The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Really can't be arsed reading to this thread too much but just seen somewhere that Rangers need ?6.5 million in the next 48 hours to stay functioning. True?

Not true but they are a mess.

jamboinglasgow

Just read that on fb but we will see, maybe just brown stirring.

with the amount of rumours that go around, I will not hold my breath. Though if true could be Ashley reminding the board of his power over the club.

There's little doubt that in the event of yet another insolvency event with them, the powers that be will bend over backwards to help what ever reincarnation they appear in to the very best of their ability. I honestly can't see how "Rangers" can possibly get themselves out of the mess that they are in without that happening. I suspect that all the recent activity is little more than the vultures positioning themselves to grab the corpse when it finally gives up the ghost.

I'm sure the decision has reverted back to the SPFL board rather than the clubs.

If, and it's still a huge if, there is an insolvency event AND they go down the members voluntary liquidation route, I think the SPFL board will accept that as a CVA equivalent of 25 point deduction and see where Rangers end in league at end of (whatever) season.

I didnt think he had loaned as much as 6.5 tho?

MA has a loan of ?3m but they have no working capital past the next few days.

So more loans are needed until funds from a share issue / placing comes in.

Unknown user

Except it'll take a 20m cash injection at least and one or two years minimum of regular embarrassing defeats to "lesser" teams, plus some morale-ruining humpings from Celtic, before they can get anywhere near Celtic. Even then there's no guarantee they can pip Celtic for the title any time soon as Celtic will respond with increased spending themselves (and so it starts all over again!).

They need a Fergus McCann character - one man with a clear plan - but Celtic were in much better shape when he took over, plus he had complete control and focused on doing things sustainably rather than compete with Rangers on spending. Not sure Rangers fans will tolerate being behind Celtic for much longer. They'll demand big spending.

Of course aye, I was just answering the poster who said none of the protagonists have the money to make a go of it.

Ashley certainly does and it appears Salver does too, Forbes has him with a net worth of 400 million dollars.

Whether they actually will or not is another matter altogether!

There is some chatter that Ashley has called in his loans

Can he do that?  I thought there was an agreed deadline for repayment - April iirc?

If he is able to call the loans in early, would that fit with the theory that he is involved in the Sarver bid?  Sarver makes a bid, includes a loan facility, then Ashley calls in his loans, putting the heat on the Board to accept the Sarver bid in order to pay off Ashley?  All complete conspiracy theory of course, who really knows how this is going to play out? 

Some thing popped up on my fb timeline about it, but the lack of actual chatter from reliable source (or sources at all) I'll file it under horse shit

Edited by Feeno

Maroon tinted glasses 2

So llambias now has his feet under the table and hands on the book's. He then tells MA the true financial state of things around the same time that the sfa knock MA back for the increase in ownership, this then prompts the three bears and king to act as they can see what MA is up to and throw a spanner in his cogs. MA starts to see his grip on the special contracts slipping so places a call to someone he has dealings with and possibly knows, with the cash to throw in and force the other shareholders to sell or watch the club sink but it does not work so MA advises that the new party ups the bid, offers a loan and then MA will request to recall his own loan thus backing all other shareholders into a corner with no way out.

This server guy has the cash so no-one will question his bank balance buts what's to say this whole thing has not been orchestrated by MA because the SFA said no to him.

Edited by Maroon tinted glasses 2

I P Knightley

So llambias now has his feet under the table and hands on the book's. He then tells MA the true financial state of things around the same time that the sfa knock MA back for the increase in ownership, this then prompts the three bears and king to

TO BE CONTINUED...

Noticed that Tesco shares jumped 15% today, did Ashley not buy ?3 million worth of there shares recently? Sure I read it on here.

I P Knightley

The "sevco need ?6.5m by Monday" rumour was 1st said on radio clyde's ssb Prog tonight seemingly.

I imagine folk have put 2 and 2 together to make 7 here.

No doubt that Rangers are in urgent need of cash: wages, the lecky, the phone & gas, McCoist's salary etc. Its very unlikely to total ?6.5m, though.

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, Ashley's mate, Slaver, has come up with a ?20m funding package which, if accepted by the board, would include an advance of ?3m. The likelihood of that being signed and sealed within a week, let alone over the weekend, is remote.

But, as seems to be regular among the many knee-jerkers putting up their theories, we've got Ks in a T and the two stories have become one.

The "sevco need ?6.5m by Monday" rumour was 1st said on radio clyde's ssb Prog tonight seemingly.

Jesus, it was Keef! He said something like "Rangers need the ?6.5m package sorted within the next 48 hours" on Twitter and some idiots jumped on it as though he meant exactly that. What he meant was they need any sort of funding sorted in the next 48 hours, just that the ?6.5m offer is the most realistic. They need continual funding but not that amount in such a short space of time!

This is what Keefy said in his 'all you need to know q and a'

Q - What is the state of play after today?s Stock Exchange statements?

KJ: As it stands just now the board, through its NOMAD, nominated advisor, WH Ireland, are consulting key shareholders to ask them if they would be likely to back this new bid. The most important thing for Rangers right now is that they need immediate cash, otherwise they will be insolvent within days. Within the next 48 hours they need a cash injection of ?6.5m. You can never lose sight of that, this is the key figure and the first thing they have to do is get that money in the door. Sarver is offering that, but so too are Park, Letham and Taylor.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-need-know-boardroom-battle-4941494

It's a misleading statement. If not, they really are in the crap.

This is what Keefy said in his 'all you need to know q and a'

Q - What is the state of play after today?s Stock Exchange statements?

KJ: As it stands just now the board, through its NOMAD, nominated advisor, WH Ireland, are consulting key shareholders to ask them if they would be likely to back this new bid. The most important thing for Rangers right now is that they need immediate cash, otherwise they will be insolvent within days. Within the next 48 hours they need a cash injection of ?6.5m. You can never lose sight of that, this is the key figure and the first thing they have to do is get that money in the door. Sarver is offering that, but so too are Park, Letham and Taylor.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-need-know-boardroom-battle-4941494

It's a misleading statement. If not, they really are in the crap.

Yup that's what he said on Twitter and then backtracked when folk questioned him. (Not like Keef to mislead of course!). I suspect that SSB have picked it up from there but I find the notion that they require ?6.5m in 48 hours quite ridiculous.

Charlie-Brown

Really can't be arsed reading to this thread too much but just seen somewhere that Rangers need ?6.5 million in the next 48 hours to stay functioning. True?

Maybe they need to provide the SPFL they have proof of funding from in place to complete their fixtures not simply never neverland promises and assurances?

Daily record:

GERMAN football legend Felix Magath has bought one per cent of Rangers and outlined his vision for the footballing future of the cash-strapped club.

Record Sport can reveal the former Bayern Munich boss has emerged as a major and serious player following talks over the last week with influential figures around Ibrox.

Magath has spoken with one of the groups battling for control of the club - not American Robert Sarver - and, if all goes well, could become Technical Director at Murray Park by the summer.

German sources last night confirmed Magath?s involvement but, amazingly, he did not let on about his shares purchase before sitting down for discussions with the Rangers group.

:smile:

The Comedian

Daily record:

GERMAN football legend Felix Magath has bought one per cent of Rangers and outlined his vision for the footballing future of the cash-strapped club.

Record Sport can reveal the former Bayern Munich boss has emerged as a major and serious player following talks over the last week with influential figures around Ibrox.

Magath has spoken with one of the groups battling for control of the club - not American Robert Sarver - and, if all goes well, could become Technical Director at Murray Park by the summer.

German sources last night confirmed Magath?s involvement but, amazingly, he did not let on about his shares purchase before sitting down for discussions with the Rangers group.

:smile:

He could bring Christian Nerlinger to be director of football.

:gok:

Unknown user

Lol Magath. He's a total prick thats been chased from his last few jobs.

The only way this could get weirder is if the next management team is Basil Brush and David Hasselhof

The only way this could get weirder is if the next management team is Basil Brush and David Hasselhof

profile.jpg

Edited by Ron Swanson

Lol Magath. He's a total prick thats been chased from his last few jobs.

Felix Madhat more like.

This just shows that folk still think Rangers are a big European team, those days are gone and will take some time and a lot of money to ever get back to that time.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

CavySlaveJambo

Felix Madhat more like.

This just shows that folk still think Rangers are a big European team, those days are gone and will take some time and a lot of money to ever get back to that time.

Lots of money under UEFA FFP regulations. 

Given that no teams in Scotland are that big - could mean being banned. 

So what happens if after the assurances given by Llambias that Sevco do go into admin?  Surely the Dungcaster must fall on his sword?

So what happens if after the assurances given by Llambias that Sevco do go into admin?  Surely the Dungcaster must fall on his sword?

Naw, he'll just say he was lied to.

When will the Daily Record realise they are ripping Rangers fans when they write this crap.

He's only got a 1 year deal?

Totally, but the hard of thinking won't realise this.

Nothing to stop Kilmarnock signing him on a pre-contract and get him for nothing in the summer.

maroonlegions

Maybe they need to provide the SPFL they have proof of funding from in place to complete their fixtures not simply never neverland promises and assurances?

How the feck are they getting away with this "proof of funding to continue operating" rule. Its blatantly obvious and plaster all over the media that they are really in no fit and proper financial way to continue operating in the SPLF. Its time FIFIA intervened.  

Hagar the Horrible

When will the Daily Record realise they are ripping Rangers fans when they write this crap.

He's only got a 1 year deal?

Yes they are desperate for hard cash, but equally they need to get these guys off their wage bill, you could negotiate getting them on a free but even a ?50k token offer will be considered, its not as though he is a prize asset.

The Mighty Thor

Yes they are desperate for hard cash, but equally they need to get these guys off their wage bill, you could negotiate getting them on a free but even a ?50k token offer will be considered, its not as though he is a prize asset.

Put a ring through his nose and he's make the parade ring for heffers at the Highland Show.

Looks like Boyd's agent has fed the DR a line that his client wants out of ?1brox PDQ.

?400k fee though.

Hilarious.

Put a ring through his nose and he's make the parade ring for heffers at the Highland Show.

Also need to put him through a sex change to lose the under carriage.

Looks like Boyd's agent has fed the DR a line that his client wants out of ?1brox PDQ.

?400k fee though.

Hilarious.

The real problem is the wages. No one will pay Boyd what he is on at the moment, so he is likely to want a sweetener to leave before his contract is up to cover his 'loss' over the remaining term. Ultimately, that is going to reduce the fee payable.

Of course, Boyd might waive the remainder of his contract, but I'm not sure that he is that big a mug.

The real problem is the wages. No one will pay Boyd what he is on at the moment, so he is likely to want a sweetener to leave before his contract is up to cover his 'loss' over the remaining term. Ultimately, that is going to reduce the fee payable.

Of course, Boyd might waive the remainder of his contract, but I'm not sure that he is that big a mug.

Boyd isn't on silly money, Killie, and a few others, could afford him

• Maple Leaf locked this topic