The Maroon Unit

tian447

No, not a thread about an infected gentleman's area.

Please tell me someone else has seen this:

ifzz1g.jpg

The Fist of Gorgie won't be happy :lol:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

Reeks! No doubt utterly embarrassed by the fact they get ripped to shreds for their own effort so thought they'd try deflect.

Sounds like a good idea. The last one would have been fine too, if they had just been strong enough to tell the racist and sectarian arseholes to gtf. Hope it's a success.

Bazzas right boot

Good idea if done right.

Terrible idea if done wrong.

Let's see what happens.

...a bit disco

Was with them until they used the term 'Ultras'.

Tynecastle could do with something to ignite a bit of an atmosphere that's for sure.

Unfortunately the place is full of fans like the op who'd rather poopoo the idea before it's even started and are quite happy sitting on their hands, unless they're unwrapping their sweeties.

rudi must stay

Tynecastle could do with something to ignite a bit of an atmosphere that's for sure.

Unfortunately the place is full of fans like the op who'd rather poopoo the idea before it's even started and are quite happy sitting on their hands, unless they're unwrapping their sweeties.

To get a better atmosphere we need a better team, Tynecastle has always been that sort of stadium. Nothing wrong with that

Maybe the team could ignite an atmosphere now and again. You cant expect the fans do it week in week out when we are watching drivel most weeks. 

Why don't the choirboys just go somewhere else and join a choir?  Hasn't Tynie just been voted the ground with the best atmosphere so why do we need singing?

And how is Collum supposed to hear me describing his character and performance when people are singing?

Agree.

jamboinglasgow

Sounds like a good idea. The last one would have been fine too, if they had just been strong enough to tell the racist and sectarian arseholes to gtf. Hope it's a success.

Agree with this. I welcome a ultra section. The last lot were just idiots who thought they could do and say what they wanted. When the club quite rightly punished them after giving them a chance they threw the toys out of the pram blaming Ann Budge and the other fans.

Maybe the team could ignite an atmosphere now and again. You cant expect the fans do it week in week out when we are watching drivel most weeks.

Maybe the supporters could ignite some atmosphere now and again and give the team some encouragement. Instead of being proper plonkers.

I've heard a few managers stating publicly how important it is and how beneficial it can be for the players on the pitch when the fans in the stands do their bit. Mourinho, Conte and Klopp to name just a few.

Klopp especially has reinforced it on a few occasions, probably because compared to Dortmund, Anfield is like a library at times. Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, The Emirates, all these stadiums have ten's of thousands of spectators and most of the time you can hear the players shouts. Maybe it's just typical of the British football fan to sit on their hands and wait to be entertained?

Maybe we're above this sort of thing?

Anyone who thinks there's no problem with the atmosphere at Tynecastle over the past 3 seasons hasn't been.

Choir boys! :rofl:

I've heard a few managers stating publicly how important it is and how beneficial it can be for the players on the pitch when the fans in the stands do their bit. Mourinho, Conte and Klopp to name just a few.

Klopp especially has reinforced it on a few occasions, probably because compared to Dortmund, Anfield is like a library at times. Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, The Emirates, all these stadiums have ten's of thousands of spectators and most of the time you can hear the players shouts. Maybe it's just typical of the British football fan to sit on their hands and wait to be entertained?

Maybe we're above this sort of thing?

Anyone who thinks there's no problem with the atmosphere at Tynecastle over the past 3 seasons hasn't been.

Choir boys! :rofl:

Great post , the only atmosphere and encouragement I hear these days are from the opposition .

No, not a thread about an infected gentleman's area.

Please tell me someone else has seen this:ifzz1g.jpg

The Fist of Gorgie won't be happy :lol:

Is that what you call an " infected gentlemans area "

A wee bit stupid to say the least.

Is that what you call an " infected gentlemans area "

A wee bit stupid to say the least.

And aye everybody has seen it .... yawn.

Good on anyone who tries to inject some life and atmosphere at the games . Whilst i do not get the whole ultra thing , I am not a teenager and was lucky enough to the have the shed in my days !

The atmosphere has been shocking the past few seasons. The stadium needs a designated singing section to try and generate some songs.

The loudest we've been all season is booing the players off at halftime drawing with Aberdeen :lol:

Good on them! But I feel, as mentioned before, it will be hijacked by people with agendas, the sweaty, balding Guys with beer guts that should know better will be 'role models' for the young yins.

Good idea , we certainly need someone / bodies to get things going on the this is tynecastle let's make some noise front ..

No sure about the name thou , how about the maroon platoon..

Seems the person. setting it up is not running the Facebook page, since the page says it is a fan request and that any questions will be passed to him.

So without knowing anything about the person, then I am out.

Jambof3tornado

Zeefuik.......now he was a maroon unit.

If this is the same people as before its destined for failure because of their behaviour and attitude shown towards the rest of the fans.

fabienleclerq

On the face of it a good idea as we seem to be behind the times a bit. The last lot ruined it for themselves but Tynecastle badly needs a group to start the singing. People saying the players need to lift it missed the mass booing when 4-0 up and scott Robinson misplaced a pass! The fans are so much more negative theses days.

The last lot were actually met with a fair amount of encouragement initially. Then when the social media screenshots of some of the members of the group started to materialise, other fans and the club itself very quickly went off them. Pretty sure every single Hearts supporter would like to see a bit more singing and chanting, but the racist and sectarian stuff will always result in the same response from the wider support. Hopefully this is different and not just history repeating itself.

If they keep their antics within the boundaries then great. The young ones last season helped the atmosphere until they started fannying around.

Son Of Anarchy

Depends on who is "him?" Plane hiring trumpet then naw. Just ultras/young team/singing section with no ulterior motive, yes.

To get a better atmosphere we need a better team, Tynecastle has always been that sort of stadium. Nothing wrong with that

Everything is wrong with that, this excuse is a fat load of shite.

No issue with singing, or a singing section to up the atmosphere.

The use of the term ultras though :facepalm:

...a bit disco

'"If we play enthusiastic football the fans come to the pitch and play with us. When we don't play with great intensity it is normal that the fans are not so vocal."'

Jose Mourinho talking about the upcoming game v Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38578534

August Landmesser

Good idea , we certainly need someone / bodies to get things going on the this is tynecastle let's make some noise front ..

No sure about the name thou , how about the maroon platoon..

I missed this when posting. Credit where it's due :D

'Rapscallion Battalion' anybody?

Good idea if done right.

Terrible idea if done wrong.

Let's see what happens.

Very much this.  Good luck to them

Anyone trying to improve atmosphere, especially at home gets my vote.

However you just know it'll be the usual suspects as 'members' of this group. So it's doomed for failure before it gets off the ground.

I doubt they will get backing from Budge this time after the last group of arseholes let her down.

Personally, I can't stand 90 mins of someone banging on a drum, and it kills any chance of another, more organic song being started. But that's just me.

I understand the atmosphere has been flat at times, but that's because the football has been flat for much of the last two years, decent results aside.

For me, 'atmosphere' is more than just singing, although I love to hear and take part in singing; the Hearts Song, Europe Song, Since I was Young etc etc. Yet atmosphere is also about roaring on the team, hounding the opposition, and staying positive throughout the match. Not every wants to sing, but everyone should roar on the team.

I keep saying this on other threads, but I strongly believe that in a year from now we'll be a good team. And in two years from now, we'll be a great team. We've occasionally been good since gaining promotion, but over all, we've not been great. But when Hearts are really flying in a year or so, the atmosphere will take care of itself.

Malcolm Tucker

I liked the name Section H Young Team, or 'SHYT' for short.

If lads want to start a singing section, they just need to do the opposite of what the SHYT did.

As an aside, when the new stand is built, I'd like the Gorgie Stand to become our main atmospheric stand. Get the families in the new stand, combine N & G in the Gorgie. Ideal place for folk who want flag displays, drums, banners etc. Think like a tiny version of the Yellow Wall, but it's maroon. And it's in Gorgie instead of Dortmund.

Personally, I can't stand 90 mins of someone banging on a drum, and it kills any chance of another, more organic song being started. But that's just me.

I understand the atmosphere has been flat at times, but that's because the football has been flat for much of the last two years, decent results aside.

For me, 'atmosphere' is more than just singing, although I love to hear and take part in singing; the Hearts Song, Europe Song, Since I was Young etc etc. Yet atmosphere is also about roaring on the team, hounding the opposition, and staying positive throughout the match. Not every wants to sing, but everyone should roar on the team.

I keep saying this on other threads, but I strongly believe that in a year from now we'll be a good team. And in two years from now, we'll be a great team. We've occasionally been good since gaining promotion, but over all, we've not been great. But when Hearts are really flying in a year or so, the atmosphere will take care of itself.

This is the key.  It's great when the team is playing well and the singing is spontaneous but to go preplanned to sing is simply artificial.

Archived