The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Grand Budapest Hotel - I find Wes Andersen very hit and miss but this was excellent. Great cast and great performance by Ralf Fiennes. 9/10

Talhotblond - interesting but not very well made doc about online relationships; like Catfish but with added murder. 6/10

Shanks said no

The Purge

4/10

Loved the concept but felt the film was a let down, could have been so much better. What damage could / would you do if there were no laws in force for 12 hours?, Would you hide away safely or would you risk joining the mayhem?

Dagger Is Back

Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Surprisingly good.

Yeah was serious about Noah. Not sure what I was expecting but this was guff. With you on Mitty though.

Sin City 2 - I loved the first one and this is more of the same; quality comic book noir and ultraviolence. And Eva Green spends pretty much the whole film showing, as tabloid journos would say, her charms. Which is nice. 8/10

Bridge of Djoum

California Solo.

Low budget American movie starring Robert Carlisle.

Pretty good, great soundtrack.

8/10

rudi must stay

Brighton Rock

The new one. Thought it was quite good, the story's pretty easy to follow and it does have a few decent performances, including the guy in the main role. But it did go on longer than it needed to. An interesting film though

7/10

Choke. Recorded it from Film4 as I enjoy Chuck Palahniuk's books.

Sam Rockwell as a sex addict loser whose mother is in a home.

A whole lot funnier than it sounds and pretty touching. 7/10

Chad Sexington

The borderlands - 7/10.

Found footage horror but I enjoyed it. Low budget British horror with a very unnerving ending.

Watched this last night. Agree with 7/10.

Very cheap. Not particularly original but great performances and the ending is f***** up and very unsettling.

Under the skin 8/10

The score is more for Scarlett Johansson's fantastic performance, as I still can't work out if Under the Skin is the best, worst or weirdest film I've seen all year...

The Raid 2 - I loved the first one but this was disappointing. An hour too long, mainly due to a pretty boring story. However the fighting, when it eventually happened, was as outstanding as in the first one. 6/10

Sexton Hardcastle

Spring Breakers 3/10

3 for Hudgeons and Gomez scantily clad. The rest of the film was a ******* shambles. James Franco is a chump as well. Not just in the film.

Enemy 7/10

I'm on a run of weird films at the moment. An intriguing plot, and Jake Gyllenhaal's quite good in it...but

the ending was a mixture of :cornette: and :sniff: and :uhoh2:

Read a few reviews afterwards - the critics don't seem to be any the wiser either. A lot of conflicting theories.

...a bit disco

Aftermath

A quite depressing and hopeless drama set in the aftermath of a nuclear attack on America.

6/10

A Million Ways to Die in the West - from the man behind Family Guy, very funny 8/10

Edge Of Tomorrow - a groundhog day esque style sci/fi thriller, decent film lots of action 7.5/10

both of the above are worth watching.

Chad Sexington

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10.

Groundhog Day meets Starship Troopers. I loved this. Its funny, ridiculous and action packed. Tom Cruise is surprisingly good in it as well.

Just watched How To Train Your Dragon 2 with the kids. Another Dreamworks classic. Had me and the wife welling up at bits and some genuinely funny dialogue.

8.5/10

Edited by madvladsdad

Shanks said no

Locke

8/10

An odd film, didnt think I would watch 90 minutes of a man driving a car and enjoy it, but Tom Hardy is too good an actor to be put off. Son walked out, my wife said it was rubbish but I found it gripping and well worth my time.

Shanks said no

The Hobbit (part 2)

3/10

Instantly forgetable, so much so that I should have listened to my son who said I had already seen it, he was correct but I had forgotten it.