New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Meeting tomorrow to decide whether Killie game goes ahead at Tynecastle.

Edited by 8skacel8

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Just been mate

it is awesome and really don’t get why people have any complaints

photos, although welcomed, really don’t t do it justice

it is so imposing when you think what was there before 

workmen hard at this morning too

looking forward to the plot ceremony today and a look at the inside 

Try get some good photis mate

Everyone seems to have missed one of the most important thing in the statement this week. It's all down to the turnstiles at the end of the day. You can have all the seats and toilets ready to go and the safety certificate in place but if the turnstile operating system and software isn't working there is no way they can open the stand. And as anyone who has had any dealings with IT systems can tell you these things need time and testing to clear any potential glitches. Imagine the scenes if the system crashed with thousands trying to get into the stand for the match. 

The press would have a field day.

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Everyone seems to have missed one of the most important thing in the statement this week. It's all down to the turnstiles at the end of the day. You can have all the seats and toilets ready to go and the safety certificate in place but if the turnstile operating system and software isn't working there is no way they can open the stand. And as anyone who has had any dealings with IT systems can tell you these things need time and testing to clear any potential glitches. Imagine the scenes if the system crashed with thousands trying to get into the stand for the match. 

Not been tested yet but there is only temporary electric supply in the whole building,so it's not only turnstiles that need to be tested.

3 minutes ago, obua said:

Not been tested yet but there is only temporary electric supply in the whole building,so it's not only turnstiles that need to be tested.

I understand that, but my point was that even if the council grant the certificate and emergency lighting etc is all good we totally depend on the company doing the turnstiles. We also need the public to understand that the stand, while ready to be used, will doubtless have an extensive snagging list so don't expect perfect finish etc. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I understand that, but my point was that even if the council grant the certificate and emergency lighting etc is all good we totally depend on the company doing the turnstiles. We also need the public to understand that the stand, while ready to be used, will doubtless have an extensive snagging list so don't expect perfect finish etc. 

You really have no idea how unfinished it will be never mind snagging.

Footballfirst

There are only 9 rows of seats installed in each of the front sections, so far,  instead of the 10 expected from the plans.

The configuration of the seats around the tunnel and dug outs also mean that some seats have been lost from the total capacity when compared to the original plans.

Edited by Footballfirst

8 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

For anyone at today's plot ceremony, were any hints given as to how hopeful the club is of having the stand open on 5 November? 

Decision being made tomorrow.  There are workers on site today, but most of them were just sitting watching us on the pitch.  Murrayfield on the 5th would be a safe bet.

Ricardo Shillyshally
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

3AFE76B4-EFDB-4CF4-8000-4B30CC768921.jpeg

32D18DB9-3FCB-4838-9113-BE466D3AABC5.jpeg

What's the story with the Heart? Looks like there are maroon seats where there should be grey ones

9 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Decision being made tomorrow.  There are workers on site today, but most of them were just sitting watching us on the pitch.  Murrayfield on the 5th would be a safe bet.

I know where my money is going

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Thanks for the reply although it doesn't sound promising. I know there are a lot of posters saying that a further delay doesn't matter and I agree that long term getting it right is the critical thing but the new stand looks fantastic and I'm desperate to get back to Tynecastle as soon as possible to experience it.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

What's the story with the Heart? Looks like there are maroon seats where there should be grey ones

I explained previously,the seats will be swapped when the coloured ones are found

Ricardo Shillyshally
7 minutes ago, obua said:

I explained previously,the seats will be swapped when the coloured ones are found

Thanks. 

I tend to skim over the pish on here and just look at the photo's. Unfortunately that's means I also miss the good posts sometimes too.

4 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I'm guessing that you're no longer in the same camp as Selkirk.

I never was to be honest I'm being realistic,not saying I'm right.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Thanks. 

I tend to skim over the pish on here and just look at the photo's. Unfortunately that's means I also miss the good posts sometimes too.

Lots of boxes to be opened,it's like Christmas every day.

7 minutes ago, obua said:

Have we tried looking down the back of the couch.

24 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Based on what?

38 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

For anyone at today's plot ceremony, were any hints given as to how hopeful the club is of having the stand open on 5 November? 

Heard yesterday that plans are in place for Murrayfield all the way up to the Celtic game. This person did not say that meant we would need Murrayfield just that contingency plans have been put in place up until that game should Murrayfield be needed. They thought the Killie game was a certainty.

I just hope that if there is to be a further delay that we give ourselves enough time to have it finished/ready even if that means not moving until January or home derby.

Also said that a delegation from SFA will be in attendance next week to see what Murrayfield has to offer with the lease of Hampden up in a couple of years.

Edited by Gambo

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Heard yesterday that plans are in place for Murrayfield all the way up to the Celtic game. This person did not say that meant we would need Murrayfield just that contingency plans have been put in place up until that game should Murrayfield be needed. They thought the Killie game was a certainty.

I just hope that if there is to be a further delay that we give ourselves enough time to have it finished/ready even if that means not moving until January or home derby.

Also said that a delegation from SFA will be in attendance next week to see what Murrayfield has to offer with the lease of Hampden up in a couple of years.

It would need to go serious pear shaped not to be ready for Nov 19.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Making Murrayfield the national football stadium would be an excellent development.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Not moving till January would absolutely crucify us financially, the fact Killie game is 50/50 leads me to think Partick will be achievable quite comfortably. That's the most likely outcome i would think . 

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Could we not just enter via the Georgie road end and walk round if the main stand turnstiles weren't working?

3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Making Murrayfield the national football stadium would be an excellent development.

Would be great for most us Jambos but unfortunately it's just a negotiating tactic and there's no chance we'll leave Hampden.

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not moving till January would absolutely crucify us financially, the fact Killie game is 50/50 leads me to think Partick will be achievable quite comfortably. That's the most likely outcome i would think . 

Not with a possible 30k+ game against both Hibs and Celtic to sweeten the pill.

Don't think Hearts would be responsible for extra construction costs if there is a delay.

6 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Could we not just enter via the Georgie road end and walk round if the main stand turnstiles weren't working?

I think turnstiles for all stands are to be fully automated.

6 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Youd have to start queuing about two hours before kick off as those turnstiles service about half of the people that sit in the Wheatfield as well. 

Mr Brightside
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think turnstiles for all stands are to be fully automated.

Good point hadn't thought of that.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Youd have to start queuing about two hours before kick off as those turnstiles service about half of the people that sit in the Wheatfield as well. 

Don't think that would be a showstopper if enough notice given people could plan ahead. Although if the entire stadium is having automated turnstiles then that won't be an option.

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't think Hearts would be responsible for extra construction costs if there is a delay.

Yeah there is that senario LD , those games would certainly cushion the blow of the  other homes games that  would attract circa 18k , they would def be loss makers . 

Think we will be in for the Partick game though myself . 

9 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would be great for most us Jambos but unfortunately it's just a negotiating tactic and there's no chance we'll leave Hampden.

You're probably right, but I was thinking more of it being of benefit to the East in general, rather just Hearts fans. As a city, Glasgow gets too much attention from the football world. 

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts will be responsible for all construction costs apart from pending court case.

From what was said today it sounds like we won’t be playing there on the 5th, chatting to CL on the pitch and he was concerned about playing at MF the day after a rugby match. 

Progress meeting tomorrow and announcement afterwards. 

It really is awesome standing on the pitch and looking at it. 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Yeah there is that senario LD , those games would certainly cushion the blow of the  other homes games that  would attract circa 18k , they would def be loss makers . 

Think we will be in for the Partick game though myself . 

I think so too. Killie game maybe just too soon.

Can you imagine the seethe if the Killie game gets the go ahead then has to be cancelled at the last minute.

The fine from the SPFL/GFA would be enormous.

2 minutes ago, obua said:

Hearts will be responsible for all construction costs apart from pending court case.

Seems a bit unfair but what's the court case ?

3 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Hard to find new angles that haven't been taken from the outside, but anyway, here's a couple of familiar views taken this afternoon.

11_original.jpg?v25752228868051

12_original.jpg?v25752228868051

Fantastic

Will look different at the Roseburn end once the maroon cladding goes on

Why would the turnstyle operating system and software Not work that does not make sense,it's  not new technology been around for decades and when fitted would have been tested.Also each turnstyle would be stand alone and not linked together nah don't think so.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Fantastic

They will be able to get the cladding done now to and finish the roof assuming the weather holds for them.

Board are meeting tomorrow to talk about the weekend progress and decide if they are on track for the 5th. So I would think Ann will be making a statement this week if there is a delay

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Why would the turnstyle operating system and software Not work that does not make sense,it's  not new technology been around for decades and when fitted would have been tested.Also each turnstyle would be stand alone and not linked together nah don't think so.

Because in the real world stuff doesn’t always work straight out the box. Even if it does it will need reliability tested. Also the turnstiles will be linked somehow I’d imagine or there would be nothing to stop people scanning their tickets and passing them back to someone to use at a different gate so there will (should) Ben data links in place. 

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Board are meeting tomorrow to talk about the weekend progress and decide if they are on track for the 5th. So I would think Ann will be making a statement this week if there is a delay

Nap statement tomorrow,delayed 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Fantastic

Does anyone know why that steel beam is across on the end section about half way up in the first picture above.

Is there going to be some sort of access there not for the general public but maybe for machinery going in or out?