The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

10 hours ago, YellowSub said:

This thread reads like the hopes & wishes of a poor Dickensian schoolboy on Christmas Eve.

It's not happening people!

It already happened, ya wank.

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:lol:

34 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nah he's deid.

rip big hoose must stay open guy.

Awy to ra Big Hoose in the sky. Hope they pay benefits.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

History repeating itself, it seems.

The Ibrox club continues to spend money it doesn't have, and people are saying it won't go bust because Celtic supporters are saying it will, and besides, no Ibrox club could possibly go bust. We are also told, 'it just won't happen', because...well just because.

Regardless of how accurate or not any Celtic blogs are, regardless of how much wishful thinking they hold, RIFC/TRFC's most recent accounts continued to show a business in a downward spiral, and there has not been one indication that sufficient money has come in to redress that position, yet they are still spending like there's no tomorrow, so, although they will have money in their bank account just now, it'll all be gone in a few months time.

While TRFC might keep the lights on for another season, looking at the finances - that's the known finances, gleaned from the accounts, and not the King moonbeams - without  massive input of cash, an input of much more than ticket sales, the kit deal, and even Euro income, the build up of losses will continue, and regardless of how often a Celtic blogger might claim they are going bust, basic economics says that one day they will.

Of course, everything will be alright now that RIFC plc have raised the money to finance their most recent signings, what could possibly go wrong now? They did go ahead with the share issue, didn't they? I mean, June was last month!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-announces-rangers-raise-12494716

13:18, 7 MAY 2018

Asked how much fresh cash will be made available as a result of the share issue which will take place in June, King said: “I met with (company secretary) James Blair on Saturday and we have given the go-ahead for the share issue to commence immediately.

“I said, let’s accept the Takeover Panel will not be resolved in the next couple of weeks, let’s go ahead with the rights issue as it with the restrictions I have in participating.”

Maroonblood22
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Nah he's deid.

rip big hoose must stay open guy.

:hartley:

Fxxx the SPFL

My nephew celtic bawbag is friends with Scott Arfield went to school together and he's on £32k a week if and I say if that's true how can they afford that. £1.5m a year four year contract.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Such eloquence Justin ????

20 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

My nephew celtic bawbag is friends with Scott Arfield went to school together and he's on £32k a week if and I say if that's true how can they afford that. £1.5m a year four year contract.

Do you think he would tell an old mate how much he is earning?  Its hard to imagine that he's on that amount. I hope he is as that will skin them. 

...a bit disco
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Such eloquence Justin ????

Been in this country too long it would seem.

We're rubbing off on him!

:yonkennethwilliamssmileyhere:

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Been in this country too long it would seem.

We're rubbing off on him!

:yonkennethwilliamssmileyhere:

If you want to rub off on Justin you feel free mate , he’s not Moroccan though ?

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think there is a difference between laughing at the new farcical and mediocre version of Rangers and claiming they are about to go bust again. The two don't need to go together.

No they don’t and tbf that was a very narrow minded take on what was said but it would still be good to get an honest assessment from a Rangers fan. But similarly honesty and Rangers fans when it comes to Rangers doesn’t go together for the most part either. There might be a lot of fanciful things coming out of Ibrox and out of Celtic bloggers but things can not be as rosey as Rangers claim. Even basic looks at their accounts or common sense says they are overspending massively. To have the two directors who resigned resign suggests theres fundamental issues behind the scenes. 

Instead of being questioned its ignored and never touched upon neither is the takeover panel etc.

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

No they don’t and tbf that was a very narrow minded take on what was said but it would still be good to get an honest assessment from a Rangers fan. But similarly honesty and Rangers fans when it comes to Rangers doesn’t go together for the most part either. There might be a lot of fanciful things coming out of Ibrox and out of Celtic bloggers but things can not be as rosey as Rangers claim. Even basic looks at their accounts or common sense says they are overspending massively. To have the two directors who resigned resign suggests theres fundamental issues behind the scenes. 

Instead of being questioned its ignored and never touched upon neither is the takeover panel etc.

I don't think it's being ignored at all. The idea that Dave King is some sort of competent businessman is laughable. However, why people are obsessing with what the back pages write about is beyond me when most people claim not to read them anyway. King is a busted flush who either leaves Sevco soon enough of his own volition or leads them into even more trouble by ignoring the law of the land. Why people then assume he's untouchable amongst the Orcs is what gets me.

...a bit disco
42 minutes ago, sadj said:

If you want to rub off on Justin you feel free mate , he’s not Moroccan though ?

You're just weird.

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

History repeating itself, it seems.

The Ibrox club continues to spend money it doesn't have, and people are saying it won't go bust because Celtic supporters are saying it will, and besides, no Ibrox club could possibly go bust. We are also told, 'it just won't happen', because...well just because.

Regardless of how accurate or not any Celtic blogs are, regardless of how much wishful thinking they hold, RIFC/TRFC's most recent accounts continued to show a business in a downward spiral, and there has not been one indication that sufficient money has come in to redress that position, yet they are still spending like there's no tomorrow, so, although they will have money in their bank account just now, it'll all be gone in a few months time.

While TRFC might keep the lights on for another season, looking at the finances - that's the known finances, gleaned from the accounts, and not the King moonbeams - without  massive input of cash, an input of much more than ticket sales, the kit deal, and even Euro income, the build up of losses will continue, and regardless of how often a Celtic blogger might claim they are going bust, basic economics says that one day they will.

Of course, everything will be alright now that RIFC plc have raised the money to finance their most recent signings, what could possibly go wrong now? They did go ahead with the share issue, didn't they? I mean, June was last month!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-announces-rangers-raise-12494716

13:18, 7 MAY 2018

Asked how much fresh cash will be made available as a result of the share issue which will take place in June, King said: “I met with (company secretary) James Blair on Saturday and we have given the go-ahead for the share issue to commence immediately.

“I said, let’s accept the Takeover Panel will not be resolved in the next couple of weeks, let’s go ahead with the rights issue as it with the restrictions I have in participating.”

Very good post. The manra that they won't go bust being dismissed out hand - they already did go bust but  this time it's just taking longer because Hector gets paid on time, there's no HBOS cookie jar to dip into and no creative owner bailing out failed share issue (in this case , I know, they actually haven't had the share issue yet).  They have no banking facility with what a punter would recognize as a bank and no one will lend to them apart from crisis loan companies.  Fair play to them, they're hanging in there by their finger nails but unless King can squeeze some cash out of a share issue and/or convincing club1872 to pony up some cash they are ****ed. 

Footballfirst

Copied from SFM

Further to the Compliance Officer’s Notice of Complaint  and discussions on the status of the WTC liability at the end of March 2011, I came across the following document on Scribd, which might be of interest to the CO and others.

https://www.scribd.com/document/192787967/179011295-147860088-DOS01-pdf-pdf

It’s not a new document, but was posted by someone under the name of “Suttonfakes” in December 2013.  I suspect that it originated from Charlotte Fakes. Despite the questionable provenance of the CF material, I am unaware of any documents from that source that have been deemed not to be genuine, although various lawyers have asked for documents to be taken down from Scribd, citing confidentiality. 

The document purports to be the notes from a meeting held on 21 March 2011 in Murray Group’s Charlotte Square offices. The attendees included Cairn Financial (Craig Whyte’s financial advisors), Phil Betts (later to become an RFC director under Whyte), and RFC represented by Paul Murray, Mike McGill and Donald McIntyre.

My best guess is that the meeting was part of Whyte’s due diligence, carried out prior to the takeover, as it goes on to record other financial information about the club.

There are several typos in the document, which might make you question its provenance but, given it was only circulated as an internal email to Cairn Financial staff and to Phil Betts, I don’t see that as an issue.

The key points for the CO’s investigation would appear to come in the opening paragraph.

Discounted Option Scheme – £3.2m PAYE liability to be paid to HMRC prior to 31/3. PB advised that Wavetower had not previously aware of this issue/liability

So what does it tell us?
* I think we are all familiar with the WTC originating from RFC’s operation of a “Discounted Option Scheme”
* The liability is stated as a “£3.2m PAYE liability” – We know from other sources that the quantum of the liability, became an accepted £2.8m (PAYE & NIC) following a meeting with HMRC (later that day?)
* The liability was “to be paid to HMRC prior to 31/3” – for those not concentrating I’ll repeat …….. “to be paid to HMRC prior to 31/3”
* PB (Phil Betts) said that Wavetower was not previously aware of the liability – this suggests that 21 March 2011 was the point at which Whyte’s people were first advised of the WTC liability, although tweets from the Whyte criminal trial confirm that Mike McGill said “I think we should front up about the small tax case” and that Gary Withey was made aware of the liability in an email. Both are recorded as happening four days earlier on 17 March.

The only possible source for the information on the liability and the payment date was from the Rangers attendees.  That is important in itself, as the Rangers directors would be duty bound to provide accurate and truthful information to a prospective buyer of the club.  Failure to do so would likely leave the directors open to damages claims, if not criminal charges, if the information provided was incorrect and caused Whyte and co. to take a particular course of action.

It is unlikely that the CO will have seen this document as it was not circulated to RFC, but it could potentially be important when assessing the accuracy of RFC statements.    

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Very good post. The manra that they won't go bust being dismissed out hand - they already did go bust but  this time it's just taking longer because Hector gets paid on time, there's no HBOS cookie jar to dip into and no creative owner bailing out failed share issue (in this case , I know, they actually haven't had the share issue yet).  They have no banking facility with what a punter would recognize as a bank and no one will lend to them apart from crisis loan companies.  Fair play to them, they're hanging in there by their finger nails but unless King can squeeze some cash out of a share issue and/or convincing club1872 to pony up some cash they are ****ed. 

These finger nails seem quite long given that they can still spend quite a bit of cash in the window relative to everyone else except Celtic. The mass of contradictions is quite hilarious though. One minute they have no cash, the next it is "lol they fly Easyjet". If we flew Easyjet for pre-season training somewhere, would we give a ****? Are they expected to get a charter everywhere they go?

They are a farce and competing with the sheep, hopefully us and potentially, but hopefully not, the vermin is their new normal. I'm more than happy with that outcome.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Elmore said:

Do you think he would tell an old mate how much he is earning?  Its hard to imagine that he's on that amount. I hope he is as that will skin them. 

They've been pals since primary school like I say could be rubbish but how much would he have been on at Burnley 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

These finger nails seem quite long given that they can still spend quite a bit of cash in the window relative to everyone else except Celtic. The mass of contradictions is quite hilarious though. One minute they have no cash, the next it is "lol they fly Easyjet". If we flew Easyjet for pre-season training somewhere, would we give a ****? Are they expected to get a charter everywhere they go?

They are a farce and competing with the sheep, hopefully us and potentially, but hopefully not, the vermin is their new normal. I'm more than happy with that outcome.

No one is saying they have no cash - at the moment. They have taken in a few million already from ST sales, with more to come through monthly direct debits. The problem will come, as it has done each year since King took over, a few months into the season, with the added problem that they are starting each season in a worse financial state than the previous one. Any additional monies they may have, or are due to receive, through increased ticket revenue, sponsorship and kit deals will be used up with these 'marquee' signings they are making. So, at best, they will need more loans by November (as they did last season). Nothing any Celtic blogger will say will change the fact that RIFC/TRFC has huge debts, is quickly going through this season's income, hasn't found a new investor, hasn't sorted out the TOP problems, hasn't had the share issue due in June, and has clearly thrown all it's eggs into the one basket called European qualification, which is exactly what they did in 2011, and we know what happened then...You know? that thing they said would never happen!

As to the Easyjet point. We haven't gone abroad for training this season, probably because Ann Budge decided we couldn't afford to without harming the signing budget. Dave King and TRFC are not only spending money they can't afford to spend, they are on a Billy Big Baws PR campaign, desperate to look like a big club, but not able to afford to be one. Clearly, as part of that PR, they had to be seen to go abroad for pre-season training, just like a big club would. They just can't afford the quality that any big club could, in transport and training facilities. They'd have looked better staying at home, taking the knocks, but saving the expense, instead they've highlighted the impecuniosity of TRFC, while bringing the next borrowing date just that little bit closer!

42 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Copied from SFM

Further to the Compliance Officer’s Notice of Complaint  and discussions on the status of the WTC liability at the end of March 2011, I came across the following document on Scribd, which might be of interest to the CO and others.

https://www.scribd.com/document/192787967/179011295-147860088-DOS01-pdf-pdf

It’s not a new document, but was posted by someone under the name of “Suttonfakes” in December 2013.  I suspect that it originated from Charlotte Fakes. Despite the questionable provenance of the CF material, I am unaware of any documents from that source that have been deemed not to be genuine, although various lawyers have asked for documents to be taken down from Scribd, citing confidentiality. 

The document purports to be the notes from a meeting held on 21 March 2011 in Murray Group’s Charlotte Square offices. The attendees included Cairn Financial (Craig Whyte’s financial advisors), Phil Betts (later to become an RFC director under Whyte), and RFC represented by Paul Murray, Mike McGill and Donald McIntyre.

My best guess is that the meeting was part of Whyte’s due diligence, carried out prior to the takeover, as it goes on to record other financial information about the club.

There are several typos in the document, which might make you question its provenance but, given it was only circulated as an internal email to Cairn Financial staff and to Phil Betts, I don’t see that as an issue.

The key points for the CO’s investigation would appear to come in the opening paragraph.

Discounted Option Scheme – £3.2m PAYE liability to be paid to HMRC prior to 31/3. PB advised that Wavetower had not previously aware of this issue/liability

So what does it tell us?
* I think we are all familiar with the WTC originating from RFC’s operation of a “Discounted Option Scheme”
* The liability is stated as a “£3.2m PAYE liability” – We know from other sources that the quantum of the liability, became an accepted £2.8m (PAYE & NIC) following a meeting with HMRC (later that day?)
* The liability was “to be paid to HMRC prior to 31/3” – for those not concentrating I’ll repeat …….. “to be paid to HMRC prior to 31/3”
* PB (Phil Betts) said that Wavetower was not previously aware of the liability – this suggests that 21 March 2011 was the point at which Whyte’s people were first advised of the WTC liability, although tweets from the Whyte criminal trial confirm that Mike McGill said “I think we should front up about the small tax case” and that Gary Withey was made aware of the liability in an email. Both are recorded as happening four days earlier on 17 March.

The only possible source for the information on the liability and the payment date was from the Rangers attendees.  That is important in itself, as the Rangers directors would be duty bound to provide accurate and truthful information to a prospective buyer of the club.  Failure to do so would likely leave the directors open to damages claims, if not criminal charges, if the information provided was incorrect and caused Whyte and co. to take a particular course of action.

It is unlikely that the CO will have seen this document as it was not circulated to RFC, but it could potentially be important when assessing the accuracy of RFC statements.    

FF

Thanks for this. In relation to the Scribd docs that were taken down (a few in the attached - https://www.scribd.com/doc/192787991/179011425-147863235-DOS-Index-pdf-pdf). Is there anywhere I can get hold of these ? Looking at the short resume of each doc referenced, Rangers were never negotiating in good faith, to put it mildly. 

5 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

They've been pals since primary school like I say could be rubbish but how much would he have been on at Burnley 

I hope its true. Fail to qualify for the Europa league group stages and they won't last the season without administration. Here's hoping. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

No one is saying they have no cash - at the moment. They have taken in a few million already from ST sales, with more to come through monthly direct debits. The problem will come, as it has done each year since King took over, a few months into the season, with the added problem that they are starting each season in a worse financial state than the previous one. Any additional monies they may have, or are due to receive, through increased ticket revenue, sponsorship and kit deals will be used up with these 'marquee' signings they are making. So, at best, they will need more loans by November (as they did last season). Nothing any Celtic blogger will say will change the fact that RIFC/TRFC has huge debts, is quickly going through this season's income, hasn't found a new investor, hasn't sorted out the TOP problems, hasn't had the share issue due in June, and has clearly thrown all it's eggs into the one basket called European qualification, which is exactly what they did in 2011, and we know what happened then...You know? that thing they said would never happen!

As to the Easyjet point. We haven't gone abroad for training this season, probably because Ann Budge decided we couldn't afford to without harming the signing budget. Dave King and TRFC are not only spending money they can't afford to spend, they are on a Billy Big Baws PR campaign, desperate to look like a big club, but not able to afford to be one. Clearly, as part of that PR, they had to be seen to go abroad for pre-season training, just like a big club would. They just can't afford the quality that any big club could, in transport and training facilities. They'd have looked better staying at home, taking the knocks, but saving the expense, instead they've highlighted the impecuniosity of TRFC, while bringing the next borrowing date just that little bit closer!

Keep waiting for Godot with your pals on SFM. It is amazing how the predicted cash crunch points always seem to throw up more cash to solve the problem. I agree it is a daft way to run a business and until they have a coherent strategy for the long term they are going nowhere but I will quite happily predict that Sevco will be on our fixture list for quite some time.

Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

FF

Thanks for this. In relation to the Scribd docs that were taken down (a few in the attached - https://www.scribd.com/doc/192787991/179011425-147863235-DOS-Index-pdf-pdf). Is there anywhere I can get hold of these ? Looking at the short resume of each doc referenced, Rangers were never negotiating in good faith, to put it mildly. 

I'm unsure what documents have been taken down or deleted. "Suttonfakes" has posted a few other documents as has "HirsutePursuit", so you might find some info there.

Ministry MK2
6 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Sevco are to football what Katie price is to relationship counciling they are run by a criminal and are abbetted by a crooked governing body ,if everything was above board Sevco would have been through their second demise .Any other truly named club would have been thrown to the wolves Scottish football is now a joke in world football because of the crooks that run our game makes you want to say I don't follow football I watch rugby

:cornette_dog:

30 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

:cornette_dog:

Do you think the governing body have handled this well?  And you don't think Dave king is a crook?  

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Keep waiting for Godot with your pals on SFM. It is amazing how the predicted cash crunch points always seem to throw up more cash to solve the problem. I agree it is a daft way to run a business and until they have a coherent strategy for the long term they are going nowhere but I will quite happily predict that Sevco will be on our fixture list for quite some time.

Seems we are both waiting for Godot, otherwise why would we both be here? But I agree, TRFC will continue, but only for as long as they find someone to lend them money, as Rangers did. Worked out well for them, too, and, of course, the economic reasoning you produce of, 'they are spending money so they must have it', is always a fine argument. Just about every business that has ever gone bankrupt had money, then they spent it, and the more they spent, the closer to bankruptcy they got!

The Real Maroonblood
On 30/06/2018 at 14:21, PeterintheRain said:

How was the parade today?   Did you get up close to Arlene while you were banging your drum? Or were you playing your pink piccolo?

:laugh::laugh:

Gulf Jambo

Since I left the UK a couple of years ago I haven't really kept up to date with the rangers situation, but interesting to read through this.

Can't believe they would pay Arfield that much, but it is Premier League wages. Had to have some reason to entice him back north.

How much did they splash on the crock from Brighton as well, 3 Million or something right?

Plus 1 Million for Murphy, add in the wages plus whatever they threw at Gerrard to get him.

Could be coming sooner rather than later.

Said before, if they don't make group stages of Europe at least then they will be screwed!

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Seems we are both waiting for Godot, otherwise why would we both be here? But I agree, TRFC will continue, but only for as long as they find someone to lend them money, as Rangers did. Worked out well for them, too, and, of course, the economic reasoning you produce of, 'they are spending money so they must have it', is always a fine argument. Just about every business that has ever gone bankrupt had money, then they spent it, and the more they spent, the closer to bankruptcy they got!

Indeed. Whilst on a vastly different scale, compare this with the Enron fiasco. A business widely acknowledged to be good, if not the best, despite racking up biblical levels of (albeit hidden) debt. A business that went from great to gone in about 6 weeks.

No-one knows for sure where their money is coming from, or any terms that have come with it, but it's clear to anyone who can look at things objectively that if the water is coming in faster than you you can bail it out, eventually you get wet.

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh::laugh:

There are times you have to wonder about you and peterintherain (original poster) if you find that amusing 

I had thought people were more enlightened in this century but seemingly not.  

The days of comments such as that being acceptable are, one would have thought, over but that's up to others to decide

Just shows I was right though, the poster was unable to raise his game so lowered his game instead

jacklivi1874
2 minutes ago, trotter said:

Indeed. Whilst on a vastly different scale, compare this with the Enron fiasco. A business widely acknowledged to be good, if not the best, despite racking up biblical levels of (albeit hidden) debt. A business that went from great to gone in about 6 weeks.

No-one knows for sure where their money is coming from, or any terms that have come with it, but it's clear to anyone who can look at things objectively that if the water is coming in faster than you you can bail it out, eventually you get wet.

From ST sales, Shirt sales and other shit they aint hid its its Jam today stuff its all about now , easy to get there game plan

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There are times you have to wonder about you and peterintherain (original poster) if you find that amusing 

The days of comments such as that being acceptable are, one would have thought, over but that's up to others to decide

Just shows I was right though, the poster was unable to raise his game so lowered his game instead

Defending bigots on the grounds of enlightenment, it's a novel approach. 

49 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Oh the irony!   Enlightenment and that lot from Govan - hilarious.

Edited by Deevers

22 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Oh the irony!   Enlightenment and that lot from Govan - hilarious.

If your looking for the rangers definition of enlightenment, go onto bears den and read the thread about yesterday's march in cowdenbeath. Enlightenment! :laugh:

48 minutes ago, Elmore said:

If your looking for the rangers definition of enlightenment, go onto bears den and read the thread about yesterday's march in cowdenbeath. Enlightenment! :laugh:

I won't bother as the internet browsing history on the company laptop is already suspect, but can I assume liberal use of the words, Fenian, Tim, kafflik, conspiracy, paedo, and establishment?

Edited by trotter

1 hour ago, trotter said:

I won't bother as the internet browsing history on the company laptop is already suspect, but can I assume liberal use of the words, Fenian, Tim, kafflik, conspiracy, paedo, and establishment?

Its more a 'celebration' of their traditions but expressed in their usual eloquent way. A couple of weeks ago there was a thread about a possible signing and one poster asked if the player was of 'proper household'. WTF is that supposed to mean?  Its funny but also frustrating that we are stuck with people like this in Scottish football. Though they do make you feel good about yourself. 

Edited by Elmore

11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Do SevCo still have the same sponsor?

26039A3F-13C8-46AB-84A4-A3CB0BEAAC74.jpeg

I think its now littlewoods catalogue. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Of course. All the second hand stories and innuendos. Like their stand roofs to name one example and the need to decamp to Hampden. One that those "dear readers" have conveniently forgotten.

5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Fair play, you're great comedy value. 

PS Don't let go of the thesaurus . 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Of course. All the second hand stories and innuendos. Like their stand roofs to name one example and the need to decamp to Hampden. One that those "dear readers" have conveniently forgotten.

I take it you know for a fact that no work was ever required to the Ibrox roofs? Or is it just the case that if you don't see the proof that these roofs need work done on them, then an Irish blogger must have been lying/making up stories? I seem to remember, though, that Dave King stated in a Q&A PR exercise that work was required on the roofs - but I know he tells lies, so maybe he's PMGB's mole:laugh:

But regardless of the veracity of any blog, Celtic minded or otherwise, like so many defenders of RFC/TRFC, you would rather continue with your attack on all things Celtic than respond to the more germane points of my, and other posters', posts. As I've said before, it matters not one jot what PMGB or anyone else says, TRFC will eventually go bust if they do not sort their finances out. There is evidence for this in the history of Scottish football, and it's documented in a book by an Irish blogger called 'Downfall' (I've not read it but I believe it covers the events leading up to Rangers' fall into liquidation).

Can you ignore the claims of PMGB and put forward a reasonable case for your repeated assertions that TRFC will not go bust, or is it just the case that your hatred of Celtic, and it's supporters, is so great that you cannot accept the possibility of the demise of a second Rangers (a club you no doubt see as the sole bastion against the might of your hated enemy) and your assertions are solely based on this?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
13 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Can you explain why the antics of a bunch of drunken bigots is not an acceptable target for ridicule?

Geoff Kilpatrick
44 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I take it you know for a fact that no work was ever required to the Ibrox roofs? Or is it just the case that if you don't see the proof that these roofs need work done on them, then an Irish blogger must have been lying/making up stories? I seem to remember, though, that Dave King stated in a Q&A PR exercise that work was required on the roofs - but I know he tells lies, so maybe he's PMGB's mole:laugh:

But regardless of the veracity of any blog, Celtic minded or otherwise, like so many defenders of RFC/TRFC, you would rather continue with your attack on all things Celtic than respond to the more germane points of my, and other posters', posts. As I've said before, it matters not one jot what PMGB or anyone else says, TRFC will eventually go bust if they do not sort their finances out. There is evidence for this in the history of Scottish football, and it's documented in a book by an Irish blogger called 'Downfall' (I've not read it but I believe it covers the events leading up to Rangers' fall into liquidation).

Can you ignore the claims of PMGB and put forward a reasonable case for your repeated assertions that TRFC will not go bust, or is it just the case that your hatred of Celtic, and it's supporters, is so great that you cannot accept the possibility of the demise of a second Rangers (a club you no doubt see as the sole bastion against the might of your hated enemy) and your assertions are solely based on this?

1. You missed the point about the Hampden example. Sevco moving out would have been a major event. Fixing a roof isn't a story but "dear readers" were hooked on the move angle.

2. I am no defender of Rangers in any form. Their comedy club delights me with their mediocrity and I'm quite happy it exists in this form, losing to Luxembourg part timers and winning nothing.

3. The "reasonable case" is the Sevco accounts. They exist at the largesse of their directors, much as we did under Vlad (before that we existed at the largesse of HBOS). While directors continue to fund soft loans and are prepared to burn that cash then they will quite happily continue as a going concern. You can question their motivations, and I certainly do, particularly working with an out and out spiv like King but it is there in black and white. Hence my Waiting for Godot point to you.

One thing I will say to you: I used to read SFM but I lost interest when it became clear that it was simply a Celtic blog in disguise, focused on all things Sevco. If it has changed since then to look at Scottish football in the round, good luck to it.

IveSeenTheLight
11 hours ago, Elmore said:

I think its now littlewoods catalogue. 

Woosh for my post.

Look at the image again.

As they have a Casino sponsor, let's hope they're plying blackjack and hit one time too much for soft loans and go bust.

26039A3F-13C8-46AB-84A4-A3CB0BEAAC74.jpeg.de1023afb7df2b4f6c2240704e991a56[1].jpeg

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1. You missed the point about the Hampden example. Sevco moving out would have been a major event. Fixing a roof isn't a story but "dear readers" were hooked on the move angle.

2. I am no defender of Rangers in any form. Their comedy club delights me with their mediocrity and I'm quite happy it exists in this form, losing to Luxembourg part timers and winning nothing.

3. The "reasonable case" is the Sevco accounts. They exist at the largesse of their directors, much as we did under Vlad (before that we existed at the largesse of HBOS). While directors continue to fund soft loans and are prepared to burn that cash then they will quite happily continue as a going concern. You can question their motivations, and I certainly do, particularly working with an out and out spiv like King but it is there in black and white. Hence my Waiting for Godot point to you.

One thing I will say to you: I used to read SFM but I lost interest when it became clear that it was simply a Celtic blog in disguise, focused on all things Sevco. If it has changed since then to look at Scottish football in the round, good luck to it.

1. Again, I repeat, what PMGB writes has no bearing on the eventual outcome at Ibrox, yet you seem unable to let it go, you are constantly berating him and anybody on here who makes reference to him, often using the fact that what he has said in the past hasn't always come to fruition (as far as we know) as some vindication for your assertion that TRFC aren't on the brink of going bust (I'm not saying they are at this point in time). I don't care what PMGB says, what matters to me, though, is that he helps keep the disgusting story of cheating and cover-ups alive, he is an antidote to the Rangers-centric SMSM.

2. You certainly come across as a defender of Rangers (IL) and of their successor club, though your hatred of all things Celtic seems to be your major driving force, so maybe you are not intending to defend the Ibrox clubs but feel compelled to strike out at anything you see as having a Celtic bias. You seem unable to separate your view of Celtic from this whole saga, as though, to you, Celtic being bad must somehow be a balance to 'Rangers' being cheats. You are welcome to your view of what's happening to our game, but your constant belittling of fellow Jambos on this thread for mentioning PMGB, or any other Celtic facing entity, does you no favours. If you feel so strongly about what PMGB says, or just want somewhere to deride him and his followers, why don't you start a new thread where people of a like mind can join in? In the meantime you could still post here without referring to his perceived shortcomings as some sort of vindication for Rangers and TRFC.

3. The RIFC/TRFC interim accounts to 31 Dec 2017, in line to all previous sets of accounts, were a disaster, showing continued losses and a chronic requirement for additional loans. They also showed that the directors had ceased to provide those loans, including the loans promised by King in the 20 June 2017 final accounts, resulting in the heavily secured Close Brothers loan. The continued promise of a share issue has not been fulfilled and the new kit deal hasn't proved to be a money-spinner either. Right now the only money TRFC has is whatever Hummel put in upfront and the income from season ticket sales which should have been earmarked to repay Close Brothers (though the loan is for a year it was spun as if it would be repaid by now). The annual salary bill has increased and transfer fees agreed that will have eaten up most of the increase in income through STs and Hummel while they have been unable to offload any of their high paid passengers. They are still, supposedly, looking to increase their wage bill with high cost transfers. At best, they have thrown the dice and are praying on a six, although percentage wise, they probably don't have as good a chance of avoiding an insolvency event as one in six. Yes, there have been a large number of times that their demise has been predicted with well founded reasoning, yet somehow they've survived, but it only takes one time for a loan not to appear before the administrators are called in. 

As to SFM. Yes, it is run by a couple of Celtic supporters, and most of the contributors are Celtic supporters, but if you'd continued to follow it you'd have found that whenever a 'Celtic interest only' post is made it gets a lot of criticism, mostly from other Celtic supporters. And yes, it is focused mainly on issues surrounding Rangers and TRFC, but that's because the game's governors have not dealt with the cheating and other things surrounding those clubs and have instead actively joined them in the cover-ups and lies. By the way, talking of Celtic supporters, did you notice that the pressure put on Hampden by the Resolution12 guys has paid off with an inquiry into the granting of Rangers Euro license in 2011?* Or is that just another Celtic conspiracy?

*Rhetorical question, of course.

Spellczech
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm with Geoff on this one. Not overly bothered about Rangers 2012 going bust, as they'd just come back with yet another hat on.

I do enjoy them overspending and underperforming though. The longer they win no silverware the better.

kirkierobroy

From the Bears' Den thread about the Cowdenbeath Authralopithecenes' march;

The amount of kids and young families out is always good to see, they are our future.

Sheesh.

And what is it with Cowdenbeath? My home town (in the west) doesn't have an Orange Lodge any more so I was especially raging in 2012 when my bus was stationary for 15 minutes to let a bowler hat march go past (apparently celebrating whatever jubilee it was for the Queen that year). Both bands were from Cowdenbeath, per the information on their Lambegs.

Didn't Cowdenbeath have a Communist cooncillor for a while? How did he get on with Ra Peepul?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic