The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Am I reading this right ?

King/Sevco go to court to get rid of MA (basically, by negating his voting power ) , and justify this by saying they have to do this because  otherwise MA  is breaching the  dual club ownership scenario and this is causing conflict with the SFA ?

But it's all BS (Sevco are misleading their shareholders - and bringing the SFA into  a fight that has nothing to do with them ?) Does this not also warrant a disrepute charge ?

The SFA make no public statement to clarify any of this (by that I mean tell Sevco to put the record straight on the SFA position as it really is).

In court , the SFA's  lawyer essentially slags of a guy who has a 9%  shareholding in Sevco (MA) as someone who they are not answerable to but King gets  a private audience - which no one knew  about (really ,  the SMSM media didn't know King was in town ? )Hard to believe. If they didn't know why are L5 keeping their journo pals in the dark about this visit.

King is very restricted in his visits to the UK , for tax reasons. So what was so important he had to make a visit - at this time. - to the SFA Bearing in mind he was in London (seen at a Spurs game) very recently.

No doubt MA will be wondering (even more) what teh SFA & King are/were up to.

Am I reading this right ?

King/Sevco go to court to get rid of MA (basically, by negating his voting power ) , and justify this by saying they have to do this because  otherwise MA  is breaching the  dual club ownership scenario and this is causing conflict with the SFA ?

But it's all BS (Sevco are misleading their shareholders - and bringing the SFA into  a fight that has nothing to do with them ?) Does this not also warrant a disrepute charge ?

The SFA make no public statement to clarify any of this (by that I mean tell Sevco to put the record straight on the SFA position as it really is).

In court , the SFA's  lawyer essentially slags of a guy who has a 9%  shareholding in Sevco (MA) as someone who they are not answerable to but King gets  a private audience - which no one knew  about (really ,  the SMSM media didn't know King was in town ? )Hard to believe. If they didn't know why are L5 keeping their journo pals in the dark about this visit.

King is very restricted in his visits to the UK , for tax reasons. So what was so important he had to make a visit - at this time. - to the SFA Bearing in mind he was in London (seen at a Spurs game) very recently.

No doubt MA will be wondering (even more) what teh SFA & King are/were up to.

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/out-and-about-with-dave-king/ - arf.

"In no way shape or form is Dave King going to the SPFL as a ?courtesy? because he  hasn?t been before newsworthy.

In fact it is so lacking in newsworthy attributes that it almost makes you fire up the cynicism and wonder if the utterly anodyne account of the meeting actually masks a somewhat different reality. Especially as ? by apparent coincidence -Richard Wilson of the BBC was on hand to cover the total non-event. With a TV cameraman.

Yes that?s right. A BBC reporter and cameraman were at Hampden and covered Dave King coming out of the building having met the SPFL for a courtesy chat.

Right now I feel like Lieutenant Columbo during a particularly befuddled moment, when something just doesn?t ring true, but you don?t know why."

This is me now :

Was Dave King telling them "look, he's got me by the short and curlies, and if you don't do something, he has enough info to blow the whole shooting match out of the water" ?

Edited by jambovambo

Dave King saying he went to Hampden because he hadn't met Doncaster or that before. Therefore if they hadn't met,then who passed him fit and proper?

Dave King saying he went to Hampden because he hadn't met Doncaster or that before. Therefore if they hadn't met,then who passed him fit and proper?

I doubt every director of every senior club goes to Hampden to meet the SPFL. 

And anyway, is it not the SFA that decide the 'fit and proper' test.

The clubs themselves decide if someone is fit and proper.  Crazy!

Toxteth O'Grady

It's highlighting how wrong Keith Jackson called things a few months back.

Basically suggested Ashley's attempts at controlling Sevco were over... the reality suggests otherwise.

Big Mike ???

It's highlighting how wrong Keith Jackson called things a few months back. 

Basically suggested Ashley's attempts at controlling Sevco were over... the reality suggests otherwise.

keef jackson wrong? i'm shocked

King pops into Hampden for an informal chat and Richard Wilson just happened to be there.

There is so much shit with that statement how can anybody buy it.

There is something fairly substantial about to occur.

I do hope it was them saying if there is no appeal your titles are getting stripped.

Edited by Jamboelite

It's terrific seeing the SFA dragged into court. Credibility must be at an all time low. Shame.

Still, it's complicated work looking after the best interests of the game.

It's all mental. King pops in for tea, they all happen to be there, media happen to be camped out.

Cannot help but smell shite!

As I see it, there are two scenario's as to why Dave might pop in to have a chat with the SFA.

1.  He simply wanted to introduce himself, having never met the people who passed him as a fit and proper person to run a Scottish football club

2.  He was summoned by the people who passed him as a fit and proper person to explain what the feck is going on, what with all the judicial reviews piling up, which could lead to the unraveling of the decision making process that led to him being granted fit and proper status.

Straightening of stories and best laid plans of rats and glibs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't illegal in Scotland for potential witnesses to write up their version of events in full view of other witnesses. Collusion ? I'm not sure of the relevant legal term.

Anyone with a legal mind on here ?

I think King just pushed the nuclear button with the SFA.

!. He goes down - they go down. 

2. Sevco are fecked, he goes down , they ALL go down.

3. He was visiting the football museum. I've been there and it is worth a visit. Even if you can only spend 90 days a year in the UK as a tax exile , it is worth a visit.

Isn't illegal in Scotland for potential witnesses to write up their version of events in full view of other witnesses. Collusion ? I'm not sure of the relevant legal term.

Anyone with a legal mind on here ?

I think King just pushed the nuclear button with the SFA.

!. He goes down - they go down.

2. Sevco are fecked, he goes down , they ALL go down.

3. He was visiting the football museum. I've been there and it is worth a visit. Even if you can only spend 90 days a year in the UK as a tax exile , it is worth a visit.

Corroboration

Regan  has made this quite clear : it's self certificating. The club/company passes him as fit and proper. Not the SFA. I think.

Even though they (EVERYONE in Glasgow) knew he is a convicted tax criminal and a , quote , "glib and shameless liar" he was passed as fit & proper.

The GASL epithet never bothered King  because the Glasgow media was shit scared to have a go at him over this - but I'm sure this will come back to haunt him and the SFA.

List of cases in progress or awaiting decisions

• High Court fraud and corruption case
  • King contempt of court re RRL contract details
  • King FPP judicial review
  • Dual Interest fine by SFA
  • Green's legal fees claim
  • MASH voting rights interim interdict
  • TRFCG's claim on the BDO creditors pot
  • Non payment of the ?250K fine
  • Players claim over unpaid holiday pay
  • Big tax case appeal or otherwise

Anyone know of any more.

Wow lol, impressive when you put all of them into one list.

Wasn't it the SPFL G@SL was meeting rather than SFA?

With the number of ongoing court cases between G@SL, TRFC, SFA @ HBM, are they allowed to have any meetings without court approval. Or correspondence only between legal representatives?

i wish jj was my dad

Wasn't it the SPFL G@SL was meeting rather than SFA?

With the number of ongoing court cases between G@SL, TRFC, SFA @ HBM, are they allowed to have any meetings without court approval. Or correspondence only between legal representatives?

When did probity ever enter into it at Hampden? 

Regan  has made this quite clear : it's self certificating. The club/company passes him as fit and proper. Not the SFA. I think.

Even though they (EVERYONE in Glasgow) knew he is a convicted tax criminal and a , quote , "glib and shameless liar" he was passed as fit & proper.

The GASL epithet never bothered King  because the Glasgow media was shit scared to have a go at him over this - but I'm sure this will come back to haunt him and the SFA.

if this is overturned and GASL gets emptied, ,and its not the SFA that apply their own rules then sevco are in breach of another rule, points deducted, fine they cant/wont pay, what ?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

And we know he didn't meet with the SFA because...? I would very much doubt that there are any (many) SPFL club chairpersons that don't meet with the top governors of our sport within a very short time after taking office, particularly if their club is based only a short taxi ride from Hampden. While I am sure yesterday's meeting was, indeed, the first meeting between the parties, I am also sure there's a reason of the 'avoidance' nature for the lack of a previous meeting, and also a reason of the 'unavoidable' nature for yesterday's visit.

See this recent article from Big Mike about Rangers misleading the fans on his shareholding. Rangers have to comply with SFA rules etc.

Anyone know if he has any legal recourse, effecting his shareholding, misleading shareholders at an AGM or is that just a case of all's fair in love and war and shite PR?

if this is overturned and GASL gets emptied, ,and its not the SFA that apply their own rules then sevco are in breach of another rule, points deducted, fine they cant/wont pay, what ?

IMO , it's not Sevco being in breach ( at least no on their part). If they submitted all the relevant documents etc , they've done their bit. If you look at that interview Regan gave to Alex Thomson , I think Regan is saying , it's down to the clubs to do

their own investigating and satisfy themselves . Regan was quite clear , IMO, the SFA could not & would not do this (he got trashed

at this point by Thomson).

What is interesting is - on what grounds is MA asking for a judicial review? There have been a couple of posts on TSFM suggesting

that the SFA did not even follow their own due process. No doubt we'll find out for sure in the new year , if the Glasgow media can

be bothered to report it.

IMO , it's not Sevco being in breach ( at least no on their part). If they submitted all the relevant documents etc , they've done their bit. If you look at that interview Regan gave to Alex Thomson , I think Regan is saying , it's down to the clubs to do

their own investigating and satisfy themselves . Regan was quite clear , IMO, the SFA could not & would not do this (he got trashed

What is interesting is - on what grounds is MA asking for a judicial review? There have been a couple of posts on TSFM suggesting

that the SFA did not even follow their own due process. No doubt we'll find out for sure in the new year , if the Glasgow media can

that's all fine but somebody has to be accountable for the rules being adhered to by ALL clubs and anyone breaching the rules should suffer the consiquenses, which hasn't seemed to happen in this whole sordid affair.

I thought one of the reasons Ashley was taking SFA to court was because they passed him fit and proper?

What about the five year rule. He was there when they went into admin and then were liquidated? Could that not be ashley's point?

Brick Tamland

List of cases in progress or awaiting decisions

• High Court fraud and corruption case
  • King contempt of court re RRL contract details
  • King FPP judicial review
  • Dual Interest fine by SFA
  • Green's legal fees claim
  • MASH voting rights interim interdict
  • TRFCG's claim on the BDO creditors pot
  • Non payment of the ?250K fine
  • Players claim over unpaid holiday pay
  • Big tax case appeal or otherwise

Anyone know of any more.

Soon be a The Rangers end in the courts

Did anyone catch this? What was said?

Ronald de Boer tells us why he opted to stay at @RangersFC rather than go to @ManUtd in an exclusive interview. pic.twitter.com/dbLyTeJLVb

CUusJYMWcAEsVIV.jpg

"When Man United were interested I thought it could be a good move but the money they offered couldn't match what Rangers were paying me. If only the biggest team in the UK were able to match my tax free special deal... it could have been so different."

:2thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

@BBCchrismclaug: Former #Rangers CEO Charles Green loses court battle with the club over payment of his legal fees. https://t.co/hiFUxvTZuH

Cruel of Sevco to shit on their founding father in his hour of need.

Very surprised by that decision. The only thing I suspect made the court come to this decision is its a criminal case against Green.

eg: smash your car whilst drunk and your insurance is null and void.

Edited by Dannie Boy

"When Man United were interested I thought it could be a good move but the money they offered couldn't match what Rangers were paying me. If only the biggest team in the UK were able to match my tax free special deal... it could have been so different."

:2thumbsup:

Burst out laughing at that, just wish he had actually said that.

(probably did though, but strictly off the record)

So Charlie will have to dip into his own funds for a laywer.

If he loses it can only mean bad news for Rangers. A penny to the pound that there will be Rangers fans out there celebrating this court decision lol.

Seymour M Hersh

@BBCchrismclaug: Former #Rangers CEO Charles Green loses court battle with the club over payment of his legal fees. https://t.co/hiFUxvTZuH

I thought it was a done deal the way people were talking on here about how Green's QC had roasted the huns.  Did the QC not prove the payment for legal fees were in Green's contract?  LNS mk II?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I thought it was a done deal the way people were talking on here about how Green's QC had roasted the huns.  Did the QC not prove the payment for legal fees were in Green's contract?  LNS mk II?

The way I read it was Green was always going to lose. The contract stated that it would cover Green for his time in charge of Rangers but he was not officially in charge during the purchase of Rangers.

I think people where basically saying that abouts Green's laywer due to the Elephant in the room chat but I may be wrong.

Morally this is a good thing. The fact it benefits Rangers is not important.

Very surprised by that decision. The only thing I suspect made the court come to this decision is its a criminal case against Green.

eg: smash your car whilst drunk and your insurance is null and void.

I'm not (sadly) I posted on the day of the case he was screwed as he sent in a lawyer against a QC, Judge will rarely rule against QC in favour of a plain old lawyer. Just the way it works, schoolboy error by chuckles.

He didn't use a QC, Sevco did, he used a lawyer

I P Knightley

I just had a wee read of the judgement and my take on it is that the clause on legal fees was not sufficiently watertight. 

It reads that he's indemnified if he's taken before the beaks as a result of stuff that happens as a direct result of him being in post as CEO. 

The case being brought against him relates to the process by which he got into the position of being CEO.

If I'm right on it, then Lord Doherty really wan't in a position to pull the trigger. However, what's happened doesn't stop Green going to court and spilling the beans on the sordid details of his takeover and any other skullduggery that may have taken place subsequently. It's a bit like, "what if Danny Grainger had missed his penalty?". The Hibs would have still been pumped and it would still have been awfully funny.

I'm not (sadly) I posted on the day of the case he was screwed as he sent in a lawyer against a QC, Judge will rarely rule against QC in favour of a plain old lawyer. Just the way it works, schoolboy error by chuckles.

I do remember you saying that. Good observation.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic