The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Dave king is a liar, he has lied consistently throughout his business career, he has lied to tax authorities, he has lied to the sevco fans(nomad, war chest etc etc), the orcs are just maybe starting to see through the bullsheet but I doubt it because they are "watp" and king is a real rangers man etc etc, if they keep winning, the orcs will swallow as much lamb as king can feed them, until the train smashes into the buffers.

However, they are doing exactly the same thing with the tribute act that murray did with the original rangers, spend more than they earn, whilst they do that, they will always struggle, more wonga loans required to keep the lights on. Look at smeltic, they can't make a profit unless they sell players for multi millions each season or get into the group stages of the champions league and sevco are a long way from making the sort of money that smeltic are making.

The forthcoming court cases will lift some of the rocks at ibrokes and shine a light on them, this will be very interesting and possibly devastating for sevco.

from the article

?9 million, plus the fan ownership schemes accumulation of subscribers cash is the minimum of what Rangers supporter?s have put into their club here, King and the Three Bears (by King?s own admission) have put half that in. Co-investors he said. The Rangers fans are allowing this to happen, after ALL that they?ve been through and after demanding transparency for years why are Rangers fans not asking vital and important questions?

Because they still think they deserve some Mr Moneybags to come in and fund their despicable club whilst doing next to nothing themselves. 

Good article and the writer is correct as some of the orcs are beginning to have their doubts about King.

One of my brothers-in-law who was all but outside waving flags when King took over is now asking 'where's the money' he now thinks King has spent too much time in the sun and should just shut up.

?The first thing you should do as a pro footballer when you get out of bed is drink a bottle of water. The second thing is in the car ? have a drink on the way to training.

Ah the good old days, stop of at the boozer pick up a couple cans. Sorted. And if you followed the George Best routine, shag a bird on the way as well.

I wonder if Mark tests for STDs as well. ;)

Edited by Dannie Boy

Interesting turn of events

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34245039

Wonder what he has to hide

"a religion built on religious bigotry".

"What the rest of the world will never understand unless they experience it first hand is that Rangers Football Club is a religion, in itself, built on centuries of religious bigotry."

At least he learned a few things in his time with the club.

This is great news for King and company

Clearly Ahmed is trying to avoid further scrutiny of his dealings and despite all the bluff and bluster trying to deflect from the real story is going to be part of this investigation.

Of course the one constant in this saga since the takeover by Green and co is Mike Ashley and lets see where the story goes re his involvement in this saga. 

Edited by CJGJ

Good old Imran and the game of finger pointing... 

His outburst about the Rangers fans is a terrible generalisation about a subsection of their fans - it's wrong to say they are all bad... but he has described the most angry and stupid of them.

Allowayjambo1874

Where is Mr Ahmad holed up and is there an extradition treaty?

I think he is in Pakistan, no treaty with them.

His outburst about the Rangers fans is a terrible generalisation about a subsection of their fans - it's wrong to say they are all bad... but he has described the most angry and stupid of them.

describing the culture of the club

but who knows

Warrant for his arrest a distinct possibility coupled with an extradition request.

Reading his statement I'd guess he'd argue his Right to a Fair Trial would be breached if Pakistan extradited him to Scotland. But he sounds desperate and is clearly scraping the barrel for excuses. 

Do Pakistan acknowledge Human Rights in their law? 

I just remember there was a hoo-ha about Abu Hamza (I think) not being extradited to Jordan to face criminal charges because there was no guarantee that his Human Rights would be protected.

CJGJ - how is this good news for King and company?

Presumably because anyone accused of anything will now just blame ahmed, who wont be around for questioning. which means that maybe king and his band of merry men will not lose any assets sevco may have gotten by less than legitimate means.

Has he been arrested or 'invited' to court?

If he has not been arrested then I can understand why he does not head back from his trip to Pakistan. 

Fozzyonthefence

First of all, he doesn't own Rangers(IL). So he would need to buy out the majority shareholder who I believe is craig whyte, then he would need to come to an agreement with all the creditors(including HMRC) and the liquidators to pay their debts in full or a proportion of them, then he can apply to court to get the company taken out of liquidation, to do all that will cost a huge amount of money(probably upwards of 50m), it ain't going to happen.

The man is a glib and shameless liar and if he told me that the sun was going to rise tomorrow, i'd still get out of bed at dawn and open the curtains to check.

He will not resurrect the old club, it is dying and will at some point cease to be, it will be an exclub.

You really need to be asking why he has brought it up now? along with the sally settlement(3 months before his contract would end anyway), this smacks of some bad news coming.

Apologies if posted already, but surely it is also an admission that they are a new club?  Otherwise why, bother?

UK and Pakistan are reported to be close to signing an extradition treaty. No formal arrangement currently.

See you soon Imran!

No doubt some sort of Taig conspiracy!

How come David Murray gets off free in all this?   Has he really not done anything wrong at all?

This is all about the Whyte/Green period, Murray had nothing to do with it once Whyte took over

How come David Murray gets off free in all this?   Has he really not done anything wrong at all?

I believe he got his pound of flesh.

He was long gone when Rangers were liquidated. 

He might get questioned about the EBT's but that's another case.

See when all this was kicking off I was saying "If Rangers were a horse they'd be glue by now" ... I've since moved to family members "if it was your mother in law you'd have turned the machine off" ... to sister/brother, wife, best mate ... why on earth are the gates just not closed, assets sold off and the debtors paid from that pot of cash.

The SMSM need to stop claiming all these suits have cash.

See when all this was kicking off I was saying "If Rangers were a horse they'd be glue by now" ... I've since moved to family members "if it was your mother in law you'd have turned the machine off" ... to sister/brother, wife, best mate ... why on earth are the gates just not closed, assets sold off and the debtors paid from that pot of cash.

The SMSM need to stop claiming all these suits have cash.

Actually ... the suits need to stop claiming they have cash!

He was long gone when Rangers were liquidated. 

He might get questioned about the EBT's but that's another case.

But would he not have known about Whyte and how corrupt he was before selling to him?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Someone remind me - what does smsm stand for?

And no facetious "almost anything" responses, please.

I see Campbell Dallas are Rangers new auditors. I used to know two of the now partners there. Peter Gallanagh is a big Celtic fan and St holder. Donald Boyd was from Paisley and is a Buddy. Guessing "Good Rangers Men" didn't want the gig...

Edited by Spellczech

But would he not have known about Whyte and how corrupt he was before selling to him?

Donald Muir would possibly have known much more about Craig Whyte than Murray would have, besides Murray didn't really have a choice who he sold the club to as it was the bank who were calling the shots, allegedly.

Someone remind me - what does smsm stand for?

And no facetious "almost anything" responses, please.

Scottish Main Stream Media

Sycophantic can also be used in place of Scottish - actually for a while that's what I thought it was

His outburst about the Rangers fans is a terrible generalisation about a subsection of their fans - it's wrong to say they are all bad... but he has described most of them.

A little fix to the end there.

OK, it may be as you suggest that there are a few who support them without nodding towards the Protestant history of the club but even the most reasonable I know will smirk knowingly when the topic comes up. It's not a feral, rabid response but it's an acknowledgement that that's who Rangers are.It's where the club has come from and they've not actually travelled very far.

These charges are serious enough to make a few years of jail time quite possible for any found guilty - I wonder if one or more may offer to plead guilty and spill the beans in return for some clemency (non custodial?) in sentencing..? :unsure:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

These charges are serious enough to make a few years of jail time quite possible for any found guilty - I wonder if one or more may offer to plead guilty and spill the beans in return for some clemency (non custodial?) in sentencing..? :unsure:

You could see Whyte doing that, the wee rascal that he is. :D

You could see Whyte doing that, the wee rascal that he is. :D

Indeed.  I'm pretty sure that there's no honour among thieves etc. but Whyte is the guy who strikes me as having it all carefully documented ready to share when the going gets tough - which it is.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure that there's no honour among thieves etc. but Whyte is the guy who strikes me as having it all carefully documented ready to share when the going gets tough - which it is.

... and his fine collection of C90 cassettes ... to be fair, he's probably a digital kinda guy)

I feel the police have a strong case which will result in jail time for most. I also feel if the fraud revolves around property and other assets these will be seized and the liquidator will sell them and add proceeds to the growing pot for the claimants.

Phil D. Corners

I feel the police have a strong case which will result in jail time for most. I also feel if the fraud revolves around property and other assets these will be seized and the liquidator will sell them and add proceeds to the growing pot for the claimants.

I agree with this.

As a claiment you would question how someone could value the assets at ?5 million, then sell those assets to himself and claim they are worth ?50 odd million.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic