The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Rangers to go into admin this season - after the next transfer window - to avoid the points penalty when they have to play us next year?

I know this is a slight aside from the AGM chat but it's worth discussing.

I've lost track of the points deduction for a 2nd insolvency event, is it a pro-rata number or a flat 25 points? I've heard it said (maybe somewhere on this very thread) that Rangers are trying to win the league by more than 25 points as they know admin2 is coming so even with a points deduction they still win the league and get promoted.

Too far-fetched?

Edited by Samster

Fozzyonthefence

I don't know if there's a specific rule for a 2nd insolvency but no doubt they'll argue that they're a new club after all if that happens!

lost in space

I know this is a slight aside from the AGM chat but it's worth discussing.

I've lost track of the points deduction for a 2nd insolvency event, is it a pro-rata number or a flat 25 points? I've heard it said (maybe somewhere on this very thread) that Rangers are trying to win the league by more than 25 points as they know admin2 is coming so even with a points deduction they still win the league and get promoted.

Too far-fetched?

They could do this - but we all know how long it takes to come out of admin. If they do go into admin - they would probably still be in admin for the start of next season - which, I think means another points deduction - which would be nice!!!!!!

Hagar the Horrible

Results are in

Old board in, requisitioners not in, they got about 30% of the vote, pretty unanimous for apart from Stockbridge who got a vote of 65%, and even that shows its been a carve up.

Results are in

Old board in, requisitioners not in, they got about 30% of the vote, pretty unanimous for apart from Stockbridge who got a vote of 65%, and even that shows its been a carve up.

Will be interesting how the fans react to this.

Barney Rubble

All 5 newco directors have been re-elected to the board. Arf arf ....

Excellent , hope they get straight back down to the nitty gritty of asset stripping , karmas a bitch ya cheating hun ****s !

Will be interesting how the fans react to this.

Big revolt on the cards I think, cue John Brown on the steps arm in arm with Fat Sally, "Whars tha Deeds" "We want claroofacation".

Will Dave King ride to the rescue with a suit case full of ready's?

Excellent , hope they get straight back down to the nitty gritty of asset stripping , karmas a bitch ya cheating hun ****s !

Just wow!!!

You don't do irony do you?

Barney Rubble

I'm pretty sure the Rangers supporters would say the same thing.

Your right they would , doesnt make them right !

Barney Rubble

Fair enough but the same could be said of your post #54071

Werent they found guilty of some dodgy practices by some judge only to be told they never gained any advantage :wtf: .

We on the other hand ?

Werent they found guilty of some dodgy practices by some judge only to be told they never gained any advantage :wtf: .

We on the other hand ?

I agree, they cheated and are paying the consequences for it now.

That wasn't really my point though.

Ask a supporter of any other team if we "cheated"

Barney Rubble

Your point is i can hardly bang on about about the cheating of another club because other teams fans think we cheated too ?

Your point is i can hardly bang on about about the cheating of another club because other teams fans think we cheated too ?

Pretty much yes.

Irony was probably the wrong word having just double checked it's definition.

Barney Rubble

Pretty much yes.

Irony was probably the wrong word having just double checked it's definition.

See your point but until we,re found guilty of any skullduggery then i reserve the right to cast aspersions about the dodgy hun !

Edited by marco vanbasten 1874

Footballfirst

The board did fail to get one of their resolutions passed, i.e. no. 10, relating to the disapplication of pre-emption rights. This resolution required a 75% vote in favour but only got 67.9%..

Resolution 9, which was passed, allowed the board to issue more shares, however resolution 10, was intended to allow the board to issue the shares without first offering them to existing shareholders.

What does it mean? Probably that the Board can't be overly creative in offering a proportion of free or heavily discounted shares to any new Spiv mates. I see that the intention is to seek to have the resolution voted on once again once the full business review has been completed though..

Edited by Footballfirst

The board did fail to get one of their resolutions passed, i.e. no. 10, relating to the disapplication of pre-emption rights. This resolution required a 75% vote in favour but only got 67.9%..

Resolution 9, which was passed, allowed the board to issue more shares, however resolution 10, was intended to allow the board to issue the shares without first offering them to existing shareholders.

What does it mean? Probably that the Board can't be overly creative in offering a proportion of free or heavily discounted shares to any new Spiv mates. I see that the intention is to seek to have the resolution voted on once again once the full business review has been completed though..

I think that is a big stumbling block for the spives

Listening to Clyde 1 now, they are openly saying the club need money and fast.

I wonder if they will get on to discussing why?

:jjyay:

Look's like the penny has dropped.

RFC RIP are not paying anything as a consequence of their "cheating". They went bust due to cheating the tax man. RFC never paid the fine imposed by LNS if IRC.

RFC RIP are not paying anything as a consequence of their "cheating". They went bust due to cheating the tax man. RFC never paid the fine imposed by LNS if IRC.

IF (a big if) you agree that they are the same club then starting at the bottom was a consequence of their "cheating".

They also had a transfer embargo placed on them, regardless of how ham fisted that was.

There probably could and should have been more tbf.

Barney Rubble

IF (a big if) you agree that they are the same club then starting at the bottom was a consequence of their "cheating".

They also had a transfer embargo placed on them, regardless of how ham fisted that was.

Theyre not the same club , same supporters yeah but the reason they started at the bottom was because they are a new club ..

Which is for another thread sorrrry i forgot !

Edited by marco vanbasten 1874

Theyre not the same club , same supporters yeah but the reason they started at the bottom was because they are a new club ..

Not wanting to go over old ground but they claim (and the folk who matter agree) that it was the company who liquidated not the club. (yawn)

I happen to agree with your point of view but that doesn't make us right.

And when they go bust again they will dodge more debt but still claim to be the same club

Rangers are becoming a bit like Triggers sweeping brush

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm sorry but you cant call a transfer embargo that wasn't really a transfer embargo a transfer embargo. That's just taking the pure p!$$.

It is what it is. If vlad had got it right, the fix was already in place. It is still that way despite what we know. Give me my money back you cheating bunch of

Nicked from another site but sums it all up perfectly:

It is utterly astonishing the level of arrogance they show and the funny bit is that it looks like it is going to kill their new club like it did their last one.

It seems to me that their entire business strategy previously was.......'But we are Rangers'.

Rich huns were expected to throw tens of millions of pounds at them to buy players to keep timmy in his place. The Bank of Scotland was to give them money to spend just because they were Rangers. Lloyds TSB just didnt understand and for some silly reason tried to get the money they were owed back e14451.gif and the huns were incredulous.

Ordinary people and other organisations were supposed to provide goods and services to the club with no real intention of the invoices ever being settled. They were evidently paying for the privilege of being associated with the huns.

Taxes were for the little people and not for them.

Even now, the plan and mindset of the average hun seems to be based on some rich hun basically being willing to throw their money down the drain for no return. I have spoken to several huns today and none of them have suggested sensibly living within their means and spending what they earn. All have suggested that a sugar daddy be found from somewhere and it will all be sorted e14535.gif

Francis Albert

The BBC website doesn't get round to mentioning (briefly) the protests until towards the end of the report, and then goes on to give two or three quotes from people supporting the board and criticising the protesters, but not a word from any protester. The protesters must be a "tiny, unrepresentative

minority" like those who who sing sectarian songs and wreck city centres.

Edited by Francis Albert

Phil D. Corners

I seen on sky that 3 of the newco rangers board have contacted police about threats made about them.. the old threaten & abuse tactics like against spence & raith rovers/turnball hutton rearing there head again.

Not a huge surprise. Does anyone know at what point the 'spivs' can take their cash and run?

This shit is out of control. Scottish football is out of control. Someone needs to step in. Who's job is it if it's not going to be done by the people that should be doing it.

I seen on sky that 3 of the newco rangers board have contacted police about threats made about them.. the old threaten & abuse tactics like against spence & raith rovers/turnball hutton rearing there head again.

It's worse than google with their rules, no Booing allowed or we will call the Polis.

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

The latest BDO (liquidators) report for Oldco is available online

http://www.bdo.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/118993/Rangers-Creditors-Report-15-November-2013.PDF

There's no startling info in it, but BDO's costs breakdown on page 8 suggests that they may be onto something.

Forensic IT and Accounting

Partner 2.00 hours, ?1,398.00

Manager/Director 184.75 hours, ?82,513.50

Assistant Manager 166.50 hours, ?59,515.00

Senior Executive 233.75 hours, ?78,762.50

Grand total 587.00 hours, ?222,189.00

That seems a lot of time, effort and money spent looking at the finer details of the financial wheeling and dealing.

---------------------------

We may also have a resurrected Charlotte Fakes at https://twitter.com/RangersInter

EBT

As creditors will recall, HMRC has appealed the First Tier Tax tribunal decision in respect of the EBT scheme previously operated by the Company, commonly known as the ?Big Tax? case. We are currently reserving the Company?s position in respect of the appeal, whilst we review the documentation and evidence previously submitted and determine the most appropriate strategy in conjunction with our legal advisors. We are also closely monitoring the progress of the various directions hearings in respect of the appeal, to ensure that the Company?s position is protected.

At this stage, a full hearing date range of 24 February to 14 March 2014 has been set by the Tribunal for the appeal, but there is still significant debate between the parties as to the format and scope of the appeal proceedings which has yet to be resolved.

Given the level of the potential EBT claim, the Company remains as a defendant to the process, but the costs are currently being funded by a third party. The cost to the liquidation estate in adopting this approach is therefore minimal.

We will continue to monitor the appeal process and discuss our strategy with the Committee on an ongoing basis.

I wonder how that will go. Will they claim to be a newco or oldco if it doesn't go in their favour? Maybe they should start by removing those ridiculous 5 stars from their strip.

tartofmidlothian

I wonder how that will go. Will they claim to be a newco or oldco if it doesn't go in their favour? Maybe they should start by removing those ridiculous 5 stars from their strip.

Who's the "third party"?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic