The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I'm not (sadly) I posted on the day of the case he was screwed as he sent in a lawyer against a QC, Judge will rarely rule against QC in favour of a plain old lawyer. Just the way it works, schoolboy error by chuckles.

this

Footballfirst

It's a pity that the full judgement won't be released until after the criminal case. I was hoping to see some comment about the OC/NC argument.

Very surprised by that decision. The only thing I suspect made the court come to this decision is its a criminal case against Green.

eg: smash your car whilst drunk and your insurance is null and void.

More like beating Ally McCoist to death in the Trophy Room with a candle stick, would be covered..

Lawyers for Green cited clause 8.3 of a ?Without Prejudice Compromise Agreement? between Green and Rangers as justification for the club paying his legal costs against the will of the club.

The clause read: ?The Company [Rangers] will pay any reasonable professional (including, without limitation, legal and accounting) costs and expenses properly incurred by the Employee [Green] after the date of this Agreement which arise from having to defend, or appear in, any administrative, regulatory, judicial or quasi-judicial proceedings by a third party as a result of his having been Chief Executive of The Rangers Football Club or the Company.?

However, Lord Doherty decided the clause did not mean Rangers were obliged to pay the fees.

Footballfirst

Can Chuckles appeal or go down a different road or is this as dead as old Gers?

I would think he can.  Although it was a different jurisdiction, Andy Coulson successfully appealed his legal fee decision.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/nov/28/news-international-andy-coulson-legal-fees

Coincidentally, it was the same lawyer who drew up both Coulson's and Green's compromise agreements. The wording is almost identical.

Here was Coulson's

"to the extent that it is lawfully able to do so, [News Group] will pay any reasonable professional (including, without limitation, legal and accounting) costs and expenses properly incurred by [Mr Coulson] after the Termination Date which arise from his having to defend, or appear in, any administrative, regulatory, judicial or quasi-judicial proceedings as a result of his having been Editor of the News of the World."

I would think he can. Although it was a different jurisdiction, Andy Coulson successfully appealed his legal fee decision.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/nov/28/news-international-andy-coulson-legal-fees

Coincidentally, it was the same lawyer who drew up both Coulson's and Green's compromise agreements. The wording is almost identical.

Here was Coulson's

"to the extent that it is lawfully able to do so, [News Group] will pay any reasonable professional (including, without limitation, legal and accounting) costs and expenses properly incurred by [Mr Coulson] after the Termination Date which arise from his having to defend, or appear in, any administrative, regulatory, judicial or quasi-judicial proceedings as a result of his having been Editor of the News of the World."

I think the significant difference here is that Coulson was covered because the offences occurred when he was employed by the NOW, whereas Charlie's alleged wrongdoings predated his appointment and the date of the agreement.

TriggersBroom

Morally this is a good thing. The fact it benefits Rangers is not important.

This.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Rangers many opposing fan's morals and principles go out the window. 

It's like a Human Rights campaigner who is active against capital punishment demanding the capture, torture and hanging of a dictator. You have to stick to your principles otherwise you cannot expect to be taken seriously or respected, in my opinion.

This.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Rangers many opposing fan's morals and principles go out the window. 

It's like a Human Rights campaigner who is active against capital punishment demanding the capture, torture and hanging of a dictator. You have to stick to your principles otherwise you cannot expect to be taken seriously or respected, in my opinion.

Don't you dare come on here and lecture any Hearts man about morals and principles.

Your club has lacked both these qualities since you were founded. 

When green losses this case hopefully the assets are seized & are sold off to pay the creditors.

This is where Ashley could pull off a master stroke by buying them up & making sevco pay an eye watering rent. Imagine the Hun pain if they don't own their own stadium & have to rent it from Ashley. [emoji23]

. Now that would be as funny as greengingers family tree

Footballfirst

I think the significant difference here is that Coulson was covered because the offences occurred when he was employed by the NOW, whereas Charlie's alleged wrongdoings predated his appointment and the date of the agreement.

Some of the details from the charge sheet (which can be disclosed) related to the period leading up to the IPO.

disgruntledfan

I think there may be a conflict in the wording, Charlie used SEVCO as vessel to buy the assets etc. But the indemnity lies when he was in charge

of "The Rangers". But without SEVCO there is no Rangers and vice versa. Also it has all been pointed out previously, SEVCO still pay wages, employ

managers etc.  Any good QC on appeal should be able to point out that they are one in the same. Maybe I am miles of with my assumptions though.

This.

Is this for real?, your club has flouted & cheated it's way to EBT tainted titles, constantly talks pony of our Scottish game, Constantly gives the we need to move to England talk.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Oh look, it's the monthly TriggersBroom ritual of delusional repeating of mistruths, inferring our dislike of Rangers is rooted in bigotry and being annihilated by FF before disappearing without a response. See you in December!

This.

Footballfirst

Here are a couple of extracts from the charge sheet courtesy of the Daily Record's account of the opening proceedings at the High Court.

?He is accused of conducting a fraudulent initial pubic offering by which substantial equity capital was raised."

?The defender and/or Sevco Scotland received the fruits of that conduct in the form of the acquisition of the business and assets of Rangers and the funds raised by means of the initial public offering.?

Edited by Footballfirst

King of the North

This.

Your opinion, eh?

I'd love to know how much you imagine that is worth, on this forum and on this thread?

The right answer is very very close to absolutely feck all. Still, you bash on...

Your opinion, eh?

I'd love to know how much you imagine that is worth, on this forum and on this thread?

The right answer is very very close to absolutely feck all. Still, you bash on...

Trigger is that stupid he still believes the Glib and Shameless one is still going to invest his own cash,he will be crying in a puddle of wee wee when the light finally breaks through,none but the blind now but the blind eh

I thought it was a done deal the way people were talking on here about how Green's QC had roasted the huns.  Did the QC not prove the payment for legal fees were in Green's contract?  LNS mk II?

Just because people speculate on here does not mean it is going to come true.................it's often posters wishes most of the time not fact despite what we are told/intimated.

A small part of Xmas cheer is going to have to be cancelled for some on here.

Still only another 101 court cases till Christmas :tiny:   and lets hope the real truth re the takeover comes out in the criminal proceedings to come.

Then the action/focus will move to the current position at the club re control, funding and the way ahead (all of which may be impacted upon what comes out of the criminal court cases pending)

Here are a couple of extracts from the charge sheet courtesy of the Daily Record's account of the opening proceedings at the High Court.

?He is accused of conducting a fraudulent initial pubic offering by which substantial equity capital was raised."

?The defender and/or Sevco Scotland received the fruits of that conduct in the form of the acquisition of the business and assets of Rangers and the funds raised by means of the initial public offering.?

So if that charge was proven, wouldn't the purchase of the car park and Edmiston House have been made using the proceeds of fraud and have to be returned to their original owner?

Big Mike won't like that if that's proven as what happens to his security on them? 

And he's not praying

This.

Good post.

I P Knightley

This.

I think most people on here have maintained and continue to maintain their principles over Rangers.

I think most people on here have maintained and continue to maintain their principles over Rangers.

As a latecomer I'd like to point out that I despise them, and that I will be maintaining these principles.

disgruntledfan

This.

So where do your morals and principals lie now that Rangers have been proven to have cheated their way to titles and cups ?

Most fans don't give a rats arse about Rangers but that does not mean they should be just allowed to get away it. Most peoples

morals lie in the wanting of a fair and level playing field when it comes to sporting integrity.

This.

Who gives a monkeys chunky what you or your fellow deadco fans think? Nobody here does. You and your fellow zombie fans have shown zero remorse for your actions and will rightly be adjudged by all fans of football & sportmanship to be the filthy cheating bigots that you are!!!

So where do your morals and principals lie now that Rangers have been proven to have cheated their way to titles and cups ?

Most fans don't give a rats arse about Rangers but that does not mean they should be just allowed to get away it. Most peoples

morals lie in the wanting of a fair and level playing field when it comes to sporting integrity.

I have always found Rangers to be a vile and horrible institution. I have always held the majority of their fans with equally low regard.

I have no concerns over my morals or principles.

If they were to die again, I would not shed a tear. Sadly, there is no chance of their twin joining them. That would be heaven.

FF

If it's not going to cause a problem with the Mods or legal eagles : what was fraudulent about the IPO ? Allegedly. If I'm on shaky ground then please disregard. 

Hadn't realised that. Probably not the best move by chuckles.

I suspect he might stretch to the cost of a QC for his appeal.  Maybe thought his contract was water tight so didn't want to waste money (he is a tight-fisted Yorkshire man after all).

Footballfirst

FF

If it's not going to cause a problem with the Mods or legal eagles : what was fraudulent about the IPO ? Allegedly. If I'm on shaky ground then please disregard. 

Without sight of the Charge Sheet I can't recall what the specifics of the illegality was.

All the press release said was "The eighth charge alleges that between March 1, 2012 and December 30, 2013, at Ibrox, Mr Green obtained ?material benefit and a quantity of shares and money by fraud.?

I am completely speculating here, but the IPO prospectus may have contained inaccurate statements or omitted relevant key information.

Without sight of the Charge Sheet I can't recall what the specifics of the illegality was.

All the press release said was "The eighth charge alleges that between March 1, 2012 and December 30, 2013, at Ibrox, Mr Green obtained ?material benefit and a quantity of shares and money by fraud.?

I am completely speculating here, but the IPO prospectus may have contained inaccurate statements or omitted relevant key information.

Thanks anyway.

Who gives a monkeys chunky what you or your fellow deadco fans think? Nobody here does. You and your fellow zombie fans have shown zero remorse for your actions and will rightly be adjudged by all fans of football & sportmanship to be the filthy cheating bigots that you are!!!

As Basil Brush would say BOOM BOOM

Malinga the Swinga

This.

Why don't you just **** *** back to the Bears Den or Follow Follow where you and your fellow Neanderthals can pontificate about hard done to the deceased club known as Rangers have been. Once you face up , apologise for cheating all of Scottish football, including Celtic, during the EBT and the side letter years, you can come back on here and talk about principles.

You support a newly created club that was unfairly allowed into Division 3 at the expense of properly funded and run clubs because you and your knuckle dragging sidekicks failed to save your club from dying. Since then, you have welcomed White, Green, Ashley and then King as conquering heroes who would get this new club back to some place that you believe you are entightled to, but as at present, have failed to earn. Each one in turn has then lost the backing of your support because they have failed to deliver the fabled 'war chest' that each new owner of Rangers must have and promise. You don't want to be a normal club; you instead yearn for the days of Gascoigne, Laudrup etc as if you have a divine right to win titles and enter Europe, just because you are Protestants from Govan.

I detest your club and what it stands for, I detest your support for not facing up to what they are and what they believe, I detest your sycophantic relationship with the Scottish media, I detest every little thing about your poxy club and if there was any justice, there would be no club called Rangers, Sevco or anything in blue playing football in Scotland ever again.

Why don't you just **** *** back to the Bears Den or Follow Follow where you and your fellow Neanderthals can pontificate about hard done to the deceased club known as Rangers have been. Once you face up , apologise for cheating all of Scottish football, including Celtic, during the EBT and the side letter years, you can come back on here and talk about principles.

You support a newly created club that was unfairly allowed into Division 3 at the expense of properly funded and run clubs because you and your knuckle dragging sidekicks failed to save your club from dying. Since then, you have welcomed White, Green, Ashley and then King as conquering heroes who would get this new club back to some place that you believe you are entightled to, but as at present, have failed to earn. Each one in turn has then lost the backing of your support because they have failed to deliver the fabled 'war chest' that each new owner of Rangers must have and promise. You don't want to be a normal club; you instead yearn for the days of Gascoigne, Laudrup etc as if you have a divine right to win titles and enter Europe, just because you are Protestants from Govan.

I detest your club and what it stands for, I detest your support for not facing up to what they are and what they believe, I detest your sycophantic relationship with the Scottish media, I detest every little thing about your poxy club and if there was any justice, there would be no club called Rangers, Sevco or anything in blue playing football in Scotland ever again.

This with bells on.

This has to be up there as one of the best statement ever. Can we have part 2 please Sir.

Bravo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post of the year?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Fraudulent pubic offering? c#cked it up, did he?

I agree with much of this. There aren't many forums for Hearts fans but this one tends to reflect my feelings about Rangers. :-D

come on malinga no need to sugar coat it

There isn't an original thought from the rangers fans who post on here. It is things they've read on their forums and blogs that they pinch, try it out here and then see it rubbished effortlessly when it's not their own that are discussing it.

Edited by Riccarton3

no club called Rangers, Sevco or anything in blue playing football in Scotland ever again.

Bit harsh on Cowdenbeath, IMO. :whistling:

Walter Bishop

giphy.gif

Fozzyonthefence

Don't you dare come on here and lecture any Hearts man about morals and principles.

Your club has lacked both these qualities since you were founded. 

Indeed - both old club and new club. 

Daydream Believer

This.

You are quite right trigger, but here is the problem....

Any right thinking, objective human, who is prepared to take a sensible view will immediately conclude that Rangers cheated their tax, that they failed to correctly register players and that that they gained an unfair advantage over other clubs because of that.

So while you might very well like fans to take a moral and principled view of the matter, that would result in Green not receiving his legal fees and Rangers losing their trophies.

Are you OK with that?

Because we are.

Edited by Daydream Believer

Bingo

Brilliant Post!

colbertmicgif.gif?w=604

• Maple Leaf locked this topic