Maddy Mccann

jambogaza

53 minutes ago, felix said:

Is that the same ex-lead detective who thought the McCanns killed her with Calpol, then disposed of her body ?

The same detective who's suggesting a known German paedo in the area at the time, is just a scapegoat ?

Ever wonder why he was taken off the case .

Yes. 

The McCanns tried to stop him writing a book based on the published conclusions of the investigation  and initially won in the courts.

Someone in the UK started a crowdfunder and raised over £60K to pay his legal costs for an appeal so he went back to court and won.

The McCanns tried again but lost again in the Portuguese Supreme Court. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Jambo-Jimbo

• felix

• AlphonseCapone

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If you're interested in it but want to avoid the conspiracy nuts , google Mark Saukonoko. 

Didn't you recommend listening to Isabelle McFadden's conspiracy blogs, earlier in the thread ?

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yes. 

The McCanns tried to stop him writing a book based on the published conclusions of the investigation  and initially won in the courts.

Someone in the UK started a crowdfunder and raised over £60K to pay his legal costs for an appeal so he went back to court and won.

The McCanns tried again but lost again in the Portuguese Supreme Court. 

If the McCann's tried to stop him making money from a conspiracy book about their daughter's disappearance, that doesn't explain why he was removed from the case. Never wonder why ?

10 minutes ago, felix said:

Didn't you recommend listening to Isabelle McFadden's conspiracy blogs, earlier in the thread ?

If the McCann's tried to stop him making money from a conspiracy book about their daughter's disappearance, that doesn't explain why he was removed from the case. Never wonder why ?

Isabelle McFadden - yes, I used to follow her on Twitter. There are some good podcasts from the USA on the case that she did with a US radio station. She knows some stuff I've never seen any where else and has good connections back in her homeland. If people want to understand why there is such controversy , that's a good place to start. 

Amaral (the detective) - wrote the book LONG after he was removed from the case.  His book is based on the conclusions of the investigation files - this is important and often not mentioned as it doesn't suit the agenda of those who try to paint the guy as simply being out to get the parents. The McCanns tried to say he shouldn't profit from the disappearance of the child (it was pointed out, the parents HAD profited , enormously,  from the disappearance). 

I'm personally not bothered about why the detective was removed as it's whataboutery and tries to detract  from the facts/conclusion  of the investigation and allows all kinds of conspiracy nuts have their say in something that ultimately doesn't help in understanding or resolving the crime. 

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

You don’t like prawns?

:wow: 

It's a choice but he might have said he didn't like f4^^i3s

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Aye right!!!

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

More chance of me pulling on a Hibs top.

That right @Dawnrazor ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

The Mail have named him. Christian Bruekner. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8387865/Chilling-testimony-reveals-new-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-raped-tourist.html#comments

I hope they can prove it is him, to give closure. For all of us, as much as for the family.

How can they possibly prove it? They’ll have circumstantial evidence which is no stronger than the circumstantial evidence around the parents.

William H. Bonney
42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How can they possibly prove it? They’ll have circumstantial evidence which is no stronger than the circumstantial evidence around the parents.

Unless he confesses I guess we’ll never no. 

Jambo-Jimbo
28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

For me the thing which stuck out, was the mobile phone records, the police have his number and the number of a call that he received less than an hour before Maddy disappeared, which they made public as well. Why would they mention that unless it was significant, and for all we know the police could have text messages as well.

Something changed about 3 years ago, the Portuguese police seemingly looked into this guy at the time and ruled him out, then about 3 years ago the Met police received new information and that has led to today's announcement.

But I can guarantee you one thing, no matter what information the police has made public today, they'll have a lot more which they haven't made public.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

For me the thing which stuck out, was the mobile phone records, the police have his number and the number of a call that he received less than an hour before Maddy disappeared, which they made public as well. Why would they mention that unless it was significant, and for all we know the police could have text messages as well.

Something changed about 3 years ago, the Portuguese police seemingly looked into this guy at the time and ruled him out, then about 3 years ago the Met police received new information and that has led to today's announcement.

But I can guarantee you one thing, no matter what information the police has made public today, they'll have a lot more which they haven't made public.

Let’s be honest - the odds are that they’ve got very little in private and this story will peter out again until the government gives the investigation yet more funding.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let’s be honest - the odds are that they’ve got very little in private and this story will peter out again until the government gives the investigation yet more funding.

That is something neither of us could know, time will tell, one way or another.

According to pretty much every doc I've seen they make out that the resort was like Pontins for Paedophiles. This fella looks a pretty decent suspect from the little they're releasing, however he's not the only one who was there. Sure there was a guy heavily involved in the search and doing publicity for it it that was a decent suspect but nope. Time will tell I suppose

On 03/06/2020 at 20:15, Dawnrazor said:

I wonder if her parents managed to stay in during the lockdown?

Probably not, but they’ll have made a mental note to be fair. 

Well. I hope in a morbid way this is the guy, that he will confess and maybe even lead police to her remains. Finally some closure to this very sad affair. Poor wee lassie, what a shame. 

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Truly, they will never know.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Well. I hope in a morbid way this is the guy, that he will confess and maybe even lead police to her remains. Finally some closure to this very sad affair. Poor wee lassie, what a shame. 

From Bathgate.

For year's we had, " Vicky Hamilton"

Vicky wasnt a Bathgate

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, Irufushi said:

How they never got jail is beyond me, pair of slimy *******s.

Because they are middle class doctors. If Gerry was a bin man for the council and Kate a dinner lady things would be rather different 

17 hours ago, Irufushi said:

A more arrogant, odious pair you’re unlikely to ever come across. 
It’s sad, because their whole attitude has blinded a lot of people, myself included, to the bigger picture, which is obviously what happened to the poor wee lassie.

Fitzroy Pointon
17 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Now I don't believe everything I read or listen to but Sonia Poulton's documentary on this interesting. I think it's on YouTube but has no doubt been hidden away somewhere.

She said one time that her opinion is that Gerry McCann is a psychopath and that Kate is the victim of childhood sexual abuse. I'm no psychiatrist but Gerry has always struck me as having something evil behind those eyes. A very unshakable guy. Kate looks like she could be very easily manipulated. 

Slimy *******s the pair if them IMO. 

18 hours ago, felix said:

Is that the same ex-lead detective who thought the McCanns killed her with Calpol, then disposed of her body ?

The same detective who's suggesting a known German paedo in the area at the time, is just a scapegoat ?

Ever wonder why he was taken off the case .

The first sentence is more likely than the second imo.

18 hours ago, felix said:

No, you're doing this wrong.

The McCanns are scum. :thumbsup:

They are certainly guilty of child neglect at the very minimum

The Internet
13 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Now I don't believe everything I read or listen to but Sonia Poulton's documentary on this interesting. I think it's on YouTube but has no doubt been hidden away somewhere.

She said one time that her opinion is that Gerry McCann is a psychopath and that Kate is the victim of childhood sexual abuse. I'm no psychiatrist but Gerry has always struck me as having something evil behind those eyes. A very unshakable guy. Kate looks like she could be very easily manipulated. 

Slimy *******s the pair if them IMO. 

Think that's a stretch tbh :lol: looking for things that aren't there. they're just a middle class couple who thought they could leave their kids alone in a hotel room at night because 'it'll never happen to us'. They made a horrendous mistake and paid the ultimate price. 

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Tott said:

From Bathgate.

For year's we had, " Vicky Hamilton"

Vicky wasnt a Bathgate

Was it Peter Torbin who eventually got captured for that? Evil *****. 
The one that always really struck me was Caroline Hogg. What is the matter with people. 
Actually watched a documentary about James Bulger last night. What an evil pair that Thompson and Venables were. Robert Thompson came across like a right horrible little psychopath if the portrayal was anything to go by in it. 
Unbelievable what happened to that little boy at the hands of two 10 year olds. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

They are certainly guilty of child neglect at the very minimum

and if you're right, they've paid the ultimate price.

Anthony Bennett tried to prosecute them, for the charges you think they're guilty of.

Time to move on.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Think that's a stretch tbh :lol: looking for things that aren't there. they're just a middle class couple who thought they could leave their kids alone in a hotel room at night because 'it'll never happen to us'. They made a horrendous mistake and paid the ultimate price. 

A horrendous mistake that they repeated night upon night during that holiday. Once is a mistake, 3-4 times is serious neglect at least. 

1 hour ago, felix said:

and if you're right, they've paid the ultimate price.

Anthony Bennett tried to prosecute them, for the charges you think they're guilty of.

Time to move on.

If they weren't still living off the money donated to their cause everyone could move on. It's a disgrace the money that has been spent on them when hundreds of other kids are left missing.

58 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

A horrendous mistake that they repeated night upon night during that holiday. Once is a mistake, 3-4 times is serious neglect at least. 

Exactly, a point people are too scared to mention publicly due to the power these two seem to have.

Fitzroy Pointon
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Exactly, a point people are too scared to mention publicly due to the power these two seem to have.

When we go on holiday with the wee one we dont make a habit of going out at night but when we do, the wee one is in the buggy with us if were having a few drinks. Never out of sight. We would never dream of leaving her in the apartment to go to the bar for a bevy even if we were checking on her. 

But then again we're not middle class GPs and surgeons so our kids don't come second to our hob-nobbing with our friends. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Was it Peter Torbin who eventually got captured for that? Evil *****. 
The one that always really struck me was Caroline Hogg. What is the matter with people. 
Actually watched a documentary about James Bulger last night. What an evil pair that Thompson and Venables were. Robert Thompson came across like a right horrible little psychopath if the portrayal was anything to go by in it. 
Unbelievable what happened to that little boy at the hands of two 10 year olds. 

bit off topic but venables seems to be in trouble every few years, yet we dont hear about thompson. i get the impression that venables led thompson and possibly manipulated him into committing that horrendous crime. That doesn't diminish his responsibility but could explain the differences between what they seem to be doing now

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

bit off topic but venables seems to be in trouble every few years, yet we dont hear about thompson. i get the impression that venables led thompson and possibly manipulated him into committing that horrendous crime. That doesn't diminish his responsibility but could explain the differences between what they seem to be doing now

Yeah possibly mate. They both kind of blamed each other if this thing was anything like accurate but it was the way Thompson acted during the questioning. For a ten year guilty of something this bad was disturbing. 
You can’t imagine what their parents went through either sitting listening to them confess. 
Harrowing stuff. 

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not just them - their group of friends too. The McCann's were the ones who suffered the loss but could have happened to any of their friends. Their actions were no different. 

fabienleclerq
17 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

When we go on holiday with the wee one we dont make a habit of going out at night but when we do, the wee one is in the buggy with us if were having a few drinks. Never out of sight. We would never dream of leaving her in the apartment to go to the bar for a bevy even if we were checking on her. 

But then again we're not middle class GPs and surgeons so our kids don't come second to our hob-nobbing with our friends. 

Still can't get my head around them leaving 3 under fives alone in a hotel room and that's before you add in that MM had a tenancy to wake up during the night. 

On holiday my bairns never out my site and I'm even on edge to a degree if another family member is watching him and not me! 

Going by what I've read and saw on TV recently, they might be piecing together other cases from a possible 25 year crime wave, since 1995 I think. 

Whilst they will be asking him questions entirely based on Maddies case, I would think they would also consider other possible similar cases that might link it all together.  1 close possible link is the 5 yr old German girl that went missing in  German woods, both dates they went missing were in May, one was May 2, once was May 3.  They might find other kids that went missing from similar dates.

The guy that's being accused also has a rape case against an OAP women 70 or 80 yr old.  That might get investigated as well to see how many others he's made victims.

A  psyche evaluation can be found from possible other cases and not just asking questions or observing, but that's what they will be doing as well.

So, unless he confesses fully I wont be expecting any justice soon.  Although he might let some information go, but they never give it all away.  I think it's entirely possible there are lots, lots more victims.

Mac_fae_Gillie
13 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Still can't get my head around them leaving 3 under fives alone in a hotel room and that's before you add in that MM had a tenancy to wake up during the night. 

On holiday my bairns never out my site and I'm even on edge to a degree if another family member is watching him and not me! 

I agree fully.. But also think back to when I was a kid we were in Butlins Minehead( 72/73 ish) and our parents left us alone to go to the bar/nightlife centre whilst we stayed in a flipping cabin 500yds away even had to exit cabin for 100yd trek to toilet  we were about 4 and 7.. Never considered my parents bad but crazy decisions are made by many making pure assumptions that "it'll be OK"

Jambo-Jimbo

If it turned out that this German guy was responsible for Maddie's disappearance, then things could get very difficult for the Portuguese Police and Goncalo Amaral the ex-head detective in particular. 

Turns out that the Portuguese Police investigated this German guy at the time of Maddie's disappearence and ruled him out, now I don't know how well they investigated him or for how long, but with a criminal record as long as your arm, I'd have thought that he'd have been brought in for questioning and that his house & grounds thoroughly searched, I dread to think if they weren't searched, I dread to think that she could have been there, she could have still been alive.

Meanwhile Goncalo Amaral had already made his mind up, it was the parents and nothing it seems was going to change his mind from that assumption.

I just hope that they can finally get to the bottom of this case.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 05/06/2020 at 15:12, milky_26 said:

I think Thompson was seen as the more extreme deviant of the two - but since his release, he seems to have completely disappeared and kept his head down. Venables has been in trouble several times and you can understand why the Bulger family are sick of the protection he’s been given

Dusk_Till_Dawn

As for this German shithouse, not sure how the legal system works in Germany but given the way the authorities have publicised his name and his track record, it won’t be very difficult for him to argue that he won’t get a fair trial. They’re effectively saying - could this despicable peado possibly be innocent? 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As for this German shithouse, not sure how the legal system works in Germany but given the way the authorities have publicised his name and his track record, it won’t be very difficult for him to argue that he won’t get a fair trial. They’re effectively saying - could this despicable peado possibly be innocent? 

German authorities are refusing to give his name.

Every man and his dug now know the guys name but it didn't come from the Germans.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Malinga the Swinga

At best, the MCann's are guilty of child neglect and contributed to the kidnap and probable death of their daughter. How they live with that on at daily basis is unthinkable.

At worst, well we all know what the worst is. How they live with that is unthinkable.

While it would provide some form of relief for them if they find out from German police that this guy took daughter, it does not excuse their behaviour in the time leading up to this whole situation. With proper care and attention, they would most likely still have their complete family and each and every night, they have to face this. I don't know how they sleep at night.

53 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Misleading headline. Should read ‘no evidence’

Says he has evidence but no body. No idea what the evidence could be but they seem really confident they are onto this guy