• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Jambo-Jimbo

• felix

• AlphonseCapone

AlphonseCapone

Jesus. What's the total cost to British taxpayers now? It's either spent on all or none. 

doctor jambo

£11.3 millionn

Investigating an abduction there is no evidence ever happened.

No forensics, no crime scene evidence, no witnesses.

Not a single shred that supports the abduction theory

jack D and coke

You have to ask why they get all this “help”

Is it because they hope the McCanns will crack? Keep them in the limelight until they make a mistake? 

I cant think of any other reason personally. 

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

I'm in Portugal, I'll find her for €10

On the peev already son. 

:sadrobbo:

Sweet?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It the complete lack of results or progress that gets me. At what stage does someone demand that the Met comes up with something?

Tynecastle Valhalla

I’m going against the grain but I’ve watched the program and read a lot about the case and I don’t think the parents did it.

They were careless leaving the kids like they did of course.

Gerry isn’t a likeable character but doesn’t mean they are fully responsible. Must be so awful to lose a child.

4 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

I’m going against the grain but I’ve watched the program and read a lot about the case and I don’t think the parents did it.

They were careless leaving the kids like they did of course.

Gerry isn’t a likeable character but doesn’t mean they are fully responsible. Must be so awful to lose a child.

If they came from Pilton they'd have been arrested.

I've no idea if they're responsible for her abduction or worse but I don't know anyone who has left three kids of those ages alone in a strange apartment whilst on holiday for any length of time. Even if I was nipping back to the pool for something I'd forgotten I'd have taken mine wi me.

5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Pair of snakes. Dunno how they sleep at night. 

On a big pile of money probably!

Shameless cretins!

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If they came from Pilton they'd have been arrested.

I've no idea if they're responsible for her abduction or worse but I don't know anyone who has left three kids of those ages alone in a strange apartment whilst on holiday for any length of time. Even if I was nipping back to the pool for something I'd forgotten I'd have taken mine wi me.

Instead, they got an audience with Obama and another with the Pope as a reward for being selfish, shitty parents.

What staggered me - guilt or innocence notwithstanding - was how quickly an army of PR folk and support from the UK plod was mobilised for this pair, followed by the most hostile attitude towards anyone who said one word or asked even the simplest of questions. Where most of us would have done anything to get our kid back in such circumstances, their hostility to the press and police was at absolute odds to that desire. At the very least, you'd expect them to be glued to their other kids and not letting them out of their sight.

Instead, this pair played tennis.  

Jambo-Jimbo

Watched the Pledge on Sky News last night, a programme I don't tend to watch very often, anyway the question of further funding being given to the Met came up and Michelle Dewberry raised the spectre of class being at the heart of why the Met are still being funded when there is no evidence whatsoever that Maddie is alive etc etc etc. 

Dewberry gave a really good analogy and it's one which has been said by many on here and elsewhere.

She said that if this had been two shop workers who were on holiday and staying in a caravan with their kids and they had went off to the boozer and left the kids alone in the caravan and one went missing, do you think £12m would have been spent looking for the missing kid.

I think we all know the answer to that, indeed I'll go further and say that the parents would have been charged with neglect and the their other kids would have been taken off them.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Watched the Pledge on Sky News last night, a programme I don't tend to watch very often, anyway the question of further funding being given to the Met came up and Michelle Dewberry raised the spectre of class being at the heart of why the Met are still being funded when there is no evidence whatsoever that Maddie is alive etc etc etc. 

Dewberry gave a really good analogy and it's one which has been said by many on here and elsewhere.

She said that if this had been two shop workers who were on holiday and staying in a caravan with their kids and they had went off to the boozer and left the kids alone in the caravan and one went missing, do you think £12m would have been spent looking for the missing kid.

I think we all know the answer to that, indeed I'll go further and say that the parents would have been charged with neglect and the their other kids would have been taken off them.

In a nutshell.

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Instead, they got an audience with Obama and another with the Pope as a reward for being selfish, shitty parents.

What staggered me - guilt or innocence notwithstanding - was how quickly an army of PR folk and support from the UK plod was mobilised for this pair, followed by the most hostile attitude towards anyone who said one word or asked even the simplest of questions. Where most of us would have done anything to get our kid back in such circumstances, their hostility to the press and police was at absolute odds to that desire. At the very least, you'd expect them to be glued to their other kids and not letting them out of their sight.

Instead, this pair played tennis.  

That has has always struck me. She went for a run, he played tennis....I was simply lost for words when I heard that. I lost my daughter in a really busy place for about 30 minutes when she was about 5 and it was a horrible half hour. I reckon I’d have bought a gun and shot myself if I’d lost her. Played tennis?!? ****ing hell man. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That has has always struck me. She went for a run, he played tennis....I was simply lost for words when I heard that. I lost my daughter in a really busy place for about 30 minutes when she was about 5 and it was a horrible half hour. I reckon I’d have bought a gun and shot myself if I’d lost her. Played tennis?!? ****ing hell man. 

30 minutes would seem like an eternity in these circumstances.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

30 minutes would seem like an eternity in these circumstances.

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s a feeling I hope I never experience again. First few mins you’re like aw where are you then when I started asking if anybody had seen a little girl with a red dress on and nobody had seen her you get a feeling in the pit of your stomach that I can’t describe. I wouldn’t be fit for anything like a game of ****ing tennis a day or two later put it that way it would’ve been the end of me. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s a feeling I hope I never experience again. First few mins you’re like aw where are you then when I started asking if anybody had seen a little girl with a red dress on and nobody had seen her you get a feeling in the pit of your stomach that I can’t describe. I wouldn’t be fit for anything like a game of ****ing tennis a day or two later put it that way it would’ve been the end of me. 

Absolutely brutal.Playing tennis, dearie me.

andrewjambo

Kate going for a run and Gerry playing tennis is fake news - it didn't happen and is one of almost a hundred press allegations that they successfully sued the papers for in their defamation case.

3 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

Kate going for a run and Gerry playing tennis is fake news - it didn't happen and is one of almost a hundred press allegations that they successfully sued the papers for in their defamation case.

You have a citation for that?

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

You sure Kate (& Gerry) didn't go for a run, these photo's would seem to indicate otherwise.

Dated 16 May 2007

image.jpeg.1721bc45d245fd38b2b1710f01edca87.jpeg

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/12/jogging.html

And again, dated 20 July 2007 (Praia da Luz in the background)

image.jpeg.4a6d7f40ff5ab5ae87dbceb1fcb8ce01.jpeg

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/gerry-mccann-shocked-locals-by-playing.html

Can't seem to find anything about any court case involving the McCann's suing over allegations that (Kate) went for a run or (Gerry) played tennis in the days after their daughter's disappearence, there is however a plethora of court cases were the McCann's have sued somebody or another, so it is entirely possible that I may have missed those particular court cases.

Have you got a link to them?

andrewjambo
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You sure Kate (& Gerry) didn't go for a run, these photo's would seem to indicate otherwise.

Dated 16 May 2007

And again, dated 20 July 2007

I was rejecting the suggestion that immediately after the disappearance (the next few days) Kate and Gerry went for fun wee jogs around the town.  I don't think going for a run almost two weeks after the event (per the first photo) is unreasonable.  At that stage the searching was over and it had become fully blown police investigation.  When I suffered loss in the past I found running to be a sanctuary so I don't condemn the McCann's for running.

And the Joana Morais blog about the tennis is a weak - one guy claims Gerry played tennis in the days after the disappearance but there's no photographic evidence despite the club tennis courts running directly beside a road, being overlooked and glare of the world's press being firmly fixed on the McCann's.  Laughably the blog has a picture of Gerry playing golf!  If you can show me a picture of Gerry on the tennis court I'd be interested to see it.

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, andrewjambo said:

I was rejecting the suggestion that immediately after the disappearance (the next few days) Kate and Gerry went for fun wee jogs around the town.  I don't think going for a run almost two weeks after the event (per the first photo) is unreasonable.  At that stage the searching was over and it had become fully blown police investigation.  When I suffered loss in the past I found running to be a sanctuary so I don't condemn the McCann's for running.

And the Joana Morais blog about the tennis is a weak - one guy claims Gerry played tennis in the days after the disappearance but there's no photographic evidence despite the club tennis courts running directly beside a road, being overlooked and glare of the world's press being firmly fixed on the McCann's.  Laughably the blog has a picture of Gerry playing golf!  If you can show me a picture of Gerry on the tennis court I'd be interested to see it.

You didn't say that in your original post, you said that it was fake news that Kate went for a run, you didn't mention a time frame when she went for a run, just that it was fake news that she'd went for a run, which the photo's prove that it wasn't fake news, maybe if you'd had mentioned that you meant that it was in the first few days, then perhaps that would have helped.

I only linked the Joana Morais blog because it had a photo of the McCann's running, not for anything about Gerry playing tennis or not playing tennis whatever the case may be, that just so happened to be on the same page as the photo was, which is what my post was about, Kate going for runs, not about Gerry supposedly playing tennis, which I haven't said anything about, because I don't know if he did or didn't, hence why I haven't said anything about it.

I would still like a link to the story about the McCann's winning a defamation case about Kate going for runs & Gerry playing tennis, I'm struggling to find it, help me out here, you seemed pretty certain in your post that they had won this case for the aforementioned, post a link to the story, please. 

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

I don’t give a monkeys if it was two days later or two weeks. Two years later I’d have still been in pieces. 

Theyre utter scumbags and you’re defending them?! 

What I fail to understand about the Met investigation is; how can you investigate the disappearance of a child by excluding all known witnesses, who were closest to and; based on a previous investigation, were known to be the last people who saw her prior to her disappearance from the investigation itself.

Edited by JT1959

Jambo-Jimbo
34 minutes ago, JT1959 said:

What I fail to understand about the Met investigation is; how can you investigate the disappearance of a child by excluding all known witnesses, who were closest to and; based on a previous investigation, were known to be the last people who saw her prior to her disappearance from the investigation itself.

It might have been a bit obvious if the Met had brought in Stevie Wonder to look over the original case files & the alleged crime scene, so what you end up with is an investigation in name only imo.

andrewjambo
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t give a monkeys if it was two days later or two weeks. Two years later I’d have still been in pieces. 

Theyre utter scumbags and you’re defending them?! 

People handle grief and loss differently, that's not a hard concept to understand surely?  Are you really suggesting that there's no timescale for people who've suffered loss to resume some semblance of normal life, that they should curl up into a ball for the rest of their life?

I can't defend the McCann's actions on the night Maddie disappeared but I get bored of people condemning them on the basis of fake news - 'like a game of ****ing tennis a day or two later'

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

People handle grief and loss differently, that's not a hard concept to understand surely?  Are you really suggesting that there's no timescale for people who've suffered loss to resume some semblance of normal life, that they should curl up into a ball for the rest of their life?

I can't defend the McCann's actions on the night Maddie disappeared but I get bored of people condemning them on the basis of fake news - 'like a game of ****ing tennis a day or two later'

I suppose you never know until it happens to you but if I left my young children alone to go drinking (when other options were available if I wanted to go drinking) and one of them disappeared I think curling up into  a ball for the rest of my life would be a natural reaction.

13 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

Most people would top themselves if their kids disappeared. But most people don't leave there weans alone, either. Only scum do that.

andrewjambo
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Most people would top themselves if their kids disappeared. 

Some people would top themselves but what if there was a chance your kid could be found - would you give up or would you do everything in your power to find them?

On 07/06/2019 at 09:50, jack D and coke said:

The reaction when your daughter was lost for half an hour was entirely normal 

4 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

Some people would top themselves but what if there was a chance your kid could be found - would you give up or would you do everything in your power to find them?

They didn't do everything in their power. They were hostile, aggressive and obstructive in refusing to answer even simple police questions that would have aided the investigation. 

Why adopt such a defensive posture from the off? Guilt or more concerned about their public image than their children? I don't know but the speed in which this pair were protected and then feted by the world's hoi-polloi made no sense to me at all. Most people would have been up before the social workers and in danger of losing their other children on their return home. 

5 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

I wouldn’t have left my children in such a vulnerable position in the first place.

andrewjambo
53 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

They didn't do everything in their power. They were hostile, aggressive and obstructive in refusing to answer even simple police questions that would have aided the investigation. 

Why adopt such a defensive posture from the off? Guilt or more concerned about their public image than their children? I don't know but the speed in which this pair were protected and then feted by the world's hoi-polloi made no sense to me at all. Most people would have been up before the social workers and in danger of losing their other children on their return home. 

How many of the 48 questions that Kate refused to answer would have aided the investigation?  Fwiw I think she should have answered every question.

andrewjambo
28 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I wouldn’t have left my children in such a vulnerable position in the first place.

Me neither but that's not an answer to my question.

1 hour ago, andrewjambo said:

How many of the 48 questions that Kate refused to answer would have aided the investigation?  Fwiw I think she should have answered every question.

I'm not a detective so not qualified to answer. 

2 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

Every single one. That's why the investigating officers asked them.

andrewjambo
58 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Every single one. That's why the investigating officers asked them.

Ok I'll reword my question - how many of the 48 questions would have aided the search for Maddie given that the Portuguese police at that point were investigating Kate for the manslaughter or murder of her daughter.  Kate has said she chose not to answer questions when she realised the Portuguese police were no longer looking/searching for Maddie.  For example they asked about Kate's shift patterns as a GP which I don't think would aid the search for Maddie.

37 minutes ago, andrewjambo said:

Ok I'll reword my question - how many of the 48 questions would have aided the search for Maddie given that the Portuguese police at that point were investigating Kate for the manslaughter or murder of her daughter.  Kate has said she chose not to answer questions when she realised the Portuguese police were no longer looking/searching for Maddie.  For example they asked about Kate's shift patterns as a GP which I don't think would aid the search for Maddie.

You don't half seem to be defending them though. Leaving the tennis and jogging aside for a minute (I believe this did happen but accept there is little real time evidence); on the first morning after the ' abduction/ kidnapping', Kate McCann left their place of abode in full make up complete with full jewellery accessories. How the feck does one have the composure and mindset to take such time over one's appearance when one of your children has just gone missing? 

49 minutes ago, JWL said:

You don't half seem to be defending them though. Leaving the tennis and jogging aside for a minute (I believe this did happen but accept there is little real time evidence); on the first morning after the ' abduction/ kidnapping', Kate McCann left their place of abode in full make up complete with full jewellery accessories. How the feck does one have the composure and mindset to take such time over one's appearance when one of your children has just gone missing? 

Aye, just look at her the day after.

Glammed up strumpet.

Obviously no idea how to grieve properly, or behave in the way we all know you should, when you lose a child .

Image result for kate mccann photograpg 4th May 2007

I feel sorry for all the other parents whose children have gone missing and haven't had the help that the McCann's have got.

5 minutes ago, felix said:

Glammed up strumpet.

Obviously no idea how to grieve properly, or behave in the way we all know you should, when you lose a child .

Earrings are a giveaway.............guilty as charged

andrewjambo
12 minutes ago, felix said:

Glammed up strumpet.

Gerry looking fresh after a quick pre-press conference game of tennis, still wearing his gear and holding his tennis racket in the full pic.

£11,000,000 is a huge amount without there being any breakthrough. What you have to remember is that there is absolutely no evidence at all to suggest an aduction - there is however, evidence to support the claim the parents were involved (each individual piece probably doesn't conclude much, but taken as a whole, I believe does). People have been convicted on less evidence - Luke Mitchell being an example. I'm not saying he is innocent necessarily, I'm simply pointing out he was convicted using less evidence than there is against the McCann's. 

What really has to be questioned is why they've not been interviewed under caution by the UK police, especially as they were the last people to see Maddie. 

I hope the wee girl is found, but it does seem unlikely unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong of course.

I do also think the media has been restricted (or influenced) to ensure the difficult questions are not raised. This questions the principal of "free press" in my opinion, if they can be influenced by the threat from someone or something. 

It's a very sad case whatever happened. 

Edited by Tynieman
grammar

16 hours ago, JWL said:

Earrings are a giveaway.............guilty as charged

?Portuguese police probably noticed those earrings too, and that's what made them suspicious. 

The Internet
On 09/06/2019 at 09:20, ri Alban said:

Most people would top themselves if their kids disappeared. But most people don't leave there weans alone, either. Only scum do that.

Even if they were leaving another 2 kids behind? Not sure about that. If they had done that you can bet there would be all sorts of posts calling them 'selfish' and the like. 

I don't have much of an opinion on them really. They were careless and made a horrific error, an error which I'm sure is being repeated by couples in many holiday resorts even now, and were punished in the worst way. I do know all the 'they were oot playing tennis and running the next day!' shite is sensationalist tabloid and glossy magazine nonsense which should be ignored. People deal with major events in different ways and whether it's even true or not is irrelevant. There's no set policy or protocol for dealing with something like that. I understand and agree with the complaints about the money that's being spent compared to other missing child cases but it is what it is. Don't buy into slaughtering them at every opportunity. 

doctor jambo
22 hours ago, andrewjambo said:

Not really the issue.

this is where there is a problem when lawyers get involved.

They simply tell you to "no comment".

However, in such a situation, I would choose the recovery of my daughter over any considerations for my own prosecution.

Though it is hard to criticise them for merely following the advice of counsel.

• 11 months later...