billy brown to hibs

hibshater

Nelly Terraces

Yeah, I'm furious at this news. :verymad:

Actually, couldn't give a donald duck. They're going down, this latest move will make no difference to that outcome.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we supposed to be bothered in in any way about this?

Well it looks like it, as often is this case with subjects that "nobody gives a **** about", they end up 10 pages long. Pathetic.

Being upset at Billy Brown being a tosser is like being gutted every time Jenna Jameson takes one up the farter.

I JUST SAW THAT ON TWITTER, AND NOW I DON'T KNOW IF HE COPIED YOU, OR IF YOU COPIED HIM, OR IF YOU ARE HIM, OR IF HE IS YOU, AND WHERE ARE MY TROUSERS?!!!

Just to be clear, we're talking about this Billy Brown, right?

_1014197_jefferiesbrowncup300.jpg

Always quite liked him myself.

I would like to take this opportunity to retract my previous post and apologise unreservedly for any distress or misunderstanding my misguided opinion may have caused.

I defended Billy Brown earlier on this thread. I now think he's either completely lost his mind, or is trying to take some daft kind of revenge against Hearts, and especially Vlad.

Go to Hibs, who are nailed on for the drop the way they've started? Go to a club whose manager will be punted in a couple of weeks anyway? Then what, Billy? It's mental - and IMO, he'll live to regret it too. :down:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

As usual, Mr Romanov can sniff a traitor out from a mile away.

TheBigO - you can now go over to Hibs.net and act itk instead of acting like a wee bairn here. Cheerio :thumbsup:

TheBigO - you can now go over to Hibs.net and act itk instead of acting like a wee baird here. Cheerio :thumbsup:

Fixed that for you. smile.gif

cardboardcutout

Billy Brown should have stayed on the dole in deference to a club that sacked him! Whilst i'm not to sure about wishing him luck i cant blame him for taking a job!

I agree.

Now, on a quid pro quo basis, you have to agree with me about Paulo Sergio.

Only fair, DH.

biggrin.gif

There is nothing fair about it IJ.

I can't agree with you on something that isn't true.

Sorry 'chum'.

So basically bb has gone there because he knows calderwood will be fired soon, then he will land the job he has always wanted! I'm sure the tache is a jambo, why else would he go out his way to cause as much conflict as possible!

BB did a good job for us, but was always a hibbee and people should remember ge was always the first to lay into hearts when he was at kille! It was a sad day when these 2 were sacked but onwards and upwards!

So basically bb has gone there because he knows calderwood will be fired soon, then he will land the job he has always wanted! I'm sure the tache is a jambo, why else would he go out his way to cause as much conflict as possible!

BB did a good job for us, but was always a hibbee and people should remember ge was always the first to lay into hearts when he was at kille! It was a sad day when these 2 were sacked but onwards and upwards!

Must say I had never thought of that but on reflection, I'm sure you're right. The tache could only be a Jambo to cause such misery at the Giro.

What a great man.

Couldn't care what he done in the past with us. As soon as he is on the touchline at Tynie in a h*bs tracksuit, he is one of them and won't get anything bar abuse from me.

Neilson's Shank

BB will always be in my memory for his tactical genius, this amounted to two different gestures:

1) The wind it up gesture to encourage the team to go forward

2)The calm it down gesture

This for me sums up BB's visible contribution over the years, however may have contributed more on the training ground.

Unemployed man takes job, not much of a headline though

a lot of folk kidding themselves on. BB is a great signing for them, he knows what is required and will save them from the drop.

a lot of folk kidding themselves on. BB is a great signing for them, he knows what is required and will save them from the drop.

Agreed. The annals of football history are just littered with teams who have been saved from relegation by a new assistant manager.

TheBigO - you can now go over to Hibs.net and act itk instead of acting like a wee bairn here. Cheerio :thumbsup:

Would do, but the confirmation that the chat over there is only as bad as the chat here may just finish me off.

FWIW, I honestly never ever wanted to be in the ITK brigade on here and only really ever outed myself fully once VR gave them the heave (other than a brief, misguided foray in the transfer window where excitement got the better of me). That can be cofirmed by a couple of posters who I've gotten to know and who I'd occasionally PM but never put any info on the board.

Since then, I've laid out what happened second half of last season and suggested VR's meddling was a massive part of the team's downturn in form. For me the biggest worry there wasn't JJ and BB losing their job, it was the confirmation that VR hasn't changed his ways when I, and many others, thought he had. As much as I actually like Vlad, it's a worrying thing, no?

I've now suggested that a bunch of internet crusaders castigating a guy who none of them know and who has taken a paid job which doesn't involve travel or a move, having only done his best for our club on two occasions is a bit off. He did make some comments in the papers, yes. Can't say I agreed with them myself, but to be honest, my biggest complaint about JJ and BB has always been they're a touch too "SFA", party line (they like Neil Lennon!!!) and he only jumped on the bandwagon. And hey, the club hadn't exactly treated him, or a few people he knew well, very well at the time.

I'll be the bairn though, Al. Waaaa waaaa waaaa. Toys oot. It's no fair.

As always, thanks for your concern.

I think Hibs problem just now is their training. The league is hardly awash with great talent and IMO hard work is enough for any team to avoid relegation. Now there maybe a reason that JJ brought Gary Locke on board at Kilmarnock and then to Hearts and its probably to put the players through their paces. This suggests to me that BB wasn't doing this. At 61 BB is hardly going to set the heather on fire with great effort and energy and this is what is required at easter road(or not required from my point of view).

I think this is a major bad move from the Hibs board and it delights me no end :lol:

When CC gets the boot he will be replaced by BB.

The logical sequence then would be for them to appoint an AA

They have been appointing A.bsolute A.r**holes over there for a generation so that should fit the bill nicely

I defended Billy Brown earlier on this thread. I now think he's either completely lost his mind, or is trying to take some daft kind of revenge against Hearts, and especially Vlad.

Go to Hibs, who are nailed on for the drop the way they've started? Go to a club whose manager will be punted in a couple of weeks anyway? Then what, Billy? It's mental - and IMO, he'll live to regret it too. :down:

Is he not just needing a job?

Does he have a mortgage to pay?

I thought he was a Hibs fan in any case?

Has he not helped jj in the past and helped us secure a Scottish Cup victory?

Good luck to him. I think he will get the managers job when Hibs are confirmed as relegated later in the season.

He may also be on a secret mission to make sure Hibs go down? But, this is nonsense as Hibs are going down anyway!

some of you people are nuts. sure he was assistant manager when we won the cup in '98 but that doesnt make him a hearts legend.

when he gets the hibs relegated in '12, then he'll be a hearts legend.

He is unemployed and been offered a role he is well qualified for in the city where he and his family live.

Or should he hold on for the No.2 position at Man Utd? Like it or not, the hibs job is still one of the better ones in Scotland and he would be foolish not to take it, even if you think he will be dumped in couple of weeks.

As for revenge against Vlad........do me a favour.

BB knows the score: coaches lose their jobs all the time for a variety of reasons but he wants to work and this is the best option for him right now. He also knows that, if hibs fail, it is CC who will take the flak and BB can move on unscathed.

Agreed. The annals of football history are just littered with teams who have been saved from relegation by a new assistant manager.

:lol: :lol:

Where does this "He has a mortgage to pay" nonsense spring from?

BB at 61 with his football wages and various pay off's over the years should really have paid off his mortgage by now.

Poor financial planning IMHO.

mahgrassyshoes

BB at 61 with his football wages and various pay off's over the years should really have paid off his mortgage by now.

Will not go down well at Easter Road.:verymad:

exactly ... all this mortgage chat was peeing me off as well

no way does he have one ... should be enjoying his retirement and the golf imo

Just had a sneak peek over on bottomoftheleague.net and most think he's going to cure all ills at Compost Corner.

Lolderwood is still the boss there and Broon will have to toe the line = No Change IMO

Can't see this making any difference at all

Happy Days :thumbsup:

25u39ew.jpg

Does anyone really care - yesterdays man joining a club in terminal decline.

Absolutely correct. If he and Jefferies had done their jobs properly at Hearts second time round, they would still be there. Instead of days off they should be doing the things with the players Paulo is doing. If ever 2 people tried to live off the back of one result, glorious as it was, it was those two.

I would hate for you to see my finances!

"The first call Brown made after this offer was to the man he assisted when Hearts beat Rangers to win the Scottish Cup in 1997"

******* useless journalism as per usual

:vrface::vrface::vrface:

We the hearts fans are now being called fickle cos some have been "well **** Billy Brown", as they the Hibernian scumbags, welcome brown to the fold and are practically beggin for JJ to head there as well after 2 season of hearing the cast aspersions on JJ character, weight, managerial ability and anything else there tiny minds could come up with. You couldnt make that shit up

Archived