The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It’s a shame that FFP doesn’t include Financial Regulation Adherance. Surely we’re now looking at a Football club being effectively run bypass convicted criminal that’s facing another personal court date re contempt (remember King isn’t officially associated with the club, just the holding company- but that’s horse manure). 

When will SFA/UEFA step in to protect the reputation of our game/prospects of properly run clubs? 

Jambof3tornado

So we wont see much of king at ibroke this season.

Unless he borrows that mexican tash and sombrero that whyte used!

...a bit disco

From the BBC...

331BAE3000000578-3536318-image-a-11_1460

Why does he not just make the offer?  Surely most rangers fans would reject it anyway.  Is it not the same as what budge done with us?  Can't really remember but I'm positive I got a letter about my shares when we were taken over.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I wonder if Dodgy Dave will be arrested, on contempt charges, if/when he next returns to the UK.

I don't know the answer, but it would be interesting to know if he's been in the UK since the 8th of June. I very much doubt he has been, though, clearly, he may not have had cause to return whether or not the contempt process might lead to his arrest.

As has been stated elsewhere, his dealings with the TOP, and the CoS for that matter, have been very similar to his delaying tactics with SARS and the SA legal system.

9 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Why does he not just make the offer?  Surely most rangers fans would reject it anyway.  Is it not the same as what budge done with us?  Can't really remember but I'm positive I got a letter about my shares when we were taken over.

Because he can't comfirm to the satisfaction of the Takeover Panel that the funds are available. 

All the money for all the shares has to be available before the formal offer can be made. 

Edited by Mikey1874

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Nope, totally different. Not all TRFC shares are owned by supporters, and enough are in the hands of people with no liking for King that, if they accept the offer, will bring the concert party holding to over the necessary 50%. A few million pounds worth!

Is King skint (in a better off than me kind of way) he’s obviously not got that kind of monies here in the U.K. despite his war chest promises. Is the veneered emperors clothes beginning to reveal what most of knew anyway and some chose and still choose to turn a blind eye for too. 

cannonfoda

Just visited bears den site and not a single mention of the latest court orders!

How long before the bubble bursts and we see 3rd rangers? 

Jambof3tornado
59 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Just visited bears den site and not a single mention of the latest court orders!

Do they not have a side room for airing their dirty linen?

Wishful thinking guys, all is rosy in the Rangers garden and these are just stories peddled by Celtic loving bloggers which makes you just as bad as them for thinking it might be true.

I got that on good authority from someone on here.

1 hour ago, cannonfoda said:

Think you need to be a fully paid up member to see that, maybe CJGJ can let us know what they are saying.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Think you need to be a fully paid up member to see that, maybe CJGJ can let us know what they are saying.

Lol. Spat my biscuit out lol

Shanks said no
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes, I think I can get into it, will report back

There is a thread in their Boardroom and Financial section, 137 replies so far, title is king breaches court ruling and TOP order its been running since April 27 but has activity today

And before anyone says it, no you don't need to be paid up to access

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

There is a thread in their Boardroom and Financial section, 137 replies so far, title is king breaches court ruling and TOP order its been running since April 27 but has activity today

I just looked on followfollow. Only 1 person actually asking why he doesnt just make the offer and be done with it.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I don't see it, do you have a link?

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No payment required but I think you have to answer a few questions like what is your season ticket seat number.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Longshanks said:

It's still a profit, a big one, for the penny shareholders like the Easdales. Irrespective of that, King needs to provide evidence he can fund it.

I would guess King won't be seen much at Ibronx for fear of arrest this season. I'm not sure extradition would be pursued for contempt of court though.

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You need to have a log in and if I give a link it may show my log in !

I can't see the subforum when I log out

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

You need to have a log in and if I give a link it may show my log in !

I can't see the subforum when I log out

I've got a login but can't see it, I'm sure I was asked a wee while ago for seat details for full access.

50 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There was quite a bit of it being paraded through Cowbenbeath last weekend, no?

Shanks said no
24 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've got a login but can't see it, I'm sure I was asked a wee while ago for seat details for full access.

There is a wee warning thingy on my account but I just ignored it and still have access, suspect I am getting sussed.

7 hours ago, graygo said:

That's the Rangers way. All paranoia - who's going to voice opinions freely when there's a register of where you sit so you can be identified.

7 hours ago, graygo said:

That's the Rangers way. All paranoia - who's going to voice opinions freely when there's a register of where you sit so you can be identified.

12 hours ago, jambovambo said:

The fued? Aye nae bother BBC, you absolute shitebags. It’s no a fued ffs, it’s a man breaking the law ffs. 

As someone mentioned on Twitter, ina similar vein, Fred West had a similar ‘fued’ with the authorities over the foundations he used for his garage floor. 

Fued? Geeze peace...

Perth to Paisley

Should the G&SL be charged with ‘contempt’ what is the range of penalties available  to the authorities.

Assuming it’s somewhere between a £5 fine to ban on Directorship to 6 months in Bar L where on that scale is likely?.

... as he has obviously be obfuscating I hope it’s custodial!

cannonfoda
2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Should the G&SL be charged with ‘contempt’ what is the range of penalties available  to the authorities.

Assuming it’s somewhere between a £5 fine to ban on Directorship to 6 months in Bar L where on that scale is likely?.

... as he has obviously be obfuscating I hope it’s custodial!

£5 quid fine paid by the SFA at quid a week. 

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

The fued? Aye nae bother BBC, you absolute shitebags. It’s no a fued ffs, it’s a man breaking the law ffs. 

As someone mentioned on Twitter, ina similar vein, Fred West had a similar ‘fued’ with the authorities over the foundations he used for his garage floor. 

Fued? Geeze peace...

:lol:

Enjoyed this post, but...

'Fued'?

Tbf, this only added to the hilarity mate.

:thumbsup:

Another Robbo
19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hard to know what the exact true position is on legal matters but link below suggests fine and up to 2 years in prison.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/49/section/15

I read it as 3 months or a level 4 fine. The above I think only applies to indictments. There’s a bit here https://www.livbrown.co.uk/family-law/overview/contempt-of-court about penalties for contempt in family actions that has the same penalties. 

IveSeenTheLight

You guys seem to have a good handle on these sort of things.

Can someone make a summary of likely / potential impact?

Is this likely to create a good popcorn moment?

46 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Enjoyed this post, but...

'Fued'?

Tbf, this only added to the hilarity mate.

:thumbsup:

? never even noticed mate. To be fair it was early doors this morning, I was tired?

Given that predictive text never picked up on it though, I’m now left wondering WTF a fued is???

23 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

I read it as 3 months or a level 4 fine. The above I think only applies to indictments. There’s a bit here https://www.livbrown.co.uk/family-law/overview/contempt-of-court about penalties for contempt in family actions that has the same penalties. 

A level 4 fine? They could just pay Jim Traynor less that month. 

Scnorthedinburgh

This will be a civil law contempt, don't think a fine or jail will be applied.

It's just a mechanism to get him to comply with the original order

If he still doesn't comply then he may be looking at hot water.

kingdannyb

If they do find him guilty and fine him, there is still the issue of the shares.

What happens to his "ownership" of Sevco ?

8 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Doesn't look like much of a punishment to me.

depositphotos_57633597-stock-photo-man-a

18 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

But he hasn’t complied yet. How long does he get?

And how much more disrepute can he bring to the game before the authorities take action? 

Farcical 

2 minutes ago, jamboz said:

But he hasn’t complied yet. How long does he get?

And how much more disrepute can he bring to the game before the authorities take action? 

Farcical 

I don't think they can do anything because they accepted the 'he's the chairman of the holding company, not the club' cop out. They are laughing at the lot of us. Who is the actual chairman of 'the club'? 

...a bit disco
41 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

? never even noticed mate. To be fair it was early doors this morning, I was tired?

Given that predictive text never picked up on it though, I’m now left wondering WTF a fued is???

14 hours ago, cannonfoda said:

Not any time soon IMO. King may be a lot of things but he's not stupid. He will know exactly what he's doing and will know just what he can get away with re TOP. From experience of being an accountant in a (small to medium in my case) business that lost money 7 years out of 9, most people would be surprised how long you can go on juggling cash flow, robbing Peter to pay Paul etc. The Rangers have a long way to go unfortunately, before version 3 will be required.

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Not any time soon IMO. King may be a lot of things but he's not stupid. He will know exactly what he's doing and will know just what he can get away with re TOP. From experience of being an accountant in a (small to medium in my case) business that lost money 7 years out of 9, most people would be surprised how long you can go on juggling cash flow, robbing Peter to pay Paul etc. The Rangers have a long way to go unfortunately, before version 3 will be required.

Europe is the key. If Rangers get turfed out at the first hurdle, or early on, then that would necessarily bring administration much closer.

Reads as if every delaying tactic available was used. If I was a supplier to Sevco I'd be asking for payment on delivery after reading through that.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Elmore said:

I don't think they can do anything because they accepted the 'he's the chairman of the holding company, not the club' cop out. They are laughing at the lot of us. Who is the actual chairman of 'the club'? 

Remember the SFA changing the rules to fine Vlad and the MSM were castigating him and the club left right and centre. There is no feud between King and the TOP as inferred by the BBC. Quite simply the glib one is in total contravention of the Companies Act --- Total disregard -- no ifs buts or maybe yet the media and the football authorities continue to more or less turn a blind eye.

buzzbomb1958

Don't think we'll see GASL anytime soon as he will be arrested when he touches British soil,he will probably sell up and leave SEVCO in a worse position than when he conned his way back in I think this thread has plenty legs yet

On 01/07/2018 at 18:22, CJGJ said:

There are times you have to wonder about you and peterintherain (original poster) if you find that amusing 

I had thought people were more enlightened in this century but seemingly not.  

The days of comments such as that being acceptable are, one would have thought, over but that's up to others to decide

Just shows I was right though, the poster was unable to raise his game so lowered his game instead

Ye let yer club die, ye let yer club die, feck ye Sevco, ye let yer club die. 

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Has there ever been a previous case involving a UK company/TOP which has led to contempt of court proceedings ? King must find £11 milion to be lodged in the UK  and  get a bank with the necessary experience in these matters  which will take on the risk to meet the potential £11 million cost. No UK bank will touch him with a barge pole, he can't (and never could) get £11 million out of S Africa  so where the money will come from is anyone's guess.  The TOP have him by the balls and they are squeezing. I think this is a whole new experience for GASL  and he won't be enjoying it. They have his measure and they are not messing about but it's a completely different issue from any trading issue (IMO). Sevco may or may not go bust but this isn't going to go away.

31 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Has there ever been a previous case involving a UK company/TOP which has led to contempt of court proceedings ? King must find £11 milion to be lodged in the UK  and  get a bank with the necessary experience in these matters  which will take on the risk to meet the potential £11 million cost. No UK bank will touch him with a barge pole, he can't (and never could) get £11 million out of S Africa  so where the money will come from is anyone's guess.  The TOP have him by the balls and they are squeezing. I think this is a whole new experience for GASL  and he won't be enjoying it. They have his measure and they are not messing about but it's a completely different issue from any trading issue (IMO). Sevco may or may not go bust but this isn't going to go away.

What at does it cost for a bank with this back ground, it won’t be cheap?

27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Looks like Julian Wolhardt has bailed out (he bought half of Mike Ashley's shares).

The shares are now owned by Borita Investments

https://rangers.co.uk/club/investor-centre/shareholder-centre/circulars-admission-document/

I am not sure it is bailing out as such.  He has moved them to a company he probably owns.

My guess is he is not wanting to lose the cash but he is also not wanting his name associated with Rangers and King.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic