The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

orig

Sutol, I know I'm a dinosaur but how can I copy this animated gif to use again?

7 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Sutol, I know I'm a dinosaur but how can I copy this animated gif to use again?

Right click and copy image address. 

Then just right click and paste to add it to a message. 

At least that's all I did to post it here, found doing a Google search for laughing gif. 

Edited by SUTOL

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Right click and copy image address. 

Then just right click and paste to add it to a message. 

At least that's all I did to post it here, found doing a Google search for laughing gif. 

Brilliant. Thanks mate

On 01/08/2018 at 14:27, Captain Slog said:

Did the Directors get their soft loans repaid yesterday?

I’m guessing not, but I did think the Club would be required to announce that the Directors had agreed to roll over the loans for a further period.

Footballfirst
4 hours ago, The Gasman said:

I’m guessing not, but I did think the Club would be required to announce that the Directors had agreed to roll over the loans for a further period.

There is no need for disclosure. The secrecy surrounding such transactions is just another "benefit" of not being listed on a stock exchange.

Hagar the Horrible

While we are here,  As King has been given another deadline, a soft one,in which the courts have told him to make the offer?  Will he use that deadline just to start transfering the money into an ESCROW account, and by start, I mean send an email instructing the process, useing this as another delaying mechanism, until he can come up with another cunning plan?

Or will he just ignore?

41 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There is no need for disclosure. The secrecy surrounding such transactions is just another "benefit" of not being listed on a stock exchange.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I never knew that FF, I always thought shareholders would require to be notified - but (as always) I bow to your superior knowledge on these matters, thanks. :thumb:

Footballfirst
55 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

While we are here,  As King has been given another deadline, a soft one,in which the courts have told him to make the offer?  Will he use that deadline just to start transfering the money into an ESCROW account, and by start, I mean send an email instructing the process, useing this as another delaying mechanism, until he can come up with another cunning plan?

Or will he just ignore?

He hasn't been given another deadline.

His case comes up as a "proof hearing" again next week and he will be required to show why he hasn't complied or needn't comply.  A proof hearing is the Scottish equivalent of a trial in civil cases.  The judge will hear from the TOP counsel (as the prosecution) and King's counsel (as the defence), then make a decision, either on the day or at a later date.

I don't know what the judge would do in the event that King shows that he has actually started the offer process, e.g. by showing that he has requested that funds be transferred to a UK account.

Libertarian

While chatting to a Sevco supporter on Sunday I mentioned that Rangers are a club in serious decline and that if I were a Rangers supporter I would be seriously concerned at the amount of debt the new club is in already and that this is at least £17m. I was informed that Rangers will never need to pay this money back!!  There really is no point in attempting to speak to these people as they are absolutely deluded. Twenty years ago I would have laughed at a remark like that and made fun of the cretin who mentioned. However I just shook my head and said nothing. Must be getting old.

47 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

While chatting to a Sevco supporter on Sunday I mentioned that Rangers are a club in serious decline and that if I were a Rangers supporter I would be seriously concerned at the amount of debt the new club is in already and that this is at least £17m. I was informed that Rangers will never need to pay this money back!!  There really is no point in attempting to speak to these people as they are absolutely deluded. Twenty years ago I would have laughed at a remark like that and made fun of the cretin who mentioned. However I just shook my head and said nothing. Must be getting old.

Yes it is possible the £17 million will be converted to shares and so no longer a debt.

It is what it is. Rangers have generous benefactors. 

brunoatemyhamster

Draw for the knock out stage off the EL happening now. Lets have a real dud just incase Maribor dont turn up.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

It's extremely unlikely they'll have to pay the directors' loans back, these loans were always just a tax efficient mechanism for putting money into the club

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes it is possible the £17 million will be converted to shares and so no longer a debt.

It is what it is. Rangers have generous benefactors

Although Close Finance isn't one of them!

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That’s certainly what usually happens with Directors Loans - a debt for equity swap at some point....

....but with the Club still trading at a loss, and with still no sign of any rights issue to bring in fresh capital (promised by King for the end of June past) I’m not sure all the Directors will necessarily be happy to accept shares in a business being run that way, they may be looking at getting their cash back at some point.

Phil D. Corners
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I would still question why Rangers, with all their financial might and season ticket sales, still need an extra 17 million to consistently finish behind Aberdeen! 

And that Hearts generous benefactors, that put money in to saving the club and stand, did not neeed the use loans or share deals provide funds. 

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's extremely unlikely they'll have to pay the directors' loans back, these loans were always just a tax efficient mechanism for putting money into the club

In what way?

132goals1958
17 hours ago, Smithee said:

I doubt investing in Sevco will meet the criteria for tax relief under the Enterprise Investment Scheme although as we have seen before that shower make up the rules as they go along .

Unknown user
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

In what way?

There's no tax paid on loans that are converted into shares

Jambo-Jimbo
17 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Err...

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has access to 'significant fighting funds' from mysterious benefactor claims Simon Jordan http://dlyr.ec/H492II 

So Jordan has heard rumours that Rangers have a massive fighting fund, £30m and Kids' Inheritance springs to mind.

What a load of utter crap, but the orcs will swallow every word of it.

Seeing as they have this massive war chest, we should now be telling der hun that it's £2m for Lafferty or GTF, cash up front of course.

brunoatemyhamster
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Err...

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has access to 'significant fighting funds' from mysterious benefactor claims Simon Jordan http://dlyr.ec/H492II 

Calling Bullshite on this. Lets ask Skrtels agent for clarification.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Err...

They've found the warchest.

That was either one cryptic treasure map, the orcs aren't very bright, or it's bullshit. 

I'm going for the last two. 

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, Boris said:

If true, doesn't that open them up to Financial Fair Play implications?

Rules Schmules!

Tommy Brown

Err...

Why would Stevie G need "significant fighting funds".

He normally starts a fight after a few Buds on a Saturday night.

jacklivi1874

Yet some on here said the buns were skint

Can find the money for a player when its suits as well,  they make me sick that shower 

9 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Just signed Borna Barasic on a 4 yeard deal. 25 year old defender.

After the discussion yesterday - would be interesting to see how this is reported in Croatia. It may cast a light on whether the transfer fee has been inflated.

15 minutes ago, CMc said:

They've found the warchest.

That was either one cryptic treasure map, the orcs aren't very bright, or it's bullshit. 

I'm going for the last two. 

It was hidden under the pope's hat

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

There's no tax paid on loans that are converted into shares

What kind of tax is paid on loans that are actually paid back to the lender, as in not converted to shares. and who might have to pay it? 

9 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

After the discussion yesterday - would be interesting to see how this is reported in Croatia. It may cast a light on whether the transfer fee has been inflated.

They offer £200k for Lafferty and yet can somehow manage to find £2.2 million. I wonder if they will ever see the money?

BBC saying joining for a fee of £2.2m, Barisic already has three caps for his country.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

They offer £200k for Lafferty and yet can somehow manage to find £2.2 million. I wonder if they will ever see the money?

BBC saying joining for a fee of £2.2m, Barisic already has three caps for his country.

How many caps does KL have?

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

What kind of tax is paid on loans that are actually paid back to the lender, as in not converted to shares. and who might have to pay it? 

Loans are not subject to tax although if they are forgiven then I think they are treated as Income.and potentially taxable  

13 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Loans are not subject to tax although if they are forgiven then I think they are treated as Income.and potentially taxable  

With losses of several million a year the prospect of Sevco having to pay corporation tax anytime soon is very, very remote. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, 132goals1958 said:

I am fully aware that no tax is payable on the repayment of a loan but thought Smithee was suggesting that the loans would not be recalled because they would be taxable, but see now what he meant, I think. However (unless the directors contracted, unequivocally, to turn their loans into shares), there is no tax efficiency involved to discourage the lenders from demanding repayment. Also, in the event the loans were 'forgiven' surely tax would only be payable should the company (club) make a profit, with the forgiven loans seen as income?

I think I made the mistake of jumping into Smithee's conversation without seeing how it started, sorry mate:thumbsup:

132goals1958
16 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

With losses of several million a year the prospect of Sevco having to pay corporation tax anytime soon is very, very remote. 

Totally agree but it was more or less a general observation

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I am fully aware that no tax is payable on the repayment of a loan but thought Smithee was suggesting that the loans would not be recalled because they would be taxable, but see now what he meant, I think. However (unless the directors contracted, unequivocally, to turn their loans into shares), there is no tax efficiency involved to discourage the lenders from demanding repayment. Also, in the event the loans were 'forgiven' surely tax would only be payable should the company (club) make a profit, with the forgiven loans seen as income?

I think I made the mistake of jumping into Smithee's conversation without seeing how it started, sorry mate:thumbsup:

Accurate summary but as my reply to the other post it was a general observation on potential liabilities.

I'm confused where they are getting the money for this Croat. King going for broke vs Maribor with some Russian diddy club in the play of round? 

Unknown user
57 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

They were never intended to be paid back, they're just a mechanism for putting money into the club

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sevco must be the only team in the world who want to inflate the transfer fees they pay. The fur coat and nae knickers football club.

11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Quoted at 1.8m on transfer market. We'll never see a receipt, Sevco accounts are unaudited BS also.

I think their auditors would disagree with you. 

chuck berrys hairline

Why waste their little credit on a cup tied eastern European

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Deid yet?

Edited by Queensland Jambo

There would be no person happier than me if they went bust again, but we have to face up to it -they are getting bankrolled by persons unknown at the moment, and are trying to sign their way to the league title.

132goals1958
13 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I think their auditors would disagree with you. 

On the subject are Campbell Dallas still their auditors. Remember they were appointed after Deloitte resigned who also complained their staff received threats and intimidation . That club are lower than a snake,s belly.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Deid yet?

Barbiturate-induced coma.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic