Maddy Mccann

jambogaza

1 minute ago, Elmore said:

It does come across as inverted snobbery. You can understand why people feel like that. Though, is that the McCanns fault or the press?  In some peoples eyes they got an easy time on the neglect part.  If not neglect, leaving the kids alone for more than one night is extremely irresponsible.  I personally feel it's nothing but neglect.  

Then legally, you'd be wrong.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Jambo-Jimbo

• felix

• AlphonseCapone

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Dreadful post. It's like McCann bingo. Those who point a finger at someone else - especially as incessantly as so many do on here in this case - have four fingers pointing back at themselves.

Or, to put it another way:

I don't get this post or the article you posted either. Why can't someone form an opinion of the McCanns without having to frantically worry about or defend their own parenting skills?

It is utter nonsense based on completely nothing other than another media journo trying to defend the McCanns. 

Why are McCanns so defensive ?? have been from the off.Daddy refused to speak out publicly  by all accounts  as he had been warned he could land up with a 2yr stretch in a Portugal jail (the maximum sentence and unlikely.Like that would put you off, sure did him.

Get them on a Jeremy Kyle lie detector show or a Pearce Morgan no holds bar nighttime special I say

Edited by jambo1961

Were the McCanns shite parents? Yes. Is it a bit unfair on the all the other kids that are missing,  that so much has been spent on Maddie? Yes. 

But, the fact is, a little girl is missing/dead through no fault of her own. Trying to get justice for the wee girl is a good thing. I don't think the extra funds will help but for the lassies sake, we've got to try. I get we can't throw notes at it indefinitely but if there are still lines of inquiry that need finished, we should finish them. 

shaun.lawson
24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I don't get this post or the article you posted either. Why can't someone form an opinion of the McCanns without having to frantically worry about or defend their own parenting skills?

It is utter nonsense based on completely nothing other than another media journo trying to defend the McCanns. 

Because in most cases on here, people have formed such a cynical, negative, judgemental opinion of the McCanns in order to defend their parenting skills. That's how groupthink works.

It is safe to say that no parent on the face of the Earth has never made a mistake. Many even good parents have made quite serious mistakes. It's just that, fortunately for them, there were no consequences to those; unfortunately for the McCanns, there were. Lifelong ones.

Edited by shaun.lawson

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Because in most cases on here, people have formed such a cynical, negative, judgemental opinion of the McCanns in order to defend their parenting skills. That's how groupthink works.

It is safe to say that no parent on the face of the Earth has never made a mistake. Many even good parents have made quite serious mistakes. It's just that, fortunately for them, there were no consequences to those; unfortunately for the McCanns, there were. Lifelong ones.

What about people that aren't parents then? What are they defending?

Amateur, pseudo science nonsense your spouting. 

59 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii...they are hurting badly right enough. Making absolute fortunes from their daughters death. Who hires a publicist and expert spin doctor right after learning of their daughters disappearance?  Countless TV,  newspaper and radio interviews, Documentaries and books. Their attitude and demeanor in the close aftermath didn't seem like grieving parents. Gerry McCann was out seeing playing tennis soon after ffs. They refused to cooperate with the Portuguese investigation. 

You bash on defending these people but the fault lies with them. Whether they did the deed or not and their attitude since has been nothing short of discraceful. 

You’ve absolutely nailed it. 

34 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'd like to ask you Shaun. After the event, have the McCanns handled everything right?  

shaun.lawson
31 minutes ago, Elmore said:

I'd like to ask you Shaun. After the event, have the McCanns handled everything right?  

I have no idea. Because not having been in that situation, I don't know how I'd react if something so awful ever happened to me or a loved one. 

People seem to be asking genuine and justified questions about things like refusing to talk to the Portuguese authorities.  It seems that they didn't. 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

What about people that aren't parents then? What are they defending?

Amateur, pseudo science nonsense your spouting. 

Oh, they're still defending themselves, even in those cases.

Without wishing to plagiarise the views of another poster when this was discussed previously - it's just that what he said rang so incredibly true - many parents (and even non-parents) compete with each other online to show what perfect parents or prospective parents they are. This means that no-one could ever acknowledge having themselves made mistakes, let alone big mistakes. Because if they do, angry judgement from the mob invariably follows.

Much the same phenomenon could be seen when Craig Thomson was discussed all those years back. "As a parent..." was the constant prelude to a competition over who could sound angriest, most disgusted, most sickened. As you're doing here.

Above, you attack a father whose child was either abducted or murdered for giving TV and radio interviews about his missing daughter; you seem to hold him personally responsible for the media's continued interest; you state that "their attitude and demeanour in the aftermath didn't seem like grieving parents" (George Orwell, eat your heart out); you even have a problem with Mr McCann playing tennis. Unreal.

In response, another poster told you "you've absolutely nailed it". And why? Because on some issues, people are just too plain scared to stick out from the crowd on anything. Usually because they're absolutely terrified of what they might find out.

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

As the link mentions, a critical line of inquiry is still being followed by the British and Portuguese police. It would be rather odd to just arbitrarily cut off funds for that line of inquiry.

In the meantime, should, perish the thought, any of my friends who have children ever endure the horrors of what the McCanns have, I must be sure to remind them not to publicise their case or make continued appeals. Because:

1. This would be to prioritise their disappeared loved ones over others, which is clearly shameful. They should shut up and know their place.

2. My friends are educated and - this bit's truly disgusting - middle class. The lowest of the low, in other words, for which they should rot in hell forever.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you ever piss off for a night of eating and drinking leaving 3 kids alone in a strange room, the oldest of them being 3 years old, then I would hope you were locked up. 

27 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I have no idea. Because not having been in that situation, I don't know how I'd react if something so awful ever happened to me or a loved one. 

So you would happily leave your 3 children alone for hours and go off drinking.  That is the whole point, a point you refuse to see. Actually xxxx it, on ignore till you xxxx off again

shaun.lawson
20 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

many parents (and even non-parents) compete with each other online to show what perfect parents or prospective parents they are...

...a competition over who could sound angriest, most disgusted, most sickened. 

See XB52's posts above for instant proof. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

See XB52's posts above for instant proof. 

As a parent, people with filthy attitudes like you make me sick.

Litrily (sic)

Fisicly (sic)

Sic (sic)

So to speak.

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Oh, they're still defending themselves, even in those cases.

Without wishing to plagiarise the views of another poster when this was discussed previously - it's just that what he said rang so incredibly true - many parents (and even non-parents) compete with each other online to show what perfect parents or prospective parents they are. This means that no-one could ever acknowledge having themselves made mistakes, let alone big mistakes. Because if they do, angry judgement from the mob invariably follows.

Much the same phenomenon could be seen when Craig Thomson was discussed all those years back. "As a parent..." was the constant prelude to a competition over who could sound angriest, most disgusted, most sickened. As you're doing here.

Above, you attack a father whose child was either abducted or murdered for giving TV and radio interviews about his missing daughter; you seem to hold him personally responsible for the media's continued interest; you state that "their attitude and demeanour in the aftermath didn't seem like grieving parents" (George Orwell, eat your heart out); you even have a problem with Mr McCann playing tennis. Unreal.

In response, another poster told you "you've absolutely nailed it". And why? Because on some issues, people are just too plain scared to stick out from the crowd on anything. Usually because they're absolutely terrified of what they might find out.

Playing tennis a week after your daughter goes missing is normal behavior in your world?

The Portuguese investigation team thought something wasn't right with the McCanns and didn't trust them, the majority of the people i know think something isn't right with them, the majority of this forum it would seem agrees with me. Yet you insult us by stating that we can't think clearly because we are trying to compete with each other to show who the best parent is? Are you just completely immune to this apparent affliction oh mighty one?

I have followed this case very closely, have studied the evidence, the McCann files, watched the documentaries and have come to the conclusion they are creeps. I can think for myself and don't go out of the way to impress other parents on internet forums. 

You have an interesting posting style and I may be picking you up wrong but you come across as rather condescending. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

doctor jambo

Lady leaves baby in car while gets cash, car rolls into river.

i understand what she did- careless but human.

couple leave babies and toddler unwatched and distressed night after night whilst they carouse.

crying and alone. One goes missing. I don't understand that. Crosses the unlucky- but- careless line into reckless and negligent.

we all make mistakes, we are not all negligent

Konrad von Carstein
23 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Playing tennis a week after your daughter goes missing is normal behavior in your world?

The Portuguese investigation team thought something wasn't right with the McCanns and didn't trust them, the majority of the people i know think something isn't right with them, the majority of this forum it would seem agrees with me. Yet you insult us by stating that we can't think clearly because we are trying to compete with each other to show who the best parent is? Are you just completely immune to this apparent affliction oh mighty one?

I have followed this case very closely, have studied the evidence, the McCann files, watched the documentaries and have come to the conclusion they are creeps. I can think for myself and don't go out of the way to impress other parents on internet forums. 

You have an interesting posting style and I may be picking you up wrong but you come across as rather condescending. 

:arry:

shaun.lawson
28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Given you've followed the case closely, why haven't you acknowledged the following? From the link explaining that the police were still pursuing "a critical line of inquiry":

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39706194

(Rowley) said UK and Portuguese detectives were doing "a critical piece of work and we don't want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly".

But he added that "there was no reason whatsoever" to suspect Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.

"However she left that apartment, she's been abducted," he said. "This is a young girl who is missing."

He said: "We've got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those."

So you know better than the British and Portuguese detectives working on the case who believe there is "no reason whatsoever" to suspect the McCanns? Yet I'm the condescending one? Right. 

PS. The day we conclude that someone playing tennis a week after their child disappeared must've been responsible for said disappearance is the day the world truly goes mad.

shaun.lawson
20 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

:arry:

1. Didn't take long, did it? :lol:

2. I'd rather be considered "condescending" than attack two parents who lost their child on how they grieved in public afterwards any day of the week.

Jambo-Jimbo

All I have to say is that neither myself nor my wife have ever ever ever left any of our kids alone on holiday, period, unlike the McCann's who left their kids alone, and went for drinky poos with their mates, not just once but several nights on the trot, even to the point of ignoring the pleas from Maddy not to do it again, after she had woken up the previous night and got upset wondering where her Mummy & Daddy were.  Responsible parents, don't make me laugh, because the simple fact is if they had looked after their kids instead of thinking about themselves, none of this would ever have happened.

40 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Given you've followed the case closely, why haven't you acknowledged the following? From the link explaining that the police were still pursuing "a critical line of inquiry":

(Rowley) said UK and Portuguese detectives were doing "a critical piece of work and we don't want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly".

But he added that "there was no reason whatsoever" to suspect Madeleine's parents were involved in her disappearance.

"However she left that apartment, she's been abducted," he said. "This is a young girl who is missing."

He said: "We've got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those."

So you know better than the British and Portuguese detectives working on the case who believe there is "no reason whatsoever" to suspect the McCanns? Yet I'm the condescending one? Right. 

PS. The day we conclude that someone playing tennis a week after their child disappeared must've been responsible for said disappearance is the day the world truly goes mad.

Considering the original team of investigators had them down as suspects or "Arguido" shows they did have a case to answer. Kate McCann decided to not answer a single question. 

Anyways - please point out where i once said I believe they are guilty of murdering Maddie? I said I have my suspicions but I couldn't for one second conclude they are guilty. They probably didn't do it but that doesn't for one second make them any less culpable in her death. And that is what is important here they are guilty of neglect. Their actions led to horrific consequences which they have not been punished for. No amount of guilt or shame on their part can make up for what has happened to their daughter.  

And you have not answered my question...is playing tennis a week after your daughter is abducted normal behavior or not?

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Shaun, read the Portuguese case files and then come back. The first bit above is a complete contradiction of  the findings in Portugal - as per all the case files which have been released. 

The Scotland Yard "review", for that is what it is (it's not an investigation) proceeds on the basis that the last people to see her alive are not suspects and have not even been interviewed. 

As for the second bit : there's a great pic of the dad just a few days after the event in which he is laughing away without a care in the world , it's taken on a day when he's been told there is a ransom case for his daughter.  Scotland Yard detectives are quoted in the press about his casual behaviour. 

In short, you have no clue about this case. 

If you are going to insist on replying then carry on but i won't waste my time in reading it. 

***********************************************************************************************

PS Given you've followed the case closely, why haven't you acknowledged the following? From the link explaining that the police were still pursuing "a critical line of inquiry":

Here's some food for thought. The last time Scotland Yard was pursuing anyone (ie this time last year) they were looking for " a woman in purple" - this would be the woman that was NAMED in a statement 10 years ago as "wearing purple" ?  That woman is Jane Tanner -  and you know who she is , don't you. She is Gerry's mate. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Considering the original team of investigators had them down as suspects or "Arguido" shows they did have a case to answer. Kate McCann decided to not answer a single question. 

Anyways - please point out where i once said I believe they are guilty of murdering Maddie? I said I have my suspicions but I couldn't for one second conclude they are guilty. They probably didn't do it but that doesn't for one second make them any less culpable in her death. And that is what is important here they are guilty of neglect. Their actions led to horrific consequences which they have not been punished for. No amount of guilt or shame on their part can make up for what has happened to their daughter.  

And you have not answered my question...is playing tennis a week after your daughter is abducted normal behavior or not?

I have no idea. I've not been in that situation. And I naturally hope never to be so. I cannot judge someone else for how they grieve in public. Every individual on this Earth has a different emotional make-up - and your comment above reminded me of televised trials in the US, in which the public judge guilt or innocence on whether the accused cries enough. 

Yes, they are guilty of neglect - but yes, they have been punished. They have a life sentence to serve for making one very big mistake. They also have half the internet believing they killed their daughter, and judging them for more or less everything under the sun.

I know I come across as condescending sometimes, or even more than sometimes. But here's why. It's because I think the attitude of much of the public is, on this and very many other things, so plain mean. Staggeringly so in many cases. Meanness is the thing I can't stand maybe more than anything in the world. That's true, incidentally, of all the very good parents I know: the one thing they can't abide is mean behaviour from their children.

Yet when we grow up, so many of us turn into these endlessly judgemental arseholes. I don't mean you in that; I mean generally. Sometimes I think people won't be happy unless the McCanns top themselves. They lost their child for heaven's sake; the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone.

And given that UNICEF found that British children are the unhappiest in the Western world (and those findings were before austerity made things a whole lot worse), it's an absolute cast iron certainty that there are bazillions of neglectful (much, much more neglectful than the McCanns) parents out there, none of whom have to suffer these consequences in the public eye.

Edited by shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

As for the second bit : there's a great pic of the dad just a few days after the event in which he is laughing away without a care in the world , it's taken on a day when he's been told there is a ransom case for his daughter.  Scotland Yard detectives are quoted in the press about his casual behaviour. 

Christ, you're doing it too. A picture of him laughing? And? :mellow:

Are you arguing that the Scotland Yard review is proceeding just for the fun of it?

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I have no idea. I've not been in that situation. And I naturally hope never to be so. I cannot judge someone else for how they grieve in public. Every individual on this Earth has a different emotional make-up - and your comment above reminded me of televised trials in the US, in which the public judge guilt or innocence on whether the accused cries enough. 

Yes, they are guilty of neglect - but yes, they have been punished. They have a life sentence to serve for making one very big mistake. They also have half the internet believing they killed their daughter, and judging them for more or less everything under the sun.

I know I come across as condescending sometimes, or even more than sometimes. But here's why. It's because I think the attitude of much of the public is, on this and very many other things, so plain mean. Staggeringly so in many cases. Meanness is the thing I can't stand maybe more than anything in the world. That's true, incidentally, of all the very good parents I know: the one thing they can't abide is mean behaviour from their children.

Yet when we grow up, so many of us turn into these endlessly judgemental arseholes. I don't mean you in that; I mean generally. Sometimes I think people won't be happy unless the McCanns top themselves. They lost their child for heaven's sake; the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone.

And given that UNICEF found that British children are the unhappiest in the Western world (and those findings were before austerity made things a whole lot worse), it's an absolute cast iron certainty that there are bazillions of neglectful (much, much more neglectful than the McCanns) parents out there, none of whom have to suffer these consequences in the public eye.

No , they have not. 

How do you know ?- apart from the conspiracy loons, most rational people go with the Portuguese police findings - they covered it up (that's not to say "it's a cover up").

Let's go to Portugal and spend all day in a ****ing creche cos our parents are doing their stuff all week. Oh, the irony.  

G'night Shaun. 

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Christ, you're doing it too. A picture of him laughing? And? :mellow:

Are you arguing that the Scotland Yard review is proceeding just for the fun of it?

Stop wasting my time. You don't have the faintest idea about the facts of the case or what SY are actually doing (or are legally empowered to do) on this case. 

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Stop wasting my time. You don't have the faintest idea about the facts of the case or what SY are actually doing (or are legally empowered to do) on this case. 

I don't think you do either. 

PS. "If you are going to insist on replying then carry on but i won't waste my time in reading it." How's that workin' out for ya? 

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I don't think you do either. 

PS. "If you are going to insist on replying then carry on but i won't waste my time in reading it." How's that workin' out for ya? 

Based on what ? 

PS Your opening statement demonstrates my point -  "I don't think you do "either". 

Happy to debate the case all day & all night .  Just pm me and  save yourself the embarrassment. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Are you drunk or just taking the piss Shaun?

7 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

Are you drunk or just taking the piss Shaun?

Utterly delusional posting.

Incredible to see really. Sad, but incredible.

Edited by peter_hmfc

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Utterly delusional posting.

Incredible to see really. Sad, but incredible.

If you don't believe that there are many, many far more neglectful parents out there than the McCanns, then it's you who is delusional. Simple. 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

If you don't believe that there are many, many far more neglectful parents out there than the McCanns, then it's you who is delusional. Simple. 

Do these "far more neglectful parents" go to the boozer on holiday whilst leaving their kids in a strange apartment?

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

If you think that "it's an absolute cast iron certainty that there are bazillions of neglectful parents (much, much more neglectful than the McCanns)" in the UK than those who left their 3 year old daughter on their own in a foreign country while they went for a piss-up then yes, you are certainly delusional.

A lot of British children might be unhappy but being left alone in a foreign country whilst mummy and daddy get tanked is a whole new ball game.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

Do these "far more neglectful parents" go to the boozer on holiday whilst leaving their kids in a strange apartment?

These far more neglectful parents do all sorts of appalling things all the time. Which is why social services are always utterly overwhelmed and invariably, can barely scratch the surface in terms of the enormity of it.

Child abuse is hidden. Very few people have any idea what may or may not be going on behind closed doors. Horrific numbers of children suffer in silence. And just out of interest, when UNICEF found that British children were the unhappiest in the Western world, did you even think about it... even for a moment? What kind of society must Britain be to preside over such unhappy kids?

Something else too. There will be some posters on here who are neglectful parents. There will be others, some of whose friends are neglectful parents... and they won't ever know about it. Because questioning our friends' parenting skills is the ultimate social taboo.

Doctor FinnBarr
3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

These far more neglectful parents do all sorts of appalling things all the time. Which is why social services are always utterly overwhelmed and invariably, can barely scratch the surface in terms of the enormity of it.

Child abuse is hidden. Very few people have any idea what may or may not be going on behind closed doors. Horrific numbers of children suffer in silence. And just out of interest, when UNICEF found that British children were the unhappiest in the Western world, did you even think about it... even for a moment? What kind of society must Britain be to preside over such unhappy kids?

Something else too. There will be some posters on here who are neglectful parents. There will be others, some of whose friends are neglectful parents... and they won't ever know about it. Because questioning our friends' parenting skills is the ultimate social taboo.

How ****in dare you accuse some posters of neglect without a bit of proof

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, XB52 said:

If you ever piss off for a night of eating and drinking leaving 3 kids alone in a strange room, the oldest of them being 3 years old, then I would hope you were locked up. 

This

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

That all may be true but parents who are neglectful and found out are prosecuted. These two continue to swan around with impunity.

shaun.lawson
26 minutes ago, bikerjambo said:

How ****in dare you accuse some posters of neglect without a bit of proof

Beyond parody.

Many Scottish kids are being brought up in squalor by addictive parents, witnessing appalling scenes and subjected to physical and emotional abuse on a daily basis. This problem is largely hidden until brought to public attention when a tragedy occurs. These kids situation should be monitored and children taken into care where abuse or sub-standard living conditions are found, but the enormity of the problem means this will not happen. If it was monitored as it should a lot more cases would come to light. But in truth the care system could not deal with it. The McCann case has been highlighted over many years, whatever the view is on that there is a big problem on our own doorstep. I do not see a solution, but maybe we could do better.

Carl Fredrickson
4 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

:rofl::rofl:

:pleasing:

At least he has that Belgium vs Wales DVD to keep him occupied though, that and spewing absolute shite online.

I thought it was a VHS recording? :) 

Bazzilions of British parents worse than the McCanns :rofl:

This character is the worst troll I have ever come across. And it seems he has a history of utter bullshite which I have missed. 

Congratulations Shaun you are officially the biggest gobshite I have ever come across on internet forums.