The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

AllyjamboDerbyshire

add3a8c8db1982fe59afb9314525959f.jpg

It looks like the guy in front of Whyte's (Rangers fan, no doubt) head really does button up the back!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Why so glum, Craigie? Has she just told you where to stick your plans for tonight?

Footballfirst

Why so glum, Craigie? Has she just told you where to stick your plans for tonight?

No.  McCoist's laddies are in the process of exiting the CL qualifiers to Malmo, thus preventing Craigie boy getting his hands on a ?20M payday.

tartofmidlothian

Whytes fortunes have changed,

abd590fdc9986c2b3ffe03a9f33e0c56.jpg

He got better Burds back then..

I'm no expert on such matters, but he looks like he's scrubbed up from back in the day. Then - podgy schoolboy. Now - Bond villain.

thats actually a really decent read FF.  thanks for sharing cos i wouldn't have looked it up otherwise

Another Robbo

He was doing really well up until he wrote 'Enter stage left, Mr Ashley'

We need to cut our cloth accordingly........hey a billionaire!

I read it as being Ashley is the man to make the cuts not throw money at them. Edited by Another Robbo

I'm no expert on such matters, but he looks like he's scrubbed up from back in the day. Then - podgy schoolboy. Now - Bond villain.

fD5sQhX.gif?1

Bill McMurdo's guest blogger from Canada seems to get it. Praise for Ann Budge too.

https://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2014/11/27/a-view-from-away/

Got as far as the anti Rangers media and stopped reading.

Im surprised NcMurdo didnt use editorial licence and change it to 'Rangers hating press' though.

Tonight we heard a Rangers hating media soundbite on Sportsound. Chick Young mentioned on that the Premiership clubs are missing the Rangers millions. The context was low crowds in the Scottish Cup.

And Scotland Tonight are going to discuss the Rangers Retail deal. I wonder what John Mackay will come up with to upset them so much.

The truth probably.

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst

A slip of the tongue by Super Salary in today's Telegraph, or is he resigned to liquidation #2?

?I?d love it if this was our last Petrofac Cup campaign and I mean that in the nicest possible way,? he said. ?It maybe makes the game at Alloa that bit more special. ?Winning it in our final year would be the ideal scenario. That would be the dream ticket.?

Bill McMurdo's guest blogger from Canada seems to get it. Praise for Ann Budge too.

https://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2014/11/27/a-view-from-away/

Could hardly hold back the tears reading this -

Although I can?t begin to imagine what it was like going to school or work the day after an old firm defeat in Scotland, believe me it was a daily event at school or at work to have to defend the traditions of my Rangers and Scottish football in general.

What saddens me more than anything is that for the past three years or so I?m reminded of those childhood battles and the days spent defending The Rangers.

And there was me , as a kid, wondering why following HMFC was such purgatory when in fact , every day poor guys like him were in the trenches trying to "defend the traditions". I'm tearing up again.

A slip of the tongue by Super Salary in today's Telegraph, or is he resigned to liquidation #2?

?I?d love it if this was our last Petrofac Cup campaign and I mean that in the nicest possible way,? he said. ?It maybe makes the game at Alloa that bit more special. ?Winning it in our final year would be the ideal scenario. That would be the dream ticket.?

The dream ticket. The Petrofac Training Cup.

Chaka Demus & pliers

The dream ticket. The Petrofac Training Cup.

Saw a poster on The bears den forum who reckoned it would be good to win it since Celtic never will.

Are rangers turning into Hibs?

To be fair this is sevcos 3rd shot at winning this cup. They are almost founder members of the inaugural cup are they not?

Anyway it's a big deal

Right

jamboinglasgow

All good for Hearts league challenge...

c49c42921eade055059d1b389793aa0d.jpg

I can see McLeod, Wallace being sold, I could see a third player I genuinely struggle to think of a player they sell for a few hundred k (Bell could have been one if he wasn't injured.) I then see 3 or 4 Newcastle youngsters coming to Rangers on loan.

All good for Hearts league challenge... c49c42921eade055059d1b389793aa0d.jpg

For once, Super Salary has been out-deluded on that back page by the manager of the other arse-cheek!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good game & a reality check at Murray Park i heard yesterday ..

Celtic U20. 6

Sevco U20. 1

Wonder if we'll see a repeat of this score when they meet in Feb?..

Who cares?

The Mighty Thor

All good for Hearts league challenge...

c49c42921eade055059d1b389793aa0d.jpg

Got to love the feeshul ?1broke mouthpiece.

'Top stars', 'highly rated'....

They've got one saleable in Lewis McLeod and that's it. Left backs of the standard of Wallace are ten a penny. You might get a few quid for that wee welt Fraser Aird but that ain't going to balance your books.

Safe to say the fire sale option isn't going to keep the light on :)

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Got to love the feeshul ?1broke mouthpiece.

'Top stars', 'highly rated'....

They've got one saleable in Lewis McLeod and that's it. Left backs of the standard of Wallace are ten a penny. You might get a few quid for that wee welt Fraser Aird but that ain't going to balance your books.

Safe to say the fire sale option isn't going to keep the light on :)

It'll be more about getting them off the wage bill than selling them.

The problem is they have to agree to move to a club who won't pay them anything like they're on at the moment. Unlikely

Hagar the Horrible

She said Arsenal are playing at home!  probable explains why he sold the shares!!!!!!!

The Mighty Thor

It'll be more about getting them off the wage bill than selling them.

The problem is they have to agree to move to a club who won't pay them anything like they're on at the moment. Unlikely

I don't think the younger players of value are the big earners. Selling them realises minimal cash but still leaves hun 2.0 with all the big earners on the payroll and they're going nowhere until their contracts expire. You know the really great guys like Jig who are reaming them senseless :smugger:

Edited by The Mighty Thor

2 very strange things happening on Rangers Media forum just now.

Firstly, in the Boardroom section they're still arguing about whether the Sports Direct deal which sees them get 7.5p from every tenner spent is actually a bad one! They got something like 4.5 million a year from JJB and now get c. 600k. Seems pretty obvious to 99% of everyone else I'd say.

Secondly, I don't see any mention of Ally Mccoist's concerns about having to sell players. Weird!

True,

McLeod might generate a bid. Elbows certainly won't & he earns 10 times what McLeod does prob. Hemoeringing cash & it's looking increasingly likely that Ashley is turning the tap off forcing a jan fire sale.

It's getting the players to actually move on that might be difficult too, on eye watering contracts some might be quite content to sit it out. Imagine the seethe if sevco's own players were to force admin in jan through refusing to move on as the well runs dry.

SoS are saying this...

9f4726179b9f961be479af5a89430214.jpg

Fantastic if true, ?1 to have S.D advertising on the shirts, they've really "sold the jerseys" now. :lol:

I dont think you can even blame the players for sitting tight on the contracts they where given, most have sacrificed their footballing "careers" on the promise that they would be paid handsomely for doing so. Its no there fault that the spivs have been spiving and the cash done been spent up.

Footballfirst

The facebook post re the shirt sponsorship would explain why MA would be willing to give up on the naming rights.

However the 32Red deal was for 3 seasons so it's unlikely that there would be an immediate change unless there are break points in the contract or part of the period is an option.

The Mighty Thor

True,

McLeod might generate a bid. Elbows certainly won't & he earns 10 times what McLeod does prob. Hemoeringing cash & it's looking increasingly likely that Ashley is turning the tap off forcing a jan fire sale.

It's getting the players to actually move on that might be difficult too, on eye watering contracts some might be quite content to sit it out. Imagine the seethe if sevco's own players were to force admin in jan through refusing to move on as the well runs dry.

They can always get Swally to take a pay cut. That went well the last time :lol:

The facebook post re the shirt sponsorship would explain why MA would be willing to give up on the naming rights.

However the 32Red deal was for 3 seasons so it's unlikely that there would be an immediate change unless there are break points in the contract or part of the period is an option.

it was rumoured 32Red had paid up this season's sponsorship money in full.

That may have given them some form of get out to.  And one they are happy to do so.

They can always get Swally to take a pay cut. That went well the last time :lol:

It's in the accounts that Ally has taken the pay cut.

They key question naturally is whether it's a cut or whether a deferal on when the money is paid to him.

True,

SoS are saying this...

9f4726179b9f961be479af5a89430214.jpg

Fantastic if true, ?1 to have S.D advertising on the shirts, they've really "sold the jerseys" now. :lol:

I really hope that is true! :lol:

Or unless the contract becomes null and void in the case of liquidation?

::troll:::'>

The Mighty Thor

It's in the accounts that Ally has taken the pay cut.

They key question naturally is whether it's a cut or whether a deferal on when the money is paid to him.

Bugger. I hate when the truth gets in the way of a good story. :(

I dont care if we have no money.  Please, please put a derisory bid in for one of their players.

:gok: that would be delicious.

Good game & a reality check at Murray Park i heard yesterday ..

Celtic U20. 6

Sevco U20. 1

Wonder if we'll see a repeat of this score when they meet in Feb?..

Up until last weekend I would have quite enjoyed Rangers getting a good beating.

But after the game on Sunday and the new managers comments and lack of action over the dive I think I would love to see Rangers win.

But win with Brown being sent off and a Boyd dive to win a penalty in last minute.

Follow that up with Rangers staying in the championship with us winning the league it would have Celtic fans spewing for another year knowing they lost the 'first' game v Rangers.

Hopefully Santa is reading this...

Most of their ist team are Hun supporters.  IF we  bought a couple  ( just for arguments sake)  they would not play to win against their old team. 

Hopefully Newcastle at least wont loan them any decent players. Fringe players etc.

I dont see that would be acceptable  at the SFA . 

Top stars aye? Bit of poetic license being taken there I reckon. Right up there with the "war chest" headline that was being funded by not paying taxes.

I feel for Wee Stevie here though. He had just found a list of free agents and a list of players whose contracts expire in 6 months on a Football Manager forum and all his hard work it appears is for nothing. Next thing you know Llambias will be giving him his jotters as the IT work is being farmed out to Sports Direct tech support.

Is Alex McLeish managing a club just now? That's the only way I see an offer coming in for McLeod. As for the rest of their "stars" I can't see any offers being made. I mean Derek McInnes & Barry Ferguson have no cash at their clubs, Souness ain't managing, Jimmy Nicoll - nope, Jimmy Calderwood? It's a sad state of affairs when the old boys network can't help you out by buying dross from you for big money!!

Up until last weekend I would have quite enjoyed Rangers getting a good beating.

But after the game on Sunday and the new managers comments and lack of action over the dive I think I would love to see Rangers win.

But win with Brown being sent off and a Boyd dive to win a penalty in last minute.

Follow that up with Rangers staying in the championship with us winning the league it would have Celtic fans spewing for another year knowing they lost the 'first' game v Rangers.

Hopefully Santa is reading this...

For me the more fixtures Sevco have to play between now and the end of season the better for us.   I hope the LC semi in February is a blood bath with Sevco winning but suffer many injuries and suspensions.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Most of their ist team are Hun supporters. IF we bought a couple ( just for arguments sake) they would not play to win against their old team.

Black = Man U

Wallace = Hibs

Daly = Probably not Rangers, going by the names he gets called on Rangers Media

Templeton = Celtic

Law = No idea, but doubt Rangers

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Compared to sevco's thuggery against us a celtic players dive dive for a penalty pails into insignificance tbh. But sevco having to indure another year in the wilderness is definitely a win win.

Nah, Sunday was disgraceful and the Celtic fans are every bit as verminous as Rangers'.

Black = Man U

Wallace = Hibs

Daly = Probably not Rangers, going by the names he gets called on Rangers Media

Templeton = Celtic

Law = No idea, but doubt Rangers

Hartley and Colquhoun were Celtic fans and it hardly stopped their efforts either.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hartley and Colquhoun were Celtic fans and it hardly stopped their efforts either.

I know. I never said it did. I never even mentioned that part of his post. I merely pointed out a few of the Rangers players who are not Rangers fans, and some who are probably not.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I was taking about the team on the park.

I thought we were discussing the negative effect on the two clubs regarding a victory in either direction. Celtic fans are filth, and I agree with the other poster, it would be delightful to see their rage at getting gubbed by Rangers.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic