself. Surely we ll sell at least 7k.

I reckon that's about right. Unfortunately the League Cup doesn't seem to be that high a priority for people these days - least of all the club itself, which has reserved some of its most mystifying and lamentable capitulations of recent years for a competition we should really be having a decent tilt at every season. Not exactly a way to entice fans through the door, as has been discussed on here many times before.

I'll be going, but certainly more in hope than expectation. Tickets not bought yet, but there's no rush.

Clubs broke and needs all the cash it can get.

Over 200k stand in the street in May with a carry out. One week to go and we've sold less than 4k for a cup tie.

Deary me sad days indeed. :angry:

I realise that not everyone at the parade would be true Jambos but I reckon there was more than 4k who were!

Clubs broke and needs all the cash it can get.

Over 200k stand in the street in May with a carry out. One week to go and we've sold less than 4k for a cup tie.

Deary me sad days indeed. :angry:

I realise that not everyone at the parade would be true Jambos but I reckon there was more than 4k who were!

As tickets went on general sale less than 12hrs ago it's a bit early to be having a go at the fair weather glory-hunting walk-up fans.

Superfans have had a few days to buy tickets and appear to be less than enthusiastic which is probably why they only bought about a third of the number available (based on STs). Pretty shite but I'm sure they'll have their excuses too. :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1

I'm guessing a lot of fans who intend on going haven't bought yet, like myself. Surely we ll sell at least 7k.

I had genuinely forgotten I hadn't booked my seat for this. It is still available and I'm going to book it now. Would I be right that although the period for booking your own seat ended at 09:00 this morning the fact it is my own seat I am now purchasing means it will be added to my Smartcard, as per the Spurs match.

I had genuinely forgotten I hadn't booked my seat for this. It is still available and I'm going to book it now. Would I be right that although the period for booking your own seat ended at 09:00 this morning the fact it is my own seat I am now purchasing means it will be added to my Smartcard, as per the Spurs match.

Nope, as it's general sale you'll need to print it off if you book it online.

Ah, one of Kickback's financial gurus. Cash flow blips when you have had a ?1M windfall are only to be expected, and in no way suggest funds are being repatriated to the parent company. Your mate will blame agents shortly.

That aside, the ST sales/attendances in the early part of the season continue to astonish me.

Imagine deserting the club on the back of a SC hammering of hibs.

:facepalm:

Feckin weird like.

unfortunately Ive got to work is it okay if I miss this match ?

is it possible for supporters to stop laying the blame of the clubs financial position at the door of fellow supporters, the custodians of the club are the one`s that have got us to this position, there is no excuse for not paying the tax that should have been getting paid

Time to rest some players and give the youths a chance. More fans might turn up for this.

This fashion for "resting" players is what has seen us dumped out of the League cup early too many times.They don't deserve a rest anyway.

is it possible for supporters to stop laying the blame of the clubs financial position at the door of fellow supporters, the custodians of the club are the one`s that have got us to this position, there is no excuse for not paying the tax that should have been getting paid

On the back of the SC win, is maintaining or improving ST sales a lot to ask?

And to think there were so, so many on here who went on at length about the clubs not backing Newco.

Well, they did the right thing. Yet, attendances are worse this year.

Crazy.

That aside, the ST sales/attendances in the early part of the season continue to astonish me.

Imagine deserting the club on the back of a SC hammering of hibs.

:facepalm:

Feckin weird like.

Imagine the club letting most of the key players go, jacking up ticket prices at the same time and less people wanting to pay a higher price for an inferior 'product'. Or do they get to watch last seasons cup final for the price they pay?

Feckin weird like.

On the back of the SC win, is maintaining or improving ST sales a lot to ask?

And to think there were so, so many on here who went on at length about the clubs not backing Newco.

Well, they did the right thing. Yet, attendances are worse this year.

Crazy.

attendances went down when we won the cup in 1998 so its not a new happening

I know its been battered to and fro many times on here without ending -and this continues it- but the way the season ticket pricing was done especially for the U18`s/OAP`s group it had to reduce the amount of season ticket sales

in fact if it is possible that someone from the ticket office is reading this what is the difference in sales for the U18`s/OAP`s this year to the last 2 years

Fozzyonthefence

Imagine the club letting most of the key players go, jacking up ticket prices at the same time and less people wanting to pay a higher price for an inferior 'product'. Or do they get to watch last seasons cup final for the price they pay?

Feckin weird like.

This. And there is another point of view - that humping Hibs 5 - 1 in a Scottish Cup Final is as good as it can ever get. That could only be topped by winning the league (and many would probably argue even that wouldn't) and that isn't going to happen.

This. And there is another point of view - that humping Hibs 5 - 1 in a Scottish Cup Final is as good as it can ever get. That could only be topped by winning the league (and many would probably argue even that wouldn't) and that isn't going to happen.

There is no denying that there is a certain feeling of apathy, for want of a better word, surrounding the opening stages of this season - the Liverpool games excepted. The post-coital Hampden afterglow has largely dissipated and we're left with a fairly unattractive looking squad and a manager no-one seems too keen on. Against a backdrop of recession and rising ST prices (for most people, I reckon), it's not terribly surprising that attendances aren't stunning. No point pretending that this hasn't happened before or that this isn't the way things normally go at football clubs, because it is. No point seething about people who're not going to matches either. People go when they want to go. That has always been the way.

After all, if we offend all the part-timers, who's going to come and fill our shiny new 20,000 seater stadium on the outskirts of town?

You have an excuse that is fair enough. But do you honestly think it is acceptable that we will struggle to shift 6000 tickets for this. ?12 for an adult who can bring along under 12's free and ?6 for students and under 18's? It's ******* ridiculous.

Perhaps this puts to bed the idea that reducing prices puts more bums on seats.

Sure looks that way Geoff. If they charged full whack they would probably get the same crowd. Hearts can't really win it seems.

Ah, one of Kickback's financial gurus. Cash flow blips when you have had a ?1M windfall are only to be expected, and in no way suggest funds are being repatriated to the parent company. Your mate will blame agents shortly.

What on earth are you talking about?

Archived