The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Anyone care to summarise Phil may ghollies post, rather than giving him the clicks he craves?

wibble.jpg

Angus Young

Anyone care to summarise Phil may ghollies post, rather than giving him the clicks he craves?

Its pretty much the same old stuff wrapped up in a different tale meaning the end is nigh for Sevco think of the film Ground Hog Day.

Unknown user

Dear Reader, planet fitba, Square Mile, short shrift, hearing rumours, excellent source, skint, stadium that John Brown played for, Glib and Mendacious, honest my finger's on the pulse, send me your money as I can't blog shite without it

Unknown user

Dear Reader, planet fitba, Square Mile, short shrift, hearing rumours, excellent source, skint, stadium that John Brown played for, Glib and Mendacious, honest my finger's on the pulse, send me your money as I can't blog shite without it

Geoff Kilpatrick

He's got a cheek given the plethora of absolute shit that he's put into print over the years.

Keef or Phil?

Keef or Phil?

Keef just regurgitates what the Ibrox spin machine gives him. At least Phil makes it up himself.

The rush by some to seemingly want to see the demise of a football club saddens me.

Thousands of innocent fans would be left without a club to support.........the previous owners certainly have or had a case to answer but the majority of the fans were in the same situation as we were a short time ago.

Whilst it is right a full investigation is warranted the fans are the innocent party in this and do not deserve to lose their club.

Absolutely spot on with this, however here is the difference, we as supporters realised the club was doomed so we got together and did everything possible to save our club, we blamed no one else and just got on with the job in hand. That we were ultimately successful can be seen now in the results both on and off the park.

That lot did the square root of nothing to help when their club was put into administration but decided it was a much better idea to blame everyone else for the situation they found themselves in.

At the same time they desperately searched around for a white knight to come in and rescue them and pump money into their club to take them back to their perceived place at the top of Scottish football and to European success.

When Green and Ashley turned out not to be their men they turned to the already discredited Dave King to save their club with the untold millions he would invest. It appears that this might be another false dawn for the Ibrox glory hunters.

So you will forgive me if I do not shed any tears at the demise of this club, however if their supporters had shown a touch of humility during this whole episode and made some concerted effort themselves to save their club I may have taken a slightly more benign attitude to them.

Diadora Van Basten

Absolutely spot on with this, however here is the difference, we as supporters realised the club was doomed so we got together and did everything possible to save our club, we blamed no one else and just got on with the job in hand. That we were ultimately successful can be seen now in the results both on and off the park.

That lot did the square root of nothing to help when their club was put into administration but decided it was a much better idea to blame everyone else for the situation they found themselves in.

At the same time they desperately searched around for a white knight to come in and rescue them and pump money into their club to take them back to their perceived place at the top of Scottish football and to European success.

When Green and Ashley turned out not to be their men they turned to the already discredited Dave King to save their club with the untold millions he would invest. It appears that this might be another false dawn for the Ibrox glory hunters.

So you will forgive me if I do not shed any tears at the demise of this club, however if their supporters had shown a touch of humility during this whole episode and made some concerted effort themselves to save their club I may have taken a slightly more benign attitude to them.

Good post

TriggersBroom

The rush by some to seemingly want to see the demise of a football club saddens me.

Thousands of innocent fans would be left without a club to support.........the previous owners certainly have or had a case to answer but the majority of the fans were in the same situation as we were a short time ago.

Whilst it is right a full investigation is warranted the fans are the innocent party in this and do not deserve to lose their club.

Good post. It must be exhausting to be so bitter. 

In that case you just don't understand the true feelings of all fans outside the OF or bigot bothers. I have supported Hearts for over 50 years and watched whilst both sides of the OF have bullied and  exploited Scottish football and patronised other teams on every occasion. Their fans (majority) are bigots and to a large extent define what 'glory hunter' means. Their fans have travelled throughout Europe causing mayhem at every opportunity. Just ask the public and security services in Manchester. They embarrass Scotland. For goodness sake its not that long ago that the old Rangers had a policy of not signing (or allowing to work at Ibrox) any catholic. Alex Ferguson was treated badly because his girlfriend (to be wife) was a catholic. After watching the antics of both OF clubs for over 50 years I would love to see them go bust!

Are you saying you don't patronise Hibs fans? 

The two situations can't be compared.

Hearts fans were given the opportunity, with the help of Budge, to come to an agreement over fan ownership. You never had D&P/Green/Ashley types standing in your way.

Rangers never had this opportunity. Duff&Phelps were never going to sell the club to anyone other than Greens consortium. Rangers have been stitched up the past 4 years. However, there is definitely an argument that Rangers fans have been naive enough to actually believe that those buying a football club might actually want to run it like a football club (rather than fleece it for all its worth). 

Unknown user

100% this and don't get me started on that humility bollocks

Unknown user

100% this and don't get me started on that humility bollocks

Rangers never had this opportunity. Duff&Phelps were never going to sell the club to anyone other than Greens consortium. Rangers have been stitched up the past 4 years. However, there is definitely an argument that Rangers fans have been naive enough to actually believe that those buying a football club might actually want to run it like a football club (rather than fleece it for all its worth). 

So where were all the "Rangers men" then ? Not a word of protest ? From anyone ? Not your pals in the media ?

No. Because it didn't matter back then. D&P sold the club for a pittance when the stadium and associated land should have been flogged off to pay the  creditors.But no one cared because Newco was on the way back to its rightful place etc, etc, etc. 

The Glasgow media didn't say a word (even though CG had previous at Sheff Utd) because anyone who spoke out was a Rangers "hater".

The fans lapped up the CG spiel and now you've reaped what you sowed.

The CG stitch up was predictable and was predicted but no one connected with Rangers wanted to hear it. 

No sympathy here mate - Sevco have had an easy run way beyond what any other club would have had.

But (and I'll give them the name they prefer) "Rangers" have never been just a "football club". It has been a cause. A focal point for ignorance, poison, bigotry and entitlement. A harbinger for those who choose to hate and discriminate against others simply because of religion or birth. It is the nucleus of what Jack McConnell called "Scotland's Shame". It's existence sustains what passes for a free press in Scotland whose raison d'etre is to make money by feeding the hunger for there traits I list above. There is a small minority that is interested in just football, but a massive majority who conform to all I have stated.

They are not innocent and have never been in the same situation as us. Wiping "Rangers" from the planet will not change these attitudes quickly, but over time it will. Keeping them alive to wallow in their poison that they call history will simply sustain the status quo.

From a footballing and general sporting perspective, I have nothing in common with these people. My country would be a better place without "Rangers".

Old Firm fans accusing others of bitterness. :lol:

I had a Twitter debate with a Septic follower this morning and got this gem... @CollectCelticFC: @drew_boy100 I agree on poor decisions, but more go against Celtic than rest. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironic or what

Hearts fans were given the opportunity, with the help of Budge, to come to an agreement over fan ownership. You never had D&P/Green/Ashley types standing in your way.

That is utter bullshit.

Had any one of the super rich Rangers men wished to lodge an offer with Duff & Phelps which was higher than the derisory offer from Charles Green they would have no alternative but to consider that offer. Do you seriously believe that such an offer made in the glare of publicity would have been dismissed out of hand by properly qualified administrators.

Pray tell me how many other offers were made for Rangers at that time from all these proper Rangers men with off the radar wealth.

TriggersBroom

In fairness, I know there is a deep rooted bitterness in Scottish football. It is evident in nearly all supports, and I don't think its healthy.

But (and I'll give them the name they prefer) "Rangers" have never been just a "football club". It has been a cause. A focal point for ignorance, poison, bigotry and entitlement. A harbinger for those who choose to hate and discriminate against others simply because of religion or birth. It is the nucleus of what Jack McConnell called "Scotland's Shame". It's existence sustains what passes for a free press in Scotland whose raison d'etre is to make money by feeding the hunger for there traits I list above. There is a small minority that is interested in just football, but a massive majority who conform to all I have stated.

They are not innocent and have never been in the same situation as us. Wiping "Rangers" from the planet will not change these attitudes quickly, but over time it will. Keeping them alive to wallow in their poison that they call history will simply sustain the status quo.

From a footballing and general sporting perspective, I have nothing in common with these people. My country would be a better place without "Rangers".

I do think you overstate what Rangers 'represents'. And just because you have 'nothing in common with these people', how would Scotland be a better place? This reeks of bigotry and intolerance to be honest. 

Ironic or what

That is utter bullshit.

Had any one of the super rich Rangers men wished to lodge an offer with Duff & Phelps which was higher than the derisory offer from Charles Green they would have no alternative but to consider that offer. Do you seriously believe that such an offer made in the glare of publicity would have been dismissed out of hand by properly qualified administrators.

Pray tell me how many other offers were made for Rangers at that time from all these proper Rangers men with off the radar wealth.

D&P were moving the goal posts all the time. Green did not just magically appear at the death with his offer.. He was involved all along.

The mega-rich fans you mention did not get mega-rich by spending any more than they had to. They were told the fee they had to submit, they offered it, and then 'all of a sudden' D&P accepted the bid from a consortium that up until that point had not even been mentioned. Just how many offers were made by the Rangers men? I don't know. Only people who will know that are the consortiums themselves, and D&P. 

What a remarkable coincidence that news of this letter is being revealed right now, just as Celtic and the SFA are having a wee lovers' tiff.

I think this has been brought up recently not to get at Rangers but to get at the SFA.

I beleive the SFA where aware of the trouble at Rangers and seen a chance to help bail them out(champs league qualification) so they turned a blind eye. Malmo stuffed Rangers and the rest as they say is history.

Just my opinion of course maybe loosely based on my hatred for the way the people in charge have run the scottish league's for several years.

In fairness, I know there is a deep rooted bitterness in Scottish football. It is evident in nearly all supports, and I don't think its healthy.

I do think you overstate what Rangers 'represents'. And just because you have 'nothing in common with these people', how would Scotland be a better place? This reeks of bigotry and intolerance to be honest. 

D&P were moving the goal posts all the time. Green did not just magically appear at the death with his offer.. He was involved all along.

The mega-rich fans you mention did not get mega-rich by spending any more than they had to. They were told the fee they had to submit, they offered it, and then 'all of a sudden' D&P accepted the bid from a consortium that up until that point had not even been mentioned. Just how many offers were made by the Rangers men? I don't know. Only people who will know that are the consortiums themselves, and D&P. 

how so? You know a lot of Rangers supporters do you? I think you must have an interesting view of bigotry and intolerance. My views are formed over many years of living in communities with very active RSC's. Have you ever attended a "party night" at a RSC? If they genuinely believe a fraction of what is "celebrated" then any culture would be better without it.

I think this has been brought up recently not to get at Rangers but to get at the SFA.

I beleive the SFA where aware of the trouble at Rangers and seen a chance to help bail them out(champs league qualification) so they turned a blind eye. Malmo stuffed Rangers and the rest as they say is history.

Just my opinion of course maybe loosely based on my hatred for the way the people in charge have run the scottish league's for several years.

I agree. The recent Celtic-SFA spat has consisted of: (i) Celtic disgusted at referee's decision, write letter to SFA. (ii) SFA get compliance officer to cite Meekings, thus taking it too far, knowing that Celtic will face the opprobrium of the rest of the clubs/fans for having caused Meekings to miss the final. (iii) Celtic react by revealing that they've written to UEFA about the Rangers licence.

It's a wee bit of warfare, fuelled by Celtic's belief that they are picked upon and discriminated against in Scottish football, particularly by the SFA.

Yup, the SFA probably did turn a blind eye, and I reckon they would have done the same thing for Celtic. Would they have done so for any other team?

Independence

Wow you really don't get it!!!!!

how so? You know a lot of Rangers supporters do you? I think you must have an interesting view of bigotry and intolerance. My views are formed over many years of living in communities with very active RSC's. Have you ever attended a "party night" at a RSC? If they genuinely believe a fraction of what is "celebrated" then any culture would be better without it.

He is a Rangers supporter.

I agree. The recent Celtic-SFA spat has consisted of: (i) Celtic disgusted at referee's decision, write letter to SFA. (ii) SFA get compliance officer to cite Meekings, thus taking it too far, knowing that Celtic will face the opprobrium of the rest of the clubs/fans for having caused Meekings to miss the final. (iii) Celtic react by revealing that they've written to UEFA about the Rangers licence.

It's a wee bit of warfare, fuelled by Celtic's belief that they are picked upon and discriminated against in Scottish football, particularly by the SFA.

Yup, the SFA probably did turn a blind eye, and I reckon they would have done the same thing for Celtic. Would they have done so for any other team?

I read your original post about this and 100% with you and think you are spot on. If Celtic fans can ultimate prove that there was said blind eye turned on the Rangers saga all of their points will be correct. I said on another thread the one about letter writing they are so blinded by this they miss the fact that they have benefitted down through the years from the same biased treatment.

OmiyaHearts

When is Sevcos next pay day due anyone know ? i wonder who will pony up this months onerous pay roll 

They have a payment run for invoices on the 24th of each month I'm not sure if wages are same day.

I had a Twitter debate with a Septic follower this morning and got this gem... @CollectCelticFC: @drew_boy100 I agree on poor decisions, but more go against Celtic than rest. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you just took into account decisions involving Scott Brown, that would not be true.

Can i suggest you consult a periodic table and check what you find at number 26 between Manganesey and Cobalty.

i wish jj was my dad

What an excellent post.

For the record, I fully concur.

ToadKiller Dog

The Board met Big Mike today.

Amicable so it was.

And did big Mike fill up the begging bowl they thrust under his nostrils ?

Big Mike laughed uncontrollably for 30mins before hyperventilating and falling off his chair.

The only thing the two parties agreed upon was, Rangers are goosed.

Be interesting to see whether another loan is required for this months wages and who's going to stump this time.

Be interesting to see whether another loan is required for this months wages and who's going to stump this time.

Now that they are "delisted" they don't have to make any sort of public announcement about a loan - or what security has been set aside for it.

I wonder...............!

Now that they are "delisted" they don't have to make any sort of public announcement about a loan - or what security has been set aside for it.

I wonder...............!

Ah, but the Lying King promised transparency.

Angus Young

King is not a Fit and Proper Person he is a tax cheat and a Shameless Liar.

A Boy Named Crow

Did he promise this in a glib and shameless manner?

He promised investment too, then he backtracked. Probably done the same with transparency. All done in a glib and shameless manner.

skinnybob72

Post of the year.

Can i suggest you consult a periodic table and check what you find at number 26 between Manganesey and Cobalty.

Oh that's clever, trotter!  Good slap down.

Interesting to see Trotter slapping Trigger('s broom).  What with all this talk of the Driscoll brothers, all we need now is Uncle Albert.  Any chance of our own Francis A changing his moniker?

If the rumours about their Board being unable to find "finance" elsewhere are true, I would not be at all surprised if Paul Murray was trying to get a draw down of the 5 million loan previously offered by Ashley. The meeting was described as "amicable". I'll bet it was! I wonder what Mike asked for and got this time.

Edited by Deevers

You could of course replace Rangers with Celtic, and it would be equally valid.

tbh I'm not sure that is true. Rangers history is purely about reaction to Catholics coming to Scotland and working for less money thus upsetting the locals especially in the shipyards near Govan. Celtic were started as a community club by a pries. Rangers already existed but only became popular as focal point for the bigotry. I asked on a thread a few weeks ago, what traditional values King and Murray are meaning when they talk of Rangers, other than all the hate, sectarianism and bigotry, and if there were any positive ones. Perhaps I asked in the wrong club's forum but I certainly got no responses. Now Celtic are no angels, and certainly allowed themselves to be hijacked by Irish Republicanism which was despicable laxity, but they have historically had a few positive values, whereas, as far as I know, Rangers have none.

If the rumours about their Board being unable to find "finance" elsewhere are true, I would not be at all surprised if Paul Murray was trying to get a draw down of the 5 million loan previously offered by Ashley. The meeting was described as "amicable". I'll bet it was! I wonder what Mike asked for and got this time.

Got Paul Murray to Pole dance Alan Partridge style

Seymour M Hersh

King is not a Fit and Proper Person he is a tax cheat and a Shameless Liar.

Not only that he's glib too.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Oh that's clever, trotter!  Good slap down.

Interesting to see Trotter slapping Trigger('s broom).  What with all this talk of the Driscoll brothers, all we need now is Uncle Albert.  Any chance of our own Francis A changing his moniker?

:oohmatron:

Mark_Mywords

The saga continues...

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/amicable-discussions-and-plausible-deniability/#more-6217 ? Big Mike was in the room as well, but only for around ten seconds.

"He said one word "...hello..." and then left Justin to get on with it."

Did the rest of them not join in?

"He said one word "...hello..." and then left Justin to get on with it."

Did the rest of them not join in?

:10900:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic