The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The Gasman

he won't have been able to do any due diligence. This was not a takeover situation. All he did was get his stockbroker to buy a few million quid worth of shares. King went in blind.

Farin pointed this out to me, and of course you're both correct. D'oh..! :thumb: Edited by The Gasman

Shanks said no

Indeed. Problem King has is that he says he won't take security for any 'investment' and so he faces the prospect of having to make an unsecured loan to Sevco so it can discharge a secured loan to Ashley. Now that is a scary way to "invest" 5 million in a football club that you are only a minority shareholder in...

What security could King take on any loan? All that's left is the Big House and that's off limits, for now.

Really...perhaps you need to do more research...not so funny is it...there is of course football regulations legal and company law legal

'Mike Ashley?s failure to contest a Scottish Football Association verdict on dual ownership rules has opened the door for Rangers chairman Dave King to ambush the Newcastle United owner over his demand for a general meeting of Ibrox shareholders, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

Ashley had requisitioned for the meeting to call for a ?5?million loan made by him to Rangers to be repaid immediately, in an attempt to squeeze the club?s cash flow at the most vulnerable time of the year. He also demanded that King explain why Rangers? shares had been delisted, what steps had been taken to find a Stock Exchange nominated adviser (Nomad) and what terms had been agreed for a ?1.5?million loan from the Three Bears consortium of wealthy supporters.

However, as disclosed by The Daily Telegraph last week, Ashley did not appeal the SFA?s finding that he had been in breach of their dual ownership regulations.

Instead ? although his net worth is estimated to be ?3.25?billion ? Ashley?s lawyers contested the ?7,500 fine imposed on him, on the grounds that it was disproportionate. Rangers, meanwhile, were fined ?5,500 for breaching dual ownership rules, a verdict that was issued five weeks after King had overthrown the previous Ashley-backed regime at Ibrox.

King and his allies accepted the sanction with alacrity because it offered them the opportunity to investigate the possibility that contracts for Sports Direct deals with Rangers might have been agreed while the company?s owner and the club were both infringing SFA regulations.

They also took legal advice on what they could put on the table at the general meeting ? which will be held on June 12 at Ibrox ? and returned fire on Ashley by adding their own resolutions to the agenda.

One proposal is to incorporate the SFA?s dual ownership rules into Rangers? own articles of association with the intent of limiting Ashley?s future influence over the club.

In an announcement on Rangers? official website last night, the board declared that it would ?provide shareholders with a breakdown of the income received by Rangers Retail Limited (?RRL?) since its incorporation and the payments made by RRL to the club.?

Can you hear those straws being tightly clutched in the Ibrox boardroom ?

If the commercial deals should be anulled (I'm not suggesting they should ), simply because the parties were in breach of SFA regulations at the time , does that mean Sevco have been fielding ineligible (loan) players from Newcastle ? Thought not.

What is the deal with Rangers Retail. Does MA pay a dividend on the profit from the Retail Operation to the club? If so, that implies that all of the costs of the merchandise itself, the retail space, the shop and it's staff are met by MA. Suspect a large number of folk expect that if you spend ?50 on a shirt, the club gets ?50. It'd be interesting to know how much actual profit once all of the costs are accounted for another team makes - bet it's not as far away from ?3 per shirt as you think....

Rangers retail is a separate company which is jointly owned by sevco and sports direct/ashley, sevco hold 51% of the shares and ashley 49%, however, the shares are different types(A & & B), ashleys shares count double on votes on financial matters.

The way the company is set up, there are dividends paid to the shareholders from profits, however, the profits are weighted towards ashley's shareholding and sevco bear all the risk for unsold stock etc. After ashleys 5m loan, he got 75% of the shares in RR until the money is paid back and sevco still have to cover any unsold stock.

Sevco get a tiny fraction of the price paid for any merchandising that fans buy.

Not illegal.

Bear in mind that the sfa/spfl regulations are not the "law", they are simply a set of rules which apply if you want to play professional football, many of them are not legally enforceable or are "discretionary" however, all teams must agree to abide by them to play in scotland.

For instance, the ban on an owner owning 2 clubs, whilst making perfect sense in terms of sporting integrity, is not legally enforceable in a court of law as it's a restraint of trade, however, if you want to play in scotland you have to abide by it.

Sevco are being gutted by spivs, it's very funny and they fall for all the WATP and everyone is out to get us crap that the spivs sell them, they are getting what they deserve for blindly following the first person who told them what they wanted to hear.

Footballfirst

I think it's a bit rich of King and co to demonise Ashley in the way that the EGM has unfolded and the SMSM coverage is reporting the issue.

This is the same Dave King who sat on the RFC board from 2000 to 2012, in the middle of which the club negotiated a 10 year retail deal with JJB sports that only guaranteed an annual income of ?3M to the club.  What was probably more attractive about that deal was an up front payment of ?18M which help SDM balance the books for a short period.  Net Debt was brought down to ?5.9M in 2006 as a result, only to go as high as ?31.1M just three years later, before being reined in by a combination of CL qualification and Lloyds influence, before they went bust.

The impact of the JJB deal saw retail income drop from ?17.7M in 2005/06 to ?4.472M in 2006/07.  However, the income figures do not reveal the costs in each year.  We can assume that the latter figure is close to a net figure, the bulk of which represented the JJB royalty payment.  The 2007 accounts give a clue to the extent of the costs of the retail operation with the following statement "Net operating expenses reduced by ?11.8m or 22% to ?43.1m (2006 - ?54.9m) largely due to the discontinuance of the retail operation." We can see from these figures that the profit margin in retail operations is not as high as some would have you believe. 

During the JJB deal RFC wasn't immune from some of the costs that have been incurred during the SD deal.  In 2007 they reported a loss of ?955K in discontinued operations, and another ?579K in 2009.  The loss on the termination of discontinued operations relates to contract and lease terminations associated with the discontinued retail activities.  These are similar to the losses reported with the recent closure of the Airport and Belfast stores.

When the Board get round to revealing the details of the SD contracts, Rangers fans should also be made aware of what was involved in their previous contract.

If king fails/defaults on the loan Ashley can simply take over the assets he has a security on them. Ashley holds all the cards here, even a boycott of the strips means sevco have to buy back any unsold merchandise as per terms of the contract, he simply cannot loose, the best thing king can really do is pay-off Ashley or he'll just sit tight & milk them dry for 7 years. [emoji4]

Don't think he can"simply take over the assets" . Does he not have to go to the court for a winding up order first?

I suppose another question is who owns the bricks and mortar Rangers Mega Store at Ibrox?

Purely speculative question - if it's hived off to Rangers Retail then it could be a problem for them requiring permission or payment to Ashley/Sports Direct. Else it's a mothballed white elephant on the doorstep of Ibrox.

I suspect they've not been "that stupid" with it and still have a retainer on the Mega Store but you never know with the random decision making that's been observed.

Jambo 4 Ever

"It is a lot of nonsense. The shareholders cannot tell the board how to behave. The board would be under no obligation to take their advice."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32832070

I am.

NUFC supporters have demonised him because he's not plunging his massive wealth down the pan to pay ridiculous wages and ridiculous transfer prices to get them "back where they belong". This assumes that the approach andopted by Abramovich and the Saudis is actually good for football. I don't believe it is and think it's refreshing to see someone tell a club that, with all the millions coming from TV rights and sponsorship, they ought to be able to live within their means. Football, especially in England, has more than enough money; the good of football is not going to be served by putting even more into it.

I said three years ago that Rangers would be a great money-making opportunity for anyone with a few million to invest in the assets of the liquidated company. It could easily live within very meagre means for 3 years; emerge into the premier league in a very healthy and strong position and find itself occupying the place vacated by the old Rangers. Bears/Orcs have been berated through this thread for being "deluded" that they deserved more. This berating is exactly what Ashley's about.

Wasn't it king that said that, not Ashley

Jamboelite

Thev desperation to get at King and Rangers by some is just sad and some on here should get a grip.

All the Ashley chat as if he is perfect is just beggars belief.....he was outflanked in his attempts to take over Rangers....... beaten, he lost etc etc and is hurting.

If you are not aware of the bigger picture then find out ........this is simply a corporate game and it will be in his interests to do a deal as it is in Kings interests to broker a deal......they are businessmen and King is nobodys fool either despite some posters failure to realise this.

The loan is part of the bigger picture as is this meeting but lets not try to fool ourselves King and co have the money but are choosing not to repay at present as they want a long term deal

Going to answer the questions put to you as having caught up im interested in your response.

Edited by Jamboelite

doctor jambo

Some people miss the point.

This is not even about King vs Ashley or about any further mis haps for Sevco.

Its about keeping the spotlight on the dishonesty, fraud, tax evasion, side contracts, corruption and bullying that this "team" indulged in for so long with the collusion of our governing bodies who refused whole heartedly to take them to task.

It was fan power that denied them SPL status

It will be fan power that keeps focus on any future chicanery .

If the fans of "wee " clubs roll over again and let the SPFL, King and so on behave without scrutiny then we have no-one to blame but ourselves for the state of our game.

Its about keeping the spotlight on the dishonesty, fraud, tax evasion, side contracts, corruption and bullying that this "team" indulged in for so long with the collusion of our governing bodies who refused whole heartedly to take them to task.

If the fans of "wee " clubs roll over again and let the SPFL, King and so on behave without scrutiny then we have no-one to blame but ourselves for the state of our game.

unfortunately is the owners of the little clubs that are condoning this behaviour by backing the corrupt office bearers of Scottish fitba.

as long as they keep employing the regans and donkeys nowts gonna change. it was set in stone from the minute they refused to take away the infirms veto on all decisions.

Harry Palmer

He's certainly showing his true (red white and blue) colours that's for sure.

:lol:

He/She's not a Rangers fan/sympathiser/shite. He/She just likes to try and debate/post things in a smug condescending manner that's all. 

Just mention some nonsense about Liverpool and it will result in him/her losing their shit. :ninja: 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

unfortunately is the owners of the little clubs that are condoning this behaviour by backing the corrupt office bearers of Scottish fitba.

as long as they keep employing the regans and donkeys nowts gonna change. it was set in stone from the minute they refused to take away the infirms veto on all decisions.

You are right about the small minded owners of the 'little clubs', but, as doctor jambo pointed out, by being aware of what was going on, thanks to internet blogs and fan websites, the supporters were able to flex their collective muscle and stop the shoehorning of Sevco into the SPL and/or the second tier. By keeping everyone aware that things are still as bad as you say, hopefully fan pressure will lead to a change one day, and, at least, ensure eveyone is aware of that ever growing lump in the Hampden carpet.

You are right about the small minded owners of the 'little clubs', but, as doctor jambo pointed out, by being aware of what was going on, thanks to internet blogs and fan websites, the supporters were able to flex their collective muscle and stop the shoehorning of Sevco into the SPL and/or the second tier. By keeping everyone aware that things are still as bad as you say, hopefully fan pressure will lead to a change one day, and, at least, ensure eveyone is aware of that ever growing lump in the Hampden carpet.

the chance was there to push through proper reform but the momentum was lost, what other monumental incident is gonna galvanise the fans again, I personally cant see anything if they've sat back while the voting structure has stayed the same. celtic fans backing the cause initially helped but they aint gonna rock the boat now as it's against their clubs interests

status quo to prevail well into the future as far as I can see

AllyjamboDerbyshire

the chance was there to push through proper reform but the momentum was lost, what other monumental incident is gonna galvanise the fans again, I personally cant see anything if they've sat back while the voting structure has stayed the same. celtic fans backing the cause initially helped but they aint gonna rock the boat now as it's against their clubs interests

status quo to prevail well into the future as far as I can see

But wasn't it just one 'small club', Aberdeen, that voted for the status quo, in that instance at least? I agree, though, that the clubs will continue to baffle us with their cowardly approach in allowing the Glasgow alliance to triumph, but at least we now have a medium to discuss it and to inform those prepared to be informed. Not only do we now have the medium to discuss the shenanigans within the governance of our sport, there is a great deal we would never have known without it. For a start, we wouldn't have been aware of just how much the MSM don't tell us, and how much of what they do tell us is the PR their favourite club wants us to be fed.

God he is full of himself and utter shite for that matter.

Has Phil ever said anything that was true and actually happened?

"....I will clarify that ?278,000 does not leave the Ibrox operation very month in two debits in the direction of an offshore recipient...."

He's slavering some shite in that article, even by his own piss poor standards..! :rolleyes:

You are misquoting him. That is not what is saying - although whether he is right is another matter.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Why would anyone get a seethe going over folk loving Rangers' troubles, even if some of the hopes are far-fetched? It just makes no sense.

It's good to see this thread getting  back on topic.

The Gasman

You are misquoting him. That is not what is saying - although whether he is right is another matter.

This confused me, as I copy and pasted what he wrote....

....I've reread what he said, and see what he means (and what you meant) now - though I stand by the fact he's talking crap..! :thumb:

Tynecastle Valhalla

See the folk wanting this thread shut and fed up of hearing about what Rangers did - you should be ashamed

I'm delighted there's others that think like me

They almost got away with being catapulted back into the top league. Imagine if they had and Scottish football was just Rangers v Celtic chat

This has hurt Celtic too and encouraged competition from the other clubs

The championship last year was actually genuinely exciting - why? Because there were three realistic possible winners

I still get annoyed when I think about how the governing bodies actively encouraged clubs to vote Rangers back in, inventing scare stories

The media are even worse

Threads like this highlight fans' frustrations - all we want is fairness and equality but we are still far from that unfortunately

Geoff Kilpatrick

See the folk wanting this thread shut and fed up of hearing about what Rangers did - you should be ashamed

I'm delighted there's others that think like me

They almost got away with being catapulted back into the top league. Imagine if they had and Scottish football was just Rangers v Celtic chat

This has hurt Celtic too and encouraged competition from the other clubs

The championship last year was actually genuinely exciting - why? Because there were three realistic possible winners

I still get annoyed when I think about how the governing bodies actively encouraged clubs to vote Rangers back in, inventing scare stories

The media are even worse

Threads like this highlight fans' frustrations - all we want is fairness and equality but we are still far from that unfortunately

The last major aspect to the saga was the approval of King. Anything that happens now is his board's responsibility.

Those hoping for another major twist are going to be disappointed.

The last major aspect to the saga was the approval of King. Anything that happens now is his board's responsibility.

Bookmarked. ;)

Bookmark away

Thank you for your permission. You are so kind.

King of the North

This is the same Dave King who

Promised to invest no matter whether he passed FPP then mysteriously backtracked.

Has invested the sum total of nothing so far.

Promised a nomad and stock market listing, only for that not to happen.

Seems to be at war with one of Britains wealthiest and most ruthless businessmen.

Has a history of being a complete shyster.

Is looking at another year out of the top flight.

Has failed to clarify who owns ibrox, Murray park, the rights to Club logos etc.

Has outlined no strategy whatsoever.

All the while the chat of a second insolvency event to rid the club of Ashley hasnt gone away. For those of us enjoying the relentless self inflicted misery surrounding the Huns, I would suggest there is a bit of mileage left in 'the journey'.

Geoff Kilpatrick

This is the same Dave King who

Promised to invest no matter whether he passed FPP then mysteriously backtracked.

Has invested the sum total of nothing so far.

Promised a nomad and stock market listing, only for that not to happen.

Seems to be at war with one of Britains wealthiest and most ruthless businessmen.

Has a history of being a complete shyster.

Is looking at another year out of the top flight.

Has failed to clarify who owns ibrox, Murray park, the rights to Club logos etc.

Has outlined no strategy whatsoever.

All the while the chat of a second insolvency event to rid the club of Ashley hasnt gone away. For those of us enjoying the relentless self inflicted misery surrounding the Huns, I would suggest there is a bit of mileage left in 'the journey'.

If there is a second admin event, it will be entirely the responsibility of King. Having made such a song and dance about getting control, I think the chances of it happening are minimal.

Are they still financially handicapped? Undoubtedly. Do the orcs realise how handicapped? Probably not. They are simply another mediocre Scottish club now, albeit one with more fans than most.

Geoff Kilpatrick

To summarise...

Dear reader x 1

Mr David Cunningham King x 1

That is all.

:thumbsup:

And it can be safely ignored

Spellczech

:thumbsup:

And it can be safely ignored

Yup, I'm bored of Phil mcghooligamibainoconnel. He has his own agenda of trying to build a career as a journo/blogger. He comes across as a nut job trying to sound erudite...only event left to see is whether King puts his money where his mouth, without taking over Ashley's securities, or will he try to get the money from the gullible fans to repay Ashley?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yup, I'm bored of Phil mcghooligamibainoconnel. He has his own agenda of trying to build a career as a journo/blogger. He comes across as a nut job trying to sound erudite...only event left to see is whether King puts his money where his mouth, without taking over Ashley's securities, or will he try to get the money from the gullible fans to repay Ashley?

I think the only place he's taken seriously is The Sevco Football Monitor site.

To summarise...

Dear reader x 1

Mr David Cunningham King x 1

That is all.

What no 'for the avoidance of doubt' ?

Independence

If there is a second admin event, it will be entirely the responsibility of King. Having made such a song and dance about getting control, I think the chances of it happening are minimal.

Are they still financially handicapped? Undoubtedly. Do the orcs realise how handicapped? Probably not. They are simply another mediocre Scottish club now, albeit one with more fans than most.

Yes...glory hunters. Their crowds have been terrible this season. If they are not winning (and this season it was us who was doing all the winning) they don't attend. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes...glory hunters. Their crowds have been terrible this season. If they are not winning (and this season it was us who was doing all the winning) they don't attend.

They still averaged over 30,000, double what we pull through the gate (and yes, I know our capacity makes that impossible). The interesting thing, assuming Motherwell complete the job, is how willing they are to back a team playing second tier football again.

They still averaged over 30,000, double what we pull through the gate (and yes, I know our capacity makes that impossible). The interesting thing, assuming Motherwell complete the job, is how willing they are to back a team playing second tier football again.

That's the big question, for those of us of a cough "more mature" cough age, we can remember the dreadful crowds rangers got in the early eighties.

If they do not get promoted, I can foresee them selling say 20k season tickets(max), but at championship prices, they need to totally rebuild the playing side(not just first team squad) including a new management team. coaches, scouting etc, that isn't cheap and wont reap benefits for a few years.

They are still losing horrific amounts of cash on a monthly basis, their retail income is hardly anything due to the deal with ashley and wont improve until they give him his 5m back.

I personally think that should they fail tomorrow(and I think they will fail) a lot of orcs will walk away as they are now showing signs of fatigue and also starting to open their eyes about what has gone on in the last 3 years and is continuing to go on under the glib and shameless messiah.

Diadora Van Basten

Are we meant to know where the payment to the overseas account is meant to be going?

Diadora Van Basten

If King had deep pockets, was a trustworthy character and a good plan fo Rangers then maybe.

If King had deep pockets, was a trustworthy character and a good plan fo Rangers then maybe.

King is a big fan of spending other peoples money, so far he has put 1-1.5m into the club as a loan(described in the media as an investment) it wont become an investment until he receives equity(shares) for it and that is a long way from happening.

King is a big fan of spending other peoples money, so far he has put 1-1.5m into the club as a loan(described in the media as an investment) it wont become an investment until he receives equity(shares) for it and that is a long way from happening.

Either way, he wants something in return. Nothing wrong in that, but don't pretend yku are doing it out of the goodness of your heart, and to be nice.

The Gasman

Daily sevco online poll.

5750790286d6309da7aa5fdf306e57e1.jpg

Talking about morality [emoji33]

8df5199eac746ef5a80bdaf17320083f.jpg

They don't realise McCoist hasn't left sevco, he's just on gardening leave & is still a contracted employee & fully entitled to his wages until they pay him off.

Looks like they're on track to save a good few quid in bonuses at least.... :whistling:

The Comedian

Rangers really are a model for protestant financial probity aren't they.

JIST RIP HIS KONTRACT UP!

• Maple Leaf locked this topic