The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The Treasurer

If they have already registered the new strip (the "next season" one that seems widely known) with the SPFL as their official strip, I'm not sure if they can just revert back..? :unsure:

Certainly under the old SPL rules they would not have been able to do that (a rule that was introduced, ironically, after Rangers changed their strips mid season, to fleece their fans) but I'm not sure about the SPFL. :unsure:

Rules and sevco tend to be rather flexible.

Doubt the SpFL or SFA would object if they decided to turn out in their underpants and a sash

Rules and sevco tend to be rather flexible.

Doubt the SpFL or SFA would object if they decided to turn out in their underpants and a sash

And that's just for the meeting at Hampden to discuss it!

Footballfirst

James Doleman

Just had it confirmed that Brian McTaggart mentioned on this list has no connection with ongoing Rangers Fraud case

It looks like "John James" jumped the gun again suggesting that he was in some way connected to the Charlotte Fakes material.

Edited by Footballfirst

Stupid Sexy Flanders

They hate a boycott eh! :rofl:

Absolutely pathetic behaviour from them as usual. I also can't belive the Herald's incorrect use of "inferring", I thought they were one of the better papers.

Absolutely pathetic behaviour from them as usual. I also can't belive the Herald's incorrect use of "inferring", I thought they were one of the better papers.

Ironic that the main whinger on Twitter had a Big Jock Knew username and icon. And he's offended by a newco reference?

Unknown user

Let's just hope they don't find out that the word Boycott comes from a bunch of Irish peasants' battle against the establishment, it'll **** them right up

Jambo-Jimbo

Let's just hope they don't find out that the word Boycott comes from a bunch of Irish peasants' battle against the establishment, it'll **** them right up

:rofl:

Seymour M Hersh

Just the usual hun intimidation tactics on anyone who speaks the truth about them. Disgusting doesn't really aptly describe this lot.

Diadora Van Basten

Rob MacLean to Pat Nevin "Was it the correct decision to relegate Rangers?"

Rob MacLean to Pat Nevin "Was it the correct decision to relegate Rangers?"

It's absolutely staggering that this question was ever asked when they were actually starting new in the 3rd division.

What I don't get is, why do these presenters still not understand that Rangers weren't relegated? 

They were liquidated, thus a new company starting out at the bottom of the ladder. It's really not that difficult to understand, is it?

Agreed. I've never heard of a football club anywhere in the world being relegated down three divisions. Primarily because that's not the definition of relegation.

Benny Factor

Agreed. I've never heard of a football club anywhere in the world being relegated down three divisions. Primarily because that's not the definition of relegation.

It happened in Scotland only 7 years ago.

Unknown user

There was that weird one where AEK self relegated 2 divisions after already being relegated 1. Something to do with that enabled them to go amateur and shed their huge debt funnily enough

Unknown user

There was that weird one where AEK self relegated 2 divisions after already being relegated 1. Something to do with that enabled them to go amateur and shed their huge debt funnily enough

Footballfirst

It seems that Rangers have just started action at the Court of Session against Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge, Llambias, Ashley and Sports Direct.

I asume that it is in connection with the retail deal.

It seems that Rangers have just started action at the Court of Session against Green, Ahmad, Stockbridge, Llambias, Ashley and Sports Direct.

There is an advert in the Times today regarding this and requesting Ahmed to contact them for details if he wishes to challenge the jurisdiction of the court or to defend the action.

Jambof3tornado

Was mentioned briefly on the ticker tape on sky sports news.

Footballfirst

The jurisdiction may become an issue if it is the validity of the Retail deal that is being questioned, as the deal was made under English Law and Rangers Retail Ltd is based in Shirebrook in Derbyshire.

Cairneyhill Jambo

The Lying King been sniffing the glue again.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7164901/Dave-King-Four-of-Celtics-titles-dont-count-because-Rangers-werent-in-league.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-ScottishSunSport-ScottishSunSport-_-20160520-_-SunScotSport-_-474196382-_-Imageandlink

Dave King: Four of Celtic?s titles don?t count.. because Rangers weren?t in league

DAVE KING has played down the significance of Celtic?s title wins ? insisting they are ?meaningless? without Rangers.

Earlier this month the Hoops clinched five-in-a-row.

But Ibrox supremo King reckons that only amounts to ONE-in-a-row because Gers weren?t in the league.

He said: ?The rivalry of the Old Firm has been intense for over a century as each team has vied to dominate the other one.

?The legendary nine-in-a-row teams are testimony to what this means to each club?s history and to the respective fans, even though many were not even living at the time of Celtic?s nine-in-a-row success.

?The nine-in-a-row concept is meaningless unless both clubs are competing against each other.

?Even though Celtic have won the last five titles it is still only one-in-a-row in terms of our rivalry ? and that is what truly counts for both sets of supporters.

?I interact with enough Celtic supporters on my visits to Glasgow to know how much they have missed competing with Rangers.

?Celtic fans have missed that competition as much as we have.?

All that is set to change next season after Gers secured a triumphant return to the top-flight after four years away.

King, back in Glasgow for today?s Scottish Cup Final against Hibs, insists Gers? re-emergence is a welcome boost for the whole of Scottish football. Neil Lennon won the first of his Premiership titles when Gers were in the top flight in 2011/12, then won two more as Ally McCoist?s side toiled in Leagues One and Two.

Ronny Deila?s two title successes were achieved while Gers were in the Championship under McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Stuart McCall and Warburton.

King believes the feuds which have beset Scottish football since Gers? liquidation have now cooled, just as the team gets ready to play in the Premiership again.

He even believes Hoops fans will welcome the return of their traditional rivals, and the prospect of up to four derbies in the league next term.

King added: ?Most people have moved on.

?There are, of course, some ?diehards? who continue to make noise and get a sympathetic hearing from their own club.

?But that is really not an issue for the vast majority who recognise that Rangers? return to the top flight is a shot in the arm for Scottish football in general, and for the Glasgow economy.

?Celtic supporters are also significant beneficiaries and they have missed the competition.?

Cairneyhill Jambo, on 24 May 2016 - 12:48 PM, said:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7164901/Dave-King-Four-of-Celtics-titles-dont-count-because-Rangers-werent-in-league.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-ScottishSunSport-ScottishSunSport-_-20160520-_-SunScotSport-_-474196382-_-Imageandlink

Dave King: Four of Celtic?s titles don?t count.. because Rangers weren?t in league

DAVE KING has played down the significance of Celtic?s title wins ? insisting they are ?meaningless? without Rangers.

But Ibrox supremo King reckons that only amounts to ONE-in-a-row because Gers weren?t in the league.

He said: ?The rivalry of the Old Firm has been intense for over a century as each team has vied to dominate the other one.

?The legendary nine-in-a-row teams are testimony to what this means to each club?s history and to the respective fans, even though many were not even living at the time of Celtic?s nine-in-a-row success.

?The nine-in-a-row concept is meaningless unless both clubs are competing against each other.

?Even though Celtic have won the last five titles it is still only one-in-a-row in terms of our rivalry ? and that is what truly counts for both sets of supporters.

?I interact with enough Celtic supporters on my visits to Glasgow to know how much they have missed competing with Rangers.

All that is set to change next season after Gers secured a triumphant return to the top-flight after four years away.

King, back in Glasgow for today?s Scottish Cup Final against Hibs, insists Gers? re-emergence is a welcome boost for the whole of Scottish football. Neil Lennon won the first of his Premiership titles when Gers were in the top flight in 2011/12, then won two more as Ally McCoist?s side toiled in Leagues One and Two.

Ronny Deila?s two title successes were achieved while Gers were in the Championship under McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Stuart McCall and Warburton.

King believes the feuds which have beset Scottish football since Gers? liquidation have now cooled, just as the team gets ready to play in the Premiership again.

He even believes Hoops fans will welcome the return of their traditional rivals, and the prospect of up to four derbies in the league next term.

?There are, of course, some ?diehards? who continue to make noise and get a sympathetic hearing from their own club.

?But that is really not an issue for the vast majority who recognise that Rangers? return to the top flight is a shot in the arm for Scottish football in general, and for the Glasgow economy.

?Celtic supporters are also significant beneficiaries and they have missed the competition.?

Does that mean all Sevcos  lower league titles don't count cause the mhanks weren't in those leagues?

...a bit disco

Does that mean all Sevcos  lower league titles don't count cause the mhanks weren't in those leagues?

It would be a shame to disregard their Petrofac Cup win just because Celtic weren't competing for it.

...a bit disco, on 24 May 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

It would be a shame to disregard their Petrofac Cup win just because Celtic weren't competing for it.

:tiny:

alwaysthereinspirit

King is a rambling fool but he has balls the size of King Kongs.

Lincon Premier

The only people missing Sevco from the top flight are the bigots who love to try and out do each other, with how vile they can be. Even Lawwell wants them back because almost half of Celtic's revenue was from those not interested in football, but want to stand up against the other arse cheek.

The two team Scotland could well do without!

Brick Tamland

Now Vlad used to get absolute pelters for coming out with less shite than that.

That man has taken talking arseholery to whole (hole :tiny: ) new level.

niblick1874

What a slavering prick.

He is taking the piss. He is not slavering, but he is quite definitely a prick.

Did Celtic cheat to win those five titles? I can't speak for everyone on here but that statement must be thrown back in his face or that will be that. I don't think I have read or heard anything more baiting, in your face, what are you going to do about it shite from them in all of this. OK you scum (SMSM) you are about to nail your colours to the mast on this one because everyone will see the opportunity you scum have with that statement to ask some very pertinent questions. ******* scum. If It was me, I would put the bigots into administration by ordering them to pay back every paying Football fan for every penny they spent watching over there EBT seasons. ******* scum. 

Edited by niblick1874

It happened in Scotland only 7 years ago.

Indeed it did, but Livingston's demotion to the Third Division in 2009 was a specific sanction applied by the SFL's management committee at a meeting held specifically to decide on a punishment following Liv's breach of the League's insolvency rules. In Rangers(IL) case, no such meeting of the football authorities took place, nor was any sanction applied. The club ceased to exist when it failed to exit administration and Chuck Green's new club subsequently had to apply to join the SPL, then the SFL. Comparing how Livi and Rangers ended up in the bottom division is like comparing cats & dogs, apples & pears, Hibs fans & decorum. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204561/Rescued-Livingston-demoted-division-breach-insolvency-rules.html

Seymour M Hersh

King is a rambling fool who should be sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Ftfy.

There's enough bullshit & bluster in that statement for a load of comedy scripts.

What a shame  there isn't a single churnalist who is willing to call King out on this nonsense.

Don't they have a proper PR man (not the fat twat from Airdrie) to vet this stuff ? 

The Gasman

There's enough bullshit & bluster in that statement for a load of comedy scripts.

What a shame there isn't a single churnalist who is willing to call King out on this nonsense.

Don't they have a proper PR man (not the fat **** from Airdrie) to vet this stuff ?

I'd guess that King just fires out these "statements" on his own, and the Club's PR professionals (assuming they have some) then have to fire fight, "clarify", and loby, as an exercise in damage limitation.

Ah ..delusion and paranoia to cover up on field shortcomings.

Any else got a vlad-esque sense of deja vu?

I was listening to the RangersRadio phone-in on the Sunday after the final, and it was funny as ****! 

Their take on the violence is due to a 4 year build-up of anger and hatred towards Rangers, and the reason it kicked off is because we are all terrified that they are "BACK" :lol: 

They are very proud of their clubs' statement as well :lol:

I wonder how watered down the final copy will be...

Any criticism of Rangers (deceased) and Sevco and the pitch forks will be out.

I think it may be that we're seeing Sevco's influence wane before our eyes.  Outside of heir statement regarding the final is being treated as the absolute pish it is, and when can we say that was ever the case in the past?  Even friendly propaganda outlets like the De-Ranger including the bit about the Huns singing Billy Boys in the headline.  The times they are a-changin'?  Fingers crossed.

jambovambo

What a shame  there isn't a single churnalist who is willing to call King out on this nonsense.

Don't they have a proper PR man (not the fat **** from Airdrie) to vet this stuff ?

Just a hint of the unmitigated pish that we're all going to have to put up with next season. Absolute shit regurgitated by an eager MSM here as always.

Footballfirst

What's the chances of UEFA investigating the SFA?

You can but live in hope, but we are now five years down the road and UEFA have more pressing issues.

Edited by Footballfirst

Watt-Zeefuik

It was a week ago, but my mind keeps going back to this Hootsman article about Desmond and the actions of the Rangers directors in the box:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/how-rangers-directors-antics-led-celtic-to-brendan-rodgers-1-4134642

Reading between the lines, you get the sense that to Desmond at least, and possibly Mike Ashley, it was one thing to let the groundlings have their sectarian songs and punch each other bloody in the streets outside the stadiums, but there was an unspoken gentleman's agreement that the two clubs needed each other and had each others backs, in the way demonstrated in the years of the 11-1 rule.

But in the semifinal at Hampden, while we don't get exactly what happened, I think we can all guess -- if it wasn't GIRUY gestures, it was something equivalent.  Desmond saw it as a breach of trust, and in a huff decided it was time to blow them out of the water with a cash bomb and a big manager signing.

Arms races between the two aren't good news for Hearts in the short run, but if there's a breakdown in the clubbiness between them, well, good.

The Gasman

It was a week ago, but my mind keeps going back to this Hootsman article about Desmond and the actions of the Rangers directors in the box:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/how-rangers-directors-antics-led-celtic-to-brendan-rodgers-1-4134642

Reading between the lines, you get the sense that to Desmond at least, and possibly Mike Ashley, it was one thing to let the groundlings have their sectarian songs and punch each other bloody in the streets outside the stadiums, but there was an unspoken gentleman's agreement that the two clubs needed each other and had each others backs, in the way demonstrated in the years of the 11-1 rule.

But in the semifinal at Hampden, while we don't get exactly what happened, I think we can all guess -- if it wasn't GIRUY gestures, it was something equivalent. Desmond saw it as a breach of trust, and in a huff decided it was time to blow them out of the water with a cash bomb and a big manager signing.

Arms races between the two aren't good news for Hearts in the short run, but if there's a breakdown in the clubbiness between them, well, good.

Certainly looks like there may be "interesting times" ahead if Rangers and Celtic can/will no longer work together as "The Old Firm".

Certainly looks like there may be "interesting times" ahead if Rangers and Celtic can/will no longer work together as "The Old Firm".

If they refuse to work together then it will be good for Hearts. 

If RanTic are less attractive to sponsors and the amount willing to be spent on sponsorship fees then companies may look elsewhere such as Edinburgh or Aberdeen to agree sponsors deals. It may be less for the OF but potentially a hike in sponsorship money for us.

Edited by Mysterion

Walter Bishop

Not really followed this thread for a while, can someone tell me who or what are the offshore game?

jambovambo

A small minority of the Rangers support have tried to get three reporters sacked this week.

We really need to end this madness

(@jamesdoleman)

• Maple Leaf locked this topic