Maddy Mccann

jambogaza

doctor jambo
34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You will learn as much as far as the facts and theories are concerned by reading this thread. The documentary is also a bit manipulative with for example repeated footage of the "cadaver dogs" convincing you that this was evidence, only for the whole thing to be pretty much debunked later. But you will be able to make better judgment of some of the characters involved by seeing and hearing them.

Not so the McCanns, who remain an enigma. I am not sure I have heard either  say the words "I will never forgive myself". For 99% of parents in these circumstances I think this would be their overwhelming feeling which would follow them for the rest of their lives. Perhaps they appealed to their god and he performed that act for them.

With regards to the dogs- yes what they do requires corroboration, but then again- so does all evidence.

They were not "debunked".

There remains absolutely NO evidence that she was abducted. none.

the fact she is missing does not prove she was abducted- that is merely a theory, along with everything else.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Jambo-Jimbo

• felix

• AlphonseCapone

bajthejambo
21 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Brian Kennedy's son came across as a total opportunist of on a jolly at his Dad's expense playing detective for a few weeks. 

Laughed when he spoke about judging a book by it's cover in relation to the Russian guy. The state of him for an interview for a documentary for a missing little girl? It was a bit rich.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

With regards to the dogs- yes what they do requires corroboration, but then again- so does all evidence.

They were not "debunked".

There remains absolutely NO evidence that she was abducted. none.

the fact she is missing does not prove she was abducted- that is merely a theory, along with everything else.

I agree but to rephrase ... the dogs "evidence" initially was played up as being of greater significance than it transpired to be an episode or two later. It made the documentary more dramatic I suppose. They certainly made a lot of that footage of the yelping dogs!

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Brian Kennedy's son came across as a total opportunist of on a jolly at his Dad's expense playing detective for a few weeks. 

I just didn't listen to what he said to be honest, a guy living off his Dad's wealth and obviously spoilt rotten. Got way too much airtime but I thought Brian did too to be honest. 

doctor jambo
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I just didn't listen to what he said to be honest, a guy living off his Dad's wealth and obviously spoilt rotten. Got way too much airtime but I thought Brian did too to be honest. 

Why was his sofa so huge?

or is he tiny?

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Why was his sofa so huge?

or is he tiny?

I think his sofa was huge. Don't blame him, £400 million for a guy from humble beginnings. Incredible

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Laughed when he spoke about judging a book by it's cover in relation to the Russian guy. The state of him for an interview for a documentary for a missing little girl? It was a bit rich.

He was probably fed lines by his Dad to stop him embarrassing himself

3 hours ago, AndyNic said:

I'd love the truth to come out one day. 

This guys trying to get the truth out there ;) 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

It never will, imo. 

You could well be right. People are hiding things in my opinion. Including the British guy who was a suspect, he had the look of a man protecting his back throughout. Alot of stuff about him doesn't add up, as for its because "he's like Ian Huntly" and that's lazy. I don't think it is, why try and be a saint, unless he was somehow involved and conscience wise wants it solved, which is MAYBE the case

As the old chap, who appears briefly in most episodes and talks IMO the most sense said, the police didn't follow up leads quickly enough so evidence maybe well have been burnt, destroyed etc which doesn't help either. I have a theory things happened very quickly (you have to I think with the group with the kid who didn't want them to be seen) strange actions 

indianajones

Finished the first episode and can safely say I won't be watching the rest of it. 

Pretty boring stuff imo and as others have mentioned, this thread basically sums the mystery up. 

Shite parenting btw. 

35 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Finished the first episode and can safely say I won't be watching the rest of it. 

Pretty boring stuff imo and as others have mentioned, this thread basically sums the mystery up. 

Shite parenting btw. 

Good call - I watched all 8.

Nothing new to be heard, a focus on some things for no particular reason, and ignorance of other things that appear relavent.

Very little of the McCanns being interviewed, and zero analysis of their performances in same. Lots of shots of them walking about holding hands though, about sums it up.

As others have mentioned Brian Kennedy's son was a total dipstick.

Edited by merrymac

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Good call - I watched all 8.

Nothing new to be heard, a focus on some things for no particular reason, and ignorance of other things that appear relavent.

Very little of the McCanns being interviewed, and zero analysis of their performances in same. Lots of shots of them walking about holding hands though, about sums it up.

As others have mentioned Brian Kennedy's son was a total dipstick.

Nothing new? They're not exactly going to say where she is..

Although I must admit I fast forwarded to the last 10 minutes of the last episode in hope anyway :lol:, who else did? Honest replies please

54 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Nothing new? They're not exactly going to say where she is..

Although I must admit I fast forwarded to the last 10 minutes of the last episode in hope anyway :lol:, who else did? Honest replies please

Thought that having waited all this time and the big build up they might have had some new information that had not been hashed over a million times.

Obviously did not expect to them to say where she is:unsure2: Although the guy a few posts up seems to know?

48 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Where in Edinburgh did Brian Kennedy grow up? 

Went to Tynie High School,and tried to buy the Hibs!! 

HamishMcGonagall
8 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

?? the exact same thought crossed my mind when he said that!!

Having now watched it all I’m 100% convinced the McCann’s know more than they’re letting on.

The conflicting statements, the dogs, the twins sleeping through all the commotion on the first night, but most importantly for me, there being zero evidence of abduction taking place.

haveyouheard 22
1 hour ago, The Doc said:

Having now watched it all I’m 100% convinced the McCann’s know more than they’re letting on.

The conflicting statements, the dogs, the twins sleeping through all the commotion on the first night, but most importantly for me, there being zero evidence of abduction taking place.

Same here and thats why  they wont answer what may well be awkward questions

They also have had  almost blind loyalty  from those that they drank with is strange in its self 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, The Doc said:

Totally agree.

Hired all the top people who can defend them, you wouldn't do that if you had nothing to hide.

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Totally agree.

Hired all the top people who can defend them, you wouldn't do that if you had nothing to hide.

What? If you were innocent you'd hire shite folk instead, that's nonsensical. 

• Moderators

Anyone who posts anything defamatory risks having their accounts suspended.

Please think carefully before posting.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

?

Never really thought they were involved tbh. 

The people aiming hatred and accusations at the McCann's are mostly morons who are into conspiracy theories and enjoy the drama they get from feasting on human misery.

They made a bad decision and have to live with it for the rest of their lives. 

David McCaig
On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:56, bajthejambo said:

The most alarming thing was that he couldn't say the name Madeline properly!!!

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

The people aiming hatred and accusations at the McCann's are mostly morons who are into conspiracy theories and enjoy the drama they get from feasting on human misery.

They seem to be living with it perfectly fine. Jetting all over the world paid for by the gullible public. 

53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They seem to be living with it perfectly fine. Jetting all over the world paid for by the gullible public. 

Evidence for this or did you just make it up?

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You'd hire good.

The best though who have been on the offensive throughout. It's interesting

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Well, he is now Professor McCann.

So all the turmoil has not affected his ability to study/work/ hold conferences/ get promoted

5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

So all the turmoil has not affected his ability to study/work/ hold conferences/ get promoted

Focusing on work isn't exactly unusual after major traumatic life events. I've no idea what he's had published and when. Most of it could have been before his Portuguese holiday.

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It was 12 years ago. Should he stay curled in a ball until they find the lassie alive or dead? 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Have you been living in a cave for the last 12 years. They have flown around the world, appearing on tv everywhere, and never a word of contrition from her especially. All paid for from the Madeline McCann fund, that is fact. They are a couple guilty of, at the very least, child neglect, who deserve not one ounce of sympathy or money from anyone. I have huge sympathy for their 2/3 children though.

Would a working class family have been blessed with tens of millions of pounds of public money, personal appointments with multiple prime ministers and given a special police taskforce to work on their case?

The McCanns story is a slap in the face to every other family who has ever had a child go missing.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Would a working class family have been blessed with tens of millions of pounds of public money, personal appointments with multiple prime ministers and given a special police taskforce to work on their case?

The McCanns story is a slap in the face to every other family who has ever had a child go missing.

Agreed.  I ask this, and mentioned earlier in the thread 'what makes Maddie McCann' so special. 350,000 people in UK are reported missing each year.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Can't say I learned anything at all from it, which begs the question of what the point was.

With the Steven Avery case (Making a Murderer), that tapped into a big audience who didn't really know much, if anything about it. The McCann case has been covered ad nauseum for years and I'm surprised that Metflix thought this documentary brought anything to the table.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agreed.  I ask this, and mentioned earlier in the thread 'what makes Maddie McCann' so special. 350,000 people in UK are reported missing each year.

Not in these circumstances though. A lot of people who go missing aren't really missing, they've just ****ed off somewhere else for their own reasons.

That said, the Met are taking the piss now by repeatedly asking for money and coming up with nothing so much as a suspect to question.

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Have you been living in a cave for the last 12 years. They have flown around the world, appearing on tv everywhere, and never a word of contrition from her especially. All paid for from the Madeline McCann fund, that is fact. They are a couple guilty of, at the very least, child neglect, who deserve not one ounce of sympathy or money from anyone. I have huge sympathy for their 2/3 children though.

What's your evidence that they seem to be "living with it perfectly fine?" Why would you make that up? Do you have any idea how that statement makes you look?

Why did pick particularly on Kate McCann? What's your motive with that?

Have you stopped your accusations, judgements and conspiracies long enough to consider why they've been trying to keep her name in the press? Is it really that much of a stretch to think that they hope she's still alive and hope that someone, somewhere might see, know or remember something?

Never really understood the urge that some people have to stick the boot in to the people who are at their lowest ebb. Remarkably common for some reason.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not in these circumstances though. A lot of people who go missing aren't really missing, they've just ****ed off somewhere else for their own reasons.

That said, the Met are taking the piss now by repeatedly asking for money and coming up with nothing so much as a suspect to question.

There are people out there 24/7 on a jolly.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Their wee lassie has been missing for a decade and because they didn't publicly react in a way you like, they deserve not one ounce of sympathy?

That's ****ing brutal mate. 

AlphonseCapone
20 minutes ago, Cade said:

I do agree very much with this and how the leaving the kids angle would have been a different narrative if they were working class.

I also understand how the resentment these two particular things causes can lead to folk getting particularly emotional when judging this case. Imo, they're big contributors to people's assumption they are guilty or dodgy despite little proper evidence of their guilt. I mean folk dismiss the abduction theory due to lack of evidence, how much evidence do folk think a simple abduction with an unlocked door would leave if it's properly planned, especially compared to the evidence you'd expect for killing your kid then dumping the body in foreign country in a popular holiday area. 

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can't say I learned anything at all from it, which begs the question of what the point was.

With the Steven Avery case (Making a Murderer), that tapped into a big audience who didn't really know much, if anything about it. The McCann case has been covered ad nauseum for years and I'm surprised that Metflix thought this documentary brought anything to the table.

It didn't but it did at least bring a load of data about the case in to open that was not well understood or well covered by UK media. IMO, Netflix were never going to go into sensitive areas eg Gaspar statement, deletion of phone records  (and just as important , who they were known to be in comms with in the immediate aftermath), the use of burner phones post "abduction".  The McCanns have the wealth to use (and have used) the best possible lawyers to shut down anything they don't like and have been richly compensated in the UK courts over the years. They could have shut down the UK broadcast of anything they don't like - usually under the guise of "harming the search". 

Robbo-Jambo
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I do agree very much with this and how the leaving the kids angle would have been a different narrative if they were working class.

I also understand how the resentment these two particular things causes can lead to folk getting particularly emotional when judging this case. Imo, they're big contributors to people's assumption they are guilty or dodgy despite little proper evidence of their guilt. I mean folk dismiss the abduction theory due to lack of evidence, how much evidence do folk think a simple abduction with an unlocked door would leave if it's properly planned, especially compared to the evidence you'd expect for killing your kid then dumping the body in foreign country in a popular holiday area. 

The last sentence is a really, really good point tbh.

On 19/03/2019 at 15:16, rudi must stay said:

You could well be right. People are hiding things in my opinion. Including the British guy who was a suspect, he had the look of a man protecting his back throughout. Alot of stuff about him doesn't add up, as for its because "he's like Ian Huntly" and that's lazy. I don't think it is, why try and be a saint, unless he was somehow involved and conscience wise wants it solved, which is MAYBE the case

As the old chap, who appears briefly in most episodes and talks IMO the most sense said, the police didn't follow up leads quickly enough so evidence maybe well have been burnt, destroyed etc which doesn't help either. I have a theory things happened very quickly (you have to I think with the group with the kid who didn't want them to be seen) strange actions 

Murat ?

The guy who wasn't at the scene that night but certain witnesses were adamant he was.

The guy who was set up with the connivance of UK police in Portugal so that a potential UK witness could eye ball him and who (said witness) went on to change her story about him.

The guy who was profiled as a chief suspect - by UK experts in Portugal. 

The guy who successfully sued UK newspapers for a lot of money as a result. 

Don't forget : whatever the EVRD dogs did or did not find/identify during the investigation, these dogs were brought in because UK experts suggested it and suggested they should be looking for a body. So in terms of the direction of the enquiry , it changed due to the opinions of UK experts on the ground. As for not following up leads : this is a general statement that is thrown about. Op Grange has been through every possible lead - UK paedos, dead blokes from Cape Verde, etc  : they have found nothing. 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Murat ?

The guy who wasn't at the scene that night but certain witnesses were adamant he was.

The guy who was set up with the connivance of UK police in Portugal so that a potential UK witness could eye ball him and who (said witness) went on to change her story about him.

The guy who was profiled as a chief suspect - by UK experts in Portugal. 

The guy who successfully sued UK newspapers for a lot of money as a result. 

Don't forget : whatever the EVRD dogs did or did not find/identify during the investigation, these dogs were brought in because UK experts suggested it and suggested they should be looking for a body. So in terms of the direction of the enquiry , it changed due to the opinions of UK experts on the ground. As for not following up leads : this is a general statement that is thrown about. Op Grange has been through every possible lead - UK paedos, dead blokes from Cape Verde, etc  : they have found nothing. 

You seem to be more knowledgeable about this than most of us. Interested to hear what you think happened.

My gut instinct is that the McCanns were not involved other than making a horrible decision in leaving their kids.

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Cosa within that though there just seems a detachment from them toward what happened. Almost like a celeb status enjoyment by them as opposed to giving a damn. Compare it with when Ben Needham disappeared and the family reactions were polar opposite. 

That of course could be the media portrayal but you would still think that the fact if they are innocent the are still complicit in her disappearance by making a mistake that this would come out.

doctor jambo
20 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You seem to be more knowledgeable about this than most of us. Interested to hear what you think happened.

My gut instinct is that the McCanns were not involved other than making a horrible decision in leaving their kids.

That’s what we need. A cardiologist who part way through a procedure starts making inexplicable, reckless decisions with no thought for the consequences or sods off for a meal with the anaesthetist

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Cosa within that though there just seems a detachment from them toward what happened. Almost like a celeb status enjoyment by them as opposed to giving a damn. Compare it with when Ben Needham disappeared and the family reactions were polar opposite. 

That of course could be the media portrayal but you would still think that the fact if they are innocent the are still complicit in her disappearance by making a mistake that this would come out.

I never got any hint of enjoyment from them re there fame or infamy.

The documentary also goes into detail about how they were advised by Portuguese and UK police to show as little emotion as possible in public. There were various reasons for this, especially when they believed the kid to be alive.