Hearts "Fans bar" ( merged )

7628mm

Scnorthedinburgh

None game not on the tv due to technical reasons. Might have been fixed after ko but most left to watch in a pub.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• davemclaren

• Fxxx the SPFL

• ...a bit disco

28 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

None game not on the tv due to technical reasons. Might have been fixed after ko but most left to watch in a pub.

Apparently because the club forgot to renew their BT Sports subscription?!

If true, things are really sloppy 

37 minutes ago, kila said:

I turned up and we got no explanation.

People seemed unable to operate the remote to see if the channel was there.  Clue - you won't find it in Music TV category.

Left 5 mins into game for Tynie Arms.

MacDonald Jardine
49 minutes ago, kila said:

Uh huh.

Still all is great under Budge eh?

sidjamesbottle
17 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Uh huh.

17 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Uh huh.

was in there at 2 what a farce seating arranged by a fourth year schoolie high stools behind high stools so you cant see and the icing on the cake no bt sports watched it in the tynie wont be back !

:berra:

Was contemplating going - glad I didn't. 

WTF is going on with the backroom staff /admin these days? 

AngleParkMenace

Club will have lost a fortune over this. Could have paid off some of the inevitable fine for the admin error

MacDonald Jardine
55 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

was in there at 2 what a farce seating arranged by a fourth year schoolie high stools behind high stools so you cant see and the icing on the cake no bt sports watched it in the tynie wont be back !

That's terrible. 

sidjamesbottle
28 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

That's terrible. 

its quite obvious to anyone that you need low level seating in front of the screens/tv ie settees and stools behind so everyone can see the action ,how someone hasn't worked that out is staggering 

sidjamesbottle
4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Ffs. 

having a screen next to a window with the sun streaming in with no blinds wasn't the best either mind you if you cant get the channel what does it matter !

2 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

having a screen next to a window with the sun streaming in with no blinds wasn't the best either mind you if you cant get the channel what does it matter !

Lets hope this whole experience doesn’t stop supporters going again and concentrate on the positive that there’s actually a fans bar now though.  I’m sure the club has BT sport, matches are on in the concourse during live games? 

sidjamesbottle
2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Lets hope this whole experience doesn’t stop supporters going again and concentrate on the positive that there’s actually a fans bar now though.  I’m sure the club has BT sport, matches are on in the concourse during live games? 

yeh agree they have a lot to learn though,i spent about £50 odd quid in the tynie today that could have been behind the bar for the club, they really need to get some proper advice

Just now, sidjamesbottle said:

yeh agree they have a lot to learn though,i spent about £50 odd quid in the tynie today that could have been behind the bar for the club, they really need to get some proper advice

Definitely.  ?

been here before
3 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

U OK Hun?

#staystrong

FFS were the seats fixed ? every pub I've been in it's every man for themself and seats get moved around by punters to suit.

Although can't defend the lack of BT if that's the case :laugh:

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

U OK Hun?

#staystrong

Mock the guy all you want, but we advertised a match which was on a channel we didn't even have. The place was heaving. It was a total shambles. 

Edited by stotty

been here before
9 minutes ago, stotty said:

Mock the guy all you want, but we advertised a match which was on a channel we didn't even have. The place was heaving. It was a total shambles. 

Except he's greeting about the way the seats were laid out.

The fact there was no BT sports was a secondary cinsideration, simply the "icing in the cake".

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Except he's greeting about the way the seats were laid out.

The fact there was no BT sports was a secondary cinsideration, simply the "icing in the cake".

Tbf if tall barstools are the 1st seats in front of the tv then that’s not ideal. Bit of a mess the last few days at Tynecastle ?

6 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Uh huh.

Fact we even have a bar in the ground is something I never thought I would see 

I think the club got this one exactly right.  Completely unfair to subject the public to an early season Hearts game.

Could have damaged children for life.

jamtartan74
40 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Where was this advertised as open? Or is it open every day now?

Ta.

On Twitter, possibly other social media, it was posted on here. 

5 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Tbf if tall barstools are the 1st seats in front of the tv then that’s not ideal. Bit of a mess the last few days at Tynecastle ?

There were smaller chairs and tables at the front with bar stools and taller tables behind.

2 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Here is the Facebook text:

Not heading to Methil for Saturday's Betfred Cup showdown with Raith Rovers? Then head along to the Fans' Bar at Tynecastle Park and catch the action live on the big screen at 3pm ?⚽

After the match, make your way into the Gorgie Suite and enjoy Bryan Jackson's show, The Pieman Cometh! ?

?️ www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/Events
 ? www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6802

sidjamesbottle
9 hours ago, been here before said:

U OK Hun?

#staystrong

extremely strong hun no worries on that front, but if you take your kids in to watch their team and the only seating is high bar stools as soon as someone sits in front of them they cant see no matter the shuffling about you do with the seats, all i said was more thought could have been put into the seating, i was only annoyed because i wanted it to be a success

bilstonjambo

The game was eventually put on the TVs about 25 mins into the first half, so the club do have BT, like someone said earlier there was some technical difficulties getting all the tv’s switched over to BT as the the sky connection seems to be centrally controlled somewhere.

that doesn’t excuse the fact that all this should have been organised before opening time not at kick off time.

the moans regarding the seating are incredible, like another poster has said there was no problem with the seating and no moans about the seating during the World Cup, I’ve been in the bar a few times now and think it’s a good we bar, the staff are really good and really welcoming.

hopefully this small blip doesn’t put people off, but moaners are gonna moan.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Is it not about time the "Fans' Bar" had its own name?

The Jolly Jambo, perhaps .

Or, if we are going to have more complaints like yesterday, The Arseholes Arms.

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, bilstonjambo said:

The game was eventually put on the TVs about 25 mins into the first half, so the club do have BT, like someone said earlier there was some technical difficulties getting all the tv’s switched over to BT as the the sky connection seems to be centrally controlled somewhere.

that doesn’t excuse the fact that all this should have been organised before opening time not at kick off time.

the moans regarding the seating are incredible, like another poster has said there was no problem with the seating and no moans about the seating during the World Cup, I’ve been in the bar a few times now and think it’s a good we bar, the staff are really good and really welcoming.

Glad they got it sorted. Sure it will be a blip they’ll learn from. Been in the bar twice now and enjoyed both occasions.

sidjamesbottle
41 minutes ago, bilstonjambo said:

not normally a moaner mate think i was a bit p**ed off when i posted last night due to the BT not working the poor performance and the perfectly good goal chopped off will give it another go and agree the staff are really good

Designated holder of the remote should be sacked or publically flogged or something. 

sidjamesbottle
3 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Designated holder of the remote should be sacked or publically flogged or something. 

just not live on BT though !

the general
16 hours ago, kila said:

Edited by the general

1 hour ago, bilstonjambo said:

They were controlling all the TVs with the Sky Remote.

Someone had a remote and didn't seem to be able to use the Sky TV guide to navigate to the sport category.  First they went up to the music channels then stopped before somehow switching to the base BBC and ITV channels and giving up.  This went on for 15 minutes so we left.

I just don't get how they started on Sky Sports and couldn't find BT Sports, which must have been a few channels away.

32 minutes ago, Uncle Mulk said:

At least it's operational (of sorts) now, after the club forgot to get the license for the opening.

Apart from the fact I didn't get to see the game there, I was quite impressed with the place... Quite a nice wee space and really good price for a pint of moretti. Would definitely go back and would imagine it'll be really popular for watching away matches. 

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They were controlling all the TVs with the Sky Remote.

Someone had a remote and didn't seem to be able to use the Sky TV guide to navigate to the sport category.  First they went up to the music channels then stopped before somehow switching to the base BBC and ITV channels and giving up.  This went on for 15 minutes so we left.

I just don't get how they started on Sky Sports and couldn't find BT Sports, which must have been a few channels away.

Someone should have grabbed the remote. ?

Wasn't a case of the bar never having had BT Sport as they had that on after the Celtic 3-1 game at the end of the season.

So either they forgot the subscription or some folk are incapable of changing the Sky box to channel 413! Either way, poor effort.

highlandjambo3

Sounds like the “key” person may have just have had a day off or called in sick.........many hospitality places have lots of staff with one (or two) main movers & shakers, everyone else are just generally staff who are their to help but, may never have stepped up to the plate before.  Often the other staff will not take responsibility for fear of making an arse of it.  Won’t happen to often am sure

Heartsofgold
17 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Uh huh.

Better than your lot at iboke that’s for sure. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Sounds like the “key” person may have just have had a day off or called in sick.........many hospitality places have lots of staff with one (or two) main movers & shakers, everyone else are just generally staff who are their to help but, may never have stepped up to the plate before.  Often the other staff will not take responsibility for fear of making an arse of it.  Won’t happen to often am sure

Indeed. More tv training required for the temp staff. ?

9 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

Here is the Facebook text:

Not heading to Methil for Saturday's Betfred Cup showdown with Raith Rovers? Then head along to the Fans' Bar at Tynecastle Park and catch the action live on the big screen at 3pm ?⚽

After the match, make your way into the Gorgie Suite and enjoy Bryan Jackson's show, The Pieman Cometh! ?

?️ www.eticketing.co.uk/heartofmidlothian/Events
 ? www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6802

Cheers folks. Hoping it's open pre-match Tuesday too :thumbsup:

As others have said, was a shambles yesterday.

Arrived about 2:45 and place was heaving. Had family over from Ireland so decided there should have been decent atmosphere and beer money would be going to club. Bar was 2 deep before kick off so loads of money lost out on.

They were showing greatest premiership goals and few folk were asking about when the TVs would get switched for build up - “All under control from the management” they were told.

As it approached kick off, was clear something wasn’t right. It appears the boxes are in another location and believe BT may have switched channel number on sky (867 now) so guy with remotes and boxes couldn't see the screen and bar staff were trying to direct him over the phone. Punters were telling staff number has changed but nobody was listening.....

As the minutes past, droves started to leave, game never got put on till 25 mins on the clock.

Had 15 mins of Sleepless in Seattle blaring on speakers and all the screens!! Couldn’t make it up.

Got fixed by guy arriving with remotes and just changing channel on TVs so who knows why the staff can’t be trained or trusted to do this themselves in future... unless the are worried someone will put Babestation on.....

Loads of cash lost and hopefully not lost punters for good. Only a handful there by kick off so was easy to get served at bar! Small wins! Apart from Raith/Hibs fan enjoying the poor performance.....