Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferrari think that the Vettel overtake was under an oil flag (yellow with red stripe) rather than yellow flag.

Sky showed that it was defo under a yellow but the fact that Kobayashi pitted straight after meant that Vettel couldn't give the place back.

It's a non story.

kingantti1874

bonus points - Not selecting the winner of the previous grand prix in your top 10 for the forthcoming race. One-time bonus only.

bonus points - Correctly selecting a driver outside your top 10 for the fastest lap.

Looks like ill get 20 for hammy fast lap, the 40 was one time bonus only

bonus points - Not selecting the winner of the previous grand prix in your top 10 for the forthcoming race. One-time bonus only.

bonus points - Correctly selecting a driver outside your top 10 for the fastest lap.

Looks like ill get 20 for hammy fast lap, the 40 was one time bonus only

did lewis get fastest lap, if so my points total wont be as bad more like 24 rather than 2 or 4 i thought

kingantti1874

did lewis get fastest lap, if so my points total wont be as bad more like 24 rather than 2 or 4 i thought

He did aye... Did you have him to finish outside top 10 as well

Rotten finish. 20 points from the final race.

Season end in 12th position.

I am Kamui Kobayashi.

Except you have a drive/place in the predictor for 2013 :whistling:

I will need to remember to join the fun next year. In that case, I am Esteban Gutierrez.

Prince Buaben

No you aren't!

10th for me. Respectable.

Should make sure I check that there isnt a second page

:facepalm:

kingantti1874

You are welcome, great scoring for the last race, what did u get 20 bonus points for?

Picking a driver not in top 10 to have fastest lap. (Left hamilton ot on purpose) Did this the last 3 races on the bounce.. bit of a gamble but called it each time - 60pts

Ferrari considering a protest about 'illegal' overtake.

They're looking at the footage before deciding. (5Live)

If that was to happen and be upheld I may piss my pants. I like Vettel but Red Bull are very good at playing the game and dropping illegal elements onto their cars and arguing well for them.

All red bullneed to do is raise having 4 wheels off the track to set qulaifying time.

This is real petty, but typical Ferrari. Also re-look at starts to the nth degree, has Alonso left the start 1/100th of a second too early. Could get real real messy if Ferrari want to act like sore losers. No matter what happens, most people will regard Vettel / Red Bull as champions.

All red bullneed to do is raise having 4 wheels off the track to set qulaifying time.

This is real petty, but typical Ferrari. Also re-look at starts to the nth degree, has Alonso left the start 1/100th of a second too early. Could get real real messy if Ferrari want to act like sore losers. No matter what happens, most people will regard Vettel / Red Bull as champions.

Vettel did overtake under a yellow flag, I'm just surprised its taken this long for it to be investigated.

If you watch the footage from Vettel's onboard you clearly see a green flag at the bottom of the hill.

If you watch the footage from Vettel's onboard you clearly see a green flag at the bottom of the hill.

You can't overtake until after the green. The BBC footage shows he overtakes under yellow and then passes the green.

You can't overtake until after the green. The BBC footage shows he overtakes under yellow and then passes the green.

He did pass after the green flag.

It was being waved on the last corner at the bottom of the hill.

He did pass after the green flag.

It was being waved on the last corner at the bottom of the hill.

Look at the flashing LED warnings. There was a yellow on the right of the sot when he overtook. Before the green on the left of the screen.

Look at the flashing LED warnings. There was a yellow on the right of the sot when he overtook. Before the green on the left of the screen.

Will do. I'll try and find the footage and post it on here.

That'll be tomorrow though.

It's not 100% clear that at the time he passed the light if it is green or yellow. It does look like as he approaches it is yellow, but camera view passes the light before the car does, it may have just changed to green? From the footage it can not be evidenced that Vettel passed the light under green or yellow conditions.at the light. The BBC also points out that the guy waving the flag is out of camera view.

mind you it must take quite a lot of money to persuade anyone to wave a green flag, even if they did get it free at the cup final !

When he overtook it was yellow, the reason being that when you enter a yellow zone text comes up on the steering wheel staying "flag" then the yellow led flashes. You can't overtake until that goes away. So the driver doesn't have to look for flags and lights on the track as he has it in front of him. There is a decent video on YouTube explaining it.

If this is overturned I feel it is a big can of worms they are opening.

kingantti1874

When he overtook it was yellow, the reason being that when you enter a yellow zone text comes up on the steering wheel staying "flag" then the yellow led flashes. You can't overtake until that goes away. So the driver doesn't have to look for flags and lights on the track as he has it in front of him. There is a decent video on YouTube explaining it.

If this is overturned I feel it is a big can of worms they are opening.

Not really, would just be applying the rules as they stand.. No different to any other race

1354189795.jpg

Formula 1 fans, the media and Ferrari themselves have pored over YouTube clips from the Brazilian Grand Prix that appeared to show Sebastian Vettel overtaking Jean-Eric Verge before the end of a yellow flag zone on lap four.

Yet although this short video was enough to prompt Ferrari to ask for clarification about the matter, detailed analysis of the incident by high level sources shows that the Red Bull driver was entirely within the regulations - and that there are no grounds for further investigation.

An FIA spokesman confirmed to AUTOSPORT that during the race itself there had been no report from a marshal about any overtaking under yellow flags, as would most likely have happened if a breach of the regulations had taken place.

Furthermore, an in-depth look of the warning lights and marshal's post set-up at the Interlagos circuit showed that Vettel's pass took place after he had passed a green flag.

Although the 'yellow' sector itself starts at a light panel just before Turn 3, and ends about 150m before Turn 4, the light panels are a supplement to the traditional flags and are rarely in the same location.

With the use of lights, due to increased visibility, the track can be divided up into fewer sectors as line-of-sight is not always needed between them. At Interlagos, there were 22 marshals' posts while the FIA installed 16 light panels, which means there was overlap in places. The warning lights are also linked to the display in the cockpit.

According to high level FIA sources, the light panel that was showing yellow for Pastor Maldonado's stricken Williams was shown 100 metres before the next marshal post, which was located near the exit of the pitlane.

At this marshal's post a green flag was being waved on lap four - at the same time as the light signal at Turn Four was displaying green.

The separation of these two posts was about 350 metres and FIA race director Charlie Whiting has made it clear to drivers since lights were introduced more than five years ago that when there are consecutive signals from both a flag and a light, it is the first one that counts.

1354018151.jpgSo if, for example, a yellow flag is displayed followed later by a yellow light, then the no overtaking area begins at the first yellow signal which would be the flag.

So, as happened in the Vettel case, if a driver is given a green warning flag followed by a green warning light, it is the first green that counts.

Vettel's pass took place after the first green flag but before the green light, so was wholly legitimate.

This was why race control was not informed of any potential infringement and the matter was never subject to a post-race inquiry by the stewards.

FIA say there is no case to answer... or probably similar to what is in the post above..

wasnt this for passing under red and yrllow flags kobyashi. people sayong hus dash showed the yellow flag for this incident are right but curcuit flags and signs superceed these so hus dash ciuld show yellow but a marshall green

How do you post pictures again?

I've a picture of Vettel coming up to the green flag.

Put you picture on photobucket or Flicker. On photobucket simply copy the {img Picturename.jpg, and paste it in here.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Is there a more boring sport in the world than F1? Honestly, five days on from the end of the season and they're investigating an overtaking incident.......jesus wept. That's the whole ******* idea.

Is there a more boring sport in the world than F1? Honestly, five days on from the end of the season and they're investigating an overtaking incident.......jesus wept. That's the whole ******* idea.

LOL - yeah there is trawling threads about sports you find boring !, and fishing, and cricket, and american football, and baseball, and golf.. and every other sport except football. What about last seasons football investiagtions, sorted just before the start of the season !

You were clearly annoyed that everyone ignored your post during the race :lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

You were clearly annoyed that everyone ignored your post during the race :lol:

I've been at a loose end since Murray won a Grand Slam.

Looking forward to next season though. I reckon the title will go to whoever's driving the best car.

Archived