The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

We_are_the_Hearts

Tbh I still think Boyd will score goals but Rangers play in such a basic fashion neither him nor Miller are getting a sniff. Boyd and Miller can't score goals in the scottish 2nd tier? Give me a break. The coaching and tactics are obviously pretty dreadful.

Boyd would've got plenty for us this season I think. I don't want him but I believe he would be well into double figures.

maybes aye maybes maw but I guarantee our other players wouldn't score as much with him playing with his all about me style of play.

Yes - true, but it is what I feared - this would be the beginning of the end.  Onerous contracts still in place but the 3 bears will know this and be prepared to play a "long game" - see out the contracts (including further short term loans) and get the huns into a secure financial footing.  It will take years and they will not affect us this season - but this could be the start of their re-building - and the end of this wonderful thread, which has brought me so much pleasure and laughs!! 

I agree up to a point, however, the orcs do not do waiting for a stable financial platform. They will walk away as they did in the early eighties when results and performances are poor. so any saviour has to spend money and lots of it, not just to line the spivs pockets but to put out a decent team otherwise they are screwed financially again as their income drops as the orcs do "walking away".

Sevco are a financial basket case and any new investment is just a sticking plaster over an arterial wound, it needs to either die and start again or someone to spend 50m or so buying all the shares and either buying out contracts from the spivs or going to court to get them nullified. Anything else is a waste of time.

Then why have they become involved in the first place

They must think they can stabilise the Club, and they may be right, as I've no reason to doubt their intentions or pro Rangers motives.

The point is that they will not (in my opinion) do so by throwing money at the Club or the team. The money they've already put in, they will want back, and they will want a return on any further / future investments.

Even if they are successful, it will be a very very different Rangers, not just having to spend within their means, but service this multimillion pound debt as well. Add to that an inevitable drop in support if they cannot compete at the very top and in Europe, coupled with the onerous contracts, and they will be a mere shadow of their former selves.

I agree up to a point, however, the orcs do not do waiting for a stable financial platform. They will walk away as they did in the early eighties when results and performances are poor. so any saviour has to spend money and lots of it, not just to line the spivs pockets but to put out a decent team otherwise they are screwed financially again as their income drops as the orcs do "walking away".

Sevco are a financial basket case and any new investment is just a sticking plaster over an arterial wound, it needs to either die and start again or someone to spend 50m or so buying all the shares and either buying out contracts from the spivs or going to court to get them nullified. Anything else is a waste of time.

Seems to me Rangers are in a financial Catch 22.

Ashley wants to rake in the money from the trading arm so wants a successful team on the park .... he's not interested in ploughing the millions into the club that will enable that to happen. Meanwhile the 3 Bears can't afford to throw big bucks in to establishing and maintaining a successful Rangers team without the subsidy that the trading arm provides.

Happy days :toff:

The 3 Berrs may be able to pull Sevco away from the brink in the short term, see them through to the end of the season and then the Play-offs. But what then. Do they have the gumption for re-structuring the club. The will need a totally new senior management structure, new coaches and new players. And the youth set-up at MP will need overhauled.

TLP may have deep pockets but will they be willing to divi the costs required to put the club back on a sure footing 33.33% each. I can see them going down the route that Robinson / Deans went at Hearts with a major falling out and acrimony.

There are far too many interested parties with shares in Sevco to let any one faction get the upper hand. I cannot see Sevco ever being in a position to challenge its bum brother. Sevco needs a Fergus McBunnet, a Desmond Desmond. It does not need a conglomerate of Spivs.

More twists and turns than a twisty-turny thing.

They must think they can stabilise the Club, and they may be right, as I've no reason to doubt their intentions or pro Rangers motives.

The point is that they will not (in my opinion) do so by throwing money at the Club or the team. The money they've already put in, they will want back, and they will want a return on any further / future investments.

Even if they are successful, it will be a very very different Rangers, not just having to spend within their means, but service this multimillion pound debt as well. Add to that an inevitable drop in support if they cannot compete at the very top and in Europe, coupled with the onerous contracts, and they will be a mere shadow of their former selves.

I wouldn't be surprised if they convert the loans to shares.

Or give a promise not to call them in for a while.

Seems to me Rangers are in a financial Catch 22.

Ashley wants to rake in the money from the trading arm so wants a successful team on the park .... he's not interested in ploughing the millions into the club that will enable that to happen. Meanwhile the 3 Bears can't afford to throw big bucks in to establishing and maintaining a successful Rangers team without the subsidy that the trading arm provides.

Happy days :toff:

".... It's not about bragging rights here, we're talking about a lifetime licence to terrorise the opposition here and what an occasion we stand on."

Love your quote above from Neil McCann.........

Edited by Jamdub

The 3 Berrs may be able to pull Sevco away from the brink in the short term, see them through to the end of the season and then the Play-offs. But what then. Do they have the gumption for re-structuring the club. The will need a totally new senior management structure, new coaches and new players. And the youth set-up at MP will need overhauled.

TLP may have deep pockets but will they be willing to divi the costs required to put the club back on a sure footing 33.33% each. I can see them going down the route that Robinson / Deans went at Hearts with a major falling out and acrimony.

There are far too many interested parties with shares in Sevco to let any one faction get the upper hand. I cannot see Sevco ever being in a position to challenge its bum brother. Sevco needs a Fergus McBunnet, a Desmond Desmond. It does not need a conglomerate of Spivs.

So near ... and yet so far.

desmond+dekkker+King+Of+Ska++Greatest+Hi

stirlingshirejambo

No sign of Boyd yesterday at Alloa. Perhaps hes played his last for Newco.

he came off the bench yesterday

anonymous perhaps but he was there

I P Knightley

Ha Dundee United have shown a note of interest in the Orcs 50 goal a season Kris Boyd only if the orcs are prepared to let him go .

Don't know if this is serious from them or more of a wind up .

I'd like to see more of this going on: offers to take players off their wage bill for them.

I'd like to see more of this going on: offers to take players off their wage bill for them.

Time to treat them on the same way that they have treated everyone else in Scottish Football for decades. What goes round comes round.

If we ignore spivs, shares & charlatans for a moment and strip Rangers back to basics I just don't see how so called 'businessmen' have failed to make it work.

The club had little or no debts when Charles Green bought the assets.

If they are relatively successful they have 50k fans there most weeks - which should pull in ?1m in gate money / food / programmes.

20 home games is ?20m.

TV, sponsorship and merchandise must be able to pull in ?10m.

So they should have a turnover towards ?30m - even if they only spend 50% on players wages they would have a budget way in excess of anyone other than Celtic. They don't even need to pay transfer fees as they can pick up players out of contract.4

I just don't see how they can have made such a complete arse of things.

Nothing wrong with your numbers but they've burned through 70 mil in two years.....most of that going to Green, Imran, Stockbridge and numerous other shady parties that Green sucked in at the outset........precisely because the income numbers are potentially so good. 

If we ignore spivs, shares & charlatans for a moment and strip Rangers back to basics I just don't see how so called 'businessmen' have failed to make it work.

If they are relatively successful they have 50k fans there most weeks - which should pull in ?1m in gate money / food / programmes.

20 home games is ?20m.

So they should have a turnover towards ?30m - even if they only spend 50% on players wages they would have a budget way in excess of anyone other than Celtic. They don't even need to pay transfer fees as they can pick up players out of contract.4

Don't make the mistake of looking at this as an exercise in running a succesful football club. From a get rich quick scheme it has worked great for those involved

Barney Rubble

20 home games is ?20m.

Not doubting your figures but they don't guarantee title wins and champions league places and without that 50k attendance is fanciful . 30k at a push .

20 home games is ?20m.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

i wish jj was my dad

Not doubting your figures but they don't guarantee title wins and champions league places and without that 50k attendance is fanciful . 30k at a push .

They haven't been getting 50k each week for years.  Long before Murray stopped spending other people's money.

Good points, added to which is the fact that there is no certainty they will play in the top flight next season.  Another season in the second tier exacerbates the situation further.  

The other thing that the Bears (fans) need is some form of transparency and what the clubs future plans will be.

They should be demanding to know what all the onerous contracts are and how can they be broken.

Or are they just so grateful that they have these Rangers investors on board they will now accept anything they are told or bow down to 'commercial confidentiality'

Is this a Cornish sevco supporter or Benny from Crossroads?

@DarylH_89: When you sign up to the rangers supporters trust what date of the month does the money be took from your account??

Is this a Cornish sevco supporter or Benny from Crossroads?

@DarylH_89: When you sign up to the rangers supporters trust what date of the month does the money be took from your account??

You can't help but read it in that accent. :)

Tick tock surely not!

Had a look at the twitter account

Run by a Celtic fan

Stadium to be renamed

Felix Magath to be Technical Director

among the rumours

Probably the three bears have given them a loan until share issue and been given couple of seats on the board in return and get the club.

Footballfirst

All still rumours

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/rangers-fc-ibrox-stadium-naming-rights-unofficially-on-the-market-39295

Mobile gambling company reportedly offered the naming rights for Rangers FC famous Ibrox stadium.

Last week Daily Record Sport claimed it had received leaked emails showing correspondence between SPFL head of partnerships Keith Campbell and a broker for Fruity King (Mobile Gaming Company) in which details of a potential three-year title sponsorship deal are discussed.

In one email sent on December 16, Campbell writes: ?The fee for the title sponsorship of the four Scottish leagues is ?1.75m though this is subject to an agreed rights package.?

With the financial troubles plaguing Scottish football and the mobile gaming company bullishly proclaiming; ?We are interested in stadium naming rights, shirt sponsorship deals and football league rights packages.? It seems in the in the murky world of football agents, brokers and commercial deals that business dealings are very much going on behind the scenes.

A source close to the mobile gaming company told Winner Sports: ?Rangers need money, the company received a tender from someone representing Rangers FC a few days ago and are currently in the process of due diligence.?

Discussions with the SPFL are said to be ?ongoing? and are set to continue early in 2015

A spokesperson for Fruity King told us:
?There is a real opportunity for those clubs who have not yet made the leap of faith to re-name their stadium, there is untapped revenue.?

?If we pay the money they want, then we will call it The Fruity King Arena.?

?It is a dual interest, clubs need money to compete and we want to expand our brand to reach new markets via football.?

But it doesn?t, or shouldn?t, matter explains the gaming giant?s commercial spokesperson: ?We?re not concerned about the fans reaction. This is purely from a commercial aspect?? Using Rangers? Ibrox Stadium as the example he continues, ?? they can still call it Ibrox if they prefer. This is nothing new in the sports franchise world. This has been going on for over a decade in the USA.?

He continued, ?Look at the deal between The New Orleans Pelicans and Smoothie King. It was renamed The Smoothie King Center (originally New Orleans Arena) in 2014.?

Edited by Footballfirst

Had a look at the twitter account

Run by a Celtic fan

Stadium to be renamed

Felix Magath to be Technical Director

among the rumours

With The Rangers it's always guess work as to what's coming next, there's never a day goes by but something's happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ha ha, the Fruity Kings stadium (originally Ibrox). That would be a hoot. Would Flutey Kings not be more appropriate?

:lol:

Bears Den is doon :(

Not happy about Ibrox being called the fruity loop stadium?

Edit:  Back up now.

Edited by graygo

This Rangers circus getting a bit boring now

Well they lorded, crapped all over and treated Scottish football with nothing but contempt for 20 years under Murray.

Only another 17 years of them in the crap to go.....

jamboinglasgow

Fruity kings getting more free advertising.

yup, apparently they have been shamelessly putting out stories that they are in sponsorship talks with various organisations even though its not true just to get free publicity. Saw Lawrence Broadie really lay into them on twitter recently.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic