The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Toxteth O'Grady

Mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand, I'd like nothing more than to watch them self-destruct for a second time. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

But at the same time, I'd love to watch us win the league on merit and was looking forward to battling our way to the title*

* I realise this may be slightly presumtuous given nothing's actually happened yet!

I'm with you, lets not slip up and win anyway. We can do it.

jamboinglasgow

things are picking up pace now, a call for share issue to pay of short term creditors warning that if they dont get a good response then club is in serious trouble, a major source of potential revenue (stadium sponsorship) was sold 2 years before for a quid which they cant rip up, their shop has been taking over by sports direct (which Ashley says is protecting his commercial interests, so in the event of admin he keeps this, signs of a man expecting trouble ahead.) Now half of their money is ring fenced for an undetermined time. Its starting to snowball for the club.

One thing that made me wonder, Wallace says that they are in a much better state then in February from changes made, but what have they changed? They got rid of a couple of players which should have saved money but replaced them with Boyd, Miller and Zal who would all demand big wages. So questionable whether they have saved anything on playing staff. They dont appear to be ending the culture of bonuses for the board, they certainly still Ally on a huge wage. They have also lost 15,000 season ticket holders from last season, so how on earth are they in a much better position from February.

Toxteth O'Grady

I'm with you, lets not slip up and win anyway. We can do it. We have already beat them and Hibs and Falkirk. We are the team THEY should worry about.

things are picking up pace now, a call for share issue to pay of short term creditors warning that if they dont get a good response then club is in serious trouble, a major source of potential revenue (stadium sponsorship) was sold 2 years before for a quid which they cant rip up, their shop has been taking over by sports direct (which Ashley says is protecting his commercial interests, so in the event of admin he keeps this, signs of a man expecting trouble ahead.) Now half of their money is ring fenced for an undetermined time. Its starting to snowball for the club.

One thing that made me wonder, Wallace says that they are in a much better state then in February from changes made, but what have they changed? They got rid of a couple of players which should have saved money but replaced them with Boyd, Miller and Zal who would all demand big wages. So questionable whether they have saved anything on playing staff. They dont appear to be ending the culture of bonuses for the board, they certainly still Ally on a huge wage. They have also lost 15,000 season ticket holders from last season, so how on earth are they in a much better position from February.

And Wallace in line for his ?300,000 bonus :smile:

i wish jj was my dad

but, but they have a zillion fans and Boydy and Kenny will piss over all us mortals!

How do our resident Huns like em apples/

...a bit disco

I'm looking forward to 3rd Rangers. The use of the word Third is loaded with nostalgia.

Kind of ironic as well.

:D

...a bit disco

That's because Ashley bought the rights for a pound.

It's funny because it is probably true!

:D

If they can't pay next months wages I assume there will be an ironic fine for "not acting in utmost good faith"? Apart from against Livingston (?) it's been a while since they've dusted that one off the shelf.

I think it is all a con, and the guy who won the court case is part and parcel of the con.

Acting under orders to get his cut when it all goes t*ts up.

I have to agree with you. Green got investers together who I think he owed some favours to and the others he got were promised doubling / tripling there money, especially Ashley .

Hey sorry in advance. What have I missed as just back from a concert in Glasgow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some jakeys squatting in a property in Govan have been caught rigging the leccy supply.

Bailiffs on their way to evict them.

dutchjambo1874

Personally cannot wait to watch them implode for a second time. The denial first time around that nothing had changed and the 'retained their history' is laughable. Bottom line, they are down the tubes, the question is how long they can cling on to the cliff edge of eventual liquidation. Popcorn is on standby.... :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

I has a plan,

The Rangers fans could sell all their no votes to yes voters, club together and bail the club out again. Win- Win Situation.

Thats a great idea! What shall we offer? Same as Super Ally? 99p per vote?

No matter what happens to rangers, if we win the league it will have been done on merit.

It will be a long season, the bigger the cloud that hangs over ibrox the better.

I bet right now a few of the players are talking with their agents to prepare them with new clubs over the next 2 transfer windows

Rudolf's Mate
I'm looking forward to 3rd Rangers. The use of the word Third is loaded with nostalgia.

Still won't has as great at history as third Lanark!

Simply the bust

Buster than aww the rest!

What's Ashley's plan here?

Hoovering up various actual or potentially lucrative slices of Rangers business but what's the value in them if Rangers go into administration (and therefore almost certainly further away from restoring their top earning potential back in the SPL and Europe) or insolvency? Surely he's not going to invest in the commercial wing and then allow the business that generates that potential to go tits up?

I'm not counting any points deduction chickens here until we win the league!

kingantti1874

No matter what happens to rangers, if we win the league it will have been done on merit.

It will be a long season, the bigger the cloud that hangs over ibrox the better.

I bet right now a few of the players are talking with their agents to prepare them with new clubs over the next 2 transfer windows

At the very least this will serve as an enormous distraction...

But - we are the strongest team in this division regardless

What's Ashley's plan here?

Hoovering up various actual or potentially lucrative slices of Rangers business but what's the value in them if Rangers go into administration (and therefore almost certainly further away from restoring their top earning potential back in the SPL and Europe) or insolvency? Surely he's not going to invest in the commercial wing and then allow the business that generates that potential to go tits up?

I'm not counting any points deduction chickens here until we win the league!

As the commercial wing are currently turning a profit, he may be quite willing to sit back and let others squabble over it - confident that some version of 3angers will emerge, with fans continuing to buy his goods.

Its hard to feel sorry for them. You seen Hearts adjusting as a Club due to their circumstances but what have Rangers done to help their situation. I've never heard any of their supporters complaining that they are over spending or paying out thousands of pounds a week on players. Nope Rangers splashing the cash they cant afford has little sympathy from me. Intresting times ahead right enough but any other business spending capital like them in the circumstances they were in surely would have brought attention to the authorities would it not.

Was that not just a confusion with Killie?

Ah, quite possibly, I didn't notice any follow up posts about 3angers players, so that might make more sense.

Thanks. :thumb:

Geoff Kilpatrick

How were they allowed to sign Zal, Boyd and Miller in the summer??

Why wouldn't they have been?

As the commercial wing are currently turning a profit, he may be quite willing to sit back and let others squabble over it - confident that some version of 3angers will emerge, with fans continuing to buy his goods.

Absolutely. As long as he thinks he will retain the rights then why would he waste more cash on a business with probable insolvency looming.

I would say though that they should have a decent chance of exiting any administration without being liquidated this time given the small level of creditors.

Admin soon might actually speed up the return ofnormality to the club, including the retail side in the medium term.

Walter Bishop

Why wouldn't they have been?

Maybe not why were they allowed then but surely the powers that be must have know these players were given contracts that the club could not afford?

Maybe not why were they allowed then but surely the powers that be must have know these players were given contracts that the club could not afford?

Possibly, but that is allowed.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:laugh:

Like that matters to the Sweet FA or the SPFL.

In administration, the SPIVS are the creditors and they'll get their money via a CVA. I still think they'll separate the club and stadium first though.

In administration, the SPIVS are the creditors and they'll get their money via a CVA. I still think they'll separate the club and stadium first though.

Do we know who actually owns the stadium?

It's worth noting their next home game is not until Monday 29th Sept (televised v Hibs).

So, with their current current capital halved to ?600k, they really are working with a very fast ticking clock.

Happy days indeed.

Hopefully they wont get to release a DVD called 'Back From The Brink' :smile:

Its more likely to be called "Back From The Bank"

No, and that could prove to be a ticking time bomb for 3angers, as I reckon it would be borderline impossible for them to get out of administration until all the legal actions surrounding that are resolved.

Skivingatwork

Yep, could be a long, messy administration as various court battles ensue over who owns what. Time for a bomber brown deeds rant soon methinks.

No, and that could prove to be a ticking time bomb for 3angers, as I reckon it would be borderline impossible for them to get out of administration until all the legal actions surrounding that are resolved.

I don't it would take long for the Owner of ?brox to show himself because that's where the value of assets lie. "You can't have this cause it's mine here's ra deeds"

Nelly Terraces

This is beautiful. It really is. Loath that mob.

The chief concern for me though is will they get the 15 points deduction and virtually hand the title to us? Any of this situation should be looked at in terms of how it benefits our wonderful club. Any orc seethe after that is a lovely brucie bonus.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The chief concern for me though is will they get the 15 points deduction and virtually hand the title to us? Any of this situation should be looked at in terms of how it benefits our wonderful club. Any orc seethe after that is a lovely brucie bonus.

Was discussing this whole thing with a mate earlier. Neither of us like Rangers, both of us would take delight in them being financially crippled for longer, but, most of all, it's about the boost to our own prospects.

It should be a 25 point deduction.

There is no way the SPFL can agree to this being a first insolvency event while allowing them to retain all the history

It should be a 25 point deduction.

There is no way the SPFL can agree to this being a first insolvency event while allowing them to retain all the history

All eyes on the SFA for sure. I'd be (insert Csabas face here) if they only got 15 points deducted.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic