The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Was pretty easy for them last time, no redundancies etc, although I would hope D&P wouldn't be appointed next time.

Seriously? Easy?

I'm no sympathiser but staff redundancies, failed CVA, liquidation, new company being taken over by unscrupulous individuals and bleeding tens of millions in the lower divisions doesn't make it seem like administration was an easy option to me.

They were in the top 2 when they went into administration and still haven't recovered.

In fact, this thread is nearly 1700 pages of enjoying the fact that it hasn't been easy for them ffs!

Seriously? Easy?

I'm no sympathiser but staff redundancies, failed CVA, liquidation, new company being taken over by unscrupulous individuals and bleeding tens of millions in the lower divisions doesn't make it seem like administration was an easy option to me.

They were in the top 2 when they went into administration and still haven't recovered.

In fact, this thread is nearly 1700 pages of enjoying the fact that it hasn't been easy for them ffs!

Aye, all because they appointed a friendly administrator. If BDO had gone in and done it properly then they might be in a different situation now.

Aye, all because they appointed a friendly administrator. If BDO had gone in and done it properly then they might be in a different situation now.

That's as may be but it wasn't easy for them imo and there were redundancies- just not in the playing staff

Administration isn't an easy option I would say

Wilson worth ?2m, Holt worth ?3m. At least they haven't lost their sense of humour. [emoji3]

5ace4fee2631accaffe879a15b45804c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Might just pop over there and let them know that currently that squad is worth ?0. 

As far as I am aware no one is trying to buy any of those players.

Love how he has to qualify these figures as well by stating they are his own "realistic" valuations. Oh right, I'll give them consideration then if they are 'realistic' figures........

Window. Licking. Clown.

Might just pop over there and let them know that currently that squad is worth ?0. 

Love how he has to qualify these figures as well by stating they are his own "realistic" valuations. Oh right, I'll give them consideration then if they are 'realistic' figures........

Window. Licking. Clown.

I guess they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. This site gives a fairly objective look at transfer values and I would suggest has little reason to be on their haters list. Whole squad...less than ?4,5m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/startseite/verein/124

Mind you it values our squad at less than ?4m

Edited by moonraker

I guess they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. This site gives a fairly objective look at transfer values and I would suggest has little reason to be on their haters list. Whole squad...less than ?4,5m

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/startseite/verein/124

Mind you it values our squad at less than ?4m

And the vermin at ?4.94m, safe to say this site should be ignored.

Diadora Van Basten

Think it's fair to say that Bryan Jackson would have had his windows tanned in by the Orcs if he had been Rangers administrator.

Toxteth O'Grady

Think it's fair to say that Bryan Jackson would have had his windows tanned in by the Orcs if he had been Rangers administrator.

He isn't finished with Oldco yet. He will be watching the Green and Whyte court case closely and I expect he will be prepared to make a claim for the Big Hoose if he can.

And probably organised by some of the ringmasters BBC Scotland and STV can't get on radio -tv quick enough.

Anyway.

Who knows how it would have panned out under Jackson?

Well it wouldn't as one of the BDO London guys would have led it.

And remember didn't the Accountancy regulatory body clear D&P of any wrong doing in terms of fees charged and the way Administration was handled up to the incorporated company running a football club in Scotland against Scots company law was liquidated.

Or whatever old Rangers is called.

Edited by DETTY29

I wonder how much 3 months of his contract is worth just to have him off the books ?.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-gaffer-ally-mccoist-6406950

241cbee4e6b43d7050ae294544f8c270.jpg

So McMoist has a maximum 4 months left on his gardening leave , he's been paid for 8 or 9 months so far but a "settlement" is going to be reached. Does that mean paying him up in full now, paying him some of what they owe him or not paying any of what is outstanding ? Struggling to see what this is about. Amazed the DR didn't get this clarified <rolls eyes>.

And why were we not told King has been in the UK ? Where has he been - presumably not at Ibrox (I'm sure the Record would have been printing to that effect if true). I think we should be told.

Three possible reasons...

1) Any settlement will be ex-gratia, so the first ?30k of it will be tax free whereas gardening leave money will all be taxable. This allows McCoist to get same money as he would have done but less of it goes to taxman. Probably not worth it over the whole 12 month deal.

2) He's got another job and wants to go to it, but can't get released from his Sevco contract without a settlement

3) and most likely - a settlement works both ways - he gets some money, the company get something in return - one usual thing is confidentiality about the agreement, but in this case, there's presumably plenty of folk waving chequebooks around to get his story, and the club are potentially buying his silence going forward. 

any reason why farin?  have you heard something?

i genuinely hope its not his silence being bought.  really want him to lift the lid haha

The Treasurer

Why (according to the media) does the Lying King have to always "jet in"

Can he not just arrive like any normal person

It's easier (and takes up less typeface) to say "jets in/jets out" than to say fleeing the country for tax purposes.

Edited by 269miles

Maybe he " jets in" due to his solo penile abilities.   ( sorry any ladies around etc) 

Big Slim Stylee

Three possible reasons...

1) Any settlement will be ex-gratia, so the first ?30k of it will be tax free whereas gardening leave money will all be taxable. This allows McCoist to get same money as he would have done but less of it goes to taxman. Probably not worth it over the whole 12 month deal.

2) He's got another job and wants to go to it, but can't get released from his Sevco contract without a settlement

3) and most likely - a settlement works both ways - he gets some money, the company get something in return - one usual thing is confidentiality about the agreement, but in this case, there's presumably plenty of folk waving chequebooks around to get his story, and the club are potentially buying his silence going forward. 

There's also the - highly likely - possibility that the Rangers are in arrears on payments to him.

August Landmesser

Killie will sign Sally to stand behind the opposition goal baring his arse to give Boydy something to aim at. Murray Park Football Academy anaw...

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

alwaysthereinspirit

"Jet in" = Private jet = off the radar wealth.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ken, makes the jakey-faced old ferret sound like Iron Man or something. :unsure:

Window. Licking. Clown.

I went to point out the error of his ways but couldn't find the thread. Willing to still do it if someone has a link.

And remember didn't the Accountancy regulatory body clear D&P of any wrong doing in terms of fees charged and the way Administration was handled up to the incorporated company running a football club in Scotland against Scots company law was liquidated.

Or whatever old Rangers is called.

Professional curiosity here. Has anyone got a link to a story where an accountancy regulator or similar exonerates Duff and Phlaps? I'd be sadly amused.

I wonder how much 3 months of his contract is worth just to have him off the books ?. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-gaffer-ally-mccoist-6406950241cbee4e6b43d7050ae294544f8c270.jpg

PR fluff. "Reaching an agreement" with three months to go is paying up three months in full.

They're sitting on ST money and the proceeds from a few full houses. They can pay out what they're due today with no serious impact on cash flow.

By calling it a settlement, they could get a lapdog press to lick it up and paint the jet-setting King as some kind of hero.

So many weak-minded mugs associated with Scottish football and the pathetic press.

Professional curiosity here. Has anyone got a link to a story where an accountancy regulator or similar exonerates Duff and Phlaps? I'd be sadly amused.

The Insolvency Practitioners Association only cleared D&P of conflict between their advice to Whyte pre purchase and their role as administrators some time later.

There has been no ruling as to their competency as administrators. That assessment sits with BDO and the courts.

So from that link , Phil assures us a City chap wanted some comfort re ownership of assets ?

If he knows what was asked , why doesn't he say what the given answer was to that question  ?

I can't think of anything more critical to the future of Sevco right now. Can you ?

King hints that McCoist may have another job to go to.

1 retweet0 favourites
Retweet

Favourite

More

So Super basically has another job and they have said 'We want you to start now' next thing you know Ally is in touch with Mr King saying 'I tell you what I'll do you a deal pay me 2/3 of the last 4 months and we will call it quits cause im a good guy and you can give me a bit of good PR with the faithful'

And everyone laps it up.

Ally looked after numero uno and had a nice 9months off and is now off to do something else and he's probably managed to get ?160k before going.

Loving your work Ally

Edited by Jamboelite

Ally stepped forward and became a figurehead in the struggle to keep the Club alive.

For the princely sum of 800K smackers a year. Still eye bleeding.

'Club's holding company...'

The lady doth protest too much.

When the Club's holding company entered administration and then liquidation, Ally stepped forward.....

How contorted can it be LOL.

King says club hopes to make announcement on stock listing in coming days.

This will tell us a lot. If it happens.

My understanding is that to be listed on the ISDX market of the Stock Exchange, a company must demonstrate that it has at least enough capital to trade for 18 months.

There is also the potential issue of ownership of the assets.

The PR spin continues?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34212152

The following comment caught my eye.

Meanwhile, King indicated there's no need for further investment from shareholders this season unless it is to bolster the playing squad.

"At the moment we are well funded through to the end of the season, we are ahead of where we thought we might be.

On that basis there is no funding gap and no requirement for a share issue, which is contrary to all previous statements coming out the club and just about all other commentators.

I think we will have to wait to see what the accounts tell us about their financial status.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The PR spin continues?

Meanwhile, King indicated there's no need for further investment from shareholders this season unless it is to bolster the playing squad.

"At the moment we are well funded through to the end of the season, we are ahead of where we thought we might be.

On that basis there is no funding gap and no requirement for a share issue, which is contrary to all previous statements coming out the club and just about all other commentators.

I think we will have to wait to see what the accounts tell us about their financial status.

When football clubs (or anyone else for that matter) plead poverty, you can be sure they have a wee wedge tucked away. Equally when a football club (or anyone else for that matter) claims to be flush, you can guarantee they don't have a pot to piss in.

Look at how we go about our trading. Always skint to the public, but somehow we still manage to trade very well indeed.

I think there are serious funding issues at that club, personally.

:pleasing:

Edited by Bilel Mohsni

The PR spin continues?

It would appear that he's managed to "over invest" without investing a single penny. Now, that's magic! <insert photo of Paul Daniels here>

Wow, the glib and shameless liar is playing a blinder and must have gone to the joseph goebbels school of propaganda.

Behind the scenes I have this image of corporal jones running about shouting don't panic don't panic!!

Funded through to the end of the season? my arse, unless someone has given them another big loan. Lets see what the accounts say when they come out.

Between is assertion that Hibs made the initial approach re Allen and is conflicting statements to the BBC and STV you have to wonder what's going on in his head.

Between is assertion that Hibs made the initial approach re Allen and is conflicting statements to the BBC and STV you have to wonder what's going on in his head.

When the backstory gets complicated telling the tale leads to mistakes being made and fibbers getting caught.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic