The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

It sounds a bit like Bobby Ewing in Dallas, who came out of the shower, making what happened during the previous series just dreams. Substitute King for JR, McCoist for Bobby and Bomber Brown :uhoh2: for Sue Ellen, howling at the moon...........

well put, yes

It sounds a bit like Bobby Ewing in Dallas, who came out of the shower, making what happened during the previous series just dreams.  Substitute King for JR, McCoist for Bobby and Bomber Brown :uhoh2:  for Sue Ellen, howling at the moon...........

I take it you're a fan of the show

Toxteth O'Grady

yes very confusing - two Rangers teams are playing each other in the womens cup - but.not what is meant here. Maybe the oldco would replace Rangers International the ownership vehicle?

sure we'll get clarity from those with business experce

Current Ownership Vehicle vs Previous Corporate Wrapper would be a great game.

I take it you're a fan of the show

I know, giving away my age.  Maybe more appropriate for Rangers International would be Die-nasty

Seymour M Hersh

It sounds a bit like Bobby Ewing in Dallas, who came out of the shower, making what happened during the previous series just dreams.  Substitute King for JR, McCoist for Bobby and Bomber Brown :uhoh2:  for Sue Ellen, howling at the moon...........

Certainly how our crappy media seem to be playing it out.  

It appears that to "own" sevco you need to be a complete fantasist.

Pure spin from King this - probably at the urging on Traynor

So you want to buy back the "real" Rangers just to stop opposition fans singing songs about "you're not Rangers anymore"?

What a tube.

Still it's done it's job - folk aren't asking questions about how long sevco can last with the cash they have remaining. Remember the comment about NEEDING 45,000 season tickets to be sold...

The oldco chat is just to appease the fans. The Rangers fans love all of that sort of stuff because in the main they are mindless simpletons.

Charles Green pulled the same trick when he said in an interview that is was a conspiracy against Rangers due to them being a protestant team.

It turns out Charlie was actually pulling the wool over the Rangers fans eyes much like DK.

i wish jj was my dad

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT FOR RANGERS TO BE REPRESENTED ON THE BOARDS OF THE SPFL AND SFA?

DK: ?It?s important because we want that level of influence and I think it?s important because it befits who Rangers Football Club are.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

And that's why no one like Rangers.

They had "that level of influence" before and the EBT fiasco and the failure of Rangers / Ogilvie to come clean should mean Rangers being banned forever from any office of influence. They are feckin shameless.

The problem is that the blazers see it exactly the same way.  Dungcaster, Regan and the rest work for rangers and Celtic.  Not Scottish football.

From the herald

"Rangers chairman Dave King has revealed moves to pay off the club's oldco creditors and resuscitate the in-liquidation operating company.

But the move could potentially cost the club up to ?78 million.

And an informed liquidation expert told the Herald that Mr King's plan if successful would only result in the oldco either being dissolved or placed back into the hands of the previous owner, Craig Whyte."

It's madness, he's going to have to pay ?50m+ to oldcos creditors to resurrect oldco from the dead, never mind the ongoing Btc court cases/appeals.. [emoji23]

I'm going for the "King knows the court cases will end badly & he's looking for a get out" theory myself. Even the Huns are amazed at his plan. [emoji1]

How can you (can you ?) unliquidate a company ? Even if King somehow (yeah , I know) ponied up the cash to clear all the debts what happens , the company still folds. Surely ?

Farin ?

You there , mate.

Shares.

If they float once more on the exchange (whatever version) do the shares held on AIM just become live again?

The shares have always remained active they are just not listed on AIM.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

So if they become the oldco again will they then be responsible for chasing the "loan" repayments for all that tax free money loaned out?

It's worth pointing out that in the highly unlikely event King takes Oldco back, and all the creditors get paid, King personally benefits as one of the creditors of the liquidated company!

Maybe there is method in his undoubted madness.

Its one of 2 things for me

• King is letting his mouth go and making random nonsense statements
  • There is a concern that Sevco isnt the owner of the assets and that there is some serious financial reason to need to get OldCo resurrected

Its highly likely to be the first one.

From the herald

"Rangers chairman Dave King has revealed moves to pay off the club's oldco creditors and resuscitate the in-liquidation operating company.

But the move could potentially cost the club up to ?78 million.

And an informed liquidation expert told the Herald that Mr King's plan if successful would only result in the oldco either being dissolved or placed back into the hands of the previous owner, Craig Whyte."

It's madness, he's going to have to pay ?50m+ to oldcos creditors to resurrect oldco from the dead, never mind the ongoing Btc court cases/appeals.. [emoji23]

I'm going for the "King knows the court cases will end badly & he's looking for a get out" theory myself. Even the Huns are amazed at his plan. [emoji1]

If oldco is resurrected, will they not then have a contingent liability relating to the big tax case, which Hector is still pursuing?  

alwaysthereinspirit

I get that the Scottish football sports media doesnt want to rock the boat with regards to Newco/Oldco but doesnt the Scotsman have a "smart" person on retainage for their business section.

Someone who can debunk this whole notion of one Rangers buying another Rangers and everything comes up smelling like roses from that moment on. There has to be someone out there with some real business clout and knowledge to just say "shut the **** up. You cant do that" 

King can spout as much crap as he wants about Rangers. Their fans have been warned time and time again.

The bigger concern is the damage such a blatant charlatan will do Scottish football, esp as he wants Rangers execs and key personel back in the inners of Scottish football.

Mind you its not as if the SFA haven't been warned either or had rules to to stop such a person getting involved.

I'd imagine Hmrc's ears went up after hearing what king had to say yesterday about trying to take a club in liquidation out of it. Bearing in mind the debt to its creditors it still carries too [emoji6]

There's no way he's doing this because fans are ripping the pish out of the Huns by singing " you let your club die" or " your not rangers anymore " etc. there's something really big behind this. It simply doesn't make sense business wise, newco are in enough debt & trouble with working capital without taking on oldco's debt too just so they can say they are the same club imo [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their ears would have certainly pricked up. They will be delighted if he made it happen. Even more so, if they win the big tax case appeal.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I did enjoy the description that "Dave King looks like Kenny Dalglish after years of torment at the hands of a poltergeist.

The media were quick to use the term 'Mad Vlad'

I wonder when we'll see the term 'The Mad King' being used.

I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Kings nonsense matches the media's agenda. Most media outlets want Rangers re-established in the top league competing with Celtic. They believe that is the only way Scottish football is marketable across the globe and the only way either of the old firm will ever make it into a euro league, they come as a package. Vlads vision was to break that duopoly, which is why it was met with such resistance, and of course, he was bat s**t crazy. Kings non sense is exactly that, non sense. Most Rangers fans I know have now grown tired of his "am gonna" chat, they have heard all this from Charles Green. They now want to see the green of Kings money. It's very easy to make promises, delivering promises is a whole new ball game. Mark Warburton is the sole reason there is harmony right now at Ibrox, if the team wasn't performing then some serious heat would be cast upon Dave King.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Page 1690 

I wonder if anyone has noticed that it's old but it's beautiful.  Its colours are fine, also.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Hagar the Horrible

Jim Spence ?@JimSpenceSport 48m48 minutes ago

Debating whether to liquidise my soup. Mind you if I do and don't like it, I could always unliquidise it. pic.twitter.com/2vjSoXrqBv

COoma3IXAAAbV_r.jpg

Jim Spence ?@JimSpenceSport 48m48 minutes ago

Debating whether to liquidise my soup. Mind you if I do and don't like it, I could always unliquidise it. pic.twitter.com/2vjSoXrqBv

COoma3IXAAAbV_r.jpg

Well done Spence

Wonder if Davie boy will ask his previous directorial and key employees (and potentially some current ones) to unshred the shredded documents relating to dual contracts?

Oh. It's only HMRC debts he doesn't want to pay eventually.

Edited by DETTY29

So it seems that BDO rejected King's ?20M creditor claim after all.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13716072.Rangers_chairman_has_multi_million_claim_on___18m_oldco_creditors_pot_rejected/?ref=mr&lp=1

RANGERS chairman Dave King has had a claim for millions from the ?18 million club oldco creditors pot thrown out by liquidators.

The South African businessman had claimed he was owed ?20 million over an investment in the club 15 years ago, when Sir David Murray was owner. If he had succeeded it would have made him the third biggest creditor of the in-liquidation former operating company.

But the Herald understands the liquidators BDO have rejected his claim as an unsecured creditor - potentially raising the amount available to others stung by the oldco collapse.

Mr King revealed moves on Thursday to try and pay off the oldco creditors and revive the oldco, RFC 2012 plc, which is in the process of being liquidated after former owner Craig Whyte presided over its descent into administration in February, 2012.

It is a move that could potentially see the club having to come up with as much as ?78 million to pay off creditors.

One insolvency expert has said that even if creditors agreed to a settlement, it would only result in the oldco either being dissolved or placed back into the hands of the previous owner, Craig Whyte.

When Mr King ploughed the money into the club, a new ?53 million share issue had been made to improve the playing squad and develop a strong youth policy through a new academy. Some of the new cash also went towards lowering the club's then ?40m debt.

Of that, ?20m was described as new money from Mr King, invested through his Ben Nevis Holdings firm. Mr King became a non-executive director at Ibrox.

He became at the time the club's second-biggest shareholder through his stake in Murray Sports, Rangers' parent company.

When The Herald revealed details of his claim last year, he stood to gain at least ?3m as one of the main unsecured creditors.

But questions were raised in some circles over how a Rangers oldco investor who had received shares in return could qualify as an unsecured creditor. Oldco shareholders will not expect to see a penny in any creditors pot payout as secured and unsecured creditors have to be paid off first.

The Herald understands that Mr King has accepted the position of the oldco liquidators BDO and there has been no challenge.

Over three years ago, Mr King said he was to mount a legal challenge against former Rangers owner Sir David Murray over the investment.

Mr King's announcement of a legal challenge came amid allegations he made on the basis of non-disclosure by former Rangers owner Sir David Murray over the club's true financial position in 2000 when he made his investment.

Mr King said at the time that any benefit he made from the claim would be fully reinvested into the restructured football club.

He said at the time: "I seem to be one of the few people who actually invested cash into the club."

Sir David has previously insisted to the Herald that no financial information was withheld from Mr King and that during his time as chairman he had not made any complaints.

Mr King declined to comment on whether he would continue to mount the legal challenge against Sir David or on the position with the liquidators.

Just as a matter of interest, if HMRC lose their 2nd appeal and accept they have reached the end of the line with this case, how much money would the oldco actually owe out. Is it possible at that stage they are actually solvent? Is that why the Lying King is interested?

I never really understood any of the financial jiggerypokery but I dont think I am alone in that.

If he does take over oldco and pays off the facepainters et al is he doing the right thing or am I missing something.

Getting more confused by the day. What should he do to do the right thing?

Just as a matter of interest, if HMRC lose their 2nd appeal and accept they have reached the end of the line with this case, how much money would the oldco actually owe out. Is it possible at that stage they are actually solvent? Is that why the Lying King is interested?

I never really understood any of the financial jiggerypokery but I dont think I am alone in that.

If he does take over oldco and pays off the facepainters et al is he doing the right thing or am I missing something.

The top line creditors figure was ?169M. Take away the big tax case which was ?72M, Dave King's claim of ?20M, football creditors of ?3M, and you would be left with ?74M.

BDO have ?18M left of the ?24M Collyer Bristow claim (?6M went in a no win no fee deal with their legal reps).  That leaves ?56M.

Add BDO's costs of Liquidation and whatever proportion of liability for the BTC is accepted (there were a number of cases where tax liability was accepted) and you are probably up over ?70M once again.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, Dave King will do whatever is in Dave King's best interests.  His history suggests that he is just as much a spiv as those who proceeded him in the boardroom.

The top line creditors figure was ?169M. Take away the big tax case which was ?72M, Dave King's claim of ?20M, football creditors of ?3M, and you would be left with ?74M.

BDO have ?18M left of the ?24M Collyer Bristow claim (?6M went in a no win no fee deal with their legal reps).  That leaves ?56M.

Add BDO's costs of Liquidation and whatever proportion of liability for the BTC is accepted (there were a number of cases where tax liability was accepted) and you are probably up over ?70M once again.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, Dave King will do whatever is in Dave King's best interests.  His history suggests that he is just as much a spiv as those who proceeded him in the boardroom.

I WOULD LOVE it if the 'Lying King' was shafted............There are liars in this world and there is King, hopefully he will take them down the toilet once and for all.

I WOULD LOVE it if the 'Lying King' was shafted............There are liars in this world and there is King, hopefully he will take them down the toilet once and for all.

Report in the herald (referenced on SFM) that BDO have rejected the glib and shameless liars claim as a creditor of Rangers(IL), would appear that again he is shown to be a liar, who would have thought that.

First of all, he doesn't own Rangers(IL). So he would need to buy out the majority shareholder who I believe is craig whyte, then he would need to come to an agreement with all the creditors(including HMRC) and the liquidators to pay their debts in full or a proportion of them, then he can apply to court to get the company taken out of liquidation, to do all that will cost a huge amount of money(probably upwards of 50m), it ain't going to happen.

The man is a glib and shameless liar and if he told me that the sun was going to rise tomorrow, i'd still get out of bed at dawn and open the curtains to check.

He will not resurrect the old club, it is dying and will at some point cease to be, it will be an exclub.

You really need to be asking why he has brought it up now? along with the sally settlement(3 months before his contract would end anyway), this smacks of some bad news coming.

You have to ask yourself why Dave King would need to 'jet' in to Ibrox if the only purpose was to negotiate a settlement with McCoist,  Surely someone like Paul Murray could have handled this, and Dave could have joined the discussion via video conference if he felt he needed to be involved.

It smacks of deflection, as do his utterances while over here about the Scott Allan deal, and the possible resurrection of oldco.

I think this thread could still have a long way to run.

Toxteth O'Grady

He will not resurrect the old club, it is dying and will at some point cease to be, it will be an exclub.

No it is just resting or perhaps pining for the Fjiords

No it is just resting or perhaps pining for the Fjiords

:D

'Pining for the fjords'. Perhaps the funniest line ever uttered in a comedy sketch.

First of all, he doesn't own Rangers(IL). So he would need to buy out the majority shareholder who I believe is craig whyte, then he would need to come to an agreement with all the creditors(including HMRC) and the liquidators to pay their debts in full or a proportion of them, then he can apply to court to get the company taken out of liquidation, to do all that will cost a huge amount of money(probably upwards of 50m), it ain't going to happen.

The man is a glib and shameless liar and if he told me that the sun was going to rise tomorrow, i'd still get out of bed at dawn and open the curtains to check.

You really need to be asking why he has brought it up now? along with the sally settlement(3 months before his contract would end anyway), this smacks of some bad news coming.

I get the feeling that they're coming to the end of the road. There's been nothing in the press from king for a few months(i think?) and he suddenly appears a week or so after green and whyte were arrested, spouting pish to the huns about resurrecting the nearly liquidated old club!? If it all goes tits up, king can bullshit the simple orcs by saying that he "tried", while putting the blame on green and whyte and looking like the good spiv to the not so clever.

You have to ask yourself why Dave King would need to 'jet' in to Ibrox if the only purpose was to negotiate a settlement with McCoist,  Surely someone like Paul Murray could have handled this, and Dave could have joined the discussion via video conference if he felt he needed to be involved.

It smacks of deflection, as do his utterances while over here about the Scott Allan deal, and the possible resurrection of oldco.

I think this thread could still have a long way to run.

If you want a reason for his visit, then read the attached.  It seems a plausible account, but not necessarily 100% accurate.

https://rangerssupportersloyal.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/a-time-to-speak-a-time-to-be-silent/comment-page-1/#comment-2869

I get the feeling that they're coming to the end of the road. There's been nothing in the press from king for a few months(i think?) and he suddenly appears a week or so after green and whyte were arrested, spouting pish to the huns about resurrecting the nearly liquidated old club!? If it all goes tits up, king can bullshit the simple orcs by saying that he "tried", while putting the blame on green and whyte and looking like the good spiv to the not so clever.

The glib and shameless one can't spend too long here for tax reasons, he "jets in(copyright the daily ranger)" chats with keef and the rest of the lamb munching muppets, feeds some manure to the orcs, and jets back to south africa so he can count his wine bottles.

My personal view, not that it's worth much, is that they are in serious financial trouble, loans/share issue required asap but the court cases looming have scuppered that as they may not actually be the legal owners of ibrokes and murray mints park, nor the history and other "assets" that sevco purchased, not the best prospectus to use to try and raise money. I suspect his musings on rangers(il) and him for the first time daring to partially admit that they are a new club may be to pave the way for admin of sevco, particularly if the court cases go the wrong way.

There is a lot still to happen with this story.

Just picked this up on Twitter...Seems like some of the Orcs are getting a bit peeved at King and his BS!

http://www.scotzine.com/2015/09/the-dave-king-show-returned-to-town-but-offered-very-little/

The Dave King Show returned to town but offered very little

By Guest Writer - September 12, 2015

The Dave King Show was back in town last week and as ever he said an awful lot but in reality he offered very little, writers Rangers supporter Ninjaman.

Oldco resurrections and challenging Celtic for the Scottish Premiership title next season were talking points, but the most notable aspect of what he relayed to us was again his deliberate mention of any investment required will come from fans. (ignore the fact it?s September and Rangers are six games into their Championship season. Or the legal gymnastics ?deliquidating? entails, this ?prophet? appears once in a while to predict the future).

This investment from fans equates to season ticket sales, match day tickets being snapped up on a large scale and the fan ownership schemes dipping into their membership funds to keep the wolves from the door.

One thing that seemed to have gone relatively unnoticed is that King hinted that he along with the Three Bears and the Rangers supporters could be loaning the club money for up to two years.

This from a guy that promised the now famous ?30 million of his children?s inheritance. There doesn?t seem to be any real intent to spend any of his own money at all at this moment in time really, does there?

The man said there would be a Nomad within days of taking control, he claimed there was huge investment waiting in the wings. He criticised the previous (Sandy Easdale) regime for lack of investment, in reality he; and his board of directors are doing exactly the same things as they had to do, minus the King led boycott of season tickets and the ?starve ?em out? slogan advocated by King and his Trust Fund, of course.

The hinted two years of soft loans in exchange for equity sounds to me like this new Real Rangers Men board of directors are waiting to try to do a deal with BDO, the liquidators of Oldco Rangers. It?s been suggested that by the time all legal issues are resolved there could be as much as ?50 million in the liquidation fund. Maybe he wants to get control of the oldco and amalgamate it within the Rangers Group.

I?ve been banging on for months that this was King?s grand plan. Get a major foothold in the new company all the while being a major creditor in the oldco [which BDO have reportedly rejected King?s claim]. Some might say he?s smart here, I?d be more inclined to use other adjectives but I?ll restrain myself.

This guy kept at it for over a year in his ultimately successful coup. He said what the Rangers fans (that didn?t like the old regime) wanted to hear. Promised a bright new future and Real Rangers Men in control of their club again. The PR extravaganza is/has been truly astounding. You can?t dare speak a word of criticism, or voice a note of caution, for fear of being shot down in flames by a ?staunch? hardcore faction in the Rangers support.

Every time Dave King has sat down and enlightened us at press conferences the words that jump out at me every time are ?fan investment? or ?co-investors. That, and a constant referral to Celtic and Celtic supporters ?He really should write a note to self about those continual soundbytes about our Glasgow rivals, Rangers fans REALLY don?t want to hear it!

The fans have backed him here. Season ticket sales are hitting the high thirty thousands mark, that according to Level 5 press releases meant ?9 million has been brought in.

Now here?s the thing, the crux of the situation Rangers Football Club finds itself in here.

It costs ?1.5 million a month just to keep the lights on. The cash from ST?s has VAT to deduct so only ?7 million or so will be usable.

That?s five months of liquidity, then in March loans from the Three Bears and fan ownership schemes will no doubt see them through to the end of the season, so; much of the scaremongering is unjustified but curiously warranted.

The Rangers fans bought into a promise. A promise of security and an end to the dark days. Fear and loathing has made for a desperate animal in respect of the Rangers supporter base.

They bought into a promised investment, they believed that if they got Real Rangers Men back in situ at the club then their problems would disappear. They haven?t. It?s just not being reported in the MSM the way it should be, are the sports journalists in this country petrified to ask questions that are of major importance and relevance?

This ?plan? is completely dependent on the fans buying into it, simply due to the fact that they are the ones that are predominantly and substantially ?feeding the bear? here. If they stop believing then it goes belly up very quickly. The same as the last regime, all he?s done here is use certain fan groups to his advantage. It?s the Rangers fans that are carrying the financial burden here more than any other supposed co-investors.

He?s promised the fan groups that they will continue to be involved with the running of their club, admirable maybe but a load of old tosh. Those fan groups will be squeezed out when the last of their cash has gone, make no mistake about that. When they have nothing to offer they will become an irrelevance. Sad bit inevitable in my opinion. Their money is essential right now but once it?s gone, it?s gone ?

?9 million, plus the fan ownership schemes accumulation of subscribers cash is the minimum of what Rangers supporter?s have put into their club here, King and the Three Bears (by King?s own admission) have put half that in. Co-investors he said. The Rangers fans are allowing this to happen, after ALL that they?ve been through and after demanding transparency for years why are Rangers fans not asking vital and important questions?

Dave King contradicts himself continually. If he had been up front and open at the beginning then there would be no raised eyebrows, but he wasn?t and he still isn?t being. All he?s doing is saying what he thinks his co-investors want to hear.

Many Rangers fans are buying into what he says, but for me if a man says there?s ?30 million waiting in the wings and six months later we?ve seen only a tiny fraction of that figure then it?s correct and justifiable to demand answers, after all its all in aid of that ?transparency? issue so many of the blue half of Glasgow wanted clarified. It was continually brought up by King and his cohorts. A stick to beat others with, so if it?s good for the goose?.

The bottom line here is that King can bluster away till his heart?s content. Every single financial expert I?ve spoken to predicts a hazardous few months ahead for Rangers, for me so far King has got one thing right and that is the appointment of Mark Warburton. Football fans are a fickle bunch, if the product on the park is good and entertaining to watch then all your problems seem to disappear in an instant.

That doesn?t mean they?ve actually gone away though, they just get pushed aside until one day Pandora?s Box is opened up. That day may well be sooner than a lot of Rangers fans are expecting. Until there is a serious injection of cash then Rangers predicament will be precarious. No amount of spin can make that not be true, all that they are doing is sugar coating things for the masses.

At the end of the day King would do best to stop holding press conferences and contradicting himself, time and again. It seems to me that it?s only those hardcore devout backers of Dave King genuinely believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Maple Leaf locked this topic