Connor Randall signs for Hearts

Chaps

Not overly enthused by the prospect of yet another loan signing. It's all gone quiet on the hunt for a goalkeeper and some quality in midfield. Beginning to wonder where they are looking. Mediocre loans have a habit of just being mediocre and little else.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any relation to Rosie and Amanda?

Take it Hopkirk is deceased?

:lol:

Can he play in goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, when I saw the name I thought it was West Ham's goalie that used to play for Motherwell. I knew you'd signed Hart and Antonio (?) is there but alas, it's bloody Randolph!!!

loveofthegame

Not a natural centre midfielder, not thought of highly at all by the Liverpool support.

This one is MEH at the very best.

Wonder if the Liverpool fans call him Hopkirk, just pops up, out of nowhere.

Can you hear me, Jeff.....................................Jeff,

When he does pop up he plays awhite  #oldie

He's dead to me

He's not going to be awful if he's made it all the way through Liverpool's academy.

michael ngoo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

loveofthegame

michael ngoo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And there ends that argument with those two words....

Cool.

Did you see him playing for Liverpool first team or U21s?

Can he play in goals..?

rick witter

Fair enough the boy can play midfield but we need proven experience in the middle of the park look at the difference in the players Aberdeen are targeting and have signed compared to the guys we are trying to get in. Get some money spent on experienced British/Scottish style players. We have been crying out for it for over a year!!!!

This guy will be another Choulay or Ngoo or Mcallum.

Fair enough the boy can play midfield but we need proven experience in the middle of the park look at the difference in the players Aberdeen are targeting and have signed compared to the guys we are trying to get in. Get some money spent on experienced British/Scottish style players. We have been crying out for it for over a year!!!!

This guy will be another Choulay or Ngoo or Mcallum.

Do you think this is likely whilst we build the new stand?

Really beginning to lose faith in our current set up.

Who does our scouting, where are they looking.

It feels like ages since we made a signing and there are no rumours at all, considering we need a GK and midfielder asap.

WTF are we looking at this guy for?

It feels like ages since we made a signing and there are no rumours at all, considering we need a GK and midfielder asap.

You not rate Berra and Lafferty?

Ibrahim Tall

Not sure how a defender that's 'able to play in midfield' helps solve our midfield problems tbh.

Our problems aren't in breaking up the play etc it's having zero pace, drive or creativity. We don't need another Kitchen, Cowie, Nowak, Grzelak or even Martin.

Gordon Ramsay

We need a dynamic midfield player who can control a game not some right back whose filled in a couple of times in midfield.

Odd move.

Deansmith86

we need midfielders badly and a winger and keeper,instead going for a young right back. team is lacking a box to box player and another who will sit and break play up,

Gigolo-Aunt

Can only assume that Smith is going out on loan and this is a player who can fill in a few positions as a back up.  Don't think he is going to make the grade at Liverpool so would not expect them to be too fussy if he is getting game time every week with us.

Would be a bit of a disaster I think if he is being signed to solve midfield issues - don't think the club would be that daft though.

Gene Parmesan

By all accounts this guy is horrendous :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seen him play a lot. Is he Tom Kite then?

Seymour M Hersh

We have Brandon. It makes zero, absolutely zero, sense to let Liam Smith go only to bring in some Liverpool guy to sit on the bench. That is not where our attention should be focussed.

I'm not passing judgement one way or another just pointing out a possible reason (if it's true).  Although if you step back and think for a minute it might make sense. Liam goes to St Mirren and get's loads of good experience and we have relatively decent cover for Smith (Brandon needs brought along slowly imo). Just a thought though.

You not rate Berra and Lafferty?

Do you not think that we need a lot more than just those 2?

This lad is a right back and could only play midfield in emergencies.

We need a keeper, an attacking midfielder and a winger. What is Levein and Cathro playing at.

rick witter

Do you think this is likely whilst we build the new stand?

Why not??

The building of the new stand should not be at a compromise of the team on the pitch. We signed 9 players in January when we knew we were building a new stand.

The money is there for players and we need them in now. If we start the league campaign with our current goalkeeper and midfield then we are a bottom six side.

Really don't understand this one, there are much more pressing issues in the squad than this. Smith is just in the door with us having Brandon ready for the step up to understudy, looks a good prospect from the limited chances he's had in my opinion so why this loan deal? Money we could/should be putting towards a goalkeeper, central midfielder and a genuine wide player.

Seymour M Hersh

Why do people think just because of this rumour the club has decided to pass on a GK and MF?  Bizarre chat folks.

people do know that we can be talking to more than one club/player at a time right?  just because its not being reported doesn't mean we arent in talks with a keeper and a midfielder too, Cathro has already confirmed we want players in those positions

Harry Potter

Don't get this one. He's fairly poor. Other areas of the squad need addressed

Attached to Liverpool and hes poor, dont get it.

Why do people think just because of this rumour the club has decided to pass on a GK and MF? Bizarre chat folks.

Not what I am personally suggesting, just rather we spent the wage areas we are clearly lacking in before bringing in players we don't particularly need.

Lucille's Thirsty

By all accounts this guy is horrendous :lol:

I watch a lot of Liverpool and if I'm honest Liverpool can't find a club interested in signing him that's why he's still on the books.

Nothing against this lad at all and he might be a super player in the making but it's simply not good enough in my view to be signing young guys on loan in the hope that they come up and immediately produce in our first team. We have tried it with the likes of Ngoo in the past with very limited success. It smacks of being ill prepared and not having better options. We need ready to play first team starters to improve. Fine if he's one of a number of further additions but totally underwhelming if seen as the answer to some of the major issues.

Seymour M Hersh

Not what I am personally suggesting, just rather we spent the wage areas we are clearly lacking in before bringing in players we don't particularly need.

We may only be paying a small % of his wages.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He played in the 6 1 win at St Mary's. Won most of his first team appearances.

He might be shit but appears to be a lucky shit

Tynecastlesmychurch

As has been said above we need a keeper another central midfielder and another winger. If the club don't have to contribute much in the way of his wages then fair enough. He can provide cover and depth. But other than that I really don't see the point in this?

Also got a mate who is a knowledgeable Liverpool fan, and he's told me he's never been impressed by him. He's not awful but has no outstanding attributes. Heavily built so appears slow. Very much a strange looking target to me with Michael Smith, Brandon and Liam Smith all vying for right back. We need pace in our team and this guy doesn't appear to have it. Uninspiring to say the least.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What a Liverpool fan would be impressed with.

Different to a Hearts fan. Right?

Why do people think just because of this rumour the club has decided to pass on a GK and MF? Bizarre chat folks.

Some of the reactions on this thread are ridiculous, which says a lot given the state of this place over the last few months.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Why, why, why haven't we looked at the problem in midfield yet!?

More seriously, a problem we had last season, and which appears to have shown up again, is the inability of the defence/goalkeeper to deal with crosses into the box.

Just been in the pub with 3 Liverpool supportering mates. They reckon he's good and would do well up in Scotland.

Caveat, they live in Yorkshire and hardly ever go to Anfield. I'll take their notes with a pinch of salt.

rick witter

More seriously, a problem we had last season, and which appears to have shown up again, is the inability of the defence/goalkeeper to deal with crosses into the box.

It is a definate problem for Hearts. Decent crosses and corners into the Hearts box often result in goals for the other team. We must have lost a lot of goals from headers last season and it doesn't seem to have changed much even though Berra is back in there.

Lucille's Thirsty

He played in the 6 1 win at St Mary's. Won most of his first team appearances.

He might be shit but appears to be a lucky shit

That's what happens when you have a great manager.

Imagine him under Cathro.

:lol:

Escobar PHM

Why do people think just because of this rumour the club has decided to pass on a GK and MF?  Bizarre chat folks.

I can see their point if I'm honest. The coaching staff and the DOF have known since.....lets be generous and say March 2017 that we had clear problems in midfield. Problems with width pace and creativity. Thats 4 months ago we knew and yet here we are, in the League cup against minor opposition (being generous again), 1 week from our first league match in what is a difficult start to the league season and we're struggling due to lack of width, pace and creativity in the middle of the park and we've lost pretty badly to a side that shouldn't have been able to live with us.

This should have been sorted long before our first competitive match. I can see how it would irk people when there isn't a sniff of a midfield signing and here we are rumoured to be interested in a position we have at least 3 player cover for already.

I imagine even if we do fix it now, good folks like yourself will be excusing poor performances for the next 6 weeks as the new guys 'haven't settled yet' or 'didnae dae a full pre-season'

We have improved things up front and in defence. But its like having 3 holes in your roof and only fixing 2 of them. 

Archived