The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The Spivs that are now in control will do what ever it takes for them to remain in control  money means more to them before the needs of the sevco club or sevco fans

Malinga the Swinga

The Spivs that are now in control will do what ever it takes for them to remain in control  money means more to them before the needs of the sevco club or sevco fans

You can't be suggesting that they all won't do a deal that will help Rangers return to the peak of Scottish football where they belong, can you? Surely everyone understands that the priority of all these people is to ensure that 'Ra Peeple ' get what they deserve with Champions league football each year and title after title.

After all, everything that we have seen so far from all the boards Rangers have had in last 10 years suggest this is the case!

The spivs will sit tight for another 3 weeks I reckon

The game next Friday will earn them more gate money than normal I would imagine plus TV money

The the semi final - gate money - TV money

Try to trouser the lot and call Admin

The game next Friday will earn them more gate money than normal I would imagine plus TV money

How can they call admin when there's deals on the table ?

If the money runs out they have to, until a deal is made (and is in place) it doesn't exist in terms of helping

They don't get additional TV money.

I'll bet there are more than a few of the minor creditors getting more than a little twitchy at the unfolding events.

If the money runs out they have to, until a deal is made (and is in place) it doesn't exist in terms of helping

and they have to tell the AIM market BEFORE it runs out, so that if it does, the market has been informed. Failure to inform promply is an offence

on the Stock MArket.

and they have to tell the AIM market BEFORE it runs out, so that if it does, the market has been informed. Failure to inform promply is an offence

on the Stock MArket.

Is that where the directors can become personally liable for the debts from the time they run out if they don't inform the market?

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

So no guarantee this is over yet?

Oh no, still lots to come with this one.

Wow that took a high class piece of investigative journalism to work that out.

He is a top notch scottish"journalist".......

I thought you were going to say the 'just a guess' bit, which are what most of his stories are.

I was being kind to him.

This funding package Jackson is slavering about. It gets them to when?

Since llambias has gone in they appear to be burning cash quicker than ever!

Ehhmmm, no one really knows, they needed 8m to get to the end of the season 6 weeks ago, ashley lent them 3m which has been spent, the maclead money has been spent, pay day in 3 weeks, a new 6.5m debt has appeared from nowhere, crowds and income where down so at a guess to get to the end of the season still trading, i'd say 15-20m

Depends on the deals and what they are required to do to get the cash, even loans are dodgy as they have to be repaid, remember, ashley has security over the car park and edmiston house, only other assets are ibrokes and murray mints park. if they can't trade their way out of trouble(which looks highly unlikely) the directors may have no choice but to go for admin.

The money for the semi final is not sevco's, it all goes back to the league and is pooled as is the tv money.

It's Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, Simon says, Fort Knox robbed.

Sorry that's Die Hard 2.

No it isn't, it's Die Hard With a Vengeance!

Straightfromtheheart

Fans increase Rangers stake

Fan-ownership group Rangers First has increased its Ibrox stake after buying another 60,000 shares in the club.

Last Updated: 10/01/15 at 22:09 Post Comment

•  

Rangers First, which has set up a scheme similar to the one which rescued Hearts from administration, now controls 664,792 shares - or around 0.8 per cent of the Glasgow club.

Around 10 per cent of Rangers' shares are now owned by fans and small shareholders, and with three factions - Dave King and the Three Bears, Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver, and the existing board which is aligned with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley - all battling for control the Ibrox fans could have a vital part to play.

Rangers First has followed the lead of the Rangers Supporters Trust - which now has a one per cent stake after snapping up another 100,000 shares last week - by purchasing a further sizeable tranche.

The Rangers board urgently needs to raise cash to keep the club afloat and an announcement on Sarver's ?20million takeover bid and possible news of another emergency loan is expected early next week.

A general meeting may also be called if King and the Three Bears - wealthy fans Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor - can find the support to force boardroom change.

And Rangers First director Ricki Neill says the bigger the stake his group possesses, the bigger the impact it can have.

He said: "With our membership growing on a daily basis, I really think that there is now a belief within the Rangers fans that we can now achieve fan ownership. 

"If we can buy this amount of shares with the members we have, as regular as we are buying just now then I can't wait until we've got the same kind of membership numbers as the Foundation of Hearts "

I'll bet there are more than a few of the minor creditors getting more than a little twitchy at the unfolding events.

I have zero sympathy for anyone owed anything by RIFC. If I was a business owner then I wouldn't give them a tenner on credit. Any business that has done needs to have a word with themselves!

ToadKiller Dog

Ha Dundee United have shown a note of interest in the Orcs 50 goal a season Kris Boyd only if the orcs are prepared to let him go .

Don't know if this is serious from them or more of a wind up .

Francis Albert

As maybe a slight aside was Douglas Park always a Rangers fan and if so how and why did he get involved with Hearts?

We_are_the_Hearts

Ha Dundee United have shown a note of interest in the Orcs 50 goal a season Kris Boyd only if the orcs are prepared to let him go .

Nah he will stay to score his 30 goals this season as the experts on here predicted

Auldreekie1874

As maybe a slight aside was Douglas Park always a Rangers fan and if so how and why did he get involved with Hearts?

Not sure what team he supported but think moving to Hearts had something to do with Wallace Mercer....mates maybe?

Francis Albert

Not sure what team he supported but think moving to Hearts had something to do with Wallace Mercer....mates maybe?

Makes sense. In fact wasn't Wallace something of a Rangers man originally? Anyway, sorry - a bit off topic.

<p>

Fan-ownership group Rangers First has increased its Ibrox stake after buying another 60,000 shares in the club.

Last Updated: 10/01/15 at 22:09 Post Comment

Rangers First, which has set up a scheme similar to the one which rescued Hearts from administration, now controls 664,792 shares - or around 0.8 per cent of the Glasgow club.

Around 10 per cent of Rangers' shares are now owned by fans and small shareholders, and with three factions - Dave King and the Three Bears, Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver, and the existing board which is aligned with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley - all battling for control the Ibrox fans could have a vital part to play.

Rangers First has followed the lead of the Rangers Supporters Trust - which now has a one per cent stake after snapping up another 100,000 shares last week - by purchasing a further sizeable tranche.

The Rangers board urgently needs to raise cash to keep the club afloat and an announcement on Sarver's ?20million takeover bid and possible news of another emergency loan is expected early next week.

A general meeting may also be called if King and the Three Bears - wealthy fans Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor - can find the support to force boardroom change.

And Rangers First director Ricki Neill says the bigger the stake his group possesses, the bigger the impact it can have.

He said: "With our membership growing on a daily basis, I really think that there is now a belief within the Rangers fans that we can now achieve fan ownership.

"If we can buy this amount of shares with the members we have, as regular as we are buying just now then I can't wait until we've got the same kind of membership numbers as the Foundation of Hearts "

0.8% you say?

That'll have the spivs quaking in their expensive boots.

Auldreekie1874

Makes sense. In fact wasn't Wallace something of a Rangers man originally? Anyway, sorry - a bit off topic.

Found this, a wee bit about how Park got involved with Hearts and also how his involvement ended...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/aberdeen/tycoon-with-an-ambition-to-stay-out-of-football-1.635888

Last Updated: 10/01/15 at 22:09 Post Comment

•  

Rangers First, which has set up a scheme similar to the one which rescued Hearts from administration, now controls 664,792 shares - or around 0.8 per cent of the Glasgow club.

Around 10 per cent of Rangers' shares are now owned by fans and small shareholders, and with three factions - Dave King and the Three Bears, Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver, and the existing board which is aligned with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley - all battling for control the Ibrox fans could have a vital part to play.

Rangers First has followed the lead of the Rangers Supporters Trust - which now has a one per cent stake after snapping up another 100,000 shares last week - by purchasing a further sizeable tranche.

The Rangers board urgently needs to raise cash to keep the club afloat and an announcement on Sarver's ?20million takeover bid and possible news of another emergency loan is expected early next week.

A general meeting may also be called if King and the Three Bears - wealthy fans Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor - can find the support to force boardroom change.

And Rangers First director Ricki Neill says the bigger the stake his group possesses, the bigger the impact it can have.

He said: "With our membership growing on a daily basis, I really think that there is now a belief within the Rangers fans that we can now achieve fan ownership. 

"If we can buy this amount of shares with the members we have, as regular as we are buying just now then I can't wait until we've got the same kind of membership numbers as the Foundation of Hearts "

Sorry to be so thick about this, but if Rangers go into admin again will these shares evaporate?

Footballfirst

Sorry to be so thick about this, but if Rangers go into admin again will these shares evaporate?

Administration no, Liquidation yes.

If they go into (and then come out of) Administration - as Hearts did - then the shares remain current and valid.

If they are Liquidated - as the previous Rangers were - then the company ceases to exist and the shares become worthless.

The next stage of the HMRC appeal re the big tax case starts with a procedural hearing on 3rd February according to an article in the Herald today.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/taxman-will-not-reveal-cost-of-rangers-case.26228807

February looks like it could be a pretty rough month for them.

happy days

I'm wondering if they are hanging on until the game on Friday. Should Hearts win, then much as we don't want to count chickens, it's effectively game over for SevCo as far as automatic promotion is concerned. We'd be 16 points clear with 15 games to play. If they were going to go into admin, then this might be a good time to do so, as they will have enough points to stay in the Championship. Possibly even to make the playoffs, assuming the SPFL allow them to choose to be a new club when it suits them.

Interesting post has just appeared on the RIFC share site, guy seems pretty sure about his facts and is saying there is a deal in place and will be announced to the stock exchange at 7 tomorrow morning.

Guess we'll find out in the morning if this guy has some inside info or is talking BS.

Today 11:55
Sitonfence
RE: The King Consortium defeat Ashl..
Hold

@cambridgeblue - I would like to commend TheMensch for yet another excellent post. I have grown tired of you of the Bomber Brown/UOF rhetoric of cambridgeblue as to Rangers men. We are all Rangers men apart from the trolls like aboo who I have filtered but still turns up to sully this thread. The eight man consortium was a Trojan horse for King. The current board have made it clear that they will accept a loan from Taylor/Park/Letham and that they will allow TPL to underwrite the equity release. However they have been unequivocal on King. If he is not removed from their consortium, all bets are off and Ashley will take his gloves off and give them a bare knuckle fight that they will lose. So if they throw King under the bus, they get seats on the board and control. As I stated Park has already been told this verbally and it will be announced Monday morning at 0700. TPL want Somers out. LLambias, who is leading negotiations for RIFC, agreed. Llambias will continue as CEO. James Easdale will continue on the board and Sandy Easdale will continue as chairman of the football club. TPL will be offered up to three board seats. So are you happy now cambridge, or upset that King will not be allowed to ascend the marble staircase. You may note that I stated that I wanted TPL and not King. You may note that I wanted true blue Rangers supporters James and Sandy Easdale to remain. You may also note that I wanted the expertise of the Ashley appointed executives. I like the look of the new Rangers board. I will now increase my shareholding. I'm relieve that the glib and shameless liar has been sent back to the country where he is a convicted criminal.

Even if they stuck together, and the big investors agreed to the Sarver proposal, it will still take 21 days to call an EGM and then assuming it makes 75% Sarver is only going to supply a ?6.5 loan which is to be repaid in 90 days, ?3m of that loan goes back to MASH and the remaining ?3.5m to see out this season (it might just be enough) but it is still a loan when actual money donated/raised is required? Nobody knows yet what the terms of the loan are? and it wont nullify the onerous contracts. The ?20m to buy the shares goes to the share holders not into working capital.They need money next week, the Brentford money has gone to repay Sandy. As it stands there is nothing left when we play them? unless its more conditional loans. The fans should be praying for Admin v2.0 then do what we have done and stop wishing for a sugar daddy????

I'm just catching up with this thread after a busy week and am guessing someone else has probably already corrected you on this but in case they haven't, the ?20m goes to the company, not current shareholders, as it's an offer to buy new, freshly issued shares, not to buy existing shares from current shareholders.

If it goes ahead, Sarver will also have to make an offer to existing shareholders to buy their shares at the same price, but any money he spent on that would be separate from the ?20m.

Interesting post has just appeared on the RIFC share site, guy seems pretty sure about his facts and is saying there is a deal in place and will be announced to the stock exchange at 7 tomorrow morning.

Guess we'll find out in the morning if this guy has some inside info or is talking BS.

Today 11:55
Sitonfence
RE: The King Consortium defeat Ashl..
Hold

@cambridgeblue - I would like to commend TheMensch for yet another excellent post. I have grown tired of you of the Bomber Brown/UOF rhetoric of cambridgeblue as to Rangers men. We are all Rangers men apart from the trolls like aboo who I have filtered but still turns up to sully this thread. The eight man consortium was a Trojan horse for King. The current board have made it clear that they will accept a loan from Taylor/Park/Letham and that they will allow TPL to underwrite the equity release. However they have been unequivocal on King. If he is not removed from their consortium, all bets are off and Ashley will take his gloves off and give them a bare knuckle fight that they will lose. So if they throw King under the bus, they get seats on the board and control. As I stated Park has already been told this verbally and it will be announced Monday morning at 0700. TPL want Somers out. LLambias, who is leading negotiations for RIFC, agreed. Llambias will continue as CEO. James Easdale will continue on the board and Sandy Easdale will continue as chairman of the football club. TPL will be offered up to three board seats. So are you happy now cambridge, or upset that King will not be allowed to ascend the marble staircase. You may note that I stated that I wanted TPL and not King. You may note that I wanted true blue Rangers supporters James and Sandy Easdale to remain. You may also note that I wanted the expertise of the Ashley appointed executives. I like the look of the new Rangers board. I will now increase my shareholding. I'm relieve that the glib and shameless liar has been sent back to the country where he is a convicted criminal.

the Lyin King will not be happy if this is the end result.

Some more info from the same source:

RE: Doors opening Monday
Today 12:40
We must await the official announcement, but the deal was agreed in principal on Friday evening. The first announcement will be one to thank Robert Sarver for his interest. The second announcement will be to welcome Taylor, Park and Letham with an outline of their convertible loan. I also understand that one of the three appointments that TPL will be given is that of chairman. Somers will be on board until a new chairman is appointed. It is an excellent compromise that no real fan or shareholder would not welcome.

This guy has also said that there will not be an EGM now as there is no need for one.
Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Sorry - TPL ?

Taylor, Park & Lethem I presume.

Is this just not rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic..?

Yeh, the onerous contracts and other money bleeds will still be in place by the looks of things, if this info is correct that is.

If this info is correct what strikes me is that they seem to just think that once "Rangers Men" get their feet under the table, then everything will be alright.

What none of them seem to understand is that the onerous contracts and the other drains on the money will still be there, whether Rangers Men or not are in charge.

If all this is true it only kicks the can a bit further down the road yet again, until Ashley's loans are due and it also saves Ashley money as the 3 bears will then take over as Sevco's de facto bankers.

lost in space

If this info is correct what strikes me is that they seem to just think that once "Rangers Men" get their feet under the table, then everything will be alright.

What none of them seem to understand is that the onerous contracts and the other drains on the money will still be there, whether Rangers Men or not are in charge.

If all this is true it only kicks the can a bit further down the road yet again, until Ashley's loans are due and it also saves Ashley money as the 3 bears will then take over as Sevco's de facto bankers.

Yes - true, but it is what I feared - this would be the beginning of the end.  Onerous contracts still in place but the 3 bears will know this and be prepared to play a "long game" - see out the contracts (including further short term loans) and get the huns into a secure financial footing.  It will take years and they will not affect us this season - but this could be the start of their re-building - and the end of this wonderful thread, which has brought me so much pleasure and laughs!! 

Edited by lost in space

If King wants in on the party, I think he'll do so without the permission of Somers and the rest of the power brokers. There's nothing they can do to stop him hoovering up more shares.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

emerson-lake-palmer.jpg

They need a logo. They also need tour trucks with their names on the roofs

(2:48 in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_x6u0Ocbs

Some many tracks on that allbum that are very appropriate to the Hun Soap opera."The Endless Enigma (Parts one and two!)". "The Sheriff" "Living Sin". 

"Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends....."

That was old Douglas Park. New Douglas Park is linked with Hamilton.

Yes - true, but it is what I feared - this would be the beginning of the end. Onerous contracts still in place but the 3 bears will know this and be prepared to play a "long game" - see out the contracts (including further short term loans) and get the huns into a secure financial footing. It will take years and they will not affect us this season - but this could be the start of their re-building - and the end of this wonderful thread, which has brought me so much pleasure and laughs!!

Are all these businessmen really just going to throw their cash at the financial black hole that Der Hun have become..?

I just cannot see that. :blink:

jack D and coke

Nah he will stay to score his 30 goals this season as the experts on here predicted

Tbh I still think Boyd will score goals but Rangers play in such a basic fashion neither him nor Miller are getting a sniff. Boyd and Miller can't score goals in the scottish 2nd tier? Give me a break. The coaching and tactics are obviously pretty dreadful.

Boyd would've got plenty for us this season I think. I don't want him but I believe he would be well into double figures.

i wish jj was my dad

Nah he will stay to score his 30 goals this season as the experts huns on here predicted

FTFY

The Mighty Thor

Are all these businessmen really just going to throw their cash at the financial black hole that Der Hun have become..?

The less intelligent huns (99.9%) still believe that somebody or some group are going to ride over the horizon to the rescue with pots of cash.

The 3 berrs are pumping in ?6.5m. Sound. How far does that get the sevco carcass and then what? Another ?6.5m? How many millions do the 3 berrs have to pish away into Charlie Green and Mike Ashley's pockets via the wonderfully constructed onerous contracts.

Personally I hope the 3 berrs do take control. It'll consign the huns to being weak for a long long time. No cash = no trophies = empty stands at ?1brokes = no cash etc etc etc.

The less intelligent huns (99.9%) still believe that somebody or some group are going to ride over the horizon to the rescue with pots of cash.

The 3 berrs are pumping in ?6.5m. Sound. How far does that get the sevco carcass and then what? Another ?6.5m? How many millions do the 3 berrs have to pish away into Charlie Green and Mike Ashley's pockets via the wonderfully constructed onerous contracts.

Personally I hope the 3 berrs do take control. It'll consign the huns to being weak for a long long time. No cash = no trophies = empty stands at ?1brokes = no cash etc etc etc.

Exactly spot on.

Ashley takes a back seat with his nice retail & merchandising contracts and lets the 3bears take over and then it is they who have to finance everything.

Ashley then isn't breaking any SFA rules, plus it cost's him no more money, he's not got to keep the huns afloat anylonger.

When there is no champions league music playing at Ibrox and no more cash to be flung in it's the 3 bears who get the blame, and all the time Ashley still has his nice little earners.

Win, win, win for Ashley and it's only cost him what ?3m?

kingantti1874

Then why have they become involved in the first place

• Maple Leaf locked this topic