The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Maybe not. But if the SPL can threaten sanctions for a club paying its employees late, surely it can insist on Rangers meeting its football debts to another member club.

Could. Won't.

Dean Winchester

Maybe not. But if the SPL can threaten sanctions for a club paying its employees late, surely it can insist on Rangers meeting its football debts to another member club.

I thought the SPL followed this though. Instead of giving prize money directly to Rangers for finishing 2nd they would settle outstanding football debts to other member clubs i.e. us?

I may be talking pish but I'm sure I read this somewhere recently.

Problem Officer?

So if they're fecked for Europe, they'll still probably finish 2nd if it's only a 10 point deduction but does this mean 3rd will get into the Champs League qualifiers? :wow:

To be involved in European football next season you have to submit audited accounts to Uefa by 31st March - Can you submit audited accounts while in administration? If not they have until 31st March to come out of administration, if not 3rd place will be in Champs League qualifiers next season.

Skivingatwork

Will Doncaster be hastily arranging a conference call to discuss further penalties and sanctions if fixtures and payments cannot be met? :whistling:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

http://forum.rangers...c=210510&st=160

Halarioos.

:D

"Massive Financial Meltdown" ? Jim Whyte 2012

:rofl:

The only way we can get through this is if we don't point fingers. We unite as the greatest support in the world, which we already are.

Those who wish to abandon us are free to go. But don't think of coming back when the sleeping giant rises.

For Rangers!

Edited by Lionel Richie

Good luck with that one, eh?

jamboinglasgow

So if they're fecked for Europe, they'll still probably finish 2nd if it's only a 10 point deduction but does this mean 3rd will get into the Champs League qualifiers? :wow:

And 6th place could get into Europe (provided the Scottish cup winner has finished in a league European place.)

Dean Winchester

This is what I've been asking. ITV says they need a license which is granted at the start of each season so I guess they'd need to be out of administration by then?

Guest GhostHunter

I'm thinking the Rangers lawyers have had a heads up that the tax case is going to go against them - so this is the first step to limit the damage...

Francis Albert

Will Doncaster be hastily arranging a conference call to discuss further penalties and sanctions if fixtures and payments cannot be met? :whistling:

No.Too busy searching for precedents even more favourable to Rangers than the Parma one he dug up.

I wonder what ticketus (sp) make of this development?! What have they got their loan secured against??

Hopefully Ibrox Stadium :lol:

Wow a wee wow.

Lets just see how the SPL and SFL will bend over backwards to accomodate Rangers...

I think the 25 point ban is if a club does not get itself out of Administration before the start of the season. So 10 + 15.

I can't wait to hear what Mad Vlad has to say about this.

Rangers won't be allowed into Europe so we really have to push for 3rd/2nd place now to try and get Champs league qualifying stages. Maybe even let Kello play again.

What a day..

IF we get the rest of the Wallace cash in one lump sum, instead of dribbles over 10's of months... that should go a pretty decent way to helping us out of the current sticky patch. Anyone experience on how these things usually go and how long for parties to get their cash?>

I thought the SPL followed this though. Instead of giving prize money directly to Rangers for finishing 2nd they would settle outstanding football debts to other member clubs i.e. us?

I may be talking pish but I'm sure I read this somewhere recently.

That's what I thought too. Any cash owed to Rangers through the SPL would be redirected to settle outstanding debts to other members.

Aha, here...found this in the SPL rules:

Defaulting Clubs

C9.1 If any Club defaults in making payment of any sum or sums due

to the Company and/or to another Club the Board shall be

entitled to apply any sums which, under these Rules, would

otherwise be payable to the defaulting Club by the Company in

discharge of any debt due by such Club in default to the

Company and/or such other Club in such manner as the Board

shall determine.

C9.2 If, in the opinion of the Board, there are grounds to believe that

a Club may not fulfil or be able, on the basis of information

available to the Board, to fulfil all or any of its fixture obligations

in Official Matches in the course of a Season then the Board

may withhold, retain and/or defer payment of any sums which

would otherwise be payable and/or be expected to be paid by

the Company to such Club until such time as the Board is

satisfied that such fixture obligations have or will be fulfilled.

C9.3 The Board may require interest to be paid to the Company

and/or to such other Club by such a Club in default on such a

sum or sums so due and the balance or balances from time to

time outstanding until paid in full, at the rate of 2% above the

base lending rate of the Bank of England as same may vary

from time to time compounded on the first day of each calendar

month and the Board shall be entitled to apply any sums which,

under these Rules, would otherwise be payable to the defaulting

Club by the Company in discharge of any interest so payable by

such Club in default to the Company and/or such other Club in

such manner as the Board shall determine.

C9.4 This Rule C9 shall be without prejudice to any sanction in

relation to such default otherwise imposed in terms of these

Rules.

As long as we get the money for Wallace, this could be the best thing to happen to Scottish football in years.

All eyes are firmly fixed on the GFA, who will be looking for excuses not to dock Rankgers the 10 points or desperately trying to find a way to let them into Europe.

If both these points don't happen, then the GFA will be exposed and all hell will break loose.

Dean Winchester

I'm thinking the Rangers lawyers have had a heads up that the tax case is going to go against them - so this is the first step to limit the damage...

Could this not work out badly for them then? Surely liquidation is extremely possible if they've had to go into administration BEFORE the case has been settled? And HMRC aren't likely to accept a huge loss in the CVA are they especially seeing as they would most definitely be over the 75% required?

I wonder what ticketus (sp) make of this development?! What have they got their loan secured against??

That money is now gone probably in an off shore bank account in one of CWs Dodgy companies

Will Rangers New Co get to do the same thing and mortgage 4 years seson ticket money ?

I think tonight will be the first time in years that ill tune into the real radio phone in.

The phone lines are probably already busy....

Dean Winchester

That money is now gone probably in an off shore bank account in one of CWs Dodgy companies

Will Rangers New Co get to do the same thing and mortgage 4 years seson ticket money ?

I can't see them getting much back for that. How many of Rangers current fans will pay to go see them in Division 3? :verysmug:

"Not trying to be negative here bears, but does this mean rangers could be finished for good?"

If I drank coffee, it would be all over my screen right now.

:rofl:

Jambo, Goodbye

If you go down into Govan today,

You're sure of a big surprise.

If you go down into Govan today,

You'd better go in disguise.

For every bear that ever there was

Will gather there for certain because

Today's the day the Teddy Bears have their panic.

AW FFS that's another thing they've beaten us to Always the Bridesmaid :whistling:

And what about Peter Lawell's statement earlier saying they had a business plan that didn't need Rangers. or anyone, to help them?

We must now more than ever stand behind Rangers FC.

This is not about petty grudges against Whyte, Ally or anyone.

This is about being a bear in the hour of need.

No surrender.

220px-Ursus_thibetanus_3_(Wroclaw_zoo).JPG

I just can't take the bear thing seriously. Sounds so ridiculous. :laugh:

I think tonight will be the first time in years that ill tune into the real radio phone in.

I wouldn't. You'll just get completely incoherent weedgie tubes phoning in and talking complete garbage.

Tune in to Sportsound instead and you'll get completely incoherent weedgie tubes in the studio talking complete garbage.

It'll be like Holocaust deniers tonight at the Beeb.

Are we really in a position to gloat?

If we settle the tax bill and pay the players wages....then for the short term....yes....yes we are.

I'm only interested in hearing the views of the hun who burst into tears on Jim Traynor's show a few weeks back.

"ADMINASTRASHUN? AH MEAN, THIS IS THE ONLY JOY AH GET OUT OF LIFE, KNOW?"

jj.png

Footballfirst

Rangers haven't defaulted on the Wallace transfer fee (yet). However, Hearts should already be in touch with the SPL requesting that they retain any sums up to the value of the balance of the transfer, rather than allow any sums to be advanced to RFC to enable them to see out this season's fixtures.

Francis Albert

If we settle the tax bill and pay the players wages....then for the short term....yes....yes we are.

Oh yes.

jamboinglasgow

according to STV Ally McCoist was told today in a meeting with Whyte, Andrew Ellis and Ally Russell. I love to think the meeting after a bit of talking went like this

CW "So Ally we have some good news and some bad news, which do you want first"

AM "er..ok...the good news"

CW "the good news is that we have finally signed up Cousin, though it is subject to international clearance."

AM "thats good news boss, it will be good to have a striker even though he is not one of the many players I requested to replace Jelavic. So what is the bad news?"

CW "well, er, the board have sent documents to the court of session to put the club into adminstration, you are going to lose a number of your squad and every Saturday will have many angry fans. Good luck with it we are off to holiday in Monaco. Bye."

All three quickly leave the room faster the Usain Bolt.

In a way, I feel sorry for McCoist, he waits for his turn to take over, Smith finally leaves, a new owner comes in and promises him ?5m a season in spending, you start the season looking good then everything goes wrong, your star player picks a season ending injury, you owner sells your next best player in the last minute of the window with no replacement. And now the club is in administration. He must be wondering why he even bothered.

Yes we are thanks for playing

Dean Winchester

Saying that I was having a wee browse on some other forums and they seem to think we're in the same position as Rangers in terms of a tax case and EBT's. I thought we where just guilty of not paying HMRC when we should be but have we been doing the EBT thing under Ogilvie as well?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic